criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Star Wars Battlefront 2

thestarwarsfan
1459 posts Member
edited January 2016
My Changes/Proposals for EA/Dices's Star Wars Battlefront 2 and content which should not be missed!!!

Legend:
SWBF2 = Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)
SWBF = EA's Star WArs Battlefront (2015)

- First of all, give customers who bought SWBF the opportunity to get their money back, if they played less then 5-10h.

- Remove the star card system completly

- Use SWBF2 as a role model. That's what the players want to play.

- Introduce a class system.

- Adjust/refit your engine in order to make space battles possible.

- Add a lot of more content. It's a really bad thing, that SWBF has the size of a demo version.

- Deliver less content with DLCs. Instead deliver a full version of a game.

- React on critics and accept it.

- An Apology for SWBF and misleading advertising.

- Test the maps, make them playable as well as balanced.

- Orientate on old maps from SWBF2

- More Content!

- Single Player with Bots

- Koop split screen mode for offline mode.

- More vehicles.

- The normal control point mode from SWBF2 not the new one from SWBF.

- Heroes should also be orientated on SWBF2.

- Game Designers especially level desingers should try harder to do their jobs.

- Don't create to many small mpas, almost no one wants to play it.

- Put the focus on the normal players and not on your main stream crowd "EA's father son experience".

- Take over the walker assault mode.

- Create a kind of the "gold rush mode" from Battlefield Bad Company 1.

- Galaxy conquest.

- Remove the pairwise spawning. Instead create larger squads with more players or remove it completly.

- Perhapse fire the responsible guy for SWBF at EA/Dice.

- Test the game completly before you puplish the BETA!

- Add a reasonable skin system like the one from League of Legends or a character editor from Eve Online.

- There should be at least all soundtracks from SWBF2 and not less, regardless the episodes!

- Increase the players per map.

- Integrate Eps. 1-7.

- Maybe a not loveless created campange.

- If you remove the star cards, let vehicles spawn again on the map like in SWBF2.

- Conquer the flag mode.

- AT-AT should be playable and not time limited. But make the AT-AT destroable (not walker assault modes).

- A lot of more weapons and species. Not less than in SWBF2.

- Maybe a small fun pod racer mode.

- All kinds of spaceships (frigate, B-Wing, E-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Bomber, Transporters etc.)

- Server Browser for the PC.

- Rework the controls of all vehicles, espcially the speeder control.

- Remove seasonpasses.

- Take over the hero controls from SWBF2.

- Put the focus on the playability as well as the sound, not on the graphics!!!

- Trailers should show the gameplay material and what is in the game and not what could be in it, but it isn't in the game.

- Keep the contact alive with the community.

- Make the game modable.

- Harder penalties for cheaters!

- No spawn protection but a better locations for spawnpoints.

- Really I mean it. Orientate on SWBF2, so it won't be a betrayl/scam like SWBF 2015!

- Contact me privatly on the messagingfunction, if you need help for "your SWBF 2".

- Transfer the license if you are not able to create a good, tested game with content to another studio.

- In case of need: Rework SWBF2 with just better graphics.

A small comparision of SWBF2 (2005) vs SWBF (2015)

Number of maps: 33 total. 16 planets Plus 4 DLC maps (2005) | 8 total 5 planets (2015)
Number of players: Up to 32vs32 on all modes (2005) | Up to 20vs20 less on some modes (2015)
Space battles: Yes (2005) |No (2015)
Moddable : Yes (2005)|No(2015)
DLC: 1 pack with 4 maps and 2 new heros(2005)|5 Planned DLC packs(2015)
Campaign : Yes (2005)|No(2015)
Galactic conquest: Yes(2005)|No(2015)
Instant action?: Yes(2005) |No(2015)
Infantry types: 51playable infantry types consisting of 6 standard classes per faction (24 total) plus 8 unique faction classes plus 19 playable hero units (2005)|Loadouts only. 6 heroes only (2015) (ships don't count!)
Vehicle types: 37 controllable vehicles plus 15 controllable turrets(2005)|AT-AT not playable plus 7 playable vehicles (2015)

A.I. players?: Yes (2005)|Only in one game mode(2015)
Playable eras: Classic and prequel(2005)|Classic more or less(2015)
Release date: November 2005 November 2015

This list should clarify, why SWBF 2015 lags on content!
My rating for SWBF2015 with consideration of SWBF2, 20/100%.
My rating for SWBF2015 without consideration of SWBF2, 32/100%.

My opinion to SWBF2015: It's just an really really expensive addon for SWBF2.

These are just proposals which EA/Dice should consider for the next SWBF2 game!

At the end, I would like to get a statement from EA or Dice what went wrong on SWBF2015. I think a lot of people think that
EA/Dice are just gold diggers. Convince me that you are not.

4oEtTHz.png

Replies

• I agree with all of this. But it wont happen unfortunately
  • it would be great, but it probably wont happen because dice and ea dont care about us. They just want to make as much money as possible with as little effort as possible.
  • There will be no SWBF2 for me, nor any other EA Dice title. Burned way to many times now so they might as well throw everything into this one instead of just OT crap.
  • I agree with almost everything you said. They should not have called it Battlefront and I wouldn't be so frustrated with this game. They could have called it anything but Battlefront and it would be much better. In my honest opinion, they could have made it exactly like the old SWBF2 with updated graphics and it would be much better than this game. And I really, really wanted to like this game.

This game is so bad that my buddy and I went out and bought an old PS2 and Battlefront 2 over Christmas. That game is a classic and is infinitely better than Battlefront EA.
  • +1 post
  • IVIaster_LUKE
    1567 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    That would definitely cure my Bitter Veteran Syndrome. :D
    luke.png
  • I send my list to MrSeldgehammer70, perhapse he answers :)
    But in the meantime I think EA/Dice's SWBF2015 is like this ET game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(video_game)) from Atari, just without the commercial flop and the graveyard due to many people had the hope to get a really good SWBF like EA told us with their trailers and their advertising^^
    4oEtTHz.png
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I forgot in the list above:
    - Bring back an ammo system. Maybe Health and Ammo Droids or pack what ever but not this endless ammo "fireaction".

- Integrate friendly fire. This would stop this grenade rushes, like in EA/Dice SWBF...
    4oEtTHz.png
  • I send my list to MrSeldgehammer70, perhapse he answers :)
    But in the meantime I think EA/Dice's SWBF2015 is like this ET game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(video_game)) from Atari, just without the commercial flop and the graveyard due to many people had the hope to get a really good SWBF like EA told us with their trailers and their advertising^^
    HAHA! I was thinking the same thing...I believe we have a new title holder of the worst game ever made.
  • I forgot in the list above:
    - Bring back an ammo system. Maybe Health and Ammo Droids or pack what ever but not this endless ammo "fireaction".

- Integrate friendly fire. This would stop this grenade rushes, like in EA/Dice SWBF...

+1 and another +1 for the OP