criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Guess I'll Just Lose.

I hate Theed, whenever it comes up I usually just back out because I don't want to play it, however, the times I do play I don't expect to be cheated like this.

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
First Max Prestige Iden Versio
hojevrxvarht.png
PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

Replies

• I really dont even know what to say about that one.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I had a match where I started hacking the doors (on Naboo too) during Overtime, but the game showed the defeat screen anyways. Not as blatantly broken as your case, but it annoyed me, as well.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I hate Theed, whenever it comes up I usually just back out because I don't want to play it, however, the times I do play I don't expect to be cheated like this.

The lag between showing an objective as completed is to blame for this, and it’s ridiculous, but it’s never been this blatant for me before. I’d say your chances here were small with this happening, but you somehow got it.

On another happier point for us all regarding Theed, you now only need to capture one room to get to the end, so that’ll be much nicer and more forgiving - and hopefully you’ll never end up in a position like that again.
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    your first mistake was not leaving the lobby as soon as that trashpile of a map came up in MM/Rotation

If is any consolation, at 50 tickets you wouldn't have taken Phase 3 without a decent Palps, anyway....

Given you had to stand around doing override with a hero, I doubt you had a single decent teammate at all.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• KresusFIN wrote: »
    Now that is a gigantic slap in the face.

....Also, were the normal troops just busy having afternoon tea or something? Letting a hero cap the objective when said hero is much better served holding back an onslaught of enemy cannon fodder? Eww....

Seriously, Mexican Standoff Syndrome is getting worse and worse in this game. I'm finding fewer players going for the objective than ever, just standing back (in the case of this example, usually at the palace doorways) just shooting at any enemies who appear without making any push forward. 90% of the time on this phase of Theed, I put my assault droid on Vanguard and run in to set the door override going, almost never finding anyone guarding it at all. My wife is sick of me yelling at the TV because no teammates are helping me. It's the same with the Junkyard on Mos Eisley when I'm a rebel - it stays contested until I die, then as soon as I die, I see it being captured as I try to run back the 4 miles between the spawn point and the area I have to defend (and of course, it takes less time to capture it than it does to run that distance - a pathetic game feature that prevents objective-minded players from having any chance after they have been killed once.)
  • They cheated us
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    I've taken losses like that too.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• your first mistake was not leaving the lobby as soon as that trashpile of a map came up in MM/Rotation

If is any consolation, at 50 tickets you wouldn't have taken Phase 3 without a decent Palps, anyway....

Given you had to stand around doing override with a hero, I doubt you had a single decent teammate at all.

I was a decent teammate sad face. We was bout to make a comeback we pushed super hard & started that phase with 60 tickets I believe

....Also, were the normal troops just busy having afternoon tea or something? Letting a hero cap the objective when said hero is much better served holding back an onslaught of enemy cannon fodder? Eww....

They weren't trying & when they did we got slammed with explosives

They weren't the best teammates in the world but the main reason they weren't on it was because the other team was just spamming thermal imploders.
    your first mistake was not leaving the lobby as soon as that trashpile of a map came up in MM/Rotation

Yeah but they have the wonderful idea that restricting content is a good way to celebrate, it was a long night, we were thrown into empty servers and had much worse teammates than this. @Thechosen1_anakin and Han Spinel were with me, our teammates weren't the worse but they were getting Wookiee cheesed to death. Same thing happened next map which was Kashyyyk we ended up just exchanging wookiee cheese wins till we went to play HvV.
    hojevrxvarht.png

They weren't the best teammates in the world but the main reason they weren't on it was because the other team was just spamming thermal imploders.

We should play together sometime. I happen to know the perfect solution to Thermal Imploders. Sometimes, it seems like I'm the only person using it as well. AND there's even Recharges for your Iden to boot!

xubmro8q6osh.png
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
    Empire_TW wrote: »

We should play together sometime. I happen to know the perfect solution to Thermal Imploders. Sometimes, it seems like I'm the only person using it as well. AND there's even Recharges for your Iden to boot!

xubmro8q6osh.png

I'm Empire_TW on Playstation, add me and we can play.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Yup, ive had games where enemy team was in the capture spot or they placed charges in the objective and it didn't even go to overtime.
  • I made a different thread about Mexican stand offs. It seems to me that defenders are winning more and more, which in my opinion is a little boring. Games are finishing far too quickly, I'm not talking about steam rolls. I'm talking about both teams being able to end the match in phase 1 or 2 no matter who is defending. Give us more tickets or something. I want bigger longer games! Not always a popular opinion but that's my 10 pence worth
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    Nicky2face wrote: »
    I made a different thread about Mexican stand offs. It seems to me that defenders are winning more and more, which in my opinion is a little boring. Games are finishing far too quickly, I'm not talking about steam rolls. I'm talking about both teams being able to end the match in phase 1 or 2 no matter who is defending. Give us more tickets or something. I want bigger longer games! Not always a popular opinion but that's my 10 pence worth

That is because of the squad spawn. Players are spawning closer and it ends up favoring the defenders.

The main exception is it makes it easier to defend the walkers.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Nicky2face wrote: »
    I made a different thread about Mexican stand offs. It seems to me that defenders are winning more and more, which in my opinion is a little boring. Games are finishing far too quickly, I'm not talking about steam rolls. I'm talking about both teams being able to end the match in phase 1 or 2 no matter who is defending. Give us more tickets or something. I want bigger longer games! Not always a popular opinion but that's my 10 pence worth

Theed is a bad map, WW thermal cheese, squad system, and Yoda or Finn buffing just makes it worse.
    hojevrxvarht.png

Hahaha. All the more reason to skip it. I always do.

Theed is a bad map, WW thermal cheese, squad system, and Yoda or Finn buffing just makes it worse.

They should give Wookies the original deathtrooper 2 ft throw range.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

They really shouldn't have thermal imploders at all, i mean they get Atomic hand grenades while the death trooper gets a glorified flashbang, flame trooper gets a firecracker, and the B2 gets a bottle rocket on his arm.

It is the very opposite of balance, it's like if the Empire's blasters did more damage than the rebels.
    hojevrxvarht.png

xubmro8q6osh.png

Kresus you are a good player, I was playing in your squad on Kashyyk a few days ago and you know your tactics.

xubmro8q6osh.png

Kresus you are a good player, I was playing in your squad on Kashyyk a few days ago and you know your tactics.

:Blush:

I've triangled your name a few times <3

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

They really shouldn't have thermal imploders at all, i mean they get Atomic hand grenades while the death trooper gets a glorified flashbang, flame trooper gets a firecracker, and the B2 gets a bottle rocket on his arm.

It is the very opposite of balance, it's like if the Empire's blasters did more damage than the rebels.

I feel like some of the devs had a wookie fetish, that imploder is similar to Han's Air Burst charge, way too powerful comparatively.

I feel like some of the devs had a wookie fetish, that imploder is similar to Han's Air Burst charge, way too powerful comparatively.

Now add a Big Deal from Finn, and a Recharge Officer dedicated to keeping the group of Enforcers, and Finn recharged for constant barrages of mini nukes. Frightening stuff.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    edited November 2018

I hate Theed so I wasn't expecting anything good to come from this round anyway.

It has to be, WW have been negatively effecting this game for it's entirety and little ever gets done about it.

Removed reference to removed post. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    hojevrxvarht.png
    KresusFIN wrote: »

Yeah but they have the wonderful idea that restricting content is a good way to celebrate, it was a long night, we were thrown into empty servers and had much worse teammates than this. @Thechosen1_anakin and Han Spinel were with me, our teammates weren't the worse but they were getting Wookiee cheesed to death. Same thing happened next map which was Kashyyyk we ended up just exchanging wookiee cheese wins till we went to play HvV.

Is that the defuser card? If so, does it work on Thermal Imploders? I have it equipped to my officer too but I must be timing it badly.

• Jinda_Lo wrote: »

Is that the defuser card? If so, does it work on Thermal Imploders? I have it equipped to my officer too but I must be timing it badly.

It does. However, if the imploder hits the ground and you hear the explosion wind-up, it's usually too late. The imploder also has a larger base explosion radius than your Defuser at Purple (For some dumb reason) so you'd have to run toward it to actually defuse it, if you'd make it in time.

The only thing the Defuser DOESN'T work on atm seems to be Barrage from Heavies. While you will get the points from it, you won't make the bombs not kill anyone.

(And if the opposition has a Bossk, you'll make him suicidal :D )

y6qvidach2x9.png

Jinda_Lo wrote: »

It does. However, if the imploder hits the ground and you hear the explosion wind-up, it's usually too late. The imploder also has a larger base explosion radius than your Defuser at Purple (For some dumb reason) so you'd have to run toward it to actually defuse it, if you'd make it in time.

The only thing the Defuser DOESN'T work on atm seems to be Barrage from Heavies. While you will get the points from it, you won't make the bombs not kill anyone.

Thermal Imploders should just be removed,
    hojevrxvarht.png

After the matches we had, I am most certainly tempted to agree. Give wookies some.. Exploding woodstickshrapnel or whatever they cook up on Kashyyk.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• My contribution 45ebyc8rriie.jpeg
  • Except it’s theed
  • 2lhxch.jpg

This one works here I think.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Coyoteyou wrote: »
    Except it’s theed

Theed is a terrible map.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Coyoteyou wrote: »
    Except it’s theed

Theed is a terrible map.

Choke points galore
  • Naboo is a great map but the objectives make the GA on that map kinda boring.

I think it'd be fine as a lone hero's ability instead of 5 units spamming dozens of them down the same chokepoint.

Give the thing to Chewie instead of shock grenade, so he's less bad in GA and less faceroll EZ mode in HvV.

WW can get an AOE charge shot ability for his bow that gives him some range (like B2 rocket but ideally less bad)
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

I think it'd be fine as a lone hero's ability instead of 5 units spamming dozens of them down the same chokepoint.

Give the thing to Chewie instead of shock grenade, so he's less bad in GA and less faceroll EZ mode in HvV.

WW can get an AOE charge shot ability for his bow that gives him some range (like B2 rocket but ideally less bad)

Total removal of the WW would be even more ideal.
    hojevrxvarht.png

This would require a Christmas miracle. Dennis heart would need to grow 2x its normal size

61tgj36mc1n9.png

This would require a Christmas miracle. Dennis heart would need to grow 2x its normal size

2x0=0 though.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• GenxDarchi wrote: »

2x0=0 though.

"My empathy for the issues with this game has doubled since we last spoke, SWBF2 community."

"Two times zero is still zero."

y6qvidach2x9.png

• Naboo is a great map but the objectives make the GA on that map kinda boring.

It's a bad map, it being impossible to win against a competent defending team is only one of many issues with it.

Maybe it will happen, about 2 months away.
    hojevrxvarht.png

Now add a Big Deal from Finn, and a Recharge Officer dedicated to keeping the group of Enforcers, and Finn recharged for constant barrages of mini nukes. Frightening stuff.

That's practically cheating imo, very scary agreed.
  • Where the hell is overtime?
  • Where the **** is overtime?

The game just glitched, the game was in overtime and the phase ended and the game must have thought we lost or something.
    hojevrxvarht.png