criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Be Able To Claim Heroes Before Spawn Time Runs Out

vonVile
387 posts Member
edited October 2018
Its annoying that I have to waste up to 5 seconds to hopefully play as a hero only at the last split second somebody else selects one. I should be able to claim a Hero and then wait until the timer runs out to spawn.

Replies

• Cadoth
    1178 posts Member
    vonVile wrote: »
    Its annoying that I have to waste up to 5 seconds to hopefully play as a hero only at the last split second somebody else selects one. I should be able to claim a Hero and then wait until the timer runs out to spawn.

Completely agree, it would a little but really pleasant change
  • vonVile wrote: »

The person that snatches the hero a second before you will still snag the hero a second before you as they won't have to wait either. Only thing this would change is that you wouldn't have thought you were getting a hero for 4 seconds.

The person that snatches the hero a second before you will still snag the hero a second before you as they won't have to wait either. Only thing this would change is that you wouldn't have thought you were getting a hero for 4 seconds.

Agreed. Pointless.
  • vonVile
    387 posts Member
    edited October 2018

How do you know that? He could could have died after me and have a shorter spawn timer.

Even if it was like you claim. I'm wasting time hoping to get a Hero and not getting one. If the Hero is already claimed then I would get right back into the game instead of waiting only to get nothing. That's the problem.
  • But whomever got that hero before you was obviously waiting longer than you so they'd still get it before you...
  • Not just heroes, but also vehicles and reinforcements. There should not be a spawn timer. We should always spawn immediatly imo. This would avoid those occurrences.

How do you know that? He could could have died after me and have a shorter spawn timer.

Even if it was like you claim. I'm wasting time hoping to get a Hero and not getting one. If the Hero is already claimed then I would get right back into the game instead of waiting only to get nothing. That's the problem.

Everyone has the same spawn timer. If he got the hero a split second before you could get it, he died a split second before you, waited out his spawn timer, and selected the hero. As you died a split second after him, your spawn timer still had a split second left when his ended.

Letting a person know that a hero wouldn't be available would be useful information. Though, I think giving the person that died first a few seconds to select a hero is more important instead of creating a mini-game as people frantically try to select a hero before someone else. Granted, if there is no spawn timer, make it a free for all.
  • I

I agree. Either way, you could still miss out on the hero you want, but at least it doesn't leave you with that 5 seconds of false hope any more that just adds more unnecessary stress to the game.
  • Lmaoooo it has to be decided who gets to pick a hero one way or another. Why should you have dibs when someone has less of a spawn timer left than you.
  • Definitely. I've had too many situations I lose the hero as I couldn't pick them during a spawn timer. This really needs to be removed for heroes and vehicles. Or at least let players secure the hero and then wait until the spawn timer finishes.