criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Definitive Hero Star Card Guide *Revised* HOK & CW Heroes/Villains Updated

Dash
11044 posts Member
edited December 2
This guide will be to give you a head start for Oct. 30th Grievous/All Hero/Villain HOK Deployment. As well as being Updated per Hero/Villain being Added throughout CW Theme DLC Drops. (https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121205/community-transmission-hero-health-star-cards/p1) I will cover the builds I will go with for GA/HVV/HS while explaining why. The goal here is not only to give everyone some extra heads up, but also to help make you a better YOU while playing these modes perspectively. Let's get started shall we.

Heroes:

Obi Wan:

ly21maulfqfm.jpg

GA: Jedi General, Forward, Quickened Focus. (This will give Obi Sustain, as well as more of a lethality in his ability rotation with All-out Push). [If you feel you need more time/experience with Obi-Wan, and want even more survivability, switch out Quickened Focus for HP Regen. It will help you last longer as you learn him].

HVV/HS: Perfect Defense, Think It Over, More Doubts. (This is CRUCIAL to Obi play in HVV. This is to lock down evasive enemies, and keep them in range of your team to Engage/Attack/Finish. He will be a Defensive animal, and Protector of his team mates, a Guardian).

Leveling Video:

Obi-Wan HVV/HS build in action:

Obi-Wan GA build in action:

Anakin:

qcptr45tsd2g.jpg

GA: Soon™

HVV/HS:
Soon™

Chewbacca:
GA: Wookie Berserker, Slammed, Bonus Health (I chose these cards because it guarantees the slam kill [OVERKILL to be exact] which gives you the HOK even more consistently while also being a bit more tanky/more hp).
HVV/HS: Shocked and Vulnerable, Extended Shock, Furious Resilience. (This loadout showcases more durability and CC).

Han:
GA: Air Burst, Head Games, Heavily Modified Blaster. (This loadout is for sustain, AOE/Bursty DPS, and gives Han a much better rate of fire [Fires longer]).
HVV/HS: Air Burst, Sharpshooter's Calm, Heavily Modified Blaster. (Burst Burst Burst DPS).

Lando:
GA: Maximized Efficiency, In the Zone, Wide Eyed. (Multi Target Sustain and Burst/Suppression).
HVV/HS:
Wide Eyed, Quick Shock, Hot and Cold. (CC/Murder).

Leia:
GA/HVV/HS:
Rebel Heart, For the Rebellion, Relentless Firing. (I use this build across all modes for Leia. Fire endlessly, tank direct in your face damage, and kill all before you while doing so life leeching).

Luke:
GA: Extended Push, Cleansing the Darkness, Rush Immunity. (Sustain and you can soak up a bit more damage if needed).
HVV/HS:
Jedi Reflexes, Epicenter, Rush Immunity. (Soak up Way more damage with constant damage reduction while rushing into groups of Villains, and a bit more Oomf with Repulse to get the job done with CC).

Rey:
GA: Survivor, Far Sight, Resilient Dash. (Sustain, Awarenes for you and your team mates at longer ranges, & slight damage reduction when dashing in or out).
HVV/HS:
Focused Sight, Deep Mind, Strong Mind. (CC & Confusion).

Yoda:
GA: Unleashed, Master of the Force, Jedi Mentor. (Sustain & PTO protective capable).
HVV/HS:
Enduring Presence, Feel the Force, Jedi Mentor. (Team Synergy to the Max/Protection).

Finn:
GA: All Together, Stay Calm, Raised to do one thing. (Sustain & Mutli Target suppression/aquisition).
HVV/HS:
Raised to do one thing, One Resistance, No more Running. (Self Explanatory).

Villains:

Grievous:

uaenttjm85cz.jpeg

GA: Cyborg Rage, Beating heart , Cowardly retreat. (Sustain & Multi Target Annihilation). OR Tanky DPS Cyborg Rage, Cowardly Retreat, & Sith Trained.
HVV/HS:
Beating Heart, Cowardly Retreat, Jedi Killer. (CC & CC Survival). DPS Build would be Sith Trained with BOTH Thrust Cards. With that loadout he plays like a Blink Strike Rogue from WoW. Very powerful.

Use this as a point of reference on how to play as him: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9snx0v/quick_grievous_tips_for_those_who_are_struggling/

Added Launch day Game play of Grievous using these builds as a guide:

Count Dooku:

hgn2kgk36z6p.png

GA: Soon™

HVV/HS: Soon™

Boba:
GA: Information Sharing, Intense Barrage, Death From Above. (Sustain & gives Boba some much needed beefiness while exposed in the air and using RB).
HVV/HS:
Intense Barrage, Hero Rockets, Blaster Disabler. (High DPS output against enemy Heroes & Anti Blaster countering).

Bossk:
GA: Trap Arming Speed, Multi Traps, Unrelenting Predator. (High/Fast Burst and Enemy Suppression/CC).
HVV/HS:
Trap Arming Speed, Multi Traps, Predator Resilience. (Same as above, but with more tankiness for CQC in these modes).

Vader:
GA: Furious Resilience, Intensified Saber Throw, Dark Lord. (Sustain, Tanky, & anti trooper).
HVV/HS:
Bonus Health, Furious Resilience, Last Grasp OR Intensified Saber Throw [Up to you]).

Palpatine:
GA: Lightning Reach, Lightning Absorption, Surge of Lightning. (Heal and Deal).
HVV/HS:
Amplified Aura, In Full Control, Prime Electrocution. (CC Burst).

Iden:
GA/HVV/HS:
Cooled Blaster, Droid Batteries, Friend in Battle. (I use this for all modes personally, works wonders).

Kylo:
GA: Frenzied, Bloodlust, Harsh Pull. (Sustain & Gap closing/multi target slaying).
HVV/HS:
Harsh Pull, Total Control, Bloodlust. (CC & Killing what you see).

Maul:
GA: Light saber Defense, Frantic Strikes, Fool me Once. (Sustain for HP/Burst & Mobility).
HVV/HS:
Light Saber Defense, Thrown to Slow, Fool me Once. (CC/CD/Mobility).

Phasma:
GA: Only Pawns, Easy Shots, Not Hard Enough. (Sustain (if it works :( & anti trooper weapon setup, along with some tankiness for the long fights/engagements).
HVV/HS:
Safety First, Not Hard Enough, The More the Better. (Faster CC & Tankiness).

I play my way and it works well. Feel free to try out your own Star Card Combinations for varying results to see what better suits You and Your play style better. This list was to show what works well, and well for me from my experience throughout my time playing this game since Closed Alpha. I hope this helps anyone who was confused as to what loadouts to set for the patch deployment, as well as assists those who just needed an extra push in the right direction as to how to set their cards up for varying modes.

I will update this Guide when Obi, Anakin, and Dooku are added.

Thanks for reading guys. I hope these builds provide you with some new Insight and FUN to be had! Have a good time everyone.
May the Force be with You, Always.
Other Builds from Guides done before are in the links below:

Read this to learn about Each Class with Basic Loadouts from Day one Playing as well as Learning about who you are and what Kind of Player you want to be/Are.
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/91770/definitive-class-guide-for-new-players-current-game-build-12-25-2017#latest
Read these for more builds from my other guides not listed here. These builds are still awesome.
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/91770/definitive-class-guide-for-new-players-current-game-build-12-25-2017#latest
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/94019/definitive-custom-star-card-class-guide-for-new-players-current-game-build-01-10-2018#latest
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/100012/custom-class-loadouts-builds-revisited-current-build-1-2-2-21-2018#latest
Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

Post edited by Dash on

Replies

• Epic. 395t7vqddw3f.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Dash
    11044 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Epic. 395t7vqddw3f.png

:blush:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash wrote: »
    This guide will be to give you a head start for Oct. 30th Grievous/All Hero/Villain HOK Deployment. (https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121205/community-transmission-hero-health-star-cards/p1) I will cover the builds I will go with for GA/HVV/HS while explaining why. The goal here is not only to give everyone some extra heads up, but also to help make you a better YOU while playing these modes perspectively. Let's get started shall we.

Heroes:

Chewbacca:
    GA: Wookie Berserker, Slammed, Bonus Health (I chose these cards because it guarantees the slam kill [OVERKILL to be exact] which gives you the HOK even more consistently while also being a bit more tanky/more hp).
    HVV/HS: Shocked and Vulnerable, Extended Shock, Furious Resilience. (This loadout showcases more durability and CC).

Han:
    GA: Air Burst, Head Games, Heavily Modified Blaster. (This loadout is for sustain, AOE/Bursty DPS, and gives Han a much better rate of fire [Fires longer]).
    HVV/HS: Air Burst, Sharpshooter's Calm, Heavily Modified Blaster. (Burst Burst Burst DPS).

Lando:
    GA: Maximized Efficiency, In the Zone, Wide Eyed. (Multi Target Sustain and Burst/Suppression).
    HVV/HS:

Leia:
    GA/HVV/HS:
    Rebel Heart, For the Rebellion, Relentless Firing. (I use this build across all modes for Leia. Fire endlessly, tank direct in your face damage, and kill all before you while doing so life leeching).

Luke:
    GA: Extended Push, Cleansing the Darkness, Rush Immunity. (Sustain and you cant soak up a bit more damage if needed).
    HVV/HS:
    Jedi Reflexes, Epicenter, Rush Immunity. (Soak up Way more damage with constant damage reduction while rushing into groups of Villains, and a bit more Oomf with Repulse to get the job done with CC).

Rey:
    GA: Survivor, Far Sight, Resilient Dash. (Sustain, Awarenes for you and your team mates at longer ranges, & slight damage reduction when dashing in or out).
    HVV/HS:

Yoda:
    GA: Unleashed, Master of the Force, Jedi Mentor. (Sustain & PTO protective capable).
    HVV/HS:
    Enduring Presence, Feel the Force, Jedi Mentor. (Team Synergy to the Max/Protection).

Finn:
    GA: All Together, Stay Calm, Raised to do one thing. (Sustain & Mutli Target suppression/aquisition).
    HVV/HS:
    Raised to do one thing, One Resistance, No more Running.

Villains:

Grievous:
    GA: Cyborg Rage, Sith Trained, Line up Weaklings. (Sustain & Multi Target Annihilation).
    HVV/HS:
    Beating Heart, Cowardly Retreat, Jedi Killer. (CC & CC Survival).

Boba:
    GA: Information Sharing, Intense Barrage, Death From Above. (Sustain & gives Boba some much needed beefiness while exposed in the air and using RB).
    HVV/HS:
    Intense Barrage, Hero Rockets, Blaster Disabler. (High DPS output against enemy Heroes & Anti Blaster countering).

Bossk:
    GA: Trap Arming Speed, Multi Traps, Unrelenting Predator. (High/Fast Burst and Enemy Suppression/CC).
    HVV/HS:
    Trap Arming Speed, Multi Traps, Predator Resilience. (Same as above, but with more tankiness for CQC in these modes).

Vader:
    GA: Furious Resilience, Intensified Saber Throw, Dark Lord. (Sustain, Tanky, & anti trooper).
    HVV/HS:
    Bonus Health, Furious Resilience, Last Grasp OR Intensified Saber Throw [Up to you]).

Palpatine:
    HVV/HS:

Iden:
    GA/HVV/HS:
    Cooled Blaster, Droid Batteries, Friend in Battle. (I use this for all modes personally, works wonders).

Kylo:
    GA: Blood Letting Frenzy, Bloodlust, Harsh Pull. (Sustain & Gap closing/multi target slaying).
    HVV/HS:

Maul:
    GA: Light saber Defense, Frantic Strikes, Fool me Once. (Sustain for HP/Burst & Mobility).
    HVV/HS:

Phasma:
    GA: Only Pawns, Easy Shots, Not Hard Enough. (Sustain (if it works :( & anti trooper weapon setup, along with some tankiness for the long fights/engagements).
    HVV/HS:

I play my way and it works well. Feel free to try out your own Star Card Combinations for varying results to see what better suits You and Your play style better. This list was to show what works well, and well for me from my experience throughout my time playing this game since Closed Alpha. I hope this helps anyone who was confused as to what loadouts to set for the patch deployment, as well as assists those who just needed an extra push in the right direction as to how to set their cards up for varying modes.

Thanks for reading guys. I hope these builds provide you with some new Insight and FUN to be had! Have a good time everyone.

Read this to learn about Each Class with Basic Loadouts from Day one Playing as well as Learning about who you are and what Kind of Player you want to be/Are.
    Read these for more builds from my other guides not listed here. These builds are still awesome.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/94019/definitive-custom-star-card-class-guide-for-new-players-current-game-build-01-10-2018#latest
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/100012/custom-class-loadouts-builds-revisited-current-build-1-2-2-21-2018#latest

Disagree with vader & bossk. For 1 almost all of bossk cards are so good it doesn't matter but for me personally I only use 1 trap card, his health card & more time with his grenades. I can constantly push the obj with this setup. For vader extended choke time only use choke against heros or a stinger pistol guy, let a hero come my way when I'm next to a trooper. Also that death from above is bad imo need the card for more air time. I almost never get shot when using rocket barrage simply because people don't see me coming
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    edited October 27
    Dash wrote: »
    This guide will be to give you a head start for Oct. 30th Grievous/All Hero/Villain HOK Deployment. (https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121205/community-transmission-hero-health-star-cards/p1) I will cover the builds I will go with for GA/HVV/HS while explaining why. The goal here is not only to give everyone some extra heads up, but also to help make you a better YOU while playing these modes perspectively. Let's get started shall we.

Heroes:

Chewbacca:

Han:

Lando:
    HVV/HS:

Leia:
    GA/HVV/HS:

Luke:
    GA: Extended Push, Cleansing the Darkness, Rush Immunity. (Sustain and you cant soak up a bit more damage if needed).
    HVV/HS:

Rey:
    HVV/HS:

Yoda:
    HVV/HS:

Finn:
    HVV/HS:

Villains:

Grievous:
    GA: Cyborg Rage, Sith Trained, Line up Weaklings. (Sustain & Multi Target Annihilation).
    HVV/HS:

Boba:
    HVV/HS:

Bossk:
    HVV/HS:

Vader:
    HVV/HS:

Palpatine:
    HVV/HS:

Iden:
    GA/HVV/HS:

Kylo:
    GA: Blood Letting Frenzy, Bloodlust, Harsh Pull. (Sustain & Gap closing/multi target slaying).
    HVV/HS:

Maul:
    HVV/HS:

Phasma:
    HVV/HS:

Disagree with vader & bossk. For 1 almost all of bossk cards are so good it doesn't matter but for me personally I only use 1 trap card, his health card & more time with his grenades. I can constantly push the obj with this setup. For vader extended choke time only use choke against heros or a stinger pistol guy, let a hero come my way when I'm next to a trooper. Also that death from above is bad imo need the card for more air time. I almost never get shot when using rocket barrage simply because people don't see me coming

Vader can be played All Tanky or As Slightly Tanky DPS. I prefer him as Slightly Tanky DPS anti trooper for GA.

This guide is a baseline to see what I do, so that others can use it identically or modify it for how They play/for Their play style.

So in essence this isn’t a debate post, just a guide. Just trying to help those that need it. If your way works for you, and my way works for me, it’s all good right? :wink:

Some will learn, others will adjust, but most will become better than they were yesterday. :blush:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Took a harder look & luke rush immunity card is trash. It only last 3 seconds which is how long it takes to do the animation. Bigger area of affect does wonders for repulse in GA & 3 dashes is necessary in HvV to burn through blocks
  • Dash wrote: »

Heroes:

Chewbacca:

Han:

Lando:
    HVV/HS:

Leia:
    GA/HVV/HS:

Luke:
    HVV/HS:

Rey:
    HVV/HS:

Yoda:
    HVV/HS:

Finn:
    HVV/HS:

Villains:

Grievous:
    HVV/HS:

Boba:
    HVV/HS:

Bossk:
    HVV/HS:

Vader:
    HVV/HS:

Palpatine:
    HVV/HS:

Iden:
    GA/HVV/HS:

Kylo:
    HVV/HS:

Maul:
    HVV/HS:

Phasma:
    HVV/HS:

Vader can be played All Tanky or As Slightly Tanky DPS. I prefer him as Slightly Tanky DPS anti trooper for GA.

This guide is a baseline to see what I do, so that others can use it identically or modify it for how They play/for Their play style.

So in essence this isn’t a debate post, just a guide. Just trying to help those that need it. If your way works for you, and my way works for me, it’s all good right? :wink:

Some will learn, others will adjust, but most will become better than they were yesterday. :blush:

I think vader is Tanky as long as he has furious resilience card. Yeah true
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    edited October 27
    Took a harder look & luke rush immunity card is trash. It only last 3 seconds which is how long it takes to do the animation. Bigger area of affect does wonders for repulse in GA & 3 dashes is necessary in HvV to burn through blocks

All the videos of me on my channel with Luke surviving like I do against all odds are because of Rush immunity’s damage reduction. I would never play without it as it is extremely viable for my aggressive nature/play style. I use rush to move in and out and it saves me from massive damage every time. It’s a part of my own style and I rely heavily on its damage reduction for those moments. In this video if I didn’t have Rush immunity, I wouldn’t have survived any of what you see.

Watch here to see what I mean:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• I like this list.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    I like this list.

<3 :blush:
    wf0wgud5byvv.gif

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• I guess it's just for you I play luke very aggressively without said card. I personally believe his rush is bad compared to mauls covers no distance really
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    I guess it's just for you I play luke very aggressively without said card. I personally believe his rush is bad compared to mauls covers no distance really

It’s like I was saying, for me it’s worth it. Especially as shown in the beginning of the video and later when outnumbered and being lightning spammed. It just reduces all of the incoming damage so much when being evasive that I love it. Let’s me flow in and out safely and readjust to catch my breath and think my way out.

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash
    11044 posts Member
    More Examples of Class & Hero builds:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Bossk:
    HVV/HS:
    sfmce3k1k39f.png
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Dash
    11044 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Bossk:
    HVV/HS:
    sfmce3k1k39f.png

Omg Lmfao!!! :lol: kwmct45i1qrb.gif

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited October 27

Han:

9gm3x7rz7rka.png
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• JMaster
    1967 posts Member
    I'd love to show my ideas once the Kaleesh warlord comes around, I like that (to my limited theoretical knowledge) all of his Star Cards seem useful in some way. I can see loadouts based on his Claw Rush, Unrelenting Advance, and Thrust Surge, as well as a variety of more standard issue loadouts. Here's hoping!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    JMaster wrote: »
    I'd love to show my ideas once the Kaleesh warlord comes around, I like that (to my limited theoretical knowledge) all of his Star Cards seem useful in some way. I can see loadouts based on his Claw Rush, Unrelenting Advance, and Thrust Surge, as well as a variety of more standard issue loadouts. Here's hoping!

We shall see soon enough. :blush:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash
    11044 posts Member
    Almost go time people!!! :sunglasses:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• I prefer Alternative methods for Iden in GA.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• nice list Dash
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    edited November 13
    EightMile wrote: »
    nice list Dash

Thanks dude :smile:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash
    11044 posts Member
    edited November 14
    This video showcases my custom Luke build I posted here months ago that I have spent a lot of time mastering and honing in HVV. To me using HOK, Dash Damage Reduction, & Force Push radius increase is the best build for my aggressive play style. It allows me to initiate every engagement I see fit to. I’m allowed to stay in the fight longer and more aggressively, I constantly leech life upon all kills per aggressive attack. It suits me perfectly.

If HVV & Luke is of interest to any readers here, I highly advise you to watch this video entirely. You will see me having fun, being aggressive, showcasing a lot of skill & experience, as well as being able to toy with enemies because of that experience. Here it is:

Enjoy. :blush:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Dash
    11044 posts Member
    Updated for Obi Wan Builds in reference to his release this week. Enjoy :)

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• IronSoldier
    2125 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    That ninja quick edit.
  • Dash
    11044 posts Member
    That ninja quick edit.

:sunglasses:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif