criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

51 Years old and Maxed Out

Just maximum levelled everything in the game plus 100% completion and 100% Trophies on PS4.

Wondering if there's many out there in my age group that hammers everything to the maximum like me. Can't wait for the new content. Need more milestones and raise the level cap please devs.

... Love Star Wars and love this game despite all the issues!!

zwlqkuph344n.jpg

swkoopi45fnd.jpg

Replies

• Cheers dude.. crying out for new content now :)
  • Omniscient
    777 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    BoothStick wrote: »
    Good on yah! and as @Dash said "Dont Stop!"

I've been working on a Documentary here in Florida for a Canadian Production Company the past few months. Apparently there is a study that's showing gaming in your "Golden Years" is actually really healthy for you, and preventive medicine so to speak. It started with games that focused on pattern recognition. However, as the study has gone on they've found that "Open World Games" and "Shooters" have shown the most benefits for mental health. Cognitive Functions, Memory, and Reflex/Reaction Timing all benifit from continued gaming.

And for those of you that think one day you'll be too old for gaming... hogwash. Gaming Grandpa shows you're never too old to game.
    (Gaming Grandpa's Comments can be NSFW for profanity)
    [Mod edit: Video removed due to profanity]

Well stated—and good luck with the documentary. Is there a working title yet?

“Gaming Grannies and Grandpas”

“Xbox and Silver Locks”

“PS4s and Bed Sores”

“PCs and Frequent Wees”

“Gaming for Geriatrics”

“I Survived the Great Depression: And I’ll Still P0wn You”

All jesting aside, NSFW grandpas are the best—just not in nursing homes...what with all the grabbing and pinching.

So, all of us up and coming and present old timers better stop going half speed on the highway and go full speed with gaming!
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • T0TALfps wrote: »
    Massive pat on the back for maxing things out, i'll definitely send through the suggestion about raising the cap and milestones. Keep on rocking it out there Surf.

Thanks man... just love this game, it's pure Star Wars!!!

Here's hoping you give us an "Old Ben" skin when Kenobi arrives as I'm an OT fanatic!!
  • Congrats! I probably skew a bit older than the average player (but not 50+) and I suspect there are others out there.
  • Surf1967 wrote: »
    T0TALfps wrote: »
    Massive pat on the back for maxing things out, i'll definitely send through the suggestion about raising the cap and milestones. Keep on rocking it out there Surf.

Thanks man... just love this game, it's pure Star Wars!!!

Here's hoping you give us an "Old Ben" skin when Kenobi arrives as I'm an OT fanatic!!

Agreed. Old Ben, old Luke. Throw in old Han and old Leia and it could be a party. (I really want to see them in the game, especially old Luke)
    Also, to the OP, congratulations on completing everything. I haven't got there yet myself, but I think I'm getting there.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • New challenges would be nice, Instead of accumulation of points...
  • Why I’m in my early 20s and have max everyout but I’m surprise that people in their 50s play this game. Also did you play the originals(2004-2005)?
  • I played the originals and also saw the Original opening day!

Why I’m in my early 20s and have max everyout but I’m surprise that people in their 50s play this game. Also did you play the originals(2004-2005)?

• GGs mate, won't be 100% myself but I did get all PSN trophies.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    BoothStick wrote: »
    Good on yah! and as @Dash said "Dont Stop!"

I've been working on a Documentary here in Florida for a Canadian Production Company the past few months. Apparently there is a study that's showing gaming in your "Golden Years" is actually really healthy for you, and preventive medicine so to speak. It started with games that focused on pattern recognition. However, as the study has gone on they've found that "Open World Games" and "Shooters" have shown the most benefits for mental health. Cognitive Functions, Memory, and Reflex/Reaction Timing all benifit from continued gaming.

And for those of you that think one day you'll be too old for gaming... hogwash. Gaming Grandpa shows you're never too old to game.
    (Gaming Grandpa's Comments can be NSFW for profanity)

Well stated—and good luck with the documentary. Is there a working title yet?

@Omniscient thank you! As of now no working title. It started as a Featured Segment for one of CTV's Nature & Science shows back in March. Then the 3rd Party Booking Company Assignment Desk booked me again for them last June. Usually come in for 3 days and then leave. The last time I worked for them the subject was "Cost Efficiency of Gamine on a Retired Fixed Income"... last September I think. The PC Gaming only part of the study had been abandoned and other platforms allowed.

The main games the study was looking at that had the most abundant play time on were Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn, Skyrim, and Fallout. They booked me again Nov27&28 in Ormond Beach, FL where we've never shot before. So I dont know if its expanding ?... or they've moved the study?... but I have a feeling it will be ongoing for a year plus. I'll let you know if it ever gets finished.
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sv3zyg23 wrote: »
    I played the originals and also saw the Original opening day!

Why I’m in my early 20s and have max everyout but I’m surprise that people in their 50s play this game. Also did you play the originals(2004-2005)?

That’s cool how did it felt the openings? Also my opinion but the PT are good but not as great at the OT and the ST well they remakes of the OT basically but in the wrong ways. Also the orginal battlefront were so good especially the music that was hype at its core. Two things lacking with this game, music plus sound effects and offline content plus a good campaign.
  • Sv3zyg23
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The opening was amazing. They painted the main Star Wars logo (the one with Luke holding is light saber in the air) in the front parking lot. The lines were around the building. Nothing will ever compare to the opening score starting as the movie started. Best childhood memory ever and where I began my love for everything Star Wars! You are right about the games. It would be great to reboot them (same content) with today’s motion/graphics. I’m a video and motion graphics editor (I knew that’s what I wanted to be when I first saw the movie). I love this game but really wish it had the attention it deserves to be made into an epic game.

Sv3zyg23 wrote: »
    I played the originals and also saw the Original opening day!

That’s cool how did it felt the openings? Also my opinion but the PT are good but not as great at the OT and the ST well they remakes of the OT basically but in the wrong ways. Also the orginal battlefront were so good especially the music that was hype at its core. Two things lacking with this game, music plus sound effects and offline content plus a good campaign.

• Liz4rD
    1008 posts Member
    47 YO here, almost 95% milestones completed and all maxed out except for some Hero Ships, and a bunch of Heroes (Boba, Lando and Leia all of them a couple of levels below 40).

Ive played ALL the Star Wars games ever published.

I got in a shelf just in front of me the great X-Wing vs Tie Fighter... ;)
  • I'm glad there's someone older than me playing this
  • There is another....

Thank you Surf, you're _not_ our only hope...;-)

Fellow vintage here, just now starting out...level 5.
    Loving every parsec of it.

• Skowsa
    316 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Wow I feel young at 45 in this thread. I don’t have time for maxing everything but my heavy and officer are there. My enforcer should be by the end of this double XP weekend if I can get my kids off the Xbox.

Old time gamers rule.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • This game is oretyy good and after February will finally feel like the base game we all wanted. Hoping to get coruscant, space coruscant, Jango fett, padme, Jango dove one, Obi Wan hero ship and sentinel Class come to this game and mustafar if we’re luckly.
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    Way to go and congrats! Age 42 and working on hitting max with everything as well. Max Level overall. Max on all infantry, GA vehicles, & base starfighters. Hit 40 with Kylo today. All hero ships 26 or higher, and hope to max a few more tomorrow.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Same age as you OP, although a way to go before I 100% this: congrats!

And to those of you talking about “seniors” and “old time gamers”: who are you calling “old”, lol?
    I’ll have you know I’m a very young 51 years! (Now, where did I leave the controller?)