criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

An Improvment for Fett: Sniping Mode

WorldShuffle
296 posts Member
edited October 2018
acvflnyq3xsr.jpeg

To make it short:
It would be cool or an improvement, especially for GA, if they add a sniping mode for Boba. Nothing really special, just add the possibility to kneel with Boba (on PS4 if you press circle a bit longer) and while he is doing this, he is able to zoom like a normal Assault Trooper. In this Time, he is unable to use his jetpack directly, he first has to stand up.

Thoughts?
@F8RGE
Post edited by WorldShuffle on

Replies

• Legolas79391
    758 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Not bad, but why not just give him an aiming dot (ADS wouldn't hurt but it's not necessary) and settle down if his blaster should be slow and accurate or fast and less accurate, instead of slow AND inaccurate. They did it with X8 from bf1 to Bf2 and exactly opposit with EE-3. Dice, please
    59uvpcdx2zvn.gif

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• acvflnyq3xsr.jpeg

To make it short:
    It would be cool or an improvement, especially for GA, if they add a sniping mode for Boba. Nothing really special, just add the possibility to kneel with Boba (on PS4 if you press circle a bit longer) and while he is doing this, he is able to zoom like a normal Assault Trooper. In this Time, he is unable to use his jetpack directly, he first has to stand up.

Thoughts?

A simple and effective solution. I like this idea.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • Yeah, good point - an assassin that can't snipe? Boba should be able to hit you from the next planet out. I like this post - needs more ideas behind it (Boba Fett fans)
  • How about instead a Boba Fett Ewok Hunt mode?
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    Yeah, good point - an assassin that can't snipe? Boba should be able to hit you from the next planet out. I like this post - needs more ideas behind it (Boba Fett fans)

Yeah!
    I had this idea yesterday evening on Naboo. I got him really quick on the first phase and I flew from roof to roof, always next to the spawn points of the ion disruptors.
    I made a few kills and stopped the Republic from playing the objective, but it was really difficult because (as you know) he has no scope.

Also I tried out this highground roof stuff on many other maps, and it’s fun!
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    acvflnyq3xsr.jpeg

To make it short:

Thoughts?
    @F8RGE

i would remove simply just replace the EE3 stats with the Blurrg, i dont know why but the EE3 is kinda trash and doesnt damage as it should.
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    acvflnyq3xsr.jpeg

To make it short:

Thoughts?
    @F8RGE

i would remove simply just replace the EE3 stats with the Blurrg, i dont know why but the EE3 is kinda trash and doesnt damage as it should.
    With a280cfe, please

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    SVEJ wrote: »
    acvflnyq3xsr.jpeg

To make it short:

Thoughts?
    @F8RGE

With a280cfe, please

now thats just TOOOOOOO deadly, but i mean the heroes are better than the villains and Bossk has been nerfed hardcore since 2015. i would like to see that, it would be sick. actually.
  • I like this
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'll be honest I'd rather not start seeing coward sniper Fetts sitting on the top of the map like we did in 2015.

We have enough coward sniper Bossks, Leias, Idens and Hans as is making their own teams lose.

We'll see if HoK is enough to make Boba viable. I think his Jetpack also needs to be immune to all the spam in GA, with only other hero abilities being able to knock him out of the sky.

He can't play aggressively when nearly everything that hits him in the air is effectively a one hit kill.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I'll be honest I'd rather not start seeing coward sniper Fetts sitting on the top of the map like we did in 2015.

We have enough coward sniper Bossks, Leias, Idens and Hans as is making their own teams lose.

We'll see if HoK is enough to make Boba viable. I think his Jetpack also needs to be immune to all the spam in GA, with only other hero abilities being able to knock him out of the sky.

He can't play aggressively when nearly everything that hits him in the air is effectively a one hit kill.

Coward Fett sniper in bf1 got like 1 kill per 10 minuts. There is no reason in abandoning the best and most balanced hero design to negate almost non existing problem. Besides, are Boba players who just spam rocket barrage, fly back for cd to refresh and repeat better?

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'll be honest I'd rather not start seeing coward sniper Fetts sitting on the top of the map like we did in 2015.

Coward Fett sniper in bf1 got like 1 kill per 10 minuts. There is no reason in abandoning the best and most balanced hero design to negate almost non existing problem. Besides, are Boba players who just spam rocket barrage, fly back for cd to refresh and repeat better?

That's the problem, wasting a hero like that is what loses close games against decent opposition.

Bomber Boba's get Wookiee'd out of the air and die quickly to be replaced by someone useful (hopefully)

Fett sitting on top of the Sullust hangar or Jakku ship literally never died and wasted your team's most powerful asset.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • If be ok with it for GA, but absolutely not for HvV. Most players already camp as high as they can in between rocket barrage cooldowns, no need to give them another camping tool. Oh but way, DICE won't balance heroes separately.
  • I'll be honest I'd rather not start seeing coward sniper Fetts sitting on the top of the map like we did in 2015.

That's the problem, wasting a hero like that is what loses close games against decent opposition.

Bomber Boba's get Wookiee'd out of the air and die quickly to be replaced by someone useful (hopefully)

Fett sitting on top of the Sullust hangar or Jakku ship literally never died and wasted your team's most powerful asset.
    Argh! Bring back my old Boba!!!1ubgdou1fy6b.gif

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg