criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Clone Wars season is a fiasco

Replies

• bfloo wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    This thread gets a dev response but nothing for the SA thread. Says a lot by saying something here but nothing on the other thread.
    I’m not trying to derail your thread @Alex64 and I’m glad you got a response. Must’ve struck a nerve. It’s not just the clone wars season not a season that’s the only fiasco in this game but well played just the same.

This thread is a demonstration of what the game is right now, it's a mess, a fiasco, they just don't know what to do, deliver content or fix the game, it's a disaster.

Incorrect we have a roadmap, community calendar and lots of content coming and if you don’t like it move along

Lots of content...

hgnqrfo74jf6.png

I meant overall it’s lots content but separated like this no.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    This thread gets a dev response but nothing for the SA thread. Says a lot by saying something here but nothing on the other thread.
    I’m not trying to derail your thread @Alex64 and I’m glad you got a response. Must’ve struck a nerve. It’s not just the clone wars season not a season that’s the only fiasco in this game but well played just the same.

This thread is a demonstration of what the game is right now, it's a mess, a fiasco, they just don't know what to do, deliver content or fix the game, it's a disaster.

Incorrect we have a roadmap, community calendar and lots of content coming and if you don’t like it move along

At first we have a promise of a Live Service but the deal has changed 'cause now we got a dead service and a "Roadmap" that sounds like a promise again, how can you be sure that we are going to receive all the content detailed in the road map and the most important thing "Free of bugs"?
    let's face it, it's a fiasco.

Can you not be a internet troll because the bugs we do have in the game are barely noticeable unless you spend your whole life looking for them however other three are really able to be spot out, challenges bug, sound bug and Vader bug.
    bfloo wrote: »

Lots of content...

hgnqrfo74jf6.png

4 skins for clones is a lot of content now

Getting is future tense not past which is laughable how you do not understand that. Lol internet trolls are so funny.
  • bfloo
    15918 posts Member

At first we have a promise of a Live Service but the deal has changed 'cause now we got a dead service and a "Roadmap" that sounds like a promise again, how can you be sure that we are going to receive all the content detailed in the road map and the most important thing "Free of bugs"?

Can you not be a internet troll because the bugs we do have in the game are barely noticeable unless you spend your whole life looking for them however other three are really able to be spot out, challenges bug, sound bug and Vader bug.

Lets see, constant rubber banding (at least on x1), an bp exploit class in the officer, Vader constantly getting stuck in the choke animation, hero abilities that work by appointment, plenty of map exploits....
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    15918 posts Member

Lots of content...

hgnqrfo74jf6.png

4 skins for clones is a lot of content now

My definition of a lot must be different

h846398gb27k.png

Are you going to deny palpatine broken, EOR MM, Lag, and many other problems?
    Are you going to deny that we haven't received real content until now?
    You are living another reality my friend.

Man you guys like to complain about everything just move along already

I invite you to debate with facts, don't use weak arguments and stop acting like a troll.

1. Community wanted roadmap deliver
    2. Community wanted squad system came
    3. Community wanted clone skins done
    4. Community wanted conquest soon to arrived
    qh8lkmtabiwc.png

Also there resting rotating droids and duel blaster pistols.

Facts you just like to complain to complain.

I invite you to debate with facts, don't use weak arguments and stop acting like a troll.

qh8lkmtabiwc.png

All i can see are promises, like that "Live Service" promise
    If you are going to fill me with the "tons" of things listed in the roadmap, i can also show you the tons of things they promised before the release.

You mean the new squad system that came and clone skins that were also deliver with them and the soon to arrive grevious then you must be one blind girl. Listen young lady I don’t know what world your living in but these are the facts.
  • bfloo
    15918 posts Member

qh8lkmtabiwc.png

All i can see are promises, like that "Live Service" promise
    If you are going to fill me with the "tons" of things listed in the roadmap, i can also show you the tons of things they promised before the release.

You mean the new squad system that came and clone skins that were also deliver with them and the soon to arrive grevious then you must be one blind girl. Listen young lady I don’t know what world your living in but these are the facts.

The cloan skins were datamined at launch, as was grievs.

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    I’ve been watching this thread closely and I’ve lost all understanding of it.

“What are we mad at today”!? :neutral:

Now everybody Hug it out! :blush: <3

Everything is about the poor content we've received until now and about the broken promises too.

Ahh I see now.

What would you personally like to see added to the game from January 2019 - December 2019 years end?

A proper "Season"( i don't know how to name it) about PT content, something to make me feel hyped to see more from a next "Season"( RO content maybe)

I think that after CW, it would be wise of them to double down on opening more maps for Extraction, Adding a large game mode for Troopers only, NO Reinforcements. Fixing HVV target system/Or Adding an alternative HVV Legion/Blast Mode & adding weapon mods to default blasters & more weapons as well.

Then along the way while they make new content for Bulk releases, they have 8-10 devs work solely on small DLC releases of Skins & Maps for varying modes while we wait for bigger releases. Divide & Conquer etc.

Thoughts?
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• The classic blame game! Best game ever invented, got some pro players in this forum!

Welcome to the forums. It only gets better. Better than what, I have no idea but welcome anyways.

Both @Alex64 and @meshugene89 love SW, just some differences about what they love about it. Both are good forum members though. I've been informed and entertained on these forums so I hope your experiences are similar.
    #StarWars-y
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member

Everything is about the poor content we've received until now and about the broken promises too.

Ahh I see now.

What would you personally like to see added to the game from January 2019 - December 2019 years end?

A proper "Season"( i don't know how to name it) about PT content, something to make me feel hyped to see more from a next "Season"( RO content maybe)

I think that after CW, it would be wise of them to double down on opening more maps for Extraction, Adding a large game mode for Troopers only, NO Reinforcements. Fixing HVV target system/Or Adding an alternative HVV Legion/Blast Mode & adding weapon mods to default blasters & more weapons as well.

Then along the way while they make new content for Bulk releases, they have 8-10 devs work solely on small DLC releases of Skins & Maps for varying modes while we wait for bigger releases. Divide & Conquer etc.

Thoughts?

The problem here, it's that's hard to believe in someone who has broken a promise, It's ok if you see everything positive, i also can see a lot of pretty things listed on the roadmap, but the negative thing ('cause now i have trust issues) is that we just don't really know if we are going to see this.

Like I wrote, I think it would be in the devs best interest to do what I suggested. Or something along those lines. For both them & us.

It was just my thoughts. Nothing about faith or lack thereof.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The classic blame game! Best game ever invented, got some pro players in this forum!

Welcome to the forums. It only gets better. Better than what, I have no idea but welcome anyways.

Both @Alex64 and @meshugene89 love SW, just some differences about what they love about it. Both are good forum members though. I've been informed and entertained on these forums so I hope your experiences are similar.

Exactly. +1

The moment we all forget why we’re here (We’re Star War Fans/Family), is a sad moment indeed.

It’s not like we’re random non fans that play this game religiously. For the most part we’re die hard Star Wars fans with a big commitment to the Franchise we grew up with. All of us are. We wouldn’t be here if we weren’t.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Ahh I see now.

Thoughts?

The problem here, it's that's hard to believe in someone who has broken a promise, It's ok if you see everything positive, i also can see a lot of pretty things listed on the roadmap, but the negative thing ('cause now i have trust issues) is that we just don't really know if we are going to see this.

They didn't break any promises, they simply screwed up. If they hadn't made that terrible progression system then they wouldn't have had the negative backlash and public perception that resulted in them spending time changing it rather than developing new content whilst simultaneously losing the faith of their EA bosses resulting in BFII devs being taken away to work on BFV leaving BFII with a skeleton crew the past few months who were unable to crank out new content on a regular basis. And even if none of that happened, we'd still have probably ended up waiting months between content drops because this is a AAA game that takes longer to develop to new content, especially when "live service" for this game really meant, "we're developing this game on the fly".
    Also, if you have "trust issues" because a video game didn't deliver the kind of live-service you wanted, I believe you need to rethink your priorities in life.
    The classic blame game! Best game ever invented, got some pro players in this forum!

At least I don't blame an era of SW I don't like for why this game is "failing" and "being ruined".
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Let’s try this. Instead of individual “he said she said”, let’s get down to brass tax and talk about what’s 100% needed for enjoyment for the players (Wishful/Ideal) vs what can be added for enjoyment for the players (Realistic).

It’s a heck of a lot easier doing so because at least there’s no bad blood between anyone, and I’m almost 100% certain we’d agree on wanting MORE content as a whole as well as QOL improvements & bug fixes.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• This game is dead and the mindless comments now on the forum beggar belief.

I played every day until recently and now its just a disaster so i don't play anymore.

It is such a shame but the best thing you can do to show EA how they've destroyed this from day one is to never log in. By Feb the player numbers will be so low they will axe all future content. I guarantee it.

plus i highly doubt the large scale mode will ever get in. every release is a disaster.
  • t3hBar0n
    5001 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I thought they threw in the towel with the whole "season" thing after Solo.

Reminds me of the California educational system... too many kids were failing Algebra and not graduating public highschool... so they removed the requirement for Algebra! This is the EA strategy.
    things need to change, things need to improve.

EA doesn't fix things, they move on. They did exactly the same with ME:A which had the same troubled launch. Both games went on life support immediately after the sales and critics didn't live up to their expectations.

We are all welcome to buy Battlefront III next year just in time for Episode IX.

• t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I thought they threw in the towel with the whole "season" thing after Solo.

Reminds me of the California educational system... too many kids were failing Algebra and not graduating public highschool... so they removed the requirement for Algebra! This is the EA strategy.

I was shocked when I moved to AZ and CA and learned a 60 was passing lol
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DarthJ
    6754 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    The way I see it if you spent your money on a game you have the right to complain about any thing that was promised or made to appear like ie written in way to seem one way or another that was false.

If your money was pulled by the higher ups but you said free dlc seasons so what deliver on what you said! Take a pay cut and give seasons.

I paid for seasons 4 seasons when I bought the special edition all I got was 2 half effort dlc one was made before the game was out and the other was 7 months later.

And the content released now is half effort. Turning things on and off is not a update lights on lights out been doing that since candles. Double xp woopiedoo! How about double credits?

Still waiting on that large game mode for offline that was promised 4 months before launch. The only reason I pre-ordered.

So seeing how I spent my money like everyone here I will complain. And @StarWars0525 dont say it's coming cause it was to be hear Nov. Last year.

Gosh darn it.

he will probably just come back and say 'we have lots of content coming though'

he is also probably one of those people who think that Grievous releasing and Geonosis will bring back hundreds of thousands to players to Battlefront 2! Despite tons of huge games being released with actual DLC plans.

Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15918 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    The way I see it if you spent your money on a game you have the right to complain about any thing that was promised or made to appear like ie written in way to seem one way or another that was false.

If your money was pulled by the higher ups but you said free dlc seasons so what deliver on what you said! Take a pay cut and give seasons.

I paid for seasons 4 seasons when I bought the special edition all I got was 2 half effort dlc one was made before the game was out and the other was 7 months later.

And the content released now is half effort. Turning things on and off is not a update lights on lights out been doing that since candles. Double xp woopiedoo! How about double credits?

Still waiting on that large game mode for offline that was promised 4 months before launch. The only reason I pre-ordered.

So seeing how I spent my money like everyone here I will complain. And @StarWars0525 dont say it's coming cause it was to be hear Nov. Last year.

Gosh darn it.

he will probably just come back and say 'we have lots of content coming though'

he is also probably one of those people who think that Grievous releasing and Geonosis will bring back hundreds of thousands to players to Battlefront 2! Despite tons of huge games being released with actual DLC plans.

I would like some of what they are smoking please.

Drink the kool-EAde...

h846398gb27k.png

• l1j3gr3f3n1j.png
    Can’t qait for conquest and all the content we are getting.

Deliver content then fix the game that they broke delivering the content!

We are stuck in a negative loop unfortunately :(
  • bfloo
    15918 posts Member
    Mouthrax wrote: »

They should fix it, then add stuff, not tack stuff on compounding existing issues.

h846398gb27k.png

Devs failed to create and deliver content for this season, all we got right now are a few not properly designed skins that was in the game at launch but delivered until this current season.

If we look to the future, we only got a promise of four new heroes and a new mode, and no one know how long it take to see this things on game, maybe more than we thought.

This whole thing has become a pantomime a parody of a Star wars game, a sawdust ring full of lag, broken things and lack of content.

If you can't deliver this season properly, why should i expect you can deliver a new one?

I'm sad to see this game fail 'cause i always wanted to see a good Battlefront game on the current generation.

Some players... like me would argue that the CW stuff is a waste of dev time. R1 content would be much more welcome. Still thanks to your CW season the rest of us have nothing new to log in for until march next year. Still all you people can do is cry about how you wanted something different. Also we know when most of the stuff you listed will drop. Check the roadmap.
  • CeymalRen
    1142 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Zirius wrote: »
    @F8RGE there is LOTS of content that can be added for the clone wars, not just 4 heroes and geonosis... Omg plenty of planets and characters.

Oh God please no. Its bad enough a silly robot will be in every GA game next month. After that its Ewan McGregor. No mention of an Old Ben skin. After that it's the Emo kid and after that it's ch Christopher Lee... ok that last one sounds kind of awesome but still. That's more than enough. It's not CW Battlefront. It's SW Battlefront.

Ahh I see now.

Thoughts?

They didn't break any promises, they simply screwed up. If they hadn't made that terrible progression system then they wouldn't have had the negative backlash and public perception that resulted in them spending time changing it rather than developing new content whilst simultaneously losing the faith of their EA bosses resulting in BFII devs being taken away to work on BFV leaving BFII with a skeleton crew the past few months who were unable to crank out new content on a regular basis. And even if none of that happened, we'd still have probably ended up waiting months between content drops because this is a AAA game that takes longer to develop to new content, especially when "live service" for this game really meant, "we're developing this game on the fly".
    Also, if you have "trust issues" because a video game didn't deliver the kind of live-service you wanted, I believe you need to rethink your priorities in life.

At least I don't blame an era of SW I don't like for why this game is "failing" and "being ruined".

Oh, the EA conspirancy again...
    ow7a3fyrfbk7.jpg
    At least i don't blame EA, they are a company and they got their business it's easy to understand it.

There is no conspiracy theory about EA, it's an objective fact based in reality.
    There's a reason they've been voted the worst games publisher in the industry for several years running and also consistently ranked in the top 5 most hated companies in America. It's because of several things like their tendency to purchase smaller development studios only to shut them down almost immediately, forcing studios to adhere to strict timeframes resulting in half-finished or rushed games, purposefully withholding finished content to release at a later date for more profit, rampant and often predatory MTXs in their F2P and full-price games, abandoning support for games that are toxic for them from a PR and/or financial perspective, terrible customer service, and just generally turning a blind eye to the palpable desires of their customers.
    Each one of these points I have just listed are well-documented as is the fact that numerous developers from the BFII team, including many senior level devs like the level, character, and weapon designers, were shifted to the BFV team at the expense of BFII, hence why there has been no new content since the Han Solo update. What little devs were left have spent nearly all that time working on the CW content we're going to start receiving, but they couldn't possibly have done it any faster.
    BFII is limping along right now due in no small part to the actions of EA that forced DICE to include a MTX system in this game which ultimately doomed it, as well as forcing a tight development time on them to have the game ready for the release of TLJ. EA also decided to remove devs from BFII and put them on BFV because they only care about making money off that game and not about fixing this game because they don't care about the fans who want to play it.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • CeymalRen
    1142 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    Devs failed to create and deliver content for this season, all we got right now are a few not properly designed skins that was in the game at launch but delivered until this current season.

If we look to the future, we only got a promise of four new heroes and a new mode, and no one know how long it take to see this things on game, maybe more than we thought.

This whole thing has become a pantomime a parody of a Star wars game, a sawdust ring full of lag, broken things and lack of content.

If you can't deliver this season properly, why should i expect you can deliver a new one?

I'm sad to see this game fail 'cause i always wanted to see a good Battlefront game on the current generation.

Some players... like me would argue that the CW stuff is a waste of dev time. R1 content would be much more welcome. Still thanks to your CW season the rest of us have nothing new to log in for until march next year. Still all you people can do is cry about how you wanted something different. Also we know when most of the stuff you listed will drop. Check the roadmap.

It isn't that pt content is a waste of time, it is the 7-8 months straight of pt content that has lost us.

A lot of us only care about the new mode, but the wait til Febrauary risks us moving on and not bothering to come back.

Well said. I can agree with that.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

We did not want content to be drip dropped over 6 months. We wanted 2 or 3 large maps heroes that was promised before release. One large map one small map a sa map some data mined skins.

But unlike you I still want RO dlc and every dlc we the fans wanted. Oh and weapons. And we should of had clone wars dlc by now and Nov 2 or third we should be on RO dlc. We should of had a road map hyping a Droids cartoon from the 80s coming down the line in late June 2019. We should be arguing if IG-88 needs a Nerf for his "I see everything" or does the U-wing RO need a buff to its shields because had it for 2 months now.

That's where I thought this game would be at by now. But it is not. So in a way I think your upset like some of us. Not about clone wars but what we should of had in the start.

If they was wise I would of made each season dlc based off a movie or TV show every 3 months that's what 3 1/2 years of content. Each would have 3 maps 4 weapons 2 heroes 2 ships. Every Christmas have 4 new heroes for a holiday special. And guess what I hate hero modes but I still support it because it's not about what I want it's about what we need.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »

Yeah, the most content-rich era for a game all about sci-fi warfare that is pretty much the main part of that era and also happens to be the least represented era in the game in terms of planets and heroes isn't worth their time. Sure thing, pal.
    tenor.gif
    My Concepts
  • Mouthrax wrote: »

The bugs are barely noticeable expect for a few so I don’t really mind it that much and I’m gald that we are getting content even though it’s drip feed.
  • bfloo
    15918 posts Member

The bugs are barely noticeable expect for a few so I don’t really mind it that much and I’m gald that we are getting content even though it’s drip feed.

you're having a better experience than I am.

x1 was broken, they released a fix, I got to play for 2 days, then they broke it again with EoR.

The lag and rubberbanding make it unplayable, and it is only this game.

h846398gb27k.png

x1 was broken, they released a fix, I got to play for 2 days, then they broke it again with EoR.

Oh you see the only bugs that I experienced are sound bugs and milestones bugs just that nothing that affects gameplay at all.

Yeah, that's what made me stop as well.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Disagree with op
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Disagree with op

We all do but her