criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »
    From another thread I posted in:

You can change the character, all that’s happening here is the cursor is stuck. You have to die or respawn and when you’re on the menu, deselect the hero you’re using (that’s B for me on Xbox) and then you can select another hero.

It’s just the animation that’s not working if you get me, you can still change heroes.

Great Catch :grin:
    I've forwarded this.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Thanks for that, i’m on PS4 and it’s the ‘O’ to deselect, and I do get it, but the option to deselect has appeared once in about 7 rounds of HvV and the rest of the time all options are greyed out with no chance to change characters. Glad it’s working for someone though!
  • Nnagildan wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i’m on PS4 and it’s the ‘O’ to deselect, and I do get it, but the option to deselect has appeared once in about 7 rounds of HvV and the rest of the time all options are greyed out with no chance to change characters. Glad it’s working for someone though!

Are you sure you’ve kept your cursor hovering over your character? The deselect button shouldn’t light up or anything, you just have to keep the cursor over the character you’re currently playing as, and then press O. The model of your character should remain on the screen, not the model of the character you want, and then deselect.
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    Has anyone else been getting the same maps over and over again? I'm getting the same 4 or 5 maps and it started when they introduced the new match making system. I don't think I've seen maps like Yavin 4 in over a month.

yea its been like that since it came out and nothing is gonna change until they turn it off and go back to the old map rotation.
  • Been playing video games since the mid 80's and this is the first time I have ever been frustrated with a game. Games for fun not frustration!
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    We need Luke to take down this (EOR MM) battle station, and bring balance to the Force.

All they have to do is turn it off, I'm sure it is very easy and doesn't require trench run focus to do.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Agreed, this works just like before only no yellow border.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    We need Luke to take down this (EOR MM) battle station, and bring balance to the Force.

All they have to do is turn it off, I'm sure it is very easy and doesn't require trench run focus to do.

We need them all to get sacked and replaced by other devs.
  • EightMile
    1865 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    DICE does not care. They need you to submit a bug ticket every time you have an issue.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    According to the data the game is perfect, nothing wrong with it at all
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    Has anyone else been getting the same maps over and over again? I'm getting the same 4 or 5 maps and it started when they introduced the new match making system. I don't think I've seen maps like Yavin 4 in over a month.

yea its been like that since it came out and nothing is gonna change until they turn it off and go back to the old map rotation.

It's ironic that the thing this community has asked for the most is more maps, yet on the long awaiting drop of Grievious we've actually lost around 8 maps ?
  • How are people even supposed to play with the new mm honestly. :p
    any mode.
  • Abuuru wrote: »
    I plan to back out of lobbies and rejoin until I get darkside.

And everyone else is doing the same. Enjoy sitting on ur darkside lobby watching people like you join and leave again and again. lol

giphy.gif

• they can randomize the teams without redoing matchmaking.
    not sure how they can't see that.. hell the battlefield series has had that forever, well, until bf 1. :p
  • MWB33
    1390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Can someone explain this? My friend an I were playing HvV after my post earlier. Match making did this:

k66jcn0nbsqb.jpg

How can EOR MM suddenly decide that we are going to switch from HvV to GA????

We exited that nonsense. 2 more friends joined our party. Guess what happened? One Dark Side round followed by 3 straight Light Side rounds.
    Post edited by MWB33 on
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I can also attest that in my experience and the 30 or so friends I play with online, the EORM has been nothing but painful for all of us - not a single person I've spoken to enjoys it or finds any benefit to it... None of them post on these forums, so I'm not reflecting this community but another one
    I'd really like @F8RGE to address my points specifically,

I can't stay in a squad with my friends permanently

We are being forced into laggy foreign servers (Can't give you my ping site since it changes just about everytime).

^this here is freakin unbearable.

I don't know what was going on with the servers today but I've never experienced lag like that in this game.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• I bought the game in January and have played most days since then. I used to be able to play a full map rotation on ga without ever having to quit and find a new lobby (occasionally on less popular maps the numbers would be lower).

Now I'm having to quit every other game because of empty lobbies. As other people have said, read the forums devs, don't expect us to time stamp every incident for you.
    Yeah it is ruining the game but BFV needs this beta tested so we suffer because of it.

Ok thank you, feels better now XD
  • SamasGG wrote: »
    Yeah this is the case most of the time, but just to be the cherry on the cake General Grievous is terrible which is a complete let down seeing as he was my favourite villain.

Agreed. The hit detection is non existent, the abilities are really sketchy. But hey, he looks great!
  • IIPrest0nII
    4800 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Please pay attention to the first post in this thread: >CLICK ME<
    Hello everyone!

This Megathread created to collect all your feedback regarding the EOR MM system in Star Wars Battlefront II. Please post constructive feedback and answer the following questions:
    1. Your username.
    2. On which platform do you play?
    3. In what region are you located?
    4. What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)
    5. What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)
    6. What game mode were you playing?
    7. What ping site you were connected to?
    8. (Optional) Any additional feedback?

You are also welcome to post your feedback at EA Answers HQ forums: Issues with the EOR matchmaking system - examples

Note: All EOR MM threads will be merged into this Megathread.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
  • What a horrible mess this match making system is. Why is this being forced on us. Clearly "the data" is wrong. 9 pages already on the forum and still the devs don't do anything. I has even gotten worse now as it's now throwing you into different game modes!
  • Mouthrax
    522 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I played Grievous twice in an entire evening of HvV, I spent my time playing Heroes or quitting out to find a new lobby that wasn't dead, I did see some people with full blue cards and level 15 ish so some people are getting to play Dark Side and get to Grievous ...just not me :(
    Post edited by Mouthrax on
  • Draco_RSA
    498 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello everyone!

This Megathread created to collect all your feedback regarding the EOR MM system in Star Wars Battlefront II. Please post constructive feedback and answer the following questions:
    1. Your username.
    4. What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)
    5. What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)

You are also welcome to post your feedback at EA Answers HQ forums: Issues with the EOR matchmaking system - examples

There are still some threads out there that you missed. Please merge it as well. https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/122696/matchmaking-has-made-this-game-unplayable#latest
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    I played GG twice in an entire evening of HvV, i spent my time playing Heroes or quitting out to find a new lobby as it was dead, I did see some people with full blue cards and level 15 ish so some people are getting to play Dark Side and get to Grievous ...just not me :(

I definitely feel your pain. To brighten your day up a little bit i can tell you that when i finally got to play him I noticed that his swings hardly registers at all and his abilities works 50% of the time.

To be clear, it's not the DICE devs fault. It's the dark side that's causing all these issues..

• IIPrest0nII
    edited October 2018
    Merged.

Would be great if you could answer these questions I posted above ^ ^

Thanks!
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello everyone!

1. Your username.

1. What is it you exactly experienced? - i experience breaking the well balanced lobbies - as i have no choice but am thrown away to different sites after the match is over, i experience broken rotation of maps - keep getting over and over 2-3 maps in around 2-3 hours sitting, i experience a lot of unbalanced games (approximately 70% more games i found were a total steamroll, one team had huge advantage over the other).
    2. What time did it happen? - ALL THE TIME !!! since it was turned on for so called test weekend, i gave it a try, but after the weekend YOU LIED AND DID NOT TURN IT OFF !!! literally if you check my login in the logs, it did happen each and every freaking time i tried to have some fun with the game. and exactly this is why i got so frustrated, if it would work from time to time as it should (not FORCE you to different lobbies) i would give you time to fix it and not bother you guys, as i do appreciate for example the fix you did after you nerfed the heavy class some time ago and as much as i was upset, i just started to play other classes.
    3. What game mode were you playing? - i played GA (most of the time i was spending in GA)
    4. What ping site you were connected to? - how can i tell that ? is there a possibility to check somehow ? in settings i am in default mode which puts me as a starter to Germany, but i feel as i am being thrown around as i sometimes face bigger lag time from other players (or it is only me) which did not occur for me in the past

Update after the change of questions to the ones from Answer HQ:

Your username.
    - The same as here eshtazaki
    On which platform do you play?
    - PC only
    In what region are you located?
    - Europe - should i be more specific ?
    What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)
    - please look above.
    What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)
    i do not recall exact hours from a week or two back, but i assure you each and every time i logged into the game i had this issues. period.
    What game mode were you playing?
    - GA
    What ping site you were connected to?
    - Default (possibly Germany)
    (Optional) Any additional feedback?
    - look above and all the comments from when the EOR MM Tweaks post started.
    Post edited by Eshtazaki on
  • Please pay attention to the first post in this thread: >CLICK ME<
    Hello everyone!

1. What is it you exactly experienced?
    2. What time did it happen?
    3. What game mode were you playing?
    4. What ping site you were connected to?

1. Matches are taking longer to find, we are FORCED into empty servers, we are FORCED to leave servers regardless of choice, being FORCED into laggy foreign servers, not getting to be in squads with my friends, and playing as a faction multiple times in a row.
    2. Happens all the time
    3. All modes effected
    4. I cannot answer this one because WE ARE FORCED INTO DIFFERENT SERVERS EVERY 2 GAMES being FORCED laggy foreign servers is EXTREMELY common.

This system is terrible and should be turned off immediately, I see 0 evidence of it working with piles of evidence against it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • ad 1.) Being disconnected after every second game, i.e. if you were lucky enough to actually start with a 1st round. Often, you enter a round where one team is like 3-10, which will be over quickly. Then you wait again. Also, getting the same maps all over again, having to play LS (or DS) several times in a row, interrupted map rotation.

ad 2.) All the time. You know that, because you left EOR matchmaking on without further comments.

ad 3.) HvV and GA.

ad 4.) Germany (18 ms).
  • Mouthrax wrote: »
    I played GG twice in an entire evening of HvV, i spent my time playing Heroes or quitting out to find a new lobby as it was dead, I did see some people with full blue cards and level 15 ish so some people are getting to play Dark Side and get to Grievous ...just not me :(

I definitely feel your pain. To brighten your day up a little bit i can tell you that when i finally got to play him I noticed that his swings hardly registers at all and his abilities works 50% of the time.

To be clear, it's not the DICE devs fault. It's the dark side that's causing all these issues..

What, he was claimed to be OP in other thread, perhaps he is OP when abilities are working? I haven't even started playing after new patch yet.
  • IIPrest0nII
    I've updated the questions and added some new. Please continue.

Thank you all!
  • Merged.

Would be great if you could answer these questions I posted above ^ ^

Thanks!

By the way, thanks for this one thread to rule them all. As much as i am discouraged and pretty low on any expectations at this point, but for the love of SW, i am willing to still cling to the hope that you will come to your senses and make this a fun game once again.
  • quenaelin wrote: »
    Mouthrax wrote: »

What, he was claimed to be OP in other thread, perhaps he is OP when abilities are working? I haven't even started playing after new patch yet.

Maby when the hits accualy register. For me they don't, maby 20% of the hits do. Seen 4 different youtubers and a couple of people here on the forums complaining about it as well so it's definitely not on my part. Probably just the crappy net code as with all the other bugs. Vader chocke, lukes force push etc.

• Your username: Taserface-ZA

On which platform do you play? PC

In what region are you located? South Africa

What ping site do you use? Ireland\Germany

In which game mode the problem occurred? Galactic Assault

What exactly is the problem? EOR takes you out of a full lobby and shoves you into an empty lobby. EOR also breaks map rotation. EOR also breaks the squad system as you don't get put into the same squad as your friends anymore. It now also even puts you into a different game mode than what you selected when match making takes place.

When exactly the problem occurred? - all the time. I usually play on weekends. It happens all day as well between 16:00 GMT and 23:00 GMT.

(Optional) Any additional feedback?Turn it off, it's only causing more people to quit this game and it's taking ten times longer now to find and play a match.
    Yeah it is ruining the game but BFV needs this beta tested so we suffer because of it.

who will buy BFV ? with all the issues/controversy with swbf2 , not sure i want to invest another 100$ on a possible broken game. star wars fans deserves more than be beta testers.
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

who will buy BFV ? with all the issues/controversy with swbf2 , not sure i want to invest another 100$ on a possible broken game. star wars fans deserves more than be beta testers.

Me I refused to buy BFV until Star Wars battlefront 3 gets more support plus the game is great just drip feed content and some bugs.
  • Jumped on, really stoked to get to play as Grevious. The epic EOR MM put me on the light side in HvV 11(ELEVEN TIMES!!!) times in a row.

[removed dice dev insult]

Only 11 times? Hold my cream soda. I went 2 hours last night and was all light side.
  • how am I so posed to level grievous outside of power leveling in 4vs4 if it gives me nothing but light side every game or an empty server? please just remove match making it doesn't even do anything anyway as games are still steam rolls a lot of the time. I cant remember the last time I felt this bad about this game it might be time for me to move on if this match making mess stays any longer.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • People play HvV? That mode is broke AF.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    People play HvV? That mode is broke AF.

The only way to do pay as Grevous and be good
  • This is what we are dealing with....

EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

We can also see that games are also fuller now.

Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

They really dont care at all
  • KrocketOnBoost
    510 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    People play HvV? That mode is broke AF.

LOL the game is broken.. Just to be clear. It is definitely not the devs fault that this game is broken, it's the moles living under my lawn that's causing all the issues with this game.

I'm curious though, why do you think HvV in particular is broken?

[No dice devs insult in this post]
  • Seeing as this is really important, can it be stickied please for more visibility?
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Seeing as this is really important, can it be stickied please for more visibility?

the force is strong in this one, you see thru the plans to take all the feedback and let it go down in one thread.
  • Is the point of the megathread to consolidate every negative EoR MM thread so the forum looks like everyone is happy playing the game?
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • I think I speak for most people when I say get rid of it. We're all having the same issues playing 2 sides back to back, getting kicked from games you name it. It's garbage
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Is the point of the megathread to consolidate every negative EoR MM thread so the forum looks like everyone is happy playing the game?

not if it gets stickied...it really does need to be.