criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Now that I had time to clear my head and beat other games. I have something to say

Move me to off topic if it gets too far off topic.
But I just finished Red Dead and noticed something. Rockstar really cares about their game. I know Red Dead has been in the works for 8 years but that's because they put so much work and effort into it. They delayed it and it was worth it
So much detail in that game and so much content. Like I still have sooooo much left to do.
I really wish EA and DICE put a fraction of care into STARWARS BATTLEFRONT 2 as R* puts into any of their games. I jumped back on for a few game and was really bored. Same problems, same bugs, exploits of the officers and horrible HvV teammates. There is something about this game that is lacking from the developers to be the greatest game. I'm sorry, but my enthusiasm definatly dropped. My hype for Grevous dropped and my overall joy for the game kinda went down. Its saddening that the only game I EVER used to play is not interesting to me anymore. The drip feed of content isnt enough to keep a player who has very limited time to play. Being Jailed and all, I checked up on this forum to see what the worst is and it's the SAME stuff. Same topics and same people giving feedback and EA and DICE wont do anything about these SAME problems for about another few months. I want this game, SWBF2, to be the best game. But I feel that EA doesn't want the same. Sorry for being so melodramatic. But it really sucks that this game sucks. But I love it

Replies

• I hope you understand that you're comparing absolutely different games. DICE fixes the bugs and issues with every game update. Yes, still not all bugs fixed, but they are trying to fix all as soon as they can.

Haven't fixed shooting while laying on your back or blocking on your back which has been out since june
  • I hope you understand that you're comparing absolutely different games. DICE fixes the bugs and issues with every game update. Yes, still not all bugs fixed, but they are trying to fix all as soon as they can.

I know they are different games. But the amount of love for the games.
  • To be fair, Disney are the ones that probably rushed EA/DICE to release both Battlefront games near TFA and TLJ respectively.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • To be fair, Disney are the ones that probably rushed EA/DICE to release both Battlefront games near TFA and TLJ respectively.

Whoa. That's true. Didnt think of that. Disney. Added to my list...

Whoa. That's true. Didnt think of that. Disney. Added to my list...

Yeah, you want a list of the worst gamer developers ever, it has to be the Disney team. They don't care whatsoever. They killed the brand that made Disney Infinity. Drove it into the dirt, poured gasoline on it, and little that thing on fire.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Sorry but I think you should almost never blame a Developer. DICE is a really great company, love Battlefield. Developers are the grunts and workhorses of the gaming industry. Every Developer has employees with a ton of great ideas, type-A personalities that strive for perfection, and project leads that never want to release a game unpolished or unfinished, and is willing to delay a game for as long as it takes until its in their vision ready to be released.

But games cost money, especially AAA projects. Final Fantasy XV is a good recent example of a project that got rushed and released unfinished/unpolished. There comes a point where a Publisher says “Nope” we gotta release our project. Delaying a project any further is costing us too much investment to develop. Cut out what features you dont need and release what’ve we’ve got and we can patch any glaring issues we find post-release.

Compounded by the issue that EA has a License for Star Wars from Disney, who undoubtedly signed a contract with the stipulation that this specific project had to be released before the release of the movie to garner the most hype and return on their investment.

Knowing this I had a pretty realistic expectation with what was being released and am pretty content with it. Its about right what I thought it would be. As well as the hoopla and media attention on the whole Loot-Box issue I knew what they had planned was never going to come to fruition. So part of it has to be blammed on those who made an uproar and mettling politicians.

I can’t even blame EA, the Publisher, on this one. Their hand was played. Anyone that expected a 9-or-10/10 product set ridiculously high expectations. Blame either the release of the movie or the license deal EA signed with Disney.

To compare Battlefront 2 to Red Dead Redemption 2 is like comparing Apples to Dirt. Sorry dude, just completely unrealistic expectation and just being naive of how the real world works. Even to compare Battlefront 2 to Battlefield V or Star Wars: KOTOR is liking comparing Apples to Oranges. Had nothing to do about compassion or care about the game. The people that made it cared just as much. Even the dripps of content is about right with what I had come to expect, especially after their stumbling start. Sales Expectations were set High and now the Publisher is content on just asking for a “Draw” on their investment.

Had Episode VIII not come out until the release of Episode IX we might be having a different conversation. But it is a very similar situation to Fifa or Madden, you have a certain deadline to release of product.

Sorry you’re so disappointed. Hope this response can help give you some insight.
  • Dont forget about the sound bug that has existed since beta. The comment by moderator defending the overall lackluster devs is pretty funny. Grevious came out and only 2/3 of his abilities even work.

How can you defend this unless you're being paid to?

(Cough cough palpatine gone for a month cough cough)

And that was a major bug!!