criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Focused Feedback: General Grievous

Prev13456789
F8RGE
955 posts EA Community Manager
With General Grievous releasing today I'm expecting a lot of threads and discussion to pop up with thoughts, feedback and ideas.

In an attempt to keep things orderly please use this thread for all your Grievous feedback. What do you like about him, what don't you like?

One thing to note. First impressions are great and you're welcome to share these, but please refrain from posting "buff Grievous" because you were defeated quickly. It's going to take time to get used to any new hero, and Grievous is no different.

Replies

• F8RGE wrote: »
    What do you like about him, what don't you like?

Why can he block blaster fire outside of Unrelenting Advance.

:)
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

He can in the show.

No, he can't.

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• Dash
    11676 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    First impressions are great and you're welcome to share these, but please refrain from posting "buff Grievous" because you were defeated quickly. It's going to take time to get used to any new hero, and Grievous is no different.

@F8RGE very happy that you put this and that you all understand this - as usually get worried when a new hero appears and those getting beat by him think he is OP. Good to see that you are all thinking ahead of the feedback, genuinely.

<3
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• KresusFIN wrote: »

He can in the show.

No he can't
  • Wow, you gave General grevious a full block, now why on Earth Don't maul and yoda? Incredibly unbalanced in HvV as you add more saber Heroes. Those two will eventually become obsolete once Anakin, Obi-wan, Dooku release. I can see it now.
    KresusFIN wrote: »

He can in the show.

No, he can't.

He actually can, and I'm not going to knock them for adding it in, it would've been incredibly unbalanced for HvV. A saber Hero that can't block sabers....

No he can't bro at all
  • Just going off this trailer He looks incredible, you did a perfect job!!!
  • Wow, you gave General grevious a full block, now why on Earth Don't maul and yoda? Theres virtually no excuse now. It's Incredibly unbalanced in HvV, especially as you add more saber Heroes. Those two will eventually become obsolete once Anakin, Obi-wan, Dooku release. I can see it now.

He can in the show.

No, he can't.

He actually can, and I'm not going to knock them for adding it in, it would've been incredibly unbalanced for HvV had he not. A saber Hero that can't block sabers.... broken.

Sabers are fine. Blasterfire is not.

y6qvidach2x9.png

• I've just had a play with him in Arcade. Get his star cards to purple and Grievous has over 1,100 health points :o
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • When does he come to Xbox?
  • Dash wrote: »
    I like that his initials are GG. Because that’s all I’ll be saying all day today in chat after using him. :sunglasses::naughty:
    ysycwy0e0o77.gif
    mohfev3c1crv.gif

As always thanks for the communication Ben.

Have fun everyone!!! :blush:

great!

looking forward to developments.... squqd system is good..... 20 minutes more for finishing downloadi!
  • Wow, you gave General grevious a full block, now why on Earth Don't maul and yoda? Theres virtually no excuse now. It's Incredibly unbalanced in HvV, especially as you add more saber Heroes. Those two will eventually become obsolete once Anakin, Obi-wan, Dooku release. I can see it now.

He can in the show.

No, he can't.

He actually can, and I'm not going to knock them for adding it in, it would've been incredibly unbalanced for HvV had he not. A saber Hero that can't block sabers.... broken.

Maul is fine. If maul wasn't abused by runners already can you imagine he with a block? God that would stink.
  • His moves are the only problem i see right now, everything else is great. His surge move is a tad slow and doesnt land sometimes, also not enough base damage. Unrelenting advance needs lightsabers to spin faster maybe and do a tad more damage and the claw rush he needs to stand back up a tad faster. His stamina also runs out pretty much instantly.
  • He is great, but I feel that some of his abilities are quite weak. Like the claw rush could be improved, it doesn't deal a whole lot of damage. But he is mostly great, you've all done a great job 👍
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    With General Grievous releasing today I'm expecting a lot of threads and discussion to pop up with thoughts, feedback and ideas.

In an attempt to keep things orderly please use this thread for all your Grievous feedback. What do you like about him, what don't you like?

One thing to note. First impressions are great and you're welcome to share these, but please refrain from posting "buff Grievous" because you were defeated quickly. It's going to take time to get used to any new hero, and Grievous is no different.

Can we buff General Grievous? Just kidding. He looks amazing, but can Obi-Wan have a blaster ability, and whenever Grievous is killed by that ability, he blows up?
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • chaostheory7777
    42 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    On PS4 Noticed his thrust ability not doing damage or knocking down, blocking not catching all shots, also his claw rush seems to be interrupted by just about anything a hero does even non sabers. Does his thrust work like idens stun where if he's not close enough it doesn't trigger?

The cursor for hero selection in HVV doesn't highlight which character when scrolling making it difficult to see which hero you're on. Don't know about other modes yet.

Love the 5 emotes for him, difficult to choose only 2. Will we ever be able to change emotes on the fly like appearances? His model looks great, can he get flames coming out of him when he dies like in ep3?
    Looking forward to playing him more.

Edit- Now getting error 1066 and can't get into any games and when do it is empty and doesn't fill as of 8:35am EST
    Post edited by chaostheory7777 on
  • Couple of things in Arcade

1. Unrelenting advance doesn’t always block
    2. Claw rush doesn’t seem to knock bots over most of the time.
    3. Claw rush against heavies with shield does nothing at all!

This was pc team battle custom arcade on Kamino.

Thanks
    Join the Old Farts Clan on Facebook // Xbox - GT: Coronal Aurora
  • Couple of things in Arcade

Thanks

That’s how I tested him
  • zakdude100
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    All looks and feels stunning, great work Team. Only things i feel are missing:
    • I wanna be able to grab people with his feet and throw them. Either a grab on their face or their body. Like he did in Clone Wars season 5 and the micro series
    • It would be cool if you could climb walls with him and drop down on people from above. At the very least his "Claw Rush" should allow him to stick to walls as we see him do throughout the show

5242508-3787890019-J6r2v.gif

4228534-wrecks+secura+and+other+poor+dude.gif

8vXeE0.gif

5065434-speed+dodges+grievous%27+attack+1.gif

In terms of skins:
    • The more broad shouldered version of Grievous as seen in the first 5 seasons of the clone wars (he has different chest plate pieces/positioning and such)
    • Perhaps an earlier version heavily inspired by his appearance on Hypori that allows his torso to move independently of the rest of his body (not that new animations would be needed to show this. Just the skin itself with the slightly different feet and chest plates would suffice) Although, this version only had 2 Arms anyway.
    • Variations of the above and existing but with various Capes (he has a few different capes throughout the shows)

skqzthyvo2lf.png

CKffCE.gif

w0cnyvecykv1.png

Grievous_spin.gif

Other than that he's amazing
  • OMG, LOVED IT!!! Nice work guys!
    Couple of things in Arcade

Thanks
    I have noticed those things too. Also

1. Line up, Weaklings - Does not seems to work. Tested it several times and only the first enemy got hit. The others did not take any damage and even blocked my way ( not being knocked down)
  • Looks like there are force ghosts or something because thrust surge does nothing and is a death sentence
  • General Grievous need a buff, also i was playing with him on HvV and he gets stuck on his animations, in addition when you play someone other than him you can't see his spinning lightsabers. And people are leave so we get lots of empty lobbies
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Can you turn EOR MM off? Is ruining the game constantly, always put in an empty server after first match
  • Great update but there are some issues with grievous that need sorting out.
    1. Thrust surge occasionally does no damage
    2. Unrelenting advance does not always block blaster fire
    3. Unrelenting advance should do damage more often, as it very often doesn’t kill people meaning they end up behind him where he’s vulnerable
    4. Claw rush does not always knock enemies over
    5. Claw rushing into a wall sometimes does not cause the animation to finish, resulting in an easy kill for opponents
    6. A slight general stamina buff would be good, especially since the Sith Trained star card causes attacks to drain 40% more stamina
  • TiNie
    308 posts Member
    Wow, you gave General grevious a full block, now why on Earth Don't maul and yoda? Theres virtually no excuse now. It's Incredibly unbalanced in HvV, especially as you add more saber Heroes. Those two will eventually become obsolete once Anakin, Obi-wan, Dooku release. I can see it now.
    Hey, I think you can wait for this until the end of time. There are a lot of gamers I know who would like to see this, including me. But if Maul could block lightsabers/blaster fire he should get a nerf in some way. Yoda needs a lightsaber block, so that he is harder to kill in duells with Kylo, Maul or Vader. But this topic belongs to another thread.

To Grievous. I find his outlook and animations very authentic, just as all epic characters. After playing him for serveral time now, I made a lot of points but got killed a lot too. I hope he will not be that overpowered character that Lando, Han and Chewie are at the moment. Especially Lando's one stun kills and the lack of blocking Chewbacca's Bowcaster fire.
    In my opinion you could only give an evaluation in several days after playing with him.

I have to add some thing. As I suspected, there are some players who are begging for getting Grievous. To be honest, I want to level Grievous up and if I cannot play him, I switch the servers until I can play him. Maybe there should more ways to level Grievous up. Perhaps playing Arcade with him? If I would have been asked, I would have give him no limitations, i.e. let Grievous be at level 40 from the beginning. Another possible scenario could be, give Grievous 12 points. You could share this 12 points on every star card you want to and that up to epic level. With this you would have had 3 specific star cards on epic level. Maybe this could ease the situation a little bit. But that's only my impressions.
    Thx and greetings
  • GG"s deflection stamina is absolutely pitiful.