criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Focused Feedback: General Grievous

Replies

• Looks fantastic! But the abilities need some adjustments. They are very slow to activate and deactivate from my experience.
  • My experience with Grievous so far. These don't happen all of the time but intermittently.

When coming out of claw rush Grievous still does the animation with only his feet for a 2-3 seconds and you can't dash or jump

Claw rush flips you around in the opposite direction

Thrust surge directs you into the opposite direction.

Thrust surge - sometimes you can be right in front or behind and opponent and hit it several times and does nothing.

Claw rush - no matter how what button(s) I hit it won't go out the animation

Unrelenting advance - the controls are inverted. This happens every time and without any Rey players in the match. If this is the intent, it was a horrible decision.

Urelenting advance doesn't block any blaster fire 1/3 of the time. However, on several occasions I was able to block Chewie's Furious Bowcaster. I hope that's an intended effect.

Nerf his gd claw rush hit box, or match Han's Shoulder Charge hitbox. Geez, that's the most forgiving ability in the entire game. I was 10 feet inside of a door as Han with a detonite charge waiting (I saw his outline) and the door opens and I immediately go down. Fix that asap.
  • Urelenting advance doesn't block any blaster fire 1/3 of the time. However, on several occasions I was able to block Chewie's Furious Bowcaster. I hope that's an intended effect.

Did you launch the ability at close range or when you had no more stamina ? If yes, it's just "normal".

In the first case, I think it's intended, but in the second one, I think it's just a bug making the ability unable to deflect blasters' shots when you don't have stamine while you start to use Unrelenting Advance.

Not my post in bottom of the 3rd page to more informations about Grievous.
  • JMaster
    2268 posts Member
    StewM2000 wrote: »
    Are some of these guys for real?

"Ive played with him a few minutes....." or "I played one round with him"

Hopefully Dice & Ben completely ignore these comments, nowhere near enough time to formulate a proper analysis.

Im at level 10 with him and the only issue Ive seen is his crawl ability not disengaging so when you stand up you still hear the crawl sound and are unable to attack. Really enjoying his so far,doesnt seem like he will be able to carry a team like Vader but will def be a factor.
    They asked for our first impressions too. I still have to play as him more, and most of us point out that we've only played him a round or two because of course we have. First impressions aren't baseless, and most of us have at least noticed that Thrust Surge and Unrelenting Advance have some glitches. I can't wait to play him and get the hang of him more, but we can note what we see in our limited time with him.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Played him in arcade just to try out different cards.... My general reaction without being negative is meh..... While he's cool, I was like "we waited this long for this?"
    I would have much preferred new maps in extraction and other game modes over this imo.
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I played him all day.

Pros:

Looks dope.
    Hits hard.
    Mobile.
    Lethal.
    Love the variation in choices among his Star Cards.
    Designed to be very close to his movie nature/feel.
    Great emotes & dialogue.

Cons:

Lack of fluidity on attacks (too clunky).
    Saber tracking of enemy targets is too sluggish and slow. This is saber swings also.
    His end animations for all his abilities are way too long. These animations add to the clunky feel.
    Zoom out of HVV intro by 10-15% range to see him better. Way too close.
    Zoom out of menu and selection screen 10% to see him better. He’s too close.
    Victory poses are decent.

With that said, I was able to get to 23.5 levels today with the help of very dedicated friends and a lot of energy drinks. I had fun, got some awesome footage. And I do love the Addition to the Villains roster. He gets a 6/10 from me for his launch showcase due to the cons. But I know the team will sort the issues out in due time.

Thank you for the addition, for the feedback post for the addition, and for the communication. I would also like to be thankful of all of this being sorted out in a timely manner as well. And I would also appreciate if Obi when he’s released is nowhere near this clunky.

Just my two cents.

I will post footage when I have time. I am exhausted.

May the Force be with Us, Always.

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Please make Grievous' abilities cancelable with the press of dodge and primary attack (like Rey, Han, Chewy, etc.)
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Also Line Up Weaklings card doesn't work, in fact it seem to make Grievous do NO damage after the first hit!
    I've tested it over and over - it's broken
  • I love playing as him the few times I can grab him. I do see a lot of people unable to play him correctly though I guess that’s to be expected in the early stages.
    I think his spinning blades and thrust surge could use some tuning though. Thrust surge doesn’t do any damage a lot of the time I’m guessing from the hit detection, and the spinning blades(can not remember the name yet) to me should deflect saber hits or have a higher base damage reduction. That could just be my take on it, but it would make sense. Otherwise he is great and I hope I can get enough play time on him to level him!
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Grievous is really fun so far though I, and it seems alot of other people too, noticed some things that need to be fixed soon. So the Thrust ability rarely hits, which is unfortunate, but also I noticed that Geieovus can't run and thrust at the same time. Like, in order to perform the action, I have to stop moving then thrust,which can get pretty annoying.

For the Advance ability, I dont mind that toy can go backwards, but I'm not really a fan of having only being able touse one stick at a time to maneuver to where you want to go.

Besides those, he great!

Also, totally different either a caped skin or Clone Wars skin please!
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    What do you like about him, what don't you like?

Why can he block blaster fire outside of Unrelenting Advance.

)

This. My first feedback would be this issue about UA skill.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    Not only him. Lando and Chewie kill every villain with one use of their shock abiliies, no matter how much health they have. Stun them, then headshots and 800HP or more are gone. With Kylo Ren Freeze it's about the same, but only with blaster fire not lightsaber strikes.

And then some people will still claim how that walking carpet dont need nerf...
  • K4152
    131 posts Member
    I think he looks great , been getting the hang of him . One problem is advance is quirky..rolls Bois are to quick, and get behind you easily. And thrust is a 6/10 hit and sometimes it won't do dmg. I think claw is ok the way it stands, maybe more control to player , but it's not that bad as is. Overall been having a blast playing as the general. Just need minor tweaks.
  • I've only played him on arcade, but came up against him on H vs V (because I wasn't fast enough), but I as Chewie on Kashyyyk he seemed super easy to kill. Sitting target while he is attacking, and if you stun him and then shoot him, his health seems to disappear twice as fast as any other hero. I will add he plays near perfectly on arcade, and is visually stunning.
  • So, Grievous...he's shiny, like Phasma, but clunky in combat with two to three useless abilties (esp. in HvV). People are already abuse-spamming his cough emote throughout entire rounds. I will level him up and then probably forget about him, as he doesn't fit my playing style.

Heroes/Villains should be released in pairs. Now, with the patch, lots of veteran players are back. I noticed that the DS steamrolling in HvV has gotten worse again and the fabled EOR matchmaking doesn't change a thing.

Also, it's such good fun when on patch day you want to try out the new, tiny droplet of content that you got after waiting an eternity only to be connected to 2nd round LS games in HvV, then being sent to another server, yet again as the LS, people quitting left and right. We knew this was going to happen.

On the upside, I noticed that yesterday the general lag situation (Germany ping site) was so much better than usual. Everything was smooth and snappy, almost like when playing in Arcade. Kill markers coming instantly, powers triggering promptly (though still without effect at times). Please, please keep it that way!
  • OK. So I've read pages 1-2 quite extensively and then glanced over 3 and 4 a bit (just for quickness). I play on PS4 (may be significant for devs).

Positives:
    - He looks amazing! No one seems to be questioning how amazing the graphics are in both the menu screen and in the gameplay itself.
    - The face EA/Dice have gotten Matthew Wood to be the voice actor should cause some to pause for thought when they say EA are not committed to this game (I am aware Wood did Grievous lines for other games also). Wood would have held all the cards (money wise) so EA probably paid quite a bit for Matthew Wood to do the voice lines and its top notch. They didn't have to do this, but it gives fans a more real experience. Superb!
    - His abilities are great. All three of useful and for my style of game play I will use nearly all of them a lot. I rarely play as heroes in Galactic Assault, mostly in HVV.
    - His voice lines are great.
    - His battle damaged appearance is brilliant for sure and I bought it straight away, but can't imagine I will use it much. The graphics of his default skin (Jedi Hunter) is just such top rate.
    - His Star Cards are all good. I too am struggling to work out which ones I would use most often.
    - His lightsaber strikes are incredibly powerful and this compensates for his slowness - please do not change this EA/Dice - its a good balance. Hes meant to be clunky, hes massive and made largely out of metal and he isn't force sensitive. Come'on fans!

Negatives
    - There are bugs.
    - In HVV I noticed sometimes if you are knocked out of unrelenting advance you can not attack with sabers until the ability reaches the end of its "usage time", in other words the "clock is still ticking" and if you are knocked out of unrelenting advance it seems to think you are still in the ability and so normal attack is locked. So he just stands there whilst Luke and Rey absolutely tare into him (my experience).
    - Thrust surge seems buggy (to me). Certainly it was in Arcade mode and I think it was also in HVV (though not certain).

Think that it for now. People saying he is useless in HVV have maybe had a bad experience? I came 1st in my team and 2nd the second time I played at him (I think..). Either way I felt hindered only by the glitchy ability. Am I saying folks who are struggling with him in HVV are bad players? Not at all. What I am saying is he takes some getting used to. Hes a tank. Burst in there like your Darth Vader is my advice.

Cheers!

• I'm going to repeat much of what many have said before. Playing on PS4, I've only had a chance to pick him in Arcade as in HvV someone else got to him first - I experienced the same issues around difficulty in changing characters mid-round - at first I couldn't change my character at all, and the countdown to spawn has gone, and as you scroll through characters it doesn't highlight who the cursor is on.

Anyway, to Grievous:
    • He does seem very clunky, and his saber strike animations feel too long with their big sweeping arcs, and especially when you're facing off more than one attacker - however, damage of those strikes is good
    • Thrust surge feels very weak considering you're attacking with 4 sabers. It also doesn't always land despite an enemy being right in front of you, and because of that, you're a sitting duck whilst it works through the animation. Playing on Arcade and using the card that extends the ability's reach / distance feels very weak too, I lost count of the times, even with the max ability, I just jumped to right in front of someone but not far enough to actually hit them.
    • Claw rush is a mess, an awkward stumble around as you take 13 off a trooper's health but don't knock them down, then they shoot you from behind. This should feel more fluid and smooth, it's like driving a clown car where whatever direction you move the wheel, it goes in the opposite direction.
    • Unrelenting advance is rubbish - as others have said, you walk through people who don't die and are then behind you kicking your vulnerable behind. The control of it also feels clunky, and again at odds with the direction I want to go in, I haven't fully worked out how to control him mid-ability - it moves like I'm under Rey's spell. It also doesn't seem to block baster fire like it should.
    • Not a 'needs a buff' comment necessarily, but his health does seem to melt away when under fire. He's a big target for blasters so easy to get hit A LOT.

So, overall, not a great first impression. I'll play him to get the challenges but I don't think he'll be a go-to hero for me.
  • After a few hours of gameplay with Grievous and watching gameplay, here's a list of bugs and thing that in my opinion should be changed. I hope DICE will do this soon, so we won't have to wait long.

Here's the list with some bugs/feedback of Grievous:

Claw Rush:
    - Getting stunned while Claw Rush is active, Grievous still deals damage with it.
    - Getting hit while Claw Rush is active, may result in the animation being canceled. Making Grievous appear to stand upright, yet he actually is utilizing Claw Rush.
    - Claw Rush sometimes cancels the animation while getting over higher obstacles, making Grievous appear to stand upright, yet he actually is utilizing Claw Rush.

Unrelenting Advance:
    - Unrelenting Advance doesn't block all incoming shots.
    - Unrelenting Advance does not deal enough damage. Damage output is very low considering he actually swings his lightsabers rapidly. (Way) More damage is needed.
    - Unrelenting Advance hitboxes feel off. Sometimes an enemy stands right in it and does not take damage.
    - Unrelenting Advance does not show the lightsabers being swirled around. The only person who sees this is the person playing Grievous. Other players will see Grievous just standing still, moving forward without movement.

Thrust Surge:
    -Thrust Surge lock on takes too long.
    -Thrust Surge lock on isn't really obvious.
    -Thrust Surge lock doesn't always work when an object is slightly in between Grievous and the target. A small part of a tree or hill for example.
    -When an enemy jumps behind cover (a wall for example) at the time Grievous jumps towards him with Thrust Surge, Grievous get stuck in the wall with all four lightsabers pointed backwards. Unable to move until he's forced out of it by an enemy hit.
  • DarthJ
    6760 posts Member
    So my 2 cents after a bit of play, will split it similar to the way others have:

Pros:

- aesthetics wise, he looks amazing and sounds great. Voice is amazing and great to hear in a match, even when you aren't him.
    - His emotes are great - felt genuinely difficult to select 2 I wanted to stick with.
    - His claw rush works well, albeit slightly difficult to control at first, but once you get used to it its great. Good for getting out of awkward situations, as well as quickly getting in to cause some damage. I love the end aspect of it too, how he flips over as per what he does in III.
    - His saber strikes are extremely powerful, which is great. If he gets close to a blaster hero or even some saber heroes, he can demolish them fairly quickly (I have both done this and been on the receiving end of this).
    - His thrust attack is good when it hits, does decent damage and gets you close to an opponent for further attacks.
    - His unrelenting advance at least looks cool.
    - His jump similar to Bossk is handy for attacking.
    - His entrance theme is spot on!
    - His health regen is great.
    - Star cards are good. I generally have to have a think on which ones to use per situation or match.

Cons:

- Thrust attack ability doesn't always register a hit, leaving you sometimes in awkward situations.
    - Would be good to end his claw rush prematurely. As good as it is, if you go out of control, you end up struggling fairly badly trying to recover.
    - His unrelenting advance controls are a struggle. Its also generally not wise to use at most points, as it doesn't defeat opponents, deflect blaster bolts, is fairly slow and allows the opponent to get behind you or group up and blast you from multiple directions, leaving you vulnerable whilst stuck in the animation. I would have this ability able to destroy most things but with a longer cooldown.
    - Whilst his saber strikes are powerful, they are extremely slow. Virtually any class or hero can dodge away easily and start attacking. Again, I have had this done to me as well as done it to others. They need sped up a slight bit so Grievous isn't left open to attack constantly.
    - His stamina is very poor, and there doesn't seem to be a card that helps this out (only one to use up more of it quickly!). It takes about 6-8 swings before his stamina runs out, and blaster bolts deflection stamina is even worse. Might be worth checking his card usage eventually and rejigging one? Due to his stamina, if he isn't close enough, he tends to get annihilated by blaster heroes very quickly (Han in particular can destroy him easily).
    - When being hit by a force ability with the crawl or advance ability active, Grievous seems to get stunned for a period (might just be me). He can end up struggling against most heroes when using his abilities. I found it easier to avoid using his abilities generally, left me less open to attacks.

That's it I think at the moment. Overall I can see he isn't a tank (far from it), but he needs some tweaks if he is meant to fit in the hit and run/assassin/quick damage playstyle he seems to be geared towards. I think in saber battles he is very good, albeit vulnerable to force abilities, but has room to be improved. However, his cards might end up changing some of the stuff above once they are at blue or purple level so its probably wise to revisit this at some point.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • He is perfect with standard attacks and his uniqueness. BUT his abilities are broken.
    Fix his left dash ability and his middle saber swinging.

Left ability fix: just make it damage ppl it won‘t be too hard

Middle ability fix: make him run faster and really block stuff and dmg ppl so it is like it‘s supposed to be. Don‘t change speed, don‘t change damage outcome just fix it where if you hit ppl the get regular ls dmg and you can block everything. Thx
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    My thoughts on Grievous so far:
    • His base lightsaber strikes are great, love the high damage.
    • Health Regen is very nice especially with Star Cards.
    • Thrust Surge is ok when it works but has pretty bad hit detection.
    • Unrelenting Advance should spin the lightsabers slightly faster and it should block all saber and blaster shots from the front. I've seen a Han empty an entire Sharpshooter through it and it doesn't seem to properly block blaster fire. It should also deal damage slightly more often and/or turn slightly faster to make it harder to walk behind Grievous.
    • Claw Rush needs slightly better handling (he IS on six limbs after all) and should end faster when he rams into a wall.
    • (Cosmetic suggestion) Unrelenting Advance should leave scorch marks in the floor as Grievous advances (at least as his lightsabers hit the ground on a flat surface.)
    • (Cosmetic suggestion) Grievous could use a couple more saber strikes in his combo. Right now he chains the same four attacks which can quickly get visually repetitive. Maybe he could get one or two saber animations that use his extra arms to mix it up a bit.

Also, he gets absolutely melted by Lando and Chewie's stun combos much like everyone else unfortunately.

On point ^_^
  • After playing with him some more at lvl 10, he's pretty good, while his trust is a little touchy, and his saber swings could be a little faster, I've really enjoyed playing him. His claw rush is realy cool especially on a night map and he comes up behind you and runs you over. He looks great, the music that plays when he dies in HVV is epic, voice lines are perfectly hilarious, his poses are awesome.
  • <Fabulous job with Greivous> PC version
    It's difficult to imagine the General once you finish tweakin' his abilities. I see him as fast as Maul - and as deadly as Vader. Slow doesn't always mean ineffective (the Wookies are slow, Vader is slow). The voice and animation are Star-Wars-On-The-Money!
    Now to what I don't like: you waited too long to introduce him - and I'm a greedy fan of Greivous & Kenobi
    ***Never understand the complaints: every body started as a Level 0 Greivous with white card right? Did I miss something? It took me 3 months to fully control a 3-foot Yoda in combat - it just takes time***
    Nicely Done Team
  • He is perfect with standard attacks and his uniqueness. BUT his abilities are broken.
    Fix his left dash ability and his middle saber swinging.

Left ability fix: just make it damage ppl it won‘t be too hard

Middle ability fix: make him run faster and really block stuff and dmg ppl so it is like it‘s supposed to be. Don‘t change speed, don‘t change damage outcome just fix it where if you hit ppl the get regular ls dmg and you can block everything. Thx

True but the spider ability is somewhat useful
  • VaperEyes wrote: »
    <Fabulous job with Greivous> PC version
    It's difficult to imagine the General once you finish tweakin' his abilities. I see him as fast as Maul - and as deadly as Vader. Slow doesn't always mean ineffective (the Wookies are slow, Vader is slow). The voice and animation are Star-Wars-On-The-Money!
    Now to what I don't like: you waited too long to introduce him - and I'm a greedy fan of Greivous & Kenobi
    ***Never understand the complaints: every body started as a Level 0 Greivous with white card right? Did I miss something? It took me 3 months to fully control a 3-foot Yoda in combat - it just takes time***
    Nicely Done Team

You sir are a smart man
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    So my 2 cents after a bit of play, will split it similar to the way others have:

Pros:

- aesthetics wise, he looks amazing and sounds great. Voice is amazing and great to hear in a match, even when you aren't him.
    - His emotes are great - felt genuinely difficult to select 2 I wanted to stick with.
    - His claw rush works well, albeit slightly difficult to control at first, but once you get used to it its great. Good for getting out of awkward situations, as well as quickly getting in to cause some damage. I love the end aspect of it too, how he flips over as per what he does in III.
    - His saber strikes are extremely powerful, which is great. If he gets close to a blaster hero or even some saber heroes, he can demolish them fairly quickly (I have both done this and been on the receiving end of this).
    - His thrust attack is good when it hits, does decent damage and gets you close to an opponent for further attacks.
    - His unrelenting advance at least looks cool.
    - His jump similar to Bossk is handy for attacking.
    - His entrance theme is spot on!
    - His health regen is great.
    - Star cards are good. I generally have to have a think on which ones to use per situation or match.

Cons:

- Thrust attack ability doesn't always register a hit, leaving you sometimes in awkward situations.
    - Would be good to end his claw rush prematurely. As good as it is, if you go out of control, you end up struggling fairly badly trying to recover.
    - His unrelenting advance controls are a struggle. Its also generally not wise to use at most points, as it doesn't defeat opponents, deflect blaster bolts, is fairly slow and allows the opponent to get behind you or group up and blast you from multiple directions, leaving you vulnerable whilst stuck in the animation. I would have this ability able to destroy most things but with a longer cooldown.
    - Whilst his saber strikes are powerful, they are extremely slow. Virtually any class or hero can dodge away easily and start attacking. Again, I have had this done to me as well as done it to others. They need sped up a slight bit so Grievous isn't left open to attack constantly.
    - His stamina is very poor, and there doesn't seem to be a card that helps this out (only one to use up more of it quickly!). It takes about 6-8 swings before his stamina runs out, and blaster bolts deflection stamina is even worse. Might be worth checking his card usage eventually and rejigging one? Due to his stamina, if he isn't close enough, he tends to get annihilated by blaster heroes very quickly (Han in particular can destroy him easily).
    - When being hit by a force ability with the crawl or advance ability active, Grievous seems to get stunned for a period (might just be me). He can end up struggling against most heroes when using his abilities. I found it easier to avoid using his abilities generally, left me less open to attacks.

That's it I think at the moment. Overall I can see he isn't a tank (far from it), but he needs some tweaks if he is meant to fit in the hit and run/assassin/quick damage playstyle he seems to be geared towards. I think in saber battles he is very good, albeit vulnerable to force abilities, but has room to be improved. However, his cards might end up changing some of the stuff above once they are at blue or purple level so its probably wise to revisit this at some point.

Well said
  • Anything I can say is really just a repeat of what has been hashed out here already. With that, I’ll just offer corned beef so we’ll have corned beef and hash.

Claw Rush - After using it many times, in fact completing its milestone in just two HvV matches, I have come to the realization that all the devs did was take Han’s Shoulder Charge and plop GG’s skin in it. No question that is what was done.

It operates exactly the same way. That being said, you could fix both in one fell swoop.

Get rid of the auto-curve path. Let us completely dictate direction throughout.

Allow instant cancellation at any point. I died four times on Kashyyyk because GG ran out a door and over a platform edge.

Opponent knockdowns should be consistent—not after some predetermined distance is covered.

Other than the other bugs listed, I feel like you gave us a powerful character with Han’s limited control (during CR), Phasma’s animation speed (entering/exiting animations and their associated vulnerability windows), and a EB Heavy turn rate (during UA).

As an aside for players using him; pro tip: Don’t ever stow his sabers. I’ve easily walked up on many Light Side players who thought I was just one of them because of the approaching green/blue saber glow. ;)
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Anything I can say is really just a repeat of what has been hashed out here already. With that, I’ll just offer corned beef so we’ll have corned beef and hash.

Claw Rush - After using it many times, in fact completing its milestone in just two HvV matches, I have come to the realization that all the devs did was take Han’s Shoulder Charge and plop GG’s skin in it. No question that is what was done.

It operates exactly the same way. That being said, you could fix both in one fell swoop.

Get rid of the auto-curve path. Let us completely dictate direction throughout.

Allow instant cancellation at any point. I died four times on Kashyyyk because GG ran out a door and over a platform edge.

Opponent knockdowns should be consistent—not after some predetermined distance is covered.

Other than the other bugs listed, I feel like you gave us a powerful character with Han’s limited control (during CR), Phasma’s animation speed (entering/exiting animations and their associated vulnerability windows), and a EB Heavy turn rate (during UA).

As an aside for players using him; pro tip: Don’t ever stow his sabers. I’ve easily walked up on many Light Side players who thought I was just one of them because of the approaching green/blue saber glow. ;)

Great post.

What does everyone think of an ability that lets him use all sabers for 10/15 seconds?

i think this is essential to him..
  • 1. Unrelenting Advance ability makes Grievous move in a straight line and doesn't allow the player to change direction towards the enemy. It makes Grievous vulnerable. That makes this ability a bit useless.

2. The emotes are great.

Off-topic: since Grievous has 5 emotes, do you plan new emotes for the existing heroes?
  • He looks cool.

Unrelenting Advance is ever more useless than Phasma's Staff Strikes though. Too bad it would be such a cool ability if it worked right.
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    Thrust Surge should deal more damage.

Wow... 160 damages, 200 with the epic star card, dude... It's a lot considering the enemy is pushed on the ground... Use it as a finisher.
    Yanks28th wrote: »
    Unrelenting Advance does drastically less damage then normal.

Yeah, that's true. 75 dph against 125 dph in a basic attack. Also I think it should make less damage per hit BUT hit 10 times per second and not only 1 time. The maximum is 5 hits from the very beginning to the last 0.001 second.
    Unrelenting Advance needs to blocks light sabers

Hum... It does actually. But only in front of him and each time a player try to hit Grievous, the player will take damages.
    VaperEyes wrote: »
    and I'm a greedy fan of Greivous & Kenobi

From a fan of Grievous, I'm a bit disappointed to see you don't know how to correctly write his name...

To ALL PEOPLE complaining about how slow he attack. COME ON ! He does 125 dph ! It's more than Vader ! Also about his stamina, he can block 10 lightsabers swings, not 6 or 8, but 10 ! For those who are interested for information about Grievous, go on my last comment on page 3 at the bottom of the page ! I wrote an entire comment talking about general information and info about each ability, even about their bug and how to prevent a stupid death sometimes.

Grievous is VERY powerful, you just need to know how to play with him !

exiez78utqy7.png

Here some clips of me playing as him :

- https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/grievous32/video/62868624
    - https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/grievous32/video/62868625

He is absolutely weak against blaster wielders BUT an incredible beast against Jedi ! He actually really is a Jedi killer in the way he has been made in this game. You want him to be better against blaster wielder ? Then read my comment on the bottom of page 3 to know when use Unrelenting Advance, and choose star card making him more resistant during Unrelenting Advance and Claw Rush !
  • Especially considering someone finished third with 14,000, Grievous came second with 16,000, and Yoda came first with 13,000?

No it didn’t finish adding up the score I took the picture before yoda score was completed added up. The correct is 17,000. Sorry was in a hurry to take the picture so I didn’t let it finish add up.

oh ok.
  • Dash wrote: »
    I played him all day.

Pros:

Looks dope.
    Hits hard.
    Mobile.
    Lethal.
    Great emotes & dialogue.

Cons:

Saber tracking of enemy targets is too sluggish and slow. This is saber swings also.
    His end animations for all his abilities are way too long. These animations add to the clunky feel.

With that said, I was able to get to 23.5 levels today with the help of very dedicated friends and a lot of energy drinks. I had fun, got some awesome footage. And I do love the Addition to the Villains roster. He gets a 6/10 from me for his launch showcase due to the cons. But I know the team will sort the issues out in due time.

Thank you for the addition, for the feedback post for the addition, and for the communication. I would also like to be thankful of all of this being sorted out in a timely manner as well. And I would also appreciate if Obi when he’s released is nowhere near this clunky.

Just my two cents.

I agree completely for the most part. He just needs to be tuned up a bit. I do like his cards a lot though.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Grievous32 wrote: »

Wow... 160 damages, 200 with the epic star card, dude... It's a lot considering the enemy is pushed on the ground... Use it as a finisher.

Yeah, that's true. 75 dph against 125 dph in a basic attack. Also I think it should make less damage per hit BUT hit 10 times per second and not only 1 time. The maximum is 5 hits from the very beginning to the last 0.001 second.

Hum... It does actually. But only in front of him and each time a player try to hit Grievous, the player will take damages.

From a fan of Grievous, I'm a bit disappointed to see you don't know how to correctly write his name...

To ALL PEOPLE complaining about how slow he attack. COME ON ! He does 125 dph ! It's more than Vader ! Also about his stamina, he can block 10 lightsabers swings, not 6 or 8, but 10 ! For those who are interested for information about Grievous, go on my last comment on page 3 at the bottom of the page ! I wrote an entire comment talking about general information and info about each ability, even about their bug and how to prevent a stupid death sometimes.

exiez78utqy7.png

He is absolutely weak against blaster wielders BUT an incredible beast against Jedi ! He actually really is a Jedi killer in the way he has been made in this game. You want him to be better against blaster wielder ? Then read my comment on the bottom of page 3 to know when use Unrelenting Advance, and choose star card making him more resistant during Unrelenting Advance and Claw Rush !

I agree with you that Grievous is pretty strong against saber users. However, he's yet another character tuned heavily to one game mode rather than both. That's before you factor in the bugs.

I've played with Grievous quite a bit. Even if his bugs are fixed, I'm not sure how practical he is on GA.

Unrelenting Advance should be a OHK against basic infantry if they try to roll through you, while making his star cards buff active time and blaster deflection or damage reduction.

His thrust is simply too slow of an animation and needs to be sped up. That's in addition to it not even recording damage on hit.

While his Crawl is great, it, along with unrelenting advance, needs a saber attack cancel.
  • Alright, I have played with him a bit more, here are some more detailed thoughts.

He is very good against lightsaber heroes if you know what you're doing, he can block more swings than a lot of saber users, he has the second highest saber damage (since everyone uses Opposing the Dark Side) against heroes, he is so massive the saber users can't really stunlock him (kind of like Vader), and when his abilities work they are devastating to the jedi.

The problem is he is pretty bad against blaster heroes and completely awful in GA. Even Finn can take down Grievous ATM, Grievous has some of the easiest lightsaber animations to roll away from in the game, abilities that honestly just get him killed in GA, and he really is a big walking target. I know i'm kind of being a hypocrite because I said that we should take more time to adjust to his changes but at that time I hadn't played him in GA.
  • People saying Unrelenting Advance is useless just clearly show how bad they control Grievous.

The ability is great and the 3 things that need to be changed are :

- Unrelenting Advance should continually hit like the flamethrower
    - You should be able to look right or left using the right stick when using Unrelenting Advance. It's not intuitive to turn with left stick while moving forward
    - You should be able to turn a little bit faster when using Unrelenting Advance

The most broken ability is clearly Thrust Surge and for those people complaining about how long is the cooldown, just remember you have basic attacks, defense and 2 others abilities... The gameplay is very fluid with these cooldown. I just think Unrelenting Advance MUST be buff to make Grievous absolutely deadly for a 160° angle in front of him, making damage to every players or bots standing in his way. Every basic soldier should die in less than 1 second, considering the ability can be dodge or considering you can just run away to not get hit.

This is what I want to see when I use this ability... People turning around and run away from me while I move forward to shred them all !
  • Looks like there are force ghosts or something because thrust surge does nothing and is a death sentence

You're doing it wrong. You have to lock on first
  • Sice the updtate, you can't change characters mid game.

@kevlegs1971- I have found that if you unselect your current character first you can select another character mid-game. Maybe try that?
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    Looks like there are force ghosts or something because thrust surge does nothing and is a death sentence

You're doing it wrong. You have to lock on first

Actually there really is a problem. You'll only hit if your reticle is on the target when you hit. If the player move, depending on the distance you launch the ability, you have a lot of chance to miss the target.
  • Yanks28th
    151 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Grievous32 wrote: »

exiez78utqy7.png

Thanks for your response. I made a few changes to my recommendations based off of it, and included (and named you) for your idea for more hits per second for unrelenting advance. Hopefully they haven't already read it
  • Alright, I have played with him a bit more, here are some more detailed thoughts.

He is very good against lightsaber heroes if you know what you're doing, he can block more swings than a lot of saber users, he has the second highest saber damage (since everyone uses Opposing the Dark Side) against heroes, he is so massive the saber users can't really stunlock him (kind of like Vader), and when his abilities work they are devastating to the jedi.

The problem is he is pretty bad against blaster heroes and completely awful in GA. Even Finn can take down Grievous ATM, Grievous has some of the easiest lightsaber animations to roll away from in the game, abilities that honestly just get him killed in GA, and he really is a big walking target. I know i'm kind of being a hypocrite because I said that we should take more time to adjust to his changes but at that time I hadn't played him in GA.

In the one round that I played in HvV I scored 2nd or 3rd with him. He was very effective.

I played with him approximately 6 times in Galactic Assault. Killed Yoda once but couldn't push an objective and last longer than 60-120 seconds doing so.

I think this is where the disconnect is between players. I main GA. Many other players main HvV. But it's only day 2 so I'm trying not to jump to conclusions.

But the bugs need to be fixed...
  • Dash
    11645 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    I played him all day.

Pros:

Looks dope.
    Hits hard.
    Mobile.
    Lethal.
    Great emotes & dialogue.

Cons:

Just my two cents.

Following up as promised with the video of leveling 2 - 23.5 Showcasing the Pro’s & Con’s I listed above:

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Love him, but I feel like the stamina needs to be fixed.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Yanks28th
    151 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The Positives
    + Absolutely stunning. He looks intimidating, his animation is beautiful, and his voice work may be the best in the game. You guys nailed this part, and I'm excited if this is the new standard
    + The basic foundation of Grievous is pretty interesting. I like that he has the most powerful swing in the game, and that he can block light sabers better then anyone, but he can't handle blaster fire. That requires a new play style and will be fun to learn how to use.
    + I love love love his Claw Rush ability. It was fun to trip up a Yoda who was just destroying the team because they couldn't hit his hitbox. When he was on the ground, they all worked together to take him out. That was satisfying. The controls for movement are great, intuitive, and fun. Its an ability with a lot of flexibility, and frankly I think it will be one of the most entertaining abilities in the game.
    + Great collection of Star Cards. One of my gripes with the game is that for most heroes, there are 2-4 cards that are just heads and tails above the rest. Here, you guys gave us lots of options that could lead to very different play styles. I'm excited about the 90% reduction in damage for the crawl ability, and I may go that route in the long run and focus less on health buffs.
    Negatives:
    - Thrust Surge has been very, very frustrating. It doesn't seem to work if there is anything in the way even remotely close on the ground or to the side of you and the target. At least that's my best guess, because he tends to fling his way forward and do no damage at all. The animation takes so long that it makes him vulnerable to a few hundred points of damage by even one player on the sideline. I really think this needs two big changes.
    1. Obviously, it needs to actually work consistently. I'd limit or terminate the capacity for places to dodge it too.
    2. a. It should either have a faster animation (as beautiful as the animation now is) OR
    b. During the wind up and strike animation, he should receive 50% less damage without any Star Cards. I
    If you do these two things, it could be useful. Right now, I'm likely to only use it in HVV if a blaster hero is rolling. And that is only if no one else is in the room
    - Unrelenting Advance is beyond gorgeous, but it does seem incredibly useless. Despite having four light sabers, Grievous does drastically less damage then normal. You'd have to be hitting a player for 7 seconds straight to kill him. If he rolls under you, and hits you from behind, you can kiss your life goodbye. Rather then being a great defensive stance to move forward on enemies, it seems like a great way to get killed.
    The changes I would recommend are:
    1. 40% reduction in damage taken without star cards (star cards can come into play to reduce it more)
    2. Increase the damage significantly. This can be accomplished by increasing how frequently he hits players (Another player, Grievous 32, suggested one hit per rotation of the light sabers. I think that makes sense). I'd like to see it kill players in three seconds.

Bottom line:
    General Grievous has a truly excellent concept, his basic mechanics are smooth and work well, and his animation, character model and sound are the best in the game and frankly one of the best I've seen in video games period. His Claw Rush ability changes the game in all the right ways. However, two of his abilities are practically unusable, so in terms of game play and competitiveness he is below average among the heroes.
    This Does Not have to be permanent, and probably won't be. He can easily become one of the most fun heroes to play if you guys fix his bugs and improve his abilities. I think he can become one of the most competitive heroes too (which frankly, given the wait time we had for him, is only fair). I strongly recommend my buffs, but I'm sure there are other routes to success as well. I hope you guys do as good of a job balancing him out as you did with the other heroes, and I'm excited to see how he turns out.

(I re-posted this because my previous post got deleted when I tried to make edits to it.)

In the one round that I played in HvV I scored 2nd or 3rd with him. He was very effective.

I played with him approximately 6 times in Galactic Assault. Killed Yoda once but couldn't push an objective and last longer than 60-120 seconds doing so.

I think this is where the disconnect is between players. I main GA. Many other players main HvV. But it's only day 2 so I'm trying not to jump to conclusions.

But the bugs need to be fixed...

He is pretty good in HvV. This is my ranking of the DS villains in HvV ATM:

1. Vader
    2. Iden
    3. Palpatine
    4. Kylo
    5. Boba
    6. Grievous
    7. Maul
    8. Bossk
    9. Phasma

Honestly this list is very subjective and I change it almost every day but that is my currant ranking.
  • AzorAhai
    1368 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I've not had a chance to play him, but I heard him coming last night on Tatooine. So I looked around, ready to give him all I got when I see him. Lol.

Next thing I know, this crawling thing comes in the bazaar, and I suddenly realize I'm about to die.

LOL.

I gotta say...hearing the vocals...looking for him (big guy right? Should see him coming!)...night time setting...and having him crawl in like that.

In a purely video game sense of the word, it was TERRIFYING!
  • In the xbox Unrelenting advance is broken.

Does not block.
    bzngcznx92p4.gif

"Oh, i have a bad feeling about this."

• Claw Rush: Should knock down everyone he comes in contact with.

Unrelenting Advance: Should do more damage, because of how slow he walks and should do damage faster. There is a pause after the first hit which is weird.

Thrust Surge: Don’t like this ability at all.

Would have been nice to temporarily run around with 4 lightsabers. Huge missed opportunity.

Verdict: Underwhelming...

• Darth_Vapor3
    4244 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I played him all day.

Pros:

Looks dope.
    Hits hard.
    Mobile.
    Lethal.
    Great emotes & dialogue.

Cons:

Just my two cents.

Following up as promised with the video of leveling 2 - 23.5 Showcasing the Pro’s & Con’s I listed above:

Hey man, thanks for the video! I didn’t get to play him much at all last night. Excellent gameplay, music, editing... As always, top notch!