criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How to get Grievous in HvV Guranteed!

Abuuru
421 posts Member
edited October 2018
I've been seeing alot of comments from players saying that they haven't even been able to select Grievous in HvV because others are selecting him before they can.

I wanted to share some tips on how to increase your chances of getting him.

Once you join a new game, chances are you'll be either put into an already existing lobby or a match that's part-way through. At this point there isn't anything you can do other than to finish the match and wait for the next round.

When the round ends and the EOR MM kicks in, there will be the message saying "transfer to [name of map]" under the loading bar. Now what I noticed is when the bar is ~20% filled, you will have the option to press "X" (on the PS4) to go to the character selection screen. If you don't manually press X, you will stay in the loading screen for another 15-30 seconds and automatically be transferred to the character selection screen, at which point somebody will have already taken GG.

Once you press X the instant it pops up on the screen, because GG is the last villain on the selection tab, all you have to do is hold the right key-pad button (don't tap it) and press X again to select him.

So to summarize, hit X the instant it comes up on the loading screen, and simultaneously hold your right key-pad button and spam X again. I don't have a great connection speed (~4-5MB download speed) and in the ~8 hours i spent yesterday in HvV, I was able to get him every single time using this method (unless joining a game midway through).

Hope this helps.

edit: obviously if others are doing this as well it will come down to connection speed / who does it faster but you will beat out those who either stay in the loading screen longer than they need to or take too long scrolling to select GG.

Replies

• If I ever want play GeeGee I will try this. Thanks.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • This is how I got to level 25
  • I tried, but sometimes people have better loading times than I do. I am just going to wait until less people want to use him.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • I’ve used that method to get the hero I want in HvV for some time now. Heheh... It didn’t work for Grievous for me either. Popular guy.
  • The best solution to make sure you get a new character 99.99% of chances is called: Samsung Evo Pro SSD drive. After I installed it on my PS4, I get HvV selection 10 out of 10, any SSD drive installed in your PS4 would do the trick. Of course, if you have a PS4 Pro, a SSD drive and a fast internet connection, you will get it first. My current console configuration: a PS4 Pro, 1Tb Samsu’g Evo Pro SSD drive and 1000 Mbps fiber optic internet speed using an ethernet 1000 mbps connection, never WIFI.
  • Been playing for 3 hours today. Can't select him no matter what. Always just a second too slow. Screw this.
  • No problem getting Grievous here.
    9cxjh2z8m5it.png
  • TiNie
    172 posts Member
    gospa55350 wrote: »
    The best solution to make sure you get a new character 99.99% of chances is called: Samsung Evo Pro SSD drive. After I installed it on my PS4, I get HvV selection 10 out of 10, any SSD drive installed in your PS4 would do the trick. Of course, if you have a PS4 Pro, a SSD drive and a fast internet connection, you will get it first. My current console configuration: a PS4 Pro, 1Tb Samsu’g Evo Pro SSD drive and 1000 Mbps fiber optic internet speed using an ethernet 1000 mbps connection, never WIFI.

Well need not to be a Pro a normal Evo is good too!!!
  • TiNie
    172 posts Member
    No problem getting Grievous here.
    9cxjh2z8m5it.png

I think I chose the same Star Cards. The others are useless, because of his bugs.
  • TiNie wrote: »
    9cxjh2z8m5it.png

I think I chose the same Star Cards. The others are useless, because of his bugs.

Yep. Those are the best, Sith Trained, Beating Heart and Cyborg Rage. Makes Grievous a beast.
  • TiNie
    172 posts Member
    TiNie wrote: »
    9cxjh2z8m5it.png

Yep. Those are the best, Sith Trained, Beating Heart and Cyborg Rage. Makes Grievous a beast.

Only the 3. ability is worth using at the moment. So you are right. 350 HP regen is most of all. Lightsaberstrikes will cause about 150-160 damage. I think if GG is more bug free, he will get a nerf.