criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Sound bug...

crssquared
234 posts Member
edited October 2018
How the is this still a problem? I've gone thru countless threads on various sites looking for a solution.
{MOD Edit: Vulgar Language}
Post edited by F03hammer on

Replies

• Can you be more specific?
    PSN: FriedPizza773

It's a PC only bug where you randomly lose all in game sound and the only fix is to restart the game.
    It only happens in GA and it can happen 3-4 times a day, but at least once a day.
    It's super annoying especially when you finally find a good team, then lose sound and have to restart.
    It's been present since launch....

Wow :grimace:! Sounds like a very serious bug. And it's been there since launch? To think it's hard to imagine what is going on back at Dice's office, especially since much more bugs have appeared since the latest update.

About how many PC players are affected by this?
  • About how many PC players are affected by this?

If the departure rumors are to be believed...all three of them.

I jest. That would seriously irk me but, being on XB1 has its own precious gems.
  • Every single PC player is affected by this. The issue has been here since launch, its a joke it isn't already fixed. Its game breaking level.
  • FriedPizza773
    1163 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Every single PC player is affected by this. The issue has been here since launch, its a joke it isn't already fixed. Its game breaking level.

Indeed! For a triple-A game, things are getting more buggy faster than getting them fixed. It's been a while since we have gotten any hotfixes. Though we are finally getting a patch in the next 2 days (August 7) that supposedly fixes a lot of bugs, but can't say what exactly will happen. It's only a matter of time if Dice does not get it together.
    Post edited by FriedPizza773 on
  • Every single PC player is affected by this. The issue has been here since launch, its a joke it isn't already fixed. Its game breaking level.

Indeed! For a triple-A game, things are getting more buggy faster than getting them fixed. It's been a while since we have gotten any hotfixes. Though we are finally getting a patch that supposedly fixes a lot of bugs, but can't say what exactly will happen. It's only a matter of time if Dice does not get it together.

The 5 developers working on the game is not a myth. But it was the same with BF2015...
  • massika
    230 posts Member
    There are threads about this since months and months and months, nothing, they dont care, end of discussion
  • fancyladypants
    254 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    This is a pinned topic in the bug report section herehttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sound-cutting-out/m-p/6864280#M16679 26 pages and climbing

They were too busy to fix the bug as they were accepting an award for Sound Design from the Develop Awards, maybe later after it's been a full year Maybe

Ben said on his twitter feed when asked when it would be fixed that, "it's currently going through QA" on July 12th. By August 6th there is still no further word.
    Post edited by fancyladypants on
  • relleuM
    178 posts Member
    It definitely is a huge game breaking bug. Haven’t seen it mentioned in any update/patch notes either as being on their radar for a fix. Even though I see threads come up every now and then reporting the issue. It happened 2 times yesterday to me and I’m also a PC player.

For me it usually happens after playing several maps in GA. Can happen right away though in first match but rare. Almost every other match you see someone comment that they lost sound. Probably happens at least a couple times a week to me, only fix is to restart the entire game.

I would put this really high up on the priority list for needing a fix since you have to leave the game to correct. As OP noted it does suck when it happens and you are doing good with a team or playing your favorite map.

It's a PC only bug where you randomly lose all in game sound and the only fix is to restart the game.
    It only happens in GA and it can happen 3-4 times a day, but at least once a day.
    It's super annoying especially when you finally find a good team, then lose sound and have to restart.

Not only PC but PS4 too.
  • This is a pinned topic in the bug report section here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sound-cutting-out/m-p/6862960#M16629 26 pages and climbing

They were too busy to fix the bug as they were accepting an award for Sound Design from the Develop Awards, maybe later after it's been a full year Maybe

Ben said on his twitter feed when asked when it would be fixed that, "it's currently going through QA" on July 12th. By August 6th there is still no further word.

The link you posted seems to be broken for some reason. Fortunately, I easily found the topic you were referring to since it was pinned like you said. Here's the link that should work: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sound-cutting-out/td-p/6441157

I still find it insane that this bug continues to persist for such a long time. Even though this has never affected me, it still makes me feel really worrisome about the future of BF2. :cold_sweat:
  • domi5675 wrote: »
    Can you be more specific?

Not only PC but PS4 too.

I assume that you are a PS4 player and this happened to you too? If so, it sounds intriguing because it appears most players who are affected by this are PC players. It's probably rare for this sound-killing bug to make it happen for console players as well. I'm also a PS4 player, and so far this has not happened to me, but despite that I'm still very concerned about this serious problem that's affecting others.
  • domi5675
    36 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes I'm a PS4 guy most often it's Kashyk or Takodana in multiplayer. Arcade mode is while playing light side scenario although rare in single player

Indeed! For a triple-A game, things are getting more buggy faster than getting them fixed. It's been a while since we have gotten any hotfixes. Though we are finally getting a patch that supposedly fixes a lot of bugs, but can't say what exactly will happen. It's only a matter of time if Dice does not get it together.

The 5 developers working on the game is not a myth. But it was the same with BF2015...

So I heard, and that may explain why many bugs are taking such a long time to be fixed. If I remember correctly for what I was told, plenty of devs are at the moment on vacation or taking time off, but I do not know the exact full details behind this. I understand that people need to take some serious breaks from their job, and for good reasons, but In my opinion when so many serious bugs is happening right now, this is something I would consider a crisis situation and Dice should declare an emergency, or else they are risking of losing many active players. There will always be time for their vacation when they deserve, but it appears this is probably the worst time to do just that. Then again though, I do not know exactly what's going on at Dice's office, if I am missing something important.

I assumed something similar like this also happened to BF2015 in the past as well?
  • My original link was bugged lol. Fits right in with the topic at hand. Link fixed in my original post now, thanks for the head's up. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sound-cutting-out/td-p/6441157
  • and still...
  • IIPrest0nII
    4300 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Hi all,

Just an update: DICE is aware and working hard on this issue. That's all what I know :)
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • Trooperdopper
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes yes .......

"COF COF"

is already seen as working hard, the bug has only been there since the launch of the game ...........
  • and yet again...another patch but, we still have this day 1 bug...
  • still happening... nothing but lies from this lot.
  • This game was a disaster, next time I'll just choose the movies, because the game is just disgust. Sound is still not working
  • This bug has existed since Alpha. It was reported many times then. It was in Beta too. There were many reports. It has yet to be fixed. Would it have been fixed by now had the game not needed a revamp after EA hosed it with their greed? Maybe, maybe not. But to have been let out of Beta with it, that should not have happened.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.
  • This bug has been present since before the first line of SWBF2 code was ever written. We've been told that it was being looked at in many other games as well; the frequency of the sound bug has sometimes changed, but it's never been completely eliminated AFAIK.
  • On PS4 we have a different bug, the wrong sounds are used from time to time, spawn in as the droids on kamino and you hear the clones outlining the mission, lose on kashyyyk you hear the winning team soundbites

Not as bad as the PC one but so daft given what it is

Wow :grimace:! Sounds like a very serious bug. And it's been there since launch? To think it's hard to imagine what is going on back at Dice's office, especially since much more bugs have appeared since the latest update.

About how many PC players are affected by this?

Its happened to me plenty of times lol xD
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • FriedPizza773
    1163 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Guys, I have great news for PC players. It has now officially been confirmed that the audio bug was seem to be finally fixed, and we are speaking about this since this incredibly annoying bug was almost 1-year-old just like BF2 itself. Let's cross our fingers that the next patch will solve this crazy sound-killer bug once and for all.

Here's the video from our favorite Elliot of BattlefrontUpdates with his latest news regarding this fix (timestamps is from 7:06 to 7:35)
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    now they just have to fix the EOR MM kicking everyone out of the lobby!
  • SVEJ wrote: »
    now they just have to fix the EOR MM kicking everyone out of the lobby!

yes this... is as annoying as the sound bug lol