criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Paid Content Packages, Money to Dice, Content to Players?

One of the things we remember being said from when they were making this game is that Paid DLCs wouldn't be a feature because they splitted the community in SWBF2015. That's true, I remember how it was harder to find Battle Command mode on Death Star DLC then Walker Assault, Drop Zone, or Heroes Vs Villains.

However this has never splitted the community for who could use Bossk and who couldn't, or who could use those Hutt Contract Weapons, that could only be unlocked by playing with DLC stuff, and who couldn't. It could feel unfair, but not P2W. I mean, we couldn't play in maps restricted to DLCs with players that hadn't bought those DLCs, but we could play with heroes, weapons, and star cards that were restricted to DLCs with player that hadn't bought said DLCs.

So aside from Maps and Game Modes, I believe bringing paid content that can be used regardless if all players in the same lobby have bought that content or not is a good and honest way to allow DICE to make more money from this, and for us to receive more content.

We have so much content from SWBF2015 that MUST come to SWBFII but will probably not come, like weapons, card abilities, heroes.

If it doesn't feel P2W (and I don't recall feeling that in SWBF2015, even with Bossk behind a pay wall), I'm all for it. I'd prefer that then a game which will die after Anakin and the new game mode are released in February.
Tired of BUGs?
giphy.gif
Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• One of the things we remember being said from when they were making this game is that Paid DLCs wouldn't be a feature because they splitted the community in SWBF2015. That's true, I remember how it was harder to find Battle Command mode on Death Star DLC then Walker Assault, Drop Zone, or Heroes Vs Villains.

However this has never splitted the community for who could use Bossk and who couldn't, or who could use those Hutt Contract Weapons, that could only be unlocked by playing with DLC stuff, and who couldn't. It could feel unfair, but not P2W. I mean, we couldn't play in maps restricted to DLCs with players that hadn't bought those DLCs, but we could play with heroes, weapons, and star cards that were restricted to DLCs with player that hadn't bought said DLCs.

So aside from Maps and Game Modes, I believe bringing paid content that can be used regardless if all players in the same lobby have bought that content or not is a good and honest way to allow DICE to make more money from this, and for us to receive more content.

We have so much content from SWBF2015 that MUST come to SWBFII but will probably not come, like weapons, card abilities, heroes.

If it doesn't feel P2W (and I don't recall feeling that in SWBF2015, even with Bossk behind a pay wall), I'm all for it. I'd prefer that then a game which will die after Anakin and the new game mode are released in February.

I don't think DLC money would be a huge motivator for the devs.
  • I think we’re in the minority but I wouldn’t mind paid DLC. A couple bucks every 3 months for actual content drops is fine with me.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Doesn't matter if we were willing to pay $ 10,000.00 per person for a new DLC, they couldn't never sell it because the game was advertised as a "live service" with no paid DLCs. That's what people bought. If they tried selling something like that, they would get sued immediately. Best way to attempt to keep devs on the title is to spend money on crystals. I'm not going to because they show no signs of actually listening to what we want.
  • MyLittleGreenFriend
    3100 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if we were willing to pay $ 10,000.00 per person for a new DLC, they couldn't never sell it because the game was advertised as a "live service" with no paid DLCs. That's what people bought. If they tried selling something like that, they would get sued immediately. Best way to attempt to keep devs on the title is to spend money on crystals. I'm not going to because they show no signs of actually listening to what we want.

I agree with this.

Edit: This was my 1000th post LOL. I finally have that badge.
  • Qui_Gon_J1nn_n_Juice
    122 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Good idea OP, but way too late.

The pay to win crusaders have set this ship (this game) on fire. It became a poster child for the crusaders. Originally, I believe the game was set up as Galaxy of Heroes which is still going on after a few good years. It is definitely a pay to win mobile game.

And we heard the story multiple times what lead to the loot boxes being removed which was going to be the main source of income. In real life (not the virtual reality) you pay more money for quality and maintenance of service. I could see that there was some good potential in this game (more heroes, more maps, especially extraction).

I always have a good chuckle when I hear someone say they are going to sue for false advertisement. If that was plausible, I would be taking about good 75% of the companies that make products to court. There is no true binding contract with a purchase.

We should enjoy the ship while it is still floating.
  • I wouldn't give them any money till they actually fix bugs and get rid of matchmaking, then If.they did that I still struggle to give them any more, imho they don't deserve it. It's nearly a year on and we in a worse postition than the beta.
  • Really wish I could pay for stuff I actually want just about all the stuff we are getting has 0 worth to me.
    6crnoh3a5np2.jpg
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • AuraStorm
    379 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I think its funny people think that the money we spend with micros goes to development cost

If that was the case we wouldn't get sports retreads with no changes every year, EA's makes a killing on micros
  • AuraStorm wrote: »
    I think its funny people think that the money we spend with micros goes to development cost

If that was the case we wouldn't get sports retreads with no changes every year, EA's makes a killing on micros

I know it's not as though dice/ea are a small company, they take millions and millions in each year, throwing money at this game isn't going to do nothing, you might as well flush your cash down the toilet at least you will see where it goes.
  • Game was dead since day 1. They are finally putting it to rest 1 year later.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • The business side of this game is such a basket case.

The biggest lesson for me was not to pre-order any more.