criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Officer is fine, stop the moaning and git gud please

2Next

Replies

  • Alright everybody, this is what I think Ben is trying to say. They don't want to nerf the Officer in combat, they just want to reduce the BP gain.
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Alright everybody, this is what I think Ben is trying to say. They don't want to nerf the Officer in combat, they just want to reduce the BP gain.

    Hopefully, because that is all that is needed.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • WildSpace wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.
    Thank you!
    -
    I’m not going to drop my usual officer rant facts, but I thought this would be worth writing.
    I never play officer. Never. So I have the S-5 with the first mod and whatever cards I unlocked from the old crate days. I thought I’d experiment and use my basic officer to see if I could achieve grievous first on every DS match.
    And given my ability, I could.
    So a level 30 something officer can reach 6000 BP before any other class/player playing at maximum effort to play the new villain, multiple times. By a landslide.
    Is that skill? Meh. I think it lines up better with the fact that officers always outscore all classes without a vehikill objective made even more drastic by a skilled player. And those flash grenades...
    -
    Thanks to all devs giving this the proper attention.

    This is such absurd hyperbole it is disgusting. I can get heroes in 90-120 seconds consistently (my fastest ever being 55 seconds, but that was an outlier) as a Heavy... so by saying "multiple times. By a landslide." you are saying you are doing it AT LEAST twice as fast... Sure you are... I would like to see some video of that. Also, you did say "6000 BP" correct? Hate to break it to you, but heroes/villains cost 4500... and have for quite some time.
    Is it? You are quite pretentious. If you haven’t noticed, there are other players equally skilled mate. If I could upload video from my PS4 I’d love to share. It was easy. Easier than it should be. You do know that Officer with Officers presence/RechargeBC/Bounty Hunter can lock up 3-4000 BP before combat even really engages right? I play heavy quite a bit and I know you can achieve what you say, you are naive to not know officer can do it even faster. Take that for what you will, I could care less.
    I only drew Endor and DSII in matchmaking, so yes, 6000. I’ll write it to be more clear, six thousand.
    Doubt me if you want, the class is finally getting the investigation it deserves, and I went hard yesterday to prove its absolutely the right call.

    False. Even if you hit all your teammates with recharge command (Which is impossible to do, only on certain maps is this achievable. You would get at maximum 600 points, ever since the multiplier was removed. Combat starts within the first minute. You cannot use OP unless your teammates are damaged, which only gives you 15 points. You would have to actually be in combat to be able to even use OP. So saying that you can get 3-4000 bp before combat is a outlier. Or a lie.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • d0kRX
    1413 posts Member
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    GreenArrow wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Why? Don't they think they slapped it hard enough the first time?

    Ah well. Investigation isn't final, so I remain cautiously optimistic that they'll reach the same conclusion as the silent majority. (That's the guys who aren't crying about it 24/7)

    What silent ''majority''? Im very sure that majority of playerbase think that officer need nerf.

    If some players think that officer is nerfed then all I can say is - rofl.

    We don't think it was nerfed... it was nerfed.

    Patch 1.1
    Reduced explosion damage when turret is destroyed by blaster fire from 150 to 25

    Patch 1.2
    Blurrg-1120 - Lowered start damage from 37 to 35 and end damage from 20 to 16

    Patch 2.0
    Fixed an issue where Increased Cooling provided higher cooling reduction than intended

    Default Pistol
    Reduced end damage from 20 to 17

    SE-44c
    Reduced amount of shots that can be fired before overheating from 25 to 17
    Reduced how many shots can be fired before overheating when Increased Cooling mod is equipped from 49 to 25
    Reduced end damage distance from 40 to 30 meters


    OFFICER’S PRESENCE
    Flattened the points given to an Officer with OFFICER’S PRESENCE, regardless if the aura affects 1 or 19 allies.
    Point payoff with OFFICER’S PRESENCE was stacking, meaning an Officer standing in a choke point can farm thousands of Battlepoints without effort. To fix this, we've removed this stacking rule.

    Solo Season Update 2
    OFFICER
    Slightly reduced damage of the SE-44C and Blurrg-1120 with the intention to make these less viable in a situation where an Assault Rifle should be better suited
    Slightly reduced the flash duration of the FLASH GRENADE
    Fixed an issue where the IMPROVED FLASH GRENADE inadvertently caused a longer flash duration than the default version

    October Hotfix
    Fixed a health buff stacking issue causes by Yoda, Finn and the Officer class that led to uneven fights in Galactic Assault.

    If SOME players (you specifically) believe the Officer isn't already nerfed, then you are ignoring the objective history of this games patches up to this point.

    This
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Admiral_Xen
    2727 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »

    The fact that people always reference this star card comp is further proof that they truly don't know which build is the true generator. Presence is trash. It no longer stacks multiplicatively. In order for it to build up, you're required to live around wounded teammates for half an eternity before it reaches the 1000s. The same amount a heavy will get for dumping an Explosive Sentry into an objective. Or -HALF- of what anyone will get for singlehandedly shooting down an LAAT Gunship.

    On the other side, this means that any nerf to officer will likely come in the form of another presence nerf, which won't really affect players at the very top of the skill curve.

    It just means that middling players will have even less chance of competing when the top ones make a mistake

    Playing in a stacked premade lobby yesterday simply re-confirmed my already held opinion. I had no problems beating quite skilled officer mains to hero with specialist in most of my games.

    The initial ~500 BP advantage the Officer gains at the beginning can be made up by 1 or 2 objective kills/assists (or a single ion disruptor, which assault/specialist will always reach first) and since the other 3 classes are all better at outright kills (officer can only kill efficiently in close, and not as efficiently as Vanguard, Infiltration/280CFE or Shield + TL-50), they can generally keep up within a few seconds or so as long as there are enemies to feed them kills.

    Only time officer has a clear advantage is when there are less enemies to kill, but this usually means someone else in your party on the other lanes of the map is already far ahead of you in terms of the initial hero race, anyway.

    Besides, why do you care so much if you don't get a sub 2 min hero every game? It largely comes down to luck as is. You'll probably get it next game, and playing hero all game every game isn't the only reason to play*
    *unless we're talking about Iden of course <3
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    KresusFIN wrote: »

    The fact that people always reference this star card comp is further proof that they truly don't know which build is the true generator. Presence is trash. It no longer stacks multiplicatively. In order for it to build up, you're required to live around wounded teammates for half an eternity before it reaches the 1000s. The same amount a heavy will get for dumping an Explosive Sentry into an objective. Or -HALF- of what anyone will get for singlehandedly shooting down an LAAT Gunship.

    On the other side, this means that any nerf to officer will likely come in the form of another presence nerf, which won't really affect players at the very top of the skill curve.

    It just means that middling players will have even less chance of competing when the top ones make a mistake

    Playing in a stacked lobby yesterday simply re-confirmed my already held opinion. I had no problems beating quite skilled officer mains to hero with specialist in most of my games.

    The initial ~500 BP advantage the Officer gains at the beginning can be made up by 1 or 2 objective kills/assists (or a single ion disruptor, which assault/specialist will always reach first) and since the other 3 classes are all better at outright kills (officer can only kill efficiently in close, and not as efficiently as Vanguard, Infiltration/280CFE or Shield + TL-50), they can generally keep up within a few seconds or so as long as there are enemies to feed them kills.

    Only time officer has a clear advantage is when there are less enemies to kill, but this usually means someone else in your party on the other lanes of the map is already far ahead of you in terms of the initial hero race, anyway.

    Besides, why do you care so much if you don't get a sub 2 min hero every game? It largely comes down to luck as is. You'll probably get it next game, and playing hero all game every game isn't the only reason to play*
    *unless we're talking about Iden of course <3

    Massacring infantry is the only perk playing ga has
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

    The fact that people always reference this star card comp is further proof that they truly don't know which build is the true generator. Presence is trash. It no longer stacks multiplicatively. In order for it to build up, you're required to live around wounded teammates for half an eternity before it reaches the 1000s. The same amount a heavy will get for dumping an Explosive Sentry into an objective. Or -HALF- of what anyone will get for singlehandedly shooting down an LAAT Gunship.

    On the other side, this means that any nerf to officer will likely come in the form of another presence nerf, which won't really affect players at the very top of the skill curve.

    It just means that middling players will have even less chance of competing when the top ones make a mistake

    Playing in a stacked lobby yesterday simply re-confirmed my already held opinion. I had no problems beating quite skilled officer mains to hero with specialist in most of my games.

    The initial ~500 BP advantage the Officer gains at the beginning can be made up by 1 or 2 objective kills/assists (or a single ion disruptor, which assault/specialist will always reach first) and since the other 3 classes are all better at outright kills (officer can only kill efficiently in close, and not as efficiently as Vanguard, Infiltration/280CFE or Shield + TL-50), they can generally keep up within a few seconds or so as long as there are enemies to feed them kills.

    Only time officer has a clear advantage is when there are less enemies to kill, but this usually means someone else in your party on the other lanes of the map is already far ahead of you in terms of the initial hero race, anyway.

    Besides, why do you care so much if you don't get a sub 2 min hero every game? It largely comes down to luck as is. You'll probably get it next game, and playing hero all game every game isn't the only reason to play*
    *unless we're talking about Iden of course <3

    Massacring infantry is the only perk playing ga has

    you can massacre infantry as another infantry, tho, just not quite as fast due to less capability for collaterals.

    You can do it about just as efficiently as a hero by using an enforcer (especially the WW, even with its recent "nerf")

    You can often do it more efficiently (depending on map/phase) in a vehicle

    I have plenty of games never playing a hero where I get 1st or at least make top 5 at the end.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

    The fact that people always reference this star card comp is further proof that they truly don't know which build is the true generator. Presence is trash. It no longer stacks multiplicatively. In order for it to build up, you're required to live around wounded teammates for half an eternity before it reaches the 1000s. The same amount a heavy will get for dumping an Explosive Sentry into an objective. Or -HALF- of what anyone will get for singlehandedly shooting down an LAAT Gunship.

    On the other side, this means that any nerf to officer will likely come in the form of another presence nerf, which won't really affect players at the very top of the skill curve.

    It just means that middling players will have even less chance of competing when the top ones make a mistake

    Playing in a stacked lobby yesterday simply re-confirmed my already held opinion. I had no problems beating quite skilled officer mains to hero with specialist in most of my games.

    The initial ~500 BP advantage the Officer gains at the beginning can be made up by 1 or 2 objective kills/assists (or a single ion disruptor, which assault/specialist will always reach first) and since the other 3 classes are all better at outright kills (officer can only kill efficiently in close, and not as efficiently as Vanguard, Infiltration/280CFE or Shield + TL-50), they can generally keep up within a few seconds or so as long as there are enemies to feed them kills.

    Only time officer has a clear advantage is when there are less enemies to kill, but this usually means someone else in your party on the other lanes of the map is already far ahead of you in terms of the initial hero race, anyway.

    Besides, why do you care so much if you don't get a sub 2 min hero every game? It largely comes down to luck as is. You'll probably get it next game, and playing hero all game every game isn't the only reason to play*
    *unless we're talking about Iden of course <3

    Massacring infantry is the only perk playing ga has

    you can massacre infantry as another infantry, tho, just not quite as fast due to less capability for collaterals.

    You can do it about just as efficiently as a hero by using an enforcer (especially the WW, even with its recent "nerf")

    You can often do it more efficiently (depending on map/phase) in a vehicle

    I have plenty of games never playing a hero where I get 1st or at least make top 5 at the end.

    I don't like the mode or the map design, so running wild with a hero vs infantry is the only reason I play it. I can grab a ww in any mode.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

    The fact that people always reference this star card comp is further proof that they truly don't know which build is the true generator. Presence is trash. It no longer stacks multiplicatively. In order for it to build up, you're required to live around wounded teammates for half an eternity before it reaches the 1000s. The same amount a heavy will get for dumping an Explosive Sentry into an objective. Or -HALF- of what anyone will get for singlehandedly shooting down an LAAT Gunship.

    On the other side, this means that any nerf to officer will likely come in the form of another presence nerf, which won't really affect players at the very top of the skill curve.

    It just means that middling players will have even less chance of competing when the top ones make a mistake

    Playing in a stacked lobby yesterday simply re-confirmed my already held opinion. I had no problems beating quite skilled officer mains to hero with specialist in most of my games.

    The initial ~500 BP advantage the Officer gains at the beginning can be made up by 1 or 2 objective kills/assists (or a single ion disruptor, which assault/specialist will always reach first) and since the other 3 classes are all better at outright kills (officer can only kill efficiently in close, and not as efficiently as Vanguard, Infiltration/280CFE or Shield + TL-50), they can generally keep up within a few seconds or so as long as there are enemies to feed them kills.

    Only time officer has a clear advantage is when there are less enemies to kill, but this usually means someone else in your party on the other lanes of the map is already far ahead of you in terms of the initial hero race, anyway.

    Besides, why do you care so much if you don't get a sub 2 min hero every game? It largely comes down to luck as is. You'll probably get it next game, and playing hero all game every game isn't the only reason to play*
    *unless we're talking about Iden of course <3

    Massacring infantry is the only perk playing ga has

    you can massacre infantry as another infantry, tho, just not quite as fast due to less capability for collaterals.

    You can do it about just as efficiently as a hero by using an enforcer (especially the WW, even with its recent "nerf")

    You can often do it more efficiently (depending on map/phase) in a vehicle

    I have plenty of games never playing a hero where I get 1st or at least make top 5 at the end.

    This.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.
    Thank you!
    -
    I’m not going to drop my usual officer rant facts, but I thought this would be worth writing.
    I never play officer. Never. So I have the S-5 with the first mod and whatever cards I unlocked from the old crate days. I thought I’d experiment and use my basic officer to see if I could achieve grievous first on every DS match.
    And given my ability, I could.
    So a level 30 something officer can reach 6000 BP before any other class/player playing at maximum effort to play the new villain, multiple times. By a landslide.
    Is that skill? Meh. I think it lines up better with the fact that officers always outscore all classes without a vehikill objective made even more drastic by a skilled player. And those flash grenades...
    -
    Thanks to all devs giving this the proper attention.

    This is such absurd hyperbole it is disgusting. I can get heroes in 90-120 seconds consistently (my fastest ever being 55 seconds, but that was an outlier) as a Heavy... so by saying "multiple times. By a landslide." you are saying you are doing it AT LEAST twice as fast... Sure you are... I would like to see some video of that. Also, you did say "6000 BP" correct? Hate to break it to you, but heroes/villains cost 4500... and have for quite some time.
    Is it? You are quite pretentious. If you haven’t noticed, there are other players equally skilled mate. If I could upload video from my PS4 I’d love to share. It was easy. Easier than it should be. You do know that Officer with Officers presence/RechargeBC/Bounty Hunter can lock up 3-4000 BP before combat even really engages right? I play heavy quite a bit and I know you can achieve what you say, you are naive to not know officer can do it even faster. Take that for what you will, I could care less.
    I only drew Endor and DSII in matchmaking, so yes, 6000. I’ll write it to be more clear, six thousand.
    Doubt me if you want, the class is finally getting the investigation it deserves, and I went hard yesterday to prove its absolutely the right call.

    Hahaha... the build you quoted has not been the ideal point generator since patch 2.0... the fact that you appear to not know this speaks volumes.

    Secondly, most combat engagements start 30-40 seconds into the match... go ahead and show me a video of you getting 3-4k bp in the first 20-40 seconds without engaging in combat... it should be easy for you given your claims.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Investigation...Really?

    Time would be better spent adding new weapons and abilities for all the classes to entice people to play other classes. Or how about some content for Starfighter assault? How bout investigating the numerous bugs that still continue to plague this game? If you guys investigated your patches before you released them we wouldn't have a mess every time there is an update. The quality control for this game is pathetic at best. I've played this game since the beta and I don't complain about much, but this response irritates me. I know it's hard to feel tone from things written on the internet so maybe this wasn't your intention, but this response **** me off to no end.
  • I can’t believe this whole discussion is still going on. Anyone who defends the current state of Officer BP gain is disingenuous at best. Skill gap? Drivel. Please, this has nothing to do with K/D, accuracy, map knowledge, tactics, or anything having to do with skill at all. What a Heavy can do on one phase on - what is it, four maps? - or shooting down LAAT’s, are self discrediting points. Counter points in fact. Well articulated ignorance is still ignorance. Run all classes with no cards. Then run them with whatever cards you want, except for Officer run the BP build. Whichever BP build you think is best. Test this thoroughly. After, if you still think there is a platform to stand on in defense of this, then let me tell you about some oceanfront property for sale in Arizona. It’s going for 75% off and comes with a mountain boat.
  • @F8RGE

    I'm sure y'all know better than I do, so do what you will with this, but my suggestion is:

    * Remove kill assist points provided to Officer's from teammates under his battle command (have it work just like Yoda's buff in this respect)

    * Leave Officer's Presence as is, but don't allow it to work while the Officer is in vehicles (currently, the Officer is the clearly superior pilot for a vehicle because of this)

    I think that would go a long way towards creating parity among the BP gain for all classes. If that's not enough to bring the Officer's BP generation in line, then maybe slightly buff the BP gain of the other classes as well.
  • I can’t believe this whole discussion is still going on. Anyone who defends the current state of Officer BP gain is disingenuous at best. Skill gap? Drivel. Please, this has nothing to do with K/D, accuracy, map knowledge, tactics, or anything having to do with skill at all. What a Heavy can do on one phase on - what is it, four maps? - or shooting down LAAT’s, are self discrediting points. Counter points in fact. Well articulated ignorance is still ignorance. Run all classes with no cards. Then run them with whatever cards you want, except for Officer run the BP build. Whichever BP build you think is best. Test this thoroughly. After, if you still think there is a platform to stand on in defense of this, then let me tell you about some oceanfront property for sale in Arizona. It’s going for 75% off and comes with a mountain boat.

    I'll take it. Dash was kind enough to point out his Go-To Assault loadout when it comes to holding back a wave or securing an objective. Lo and behold, would you imagine that. Higher score than Atleast 5 out of the 9 officers in that match.

    "This was the case for me. This must be the case universally!"

    In others news, I just ate, so clearly there is no world hunger. And I was cold this morning, so global warming is no longer a thing.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    I can’t believe this whole discussion is still going on. Anyone who defends the current state of Officer BP gain is disingenuous at best. Skill gap? Drivel. Please, this has nothing to do with K/D, accuracy, map knowledge, tactics, or anything having to do with skill at all. What a Heavy can do on one phase on - what is it, four maps? - or shooting down LAAT’s, are self discrediting points. Counter points in fact. Well articulated ignorance is still ignorance. Run all classes with no cards. Then run them with whatever cards you want, except for Officer run the BP build. Whichever BP build you think is best. Test this thoroughly. After, if you still think there is a platform to stand on in defense of this, then let me tell you about some oceanfront property for sale in Arizona. It’s going for 75% off and comes with a mountain boat.

    I'll take it. Dash was kind enough to point out his Go-To Assault loadout when it comes to holding back a wave or securing an objective. Lo and behold, would you imagine that. Higher score than Atleast 5 out of the 9 officers in that match.

    "This was the case for me. This must be the case universally!"

    In others news, I just ate, so clearly there is no world hunger. And I was cold this morning, so global warming is no longer a thing.

    Nice. And nice try too. Look, I main Officer now so I’m with you in the top five every match. It was Assault, and I know exactly the video by @Dash you’re referring to. Excellent videos all of them. There is no comparison in BP generation from the other classes. Nothing approaching consistency on every phase of every map. Whatever your skill level may be, run the Officer build and you’ll get more points. Period. 1 + 1 = 2 for everyone in fact. The rest of your post... just more articulate drivel.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »

    The fact that people always reference this star card comp is further proof that they truly don't know which build is the true generator. Presence is trash. It no longer stacks multiplicatively. In order for it to build up, you're required to live around wounded teammates for half an eternity before it reaches the 1000s. The same amount a heavy will get for dumping an Explosive Sentry into an objective. Or -HALF- of what anyone will get for singlehandedly shooting down an LAAT Gunship.

    On the other side, this means that any nerf to officer will likely come in the form of another presence nerf, which won't really affect players at the very top of the skill curve.

    It just means that middling players will have even less chance of competing when the top ones make a mistake

    Playing in a stacked lobby yesterday simply re-confirmed my already held opinion. I had no problems beating quite skilled officer mains to hero with specialist in most of my games.

    The initial ~500 BP advantage the Officer gains at the beginning can be made up by 1 or 2 objective kills/assists (or a single ion disruptor, which assault/specialist will always reach first) and since the other 3 classes are all better at outright kills (officer can only kill efficiently in close, and not as efficiently as Vanguard, Infiltration/280CFE or Shield + TL-50), they can generally keep up within a few seconds or so as long as there are enemies to feed them kills.

    Only time officer has a clear advantage is when there are less enemies to kill, but this usually means someone else in your party on the other lanes of the map is already far ahead of you in terms of the initial hero race, anyway.

    Besides, why do you care so much if you don't get a sub 2 min hero every game? It largely comes down to luck as is. You'll probably get it next game, and playing hero all game every game isn't the only reason to play*
    *unless we're talking about Iden of course <3

    Massacring infantry is the only perk playing ga has

    you can massacre infantry as another infantry, tho, just not quite as fast due to less capability for collaterals.

    You can do it about just as efficiently as a hero by using an enforcer (especially the WW, even with its recent "nerf")

    You can often do it more efficiently (depending on map/phase) in a vehicle

    I have plenty of games never playing a hero where I get 1st or at least make top 5 at the end.

    Dropping 150+ bombs with bossk is much more fun, however It’s true a top player will be a top player regardless. Dropped plenty of 100+ rounds as straight infantry, just not quite as rage enduring for the other team
  • Oidmetala wrote: »
    Why should anybody care about the officer, let them nerf him to the Ground. There is enough ways left to make Battlepoints super fast.
    Not all of us are just there for the Battle Points. Some of us actually enjoy playing the classes. You know, the foundation and centerpiece of the Battlefront brand.

    This is where I think one of the main problems is. The game has catered so much to the hero-obsessives, and encouraged that same hero obsession while neglecting the other 80% of the game, that hosts of the game's players are only designing to play a trooper because it's required to get those battle battle points, y'all. They create selfish, obsessive players, and that leads to unsatisfying games.

    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    GreenArrow wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.
    Why? Don't they think they slapped it hard enough the first time?

    Ah well. Investigation isn't final, so I remain cautiously optimistic that they'll reach the same conclusion as the silent majority. (That's the guys who aren't crying about it 24/7)
    What silent ''majority''? Im very sure that majority of playerbase think that officer need nerf.

    If some players think that officer is nerfed then all I can say is - rofl.
    We don't think it was nerfed... it was nerfed.
    Patch 1.1
    Reduced explosion damage when turret is destroyed by blaster fire from 150 to 25
    Patch 1.2
    Blurrg-1120 - Lowered start damage from 37 to 35 and end damage from 20 to 16
    Patch 2.0
    Fixed an issue where Increased Cooling provided higher cooling reduction than intended
    Default Pistol
    Reduced end damage from 20 to 17
    SE-44c
    Reduced amount of shots that can be fired before overheating from 25 to 17
    Reduced how many shots can be fired before overheating when Increased Cooling mod is equipped from 49 to 25
    Reduced end damage distance from 40 to 30 meters

    OFFICER’S PRESENCE
    Flattened the points given to an Officer with OFFICER’S PRESENCE, regardless if the aura affects 1 or 19 allies.
    Point payoff with OFFICER’S PRESENCE was stacking, meaning an Officer standing in a choke point can farm thousands of Battlepoints without effort. To fix this, we've removed this stacking rule.
    Solo Season Update 2
    OFFICER
    Slightly reduced damage of the SE-44C and Blurrg-1120 with the intention to make these less viable in a situation where an Assault Rifle should be better suited
    Slightly reduced the flash duration of the FLASH GRENADE
    Fixed an issue where the IMPROVED FLASH GRENADE inadvertently caused a longer flash duration than the default version
    October Hotfix
    Fixed a health buff stacking issue causes by Yoda, Finn and the Officer class that led to uneven fights in Galactic Assault.
    If SOME players (you specifically) believe the Officer isn't already nerfed, then you are ignoring the objective history of this games patches up to this point.
    I think there are differing definitions for "nerfed" being used here.

    In one definition, "The Officer was nerfed" means that the Officer had the effectiveness and/or damage of his abilities or weapons REDUCED IN ANY WAY. The Turret explosion damage was reduced, therefore the Officer got nerfed.

    In the other definition, "The Officer was nerfed" means that any sharp or dangerous edges were "covered in padding", and therefore the Officer does very little damage and is not feasible in combat.

    Clearly, the officer had some of its elements weakened and some of its damage reduced.

    Also clearly, the Officer is nowhere near weak and soft and unable to fight.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    I can see it now. A “weekend” where the only class you can choose is officer. The “weekend” will go on ad nauseum while we are told the results are all positive and good for the game.

    So say we all.
    Somewhere between "the sky is falling" and "everything is awesome" lies the truth.
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Skowsa wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    I can see it now. A “weekend” where the only class you can choose is officer. The “weekend” will go on ad nauseum while we are told the results are all positive and good for the game.

    So say we all.

    would we really notice?

    c5ycymji7m0e.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Losercontrol
    544 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    lol, I've mained officer basically since launch and it's way OP still. The Flash Grenade is way too long should be cut in half and the battle commands should have a 5-10 second delay after you spawn in before you can spam them for points. Officer Presence is fine except you shouldn't get points after death. If you think those things are fine as is you are deluded.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Ha! Good to hear!
  • I dunno, it's fun getting Officer's Presence points while in a vehicle
  • I dunno, it's fun getting Officer's Presence points while in a vehicle

    It’s because your wonderful presence after you left is still being felt. 😁

    work-for-a-cause-not-for-applause-live-life-to-express-dont-strive-to-make-your-presence-noticed-just-make-your-absence-felt.jpg
  • Ahahahaha nice Forge, poor fendermeister deserved it. Now git gud please
  • I usually get banned for a week if I tell someone to get good. Funny how the dev team logo shines under the title of this thread.. Double standard one might think.
  • The lack of videos is testament to the outright lies being spouted here, let's see this video of someone getting 6000 points in "seconds" so we can all judge for ourselves
  • Ahahahaha nice Forge, poor fendermeister deserved it. Now git gud please

    Eh? Many others don't share your point of view I'm afraid. As for FORGE not sure he completely understands the game either. Nerf the BP gain yes if you're a hero lover but overall the classes and reasonably well balanced. When the devs nerf things they often do an awful job and hit it too hard. So I don't deserve anything my friend and I'm quite good enough thanks. Enjoy.
  • Absolutely pathetic, again, the lowest common denominator wins out with their ceaseless whining, moaning, and crying. It's literally killing this game. These scrubs fail to realize that tearing something balanced down won't make them rise up and suddenly be good. All it ends up with is more headache for people like the Failed Matchmaking system, Countless game-breaking Hero Nerfs (Mauls still not the same), and even further narrowing of the already pathetic line-up of viable weapons and star cards. I'm sick of it. Enough, how about we buff some of the other classes abilities to get BPs instead of effing everyone else over.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I apologize if my story upsets "elite" players. I am not one of you. I am a persistent player but not a very good one. With Officers, I've never bothered with Bounty Hunter card cause I thought buffing my skills and attributes would make me a better player than rushing for battle points for heroes. I was wrong.

    With all the scrum over Officers, I decided to choose Bounty Hunter with Officer Presence and Recharge Command. I'm level 70 , all purple cards. On Naboo, my BP raced into 15K before I got to play Leia. I didn't last long in the open. By the last phase defending the throne room, I chose Rey. With Mind Trick, rushed in and burned anything standing.

    I finished the game with 3rd highest score. Only 1 or 2 other times in GA have I topped the top 5 and never better than 4th. No, I'm not for nerfing the Officer. I like to have fun too.
  • KresusFIN
    2716 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    RubyOx wrote: »
    I apologize if my story upsets "elite" players. I am not one of you. I am a persistent player but not a very good one. With Officers, I've never bothered with Bounty Hunter card cause I thought buffing my skills and attributes would make me a better player than rushing for battle points for heroes. I was wrong.

    With all the scrum over Officers, I decided to choose Bounty Hunter with Officer Presence and Recharge Command. I'm level 70 , all purple cards. On Naboo, my BP raced into 15K before I got to play Leia. I didn't last long in the open. By the last phase defending the throne room, I chose Rey. With Mind Trick, rushed in and burned anything standing.

    I finished the game with 3rd highest score. Only 1 or 2 other times in GA have I topped the top 5 and never better than 4th. No, I'm not for nerfing the Officer. I like to have fun too.

    Ditch Presence. Put Resourceful up there instead. Then ditch Bounty Hunter and put something... Actually useful on there. Attacking objectives that need you to constantly "arm" them like on Endor? Squad Shield / Defuser. Or both.

    Presence is garbage, and BH is "just 20%". You're better served by the increased rates of recharge.
    Absolutely pathetic, again, the lowest common denominator wins out with their ceaseless whining, moaning, and crying. It's literally killing this game. These scrubs fail to realize that tearing something balanced down won't make them rise up and suddenly be good. All it ends up with is more headache for people like the Failed Matchmaking system, Countless game-breaking Hero Nerfs (Mauls still not the same), and even further narrowing of the already pathetic line-up of viable weapons and star cards. I'm sick of it. Enough, how about we buff some of the other classes abilities to get BPs instead of effing everyone else over.

    "Everyone gets a trophy. :) "
    Because apparently, feelings matter more than facts and logic.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • RubyOx wrote: »
    I apologize if my story upsets "elite" players. I am not one of you. I am a persistent player but not a very good one. With Officers, I've never bothered with Bounty Hunter card cause I thought buffing my skills and attributes would make me a better player than rushing for battle points for heroes. I was wrong.

    With all the scrum over Officers, I decided to choose Bounty Hunter with Officer Presence and Recharge Command. I'm level 70 , all purple cards. On Naboo, my BP raced into 15K before I got to play Leia. I didn't last long in the open. By the last phase defending the throne room, I chose Rey. With Mind Trick, rushed in and burned anything standing.

    I finished the game with 3rd highest score. Only 1 or 2 other times in GA have I topped the top 5 and never better than 4th. No, I'm not for nerfing the Officer. I like to have fun too.

    Rey is an absolute points machine... much > Officer. Secondly, Resourceful/Bounty Hunter/Command is a superior build to anything with Officers Presence.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    RubyOx wrote: »
    I apologize if my story upsets "elite" players. I am not one of you. I am a persistent player but not a very good one. With Officers, I've never bothered with Bounty Hunter card cause I thought buffing my skills and attributes would make me a better player than rushing for battle points for heroes. I was wrong.

    With all the scrum over Officers, I decided to choose Bounty Hunter with Officer Presence and Recharge Command. I'm level 70 , all purple cards. On Naboo, my BP raced into 15K before I got to play Leia. I didn't last long in the open. By the last phase defending the throne room, I chose Rey. With Mind Trick, rushed in and burned anything standing.

    I finished the game with 3rd highest score. Only 1 or 2 other times in GA have I topped the top 5 and never better than 4th. No, I'm not for nerfing the Officer. I like to have fun too.

    Rey is an absolute points machine... much > Officer. Secondly, Resourceful/Bounty Hunter/Command is a superior build to anything with Officers Presence.

    This. A good way to play Rey is to just stick to relative safety around the frontlines and keep Insight on as much as you can.

    You even get assists for each enemy killed that Insight reveals!
    Imagine that! A mary-sue in the movies. An essential part of any LS comp in game ^_^
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Yeah I guess we should just embrace the participation trophy class?

    Heck with it. I'm switching to Officer 100% of the time starting tonight.

    I'm going to use Officer's Presence though. I'm going to still get a load of BP. I like being able to aid my teammates in their healing. I'm not looking for heroes though...I'll be in Armor and Speeders. You'll still get that healing bonus when you're around me!

    See you all out on the Officer-front!
  • AzorAhai wrote: »
    Yeah I guess we should just embrace the participation trophy class?

    Heck with it. I'm switching to Officer 100% of the time starting tonight.

    I'm going to use Officer's Presence though. I'm going to still get a load of BP. I like being able to aid my teammates in their healing. I'm not looking for heroes though...I'll be in Armor and Speeders. You'll still get that healing bonus when you're around me!

    See you all out on the Officer-front!

    Genuinely wouldn't mind Officer's Presence being a feature if driving something tiny like a speeder, or an AT-RT.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    AzorAhai wrote: »
    Yeah I guess we should just embrace the participation trophy class?

    Heck with it. I'm switching to Officer 100% of the time starting tonight.

    I'm going to use Officer's Presence though. I'm going to still get a load of BP. I like being able to aid my teammates in their healing. I'm not looking for heroes though...I'll be in Armor and Speeders. You'll still get that healing bonus when you're around me!

    See you all out on the Officer-front!

    Genuinely wouldn't mind Officer's Presence being a feature if driving something tiny like a speeder, or an AT-RT.

    I've just recently learned how to use the AT-RT. That's a bargain at 300bp! Can't believe I took so long to come around to Armor!
  • walter
    30 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I like the officer as is. Sure, I may be biased as I play officer 80% of the time, but I never complained or stopped being near the top in BP and kills with the class even after 3-4 different class nerfs. I put in a lot of effort every game to be number 1. If anything I would argue that the other classes need a buff to BP gain instead of an officer BP nerf. The officer is a support. That is what I do, and I do it well which is why I get so much BP with the class. Give the snipers BP for spotting (or more BP if they do), extra BP with kills for assault, suppression or damage taken BP for heavy. These are just some possible concepts which would probably be more beneficial than yet another nerf. Play around with some possible set-ups. Stop with the nerfs, it makes the game less fun. Let's face it that most of us just want a hero so making it incredibly more difficult for everyone to achieve one is an unsatisfactory result. The problem isn't that the officer gets BP to easily, just that the other classes have the inability to compete. Give them that ability. No nerf necessary. Problem solved. (Mostly) Everyone is happy.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.
    I main Officer. I'm in the middle zone of the argument. I don't think Officers are unstoppable juggernauts that need to be nerfed into dust, but they're also problematic in several ways.

    First, their BP gain is much higher than the other classes, which leads hero-worshippers to play Officers all the time just as a stepping-stone to heroes. Rather than nerfing Officer BP gain, increase the BP gain of others -- more points for Assault Scan Darts, for Heavy Defender, for Specialist Scrambles.

    Also, I can see some merit in what people say about the flash grenade needing at least a slight nerf. I once suggested dividing the effects between the base grenade and the Improved card -- base card blinds and slows longer, Improved card splits and does more damage but doesn't blind or slow as long.

    I agree. I always go for re-enforcements, so I feel required to play the office 80% of the time. It would probably drop to 45% of the time, and I'd get to work on my other classes a lot more.
  • I think all other classes should gain a buff. Like for example
    Assault should gain small battle points for just killing people. Assaulting the front lines is their job.
    Heavy class should gain small battle points for attacking or defending the objective. Supporting the objective is their role
    Specialist should gain small amount for spotting enemies and kills with infiltration. As scouting is their role along with sneaking behind enemy lines.

    @F8RGE
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Just about the bp gain right?

    Yes.

    Nerf Officers Presence... it is super insane BP for doing NOTHING!!!! It is 100% game breaking stuff.
  • We need to abandon this 'Officer' nonsense at once! I've no idea if their BP is OP because it doesn't matter, the Dev's don't have time to be running around nerfing and buffing things because quite sensibly they'll be busily working on bringing Cargo and Dropzone to BF2.
    Where any class can earn as much BP as their heart desires, they just can't spend it on anything as their will be no Heroes or reinforcements.
    Voila problem solved, consider this thread closed.
    Your quite welcome peeps
    ml1m54z1xdqv.jpg
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Just about the bp gain right?

    Yes.

    Nerf Officers Presence... it is super insane BP for doing NOTHING!!!! It is 100% game breaking stuff.

    Doing nothing? I'm wasting a slot to give my team 40% extra regen. That is not NOTHING. It is a card for SUPPORT. You may not notice the difference but when I don't have my regen I surely notice the difference in my survival capabilities. Without the BP it gives me, I and many others would have little incentive to ever use it, and would probably rather spam fully upgraded flashes. It would be unwise to nerf it because it would just become another unused card. Nerfing is not necessary if the other classes are brought up to the same playing field BP wise.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Just about the bp gain right?

    Yes.

    Nerf Officers Presence... it is super insane BP for doing NOTHING!!!! It is 100% game breaking stuff.

    The other day, I went on a 97 killstreak in the first 30 seconds of the game...

    ….an Officer still beat me to the hero by hitting recharge command twice and laying dead in a chokepoint.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Disagree. Officer is under investigation.

    Just about the bp gain right?

    Yes.

    Nerf Officers Presence... it is super insane BP for doing NOTHING!!!! It is 100% game breaking stuff.

    LOL YES NERF IT!!!!!!
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • rollind24
    5579 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Why worry about it anyways? BPs have been reduced and I suspect we’re going to have more hero’s unleashed events. I’ve advocated for getting rid of the song and dance of troopers and BPs before.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Mk, well there’s a difference between a pro officer and a noob officer. The noobs just die all the time from pro players. So just practice and get better with the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!