criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Starfighter Assault: Ramming???

You know when you accidentally clip a piece of debris floating in space in the D'Qar map? Or when you collide with a pillar under the platforms in Kamino? Or right into the side of the Resurgent Star Destroyer's hull in Unknown Regions? Kills you instantly, right? And it kinda makes sense, in a flimsy little starfighter flying at high speeds.....

But what about Hero ships?

Hero ships, sure they'd blow up colliding with some of the other stuff. But what if THEY could have that same effect on non-Hero ship starfighters? The Millennium Falcon, as big as it is, should fair quite well when ramming into a smaller, weaker starfighter, yeah? All of a sudden, that Falcon getting swarmed by every bad guy starfighter on the map can use it's speed boost to ram them while trying to get some distance.

And, yeah, sure, many of you will say no, bad idea, etc, and you're going to say so, but I want to hear from people who can see the positive here, and ideas on how this could affect the game in a good way.

Replies

• I'm not sure about this, but it could potentially be hilarious.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Not what I expected, but hey, this is still positive feedback! Thanks! WIsh more people would add their thoughts to this. I think ramming would be fun.
  • Not what I expected, but hey, this is still positive feedback! Thanks! WIsh more people would add their thoughts to this. I think ramming would be fun.

Who doesn't enjoy ramming?
  • Appl3corps wrote: »
    Not what I expected, but hey, this is still positive feedback! Thanks! WIsh more people would add their thoughts to this. I think ramming would be fun.

Who doesn't enjoy ramming?

I want to take this conversation in an entirely inappropriate direction because I think it'd be funny, BBBUUUTTT...........

I dunno. Someone would complain, someone always does *rolls eyes*, but it this case I think it'd be a hit. I mean, just think of the KAMIKAZE attacks when players start to get bored, it'd still be funny to watch!!!
  • I liked in BF 2015 when attacking the ship in battle station, you cracked off all your missiles and overheated your lasers and down to a sliver of health, you just rammed the target points fo extra damage, especially if said target had barely any health left and the troop count was almost 0
  • I liked in BF 2015 when attacking the ship in battle station, you cracked off all your missiles and overheated your lasers and down to a sliver of health, you just rammed the target points fo extra damage, especially if said target had barely any health left and the troop count was almost 0

"Cracked off all your missiles"???? This sounds kinda fun. Can you elaborate, or show a pic, or video or something???
  • They got rid of ramming because in the last game it was essentially the only thing people did as the Falcon. Especially against Slave 1
  • Liz4rD
    1008 posts Member
    They got rid of ramming because in the last game it was essentially the only thing people did as the Falcon. Especially against Slave 1

Aaaaaaand, thats exactly why ramming must stay out of SA. Period.

Dont mess with the best game mode in BF II.
  • The only things SA needs are new maps and star fighters. We do not need another cheap tactic, like ramming, for no skilled noobs or trolls to use. Horrible idea.
    #StarWars-y
  • Sure, why not. They’re “Heroes” after all.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Let's please dial back some of the jokes about "ramming" and "missles" here, please. :smile:
  • Sorry, think it is a bad idea.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I like your idea because... we need more exploits in this game...

pH
    As you say... I guess that's precisely why thy removed the ramming from this game in the first place.
  • It's been a while since I played SA. What happens if two non-Hero starfighters collide?
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I played SA. What happens if two non-Hero starfighters collide?

They mesh through each other, but if you're stuck inside each other for more than a second, you start taking damage. Applies to both enemy and friendly ships
  • The only things SA needs are new maps and star fighters. We do not need another cheap tactic, like ramming, for no skilled noobs or trolls to use. Horrible idea.

And yet, this would be a great opportunity for those WITH the skills to show us their stuff, and take such unskilled newbs out. OVERRULED!
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's please dial back some of the jokes about "ramming" and "missles" here, please. :smile:

There were no jokes about missiles, and the "ramming" joke disappeared after two comments and we went back to the topic, and this happened long before you came around and left your own comment. If you're going to be in charge-ish, do your job right, and be more perceptive, otherwise I'll keep calling you out for exactly what you are.....a bad cop, a.k.a. crook with a badge........, NO, worse, a bad wannabe rent-a-cop, effectively a wannabe crook with a badge.

This "bad joke" disappeared until you brought it back up. YOU did that. Your post is more about YOU, a MODERATOR, than anyone else here, and the rest of us ARE on topic.

Bad dog! BAD! Look what you did! Look at it! We don't do that inside! We do that outside! Shame on you! You need to be potty trained!
  • enough ramming as it is in GA, people try ramming there all the time - usually the ones with no skill. The only thing they accomplish is giving me a lot of free points when they die.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    enough ramming as it is in GA, people try ramming there all the time - usually the ones with no skill. The only thing they accomplish is giving me a lot of free points when they die.

True that. Some maps have stuff that gets in the way, like the massive tree branches on Kashyyyk, but I just accept it because those trees also make great cover! Starkiller Base, on the other hand, is wide open air, no cover.

Hey, BTW, now that I'm thinking about it, if you're in a starfighter about to die, and you ram into people (enemies) on the ground, does it kill them? Haven't done that in a while, and those matches usually wound up being a rush, andd I wasn't paying attention, and thought about it just now since it was sorta relevant.
    enough ramming as it is in GA, people try ramming there all the time - usually the ones with no skill. The only thing they accomplish is giving me a lot of free points when they die.

True that. Some maps have stuff that gets in the way, like the massive tree branches on Kashyyyk, but I just accept it because those trees also make great cover! Starkiller Base, on the other hand, is wide open air, no cover.

Hey, BTW, now that I'm thinking about it, if you're in a starfighter about to die, and you ram into people (enemies) on the ground, does it kill them? Haven't done that in a while, and those matches usually wound up being a rush, andd I wasn't paying attention, and thought about it just now since it was sorta relevant.

To be honest I have never died from being rammed. I am usually in a droid tank or AT-ST when it happens and don't really even loose much health when it happens. So it's really some free points as I get the kill and vehicle destroyed points when they ram me.
    Draco_RSA wrote: »

To be honest I have never died from being rammed. I am usually in a droid tank or AT-ST when it happens and don't really even loose much health when it happens. So it's really some free points as I get the kill and vehicle destroyed points when they ram me.

Dang! I mean, that's fun, but just doesn't seem right.