criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Focused Feedback: General Grievous

Replies

• For got to mention earlier but the animation for unrelenting advance doesn't show for other players looking at grievous but for like a second. After the initial start of rotation the lightsabers are static.
  • In the xbox Unrelenting advance is broken.

Does not block.

Disagree, I'm on XBOX One and I block everything. The fact is if you are out of stamina, every single shot will go through your defense. This is not true with the lightsaber, you can still block everything.
  • GREVIOUS is OP. Yet, NEED's some SERIOUS UPGRADE.
  • Grievous32 wrote: »
    In the xbox Unrelenting advance is broken.

Does not block.

Disagree, I'm on XBOX One and I block everything. The fact is if you are out of stamina, every single shot will go through your defense. This is not true with the lightsaber, you can still block everything.

It doesn't block lightsaber IME (in my experience).
  • Grievous32
    94 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Grievous32 wrote: »
    In the xbox Unrelenting advance is broken.

Does not block.

It doesn't block lightsaber IME (in my experience).

It's strange, I don't have any problem with this...

Another thing important in my opinion...

The spinning lightsabers should consume very fast the stamina of a Jedi who are blocking the attack
  • il96
    583 posts Member
    This week is GG hunting season!! Any opposing hero destroys him.
    Love his look
    Love his Emotes
    Love his voice
    Victory poses are a little "big" on the screen

He will take some getting used to, ill bet in a month he'll be a real menace in GA and a real pain to take down with his escape-ability and high jumping
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    Looks like there are force ghosts or something because thrust surge does nothing and is a death sentence

You're doing it wrong. You have to lock on first

Even when it is (I assume it's the new bar at the bottom) it still does nothing
  • il96 wrote: »
    Love his look
    Love his Emotes
    Love his voice

He will take some getting used to, ill bet in a month he'll be a real menace in GA and a real pain to take down with his escape-ability and high jumping

I think HvV is his strength actually. For me I feel like he jumps lower than Maul and Kylo.
  • i wish we could cancel is abilities with the dodge button.
  • il96
    583 posts Member
    Havn't tried HvV yet, but i tried to hit Grevious from perfect assault rifle range and i notice he moved quite frightening, he dodges like a spider.
    I foresee a lot of Claw rushes towards troopers into a Thrust Surge combo once players get a hold of the controls
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • il96 wrote: »
    Love his look
    Love his Emotes
    Love his voice

I think HvV is his strength actually. For me I feel like he jumps lower than Maul and Kylo.

Confirmed. He pretty much can't reach the top of certain huts on Kashyyyk in HvV that Kylo and Maul easily reach. I say "pretty much" because I wasn't willing to try a 5th time during combat.
  • WorldShuffle
    296 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @F8RGE
    Do not Introduce future heroes only on one side!!! Everyone is leaving the game if they don’t can play as Grievous!!
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Can you also please make Grievous move forward with each strike in the same way the rest of the lightsaber users do - he kind of stays much more in place as he swings and it's harder to close in on opponents
  • I've only played with him on hvv, but here are my impressions so far.

His animations take too long for his abilities. It's more beneficial to not use his abilities at all.

Sometimes he blocks, sometimes he doesn't. I still have stamina, I'm mindful of the bar, so it must be a bug.

Similarly, I feel a delay when attacking with him, and sometimes he doesn't swing at all. He just stands there.

Unrelenting advance needs work. It's very slow, you take alot of damage, and it doesn't deal very much damage. Even when using it in a narrow hallway situation (which I think it was designed for) it hardly did any damage while I took alot. Also, when watching grievous use unrelenting advance as someone else, there is no animation. He just walks forward with 4 arms out. Cool concept, needs work.

Claw rush is really cool. It works pretty well, and can be invaluable when escaping. Something that is truly unique to him. Good job. One critique though is that the animation to get out of it takes a while and can cause alot of damage to him.

Thrust surge seems to have similar problems to Kylo's frenzy, in that it does not always target people correctly. Sometimes I fly by them, sometimes I dont move at all, sometimes I clearly hit them but do no damage. Very unreliable.

Overall, currently I'd say Grievous is an "ok" villain in hvv. He is pretty slow, his swing speed is slow, but if utilized correctly his survivability is high. He just can't really go toe to toe with anyone right now, but maybe fixes to his abilities will even him out. Going to try him in GA now.
  • Please don't buff or nerf anything. Just fix any bugs and his abilities so they work as intended and he should be perfect. As it stands I don't have any problem using him.
  • I think thrust surge should do more damage. Is it just me or does it seem like GG takes more Blaster damage than other villains? I've played with him several times in hvv now and he is good against other saber users but gets absolutely melted by blasters. Unrelenting Advance seems cool but I don't know if it's just a bug or what , it does very little to no damage and you can't turn while it's active. His deflection stamina is an absolute joke. If he is going to be 10 ft tall and somewhat slow he should have more defense against blasters or take less damage from them. Just my opinion. MTFBWY
  • Please don't buff or nerf anything. Just fix any bugs and his abilities so they work as intended and he should be perfect. As it stands I don't have any problem using him.

Like your post, but I disagree about don't buff Unrelenting Advance... It's not really frightening at all, you can block every hit of the attack with Rey or Luke while you should be out of stamina really fast. Also it deals not enough damage... Not in total, but not often enough I mean. 75 dph okay, but only 5 times in the best case. So 375 damages in total, but it not be 5 hits but maybe one hit per rotation to make a total of 375 damages.

Heroes would just take damages like they take it from blasters, so they're not stun like if they're hit by a lightsaber, they just rush into something making damage quickly. Players should be pushed only if they attack with a lightsaber or with the melee attack.

Also, this is at least something I could regret... I mean, I would not complain if it deals 500 damages in total without star card, 100 dps during 5 s, and have a star card making Unrelenting Advance longer instead of making it more powerful. I really think it's easy to dodge so this is something that needs to be powerful basically to force people to run away from Grievous.
  • awakespace
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Please don't buff or nerf anything. Just fix any bugs and his abilities so they work as intended and he should be perfect. As it stands I don't have any problem using him.

I disagree with this a bit

He should be able to cancel his abilities with a strike or block dash (sorry typo)

Thrust Surge - should cover a bit more distance by default (and of course be fixed so it actually hits and damages its targets consistently)

Unrelenting Advance - needs a lot of work. It should deliver more damage in a linear way, not the current 75hp hit every 1.5 seconds or so way. I think it should drain 100hp at first contact and 100hp per second thereafter. With this change it should be changed in one of the following two ways - either would work.
    1. He should not be able to be damaged at all from the front or sides with blasters, explosive damage, and force abilities - further he should not be stunnable or force affected at all during this ability. He should only be able to be shot or slashed from directly behind.
    2. He should have his standard maneuverability while this ability is active - thus moving and turning at the same speed and being able to jump and dash as well.
    Post edited by awakespace on
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Please don't buff or nerf anything. Just fix any bugs and his abilities so they work as intended and he should be perfect. As it stands I don't have any problem using him.

I disagree with this a bit

He should be able to cancel his abilities with a strike or block

Thrust Surge - should cover a bit more distance by default (and of course be fixed so it actually hits and damages its targets consistently)

Unrelenting Advance - needs a lot of work. It should deliver more damage in a linear way, not the current 75hp hit every 1.5 seconds or so way. I think it should drain 100hp at first contact and 100hp per second thereafter. With this change it should be changed in one of the following two ways - either would work.
    1. He should not be able to be damaged at all from the front or sides with blasters, explosive damage, and force abilities - further he should not be stunnable or force affected at all during this ability. He should only be able to be shot or slashed from directly behind.
    2. He should have his standard maneuverability while this ability is active - thus moving and turning at the same speed and being able to jump and dash as well.

I was think maybe 360dps would be nice, because people arent gonna stand there for a whole second. Maybe the slower he moves, the more damage it does. But then they'd have to allow us to adjust his speed. Because realistically, no one will stand there for 2 seconds. Heck, not many will stand there for 1 second.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I’ve noticed his scurry is a bit harder to control than other dash actions, I’m curious of mind trick will effect it. I’ve had a couple bugs with his ability that impales with all four sabers and it not registering damage. I feel like for any infantry cept maybe enforcers that should baba OHK. I mean four sabers to the chest is brutal. The unrelenting advance is leaving grevious more exposed than is worth using. This is all my experience in arcade familiarizing myself with the General. Hope it helps! Thanks @F8RGE

Having revisited the General today in HvV I can say that most of these issues I experienced in arcade are in multiplayer too. His Thrust feels like it could be much better. In its targeting and damage. It feels like it does an unrealistically small amount of damage for being stabbed four times in the chest. I must say I like the claw ability and that it works and I use it much more than I thought I ever would. But unrelenting advance is quite disappointing in performance despite being potentially his best ability if brought up to parr with other heroes and villains.
  • This thread just becomes a repeat after the first few pages..

To summarize Ben: It's quite clear that the only REAL issues are that the majority of his abilities don't work. Fix those, and he's perfectly fine how he is. Good job on the whole.

P.s. Reduce his coughing a little too, we get the point, it's a cool nod to a qwerk of his, but it gets damn annoying played over and over.
  • Cadoth
    1179 posts Member
    He takes WAY too much damage from blasters, a few shots in GA and he is dead.

And also in HvH this can be a problem, I played with him a few moments ago and Han and Lando melted me without taking a single strike from me. He also needs a longer “autoguided strike” distance because now it’s really difficult to hit a hero with a complete combo unless you make an ambush and attack them from behind
  • Cadoth
    1179 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    And also, has anyone of you noticed that with this new update the lightsaber fight sistem has became really buggy and uncomfortable?
  • I feel like Unrelenting Advance should be an absolute menace to come up against. I don't think saber hits OR blaster shots should break the attack; it should be something where the enemy has to get out of the way and work their way around Grievous before dealing damage, or just run for cover.

I'm still a little confused on Thrust Surge; it sounds like you have to aim in on the person you want to attack and wait for the blue and green lights to flash, and then you strike, but it seems like I do it and I still miss. Am I doing something wrong here? It also seems to take a while to lock on with it, but I'm pretty sure his cards can fix that.

Claw Rush is almost 100% perfect the way it is; it can knock enemies over and deal damage, and make Grievous move very fast, a good alternative to his basic move speed. I find that the most useful way to play as Grievous is to use Claw Rush to knock down/damage enemies, and then use the primary attack to do the rest. Unrelenting Advance (at least to me) is pretty much useless at this point in time, but if it deflects shots and saber attacks easily and deals more damage, it'd be pretty good too. (I've seen quite a few times that the lightsabers barely do any damage and those nearby can just melee Grievous to death.)

All in all, Grievous is a pretty good hero. The model, emotes, skin, and poses are all amazing, and he moves at a fair speed and does pretty good basic damage. The Claw Rush is also good; I think that the other two abilities do need some fixes though, which seem to be on the way. Also, I think that something should be done about the stuns, because Grievous can simply be stunned and taken out of his ability (no matter how far along you are in using it). Maybe when his using an ability he is invulnerable to stuns? I don't know, but it seems like something should be changed about it. But still, Grievous is a great hero and I'm beginning to like him more and more. It's definitely a great feeling to have a new hero in the game. Can't wait for November's content. Keep up the great work @F8RGE!
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • General Grevious
    Needs a buff.
    When I mean buff I mean a fix to all his animations and star cards. I just had 29 kill streak full health, and was glitched into his thrust surge like Vader’s choke, causing me to be killed. Alike from his animations being 50/50 his star cards do the same. With sith trained and cowardly retreat work half of the time. So please hotfix this! Remove him from game if need be as I don’t want this to be another vader problem or any hero problem with star cards not properly working and nothing is ever done about it.
  • gibran5000
    77 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    this dude has some good points

all of his attacks seem sluggish making it hard to combo and leaving him vulnerable. claw rush should be an automatic kd imo. and maybe even stun break. half the time when using claw rush i just run into people and it stops me in my tracks for a second like they are a wall and does no push back like in the description. not sure if this is a bug or what but, it should at least push them/interrupt since they can just continue to attack even when they are hit. people can just roll away from thrust surge and it still uses the ability completing the animation leaving you vulnerable once again. unrelenting attack is kind of a waste because all it does is leave you open to attacks.
    Post edited by gibran5000 on
  • He's a good waste of battle points. Useless abilities, handles like a garbage truck, dies within 30 seconds.

yep this. +1 He moves way faster & more formidable in 'Sith''...They spent all this time trying to get Grievous right...and the drop is a litany of glitches ...at a snail's pace that open's him up for quick defeat. Meh. Bored now. Anything else? Maybe some new maps? New blasters? Heroes and villains that live longer than an enforcer?
  • ClavinNatas
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It seems to me like his basic lightsaber attack after sprint is bugged in that there is no combo of attacks like most other saber users. Instead he will do a swing and then a long pause before he can attempt to swing again. Sometimes he does the same sprint saber swing twice when Im not even running causing me to wait longer to use another basic saber swing. Please fix that and give him basic combo swings after a sprint because otherwise that just opens him up to death in an instant as it is now...
  • It seems to me like his basic lightsaber attack after sprint is bugged in that there is no combo of attacks like most other saber users. Instead he will do a swing and then a long pause before he can attempt to swing again. Sometimes he does the same sprint saber swing twice when Im not even running causing me to wait longer to use another basic saber swing. Please fix that and give him basic combo swings after a sprint because otherwise that just opens him up to death in an instant as it is now...

I don't have this problem, and I have a combo after a sprint / attack.
  • 5bborxvz3qm1.jpeg
    rfqrcmsckm3n.jpeg
    Give him a neft with his star cards is so Op.
  • On XBONE here. By far his claw rush was the most useful, although quite hard to control. Could probably live with that, if his other two abilities worked.

After a whole night of playing, I don't think damage ever proc'd with the lunge ability, not to mention that it wouldn't even activate at times when an enemy seemed to be well within range.

His unrelenting advance hardly proc'd damaged either and it was hard to get a sense of him actually blocking blastera successfully. I went up against Leia at one point and between finishing the animation and being able to do a normal attack, she completely obliterated me with her rapid fire. I couldn't tell whether I was stunned/stuck in the animation or if in fact getting out of it was that slow. If it isn't going to actually damage enemies repeatedly, it should at least knock them down. When going up AGAINST Grievous, the unrelenting advance animation looks broken (sabers were not spinning) and it seemed like the player couldn't get out of it. We put him down quite easily once he got stuck in a door way while in that broken animation. Shame.

His normal attacks feel groggy, but that would be bearable maybe if all his abilities actually managed to land damage. When going up against Team Roll For You Life (blaster heroes) the speed of his attacks was particularly annoying without having a reliable ability to throw in the mix and break up the rythm.

I can't make a judgement on his stamina pool right now because I FEEL like it's correct, it's just a matter of fixing everything else so that you can do more than just normal attacks to actually land damage.

I have to admit, getting claw rushed by Grievous has to be one of the most exhilaratingly scary things....every. single. time.
  • He takes WAY too much damage from blasters, a few shots in GA and he is dead.

I don't know why but seem that his 800 health points are not really 800, or that he take more damage than the others. It is a bug maybe? Or maybe is because of his huge hit box? If it for his hit box it should receive a health buff or a damage reduction vs blasters?
  • He can't get out of abilities fast enough. I would like it if he was able to get out of Unrelenting Advance faster, because that ability now seems obsolete, at least in HvV, because when you cancel it you can't get out of it fast enough and you often die.

He also gets stuck in his abilities' animations, which also results a death. For example, you cancel Unrelenting Advance, but you stay in animation and keep walking slowly.

His Thrust Surge, or whatever the nane was, also seems chaotic to me, meaning that it sometimes aim at completely random directions, again resulting in a death.

Otherwise, I like the visuals and the abilities in the sense if that you've succeeded capturing iconic movies if his from the films. I was expecting some flat out boring buffs like with Finn and some generic abilities.
  • New one I noticed last night....Grievous doesn't appear to have a melee? Or at least, he doesn't for me, clicking on R3 did nothing.
  • New one I noticed last night....Grievous doesn't appear to have a melee? Or at least, he doesn't for me, clicking on R3 did nothing.

All saber users don't melee with R3
  • Claw rush won't knock over ai
  • I played some more yesterday, and I' like rectify what I wrote:

It's possible to change direction during his saber spinning ability, but still he gets a bit vulnerable because his mobility is limited. Maybe he should move a bit faster when this ability is on.
  • If anyone is having trouble regularly selecting Grievous on Xbox, I posted in the recruitment section of the forum.
  • spoons10696
    105 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Managed to play some Grievous yesterday and got him to Level 8. What I have found so far is that the crawl attack works well and knocks people over. Once or twice I couldnt break out of it and he crawled right of the side of the ledge :neutral:

I have been trying to get kills with his thrust attack and unrelenting advance but so far only managed 2 kills for thrust and 1 kill for unrelenting even though I used them at EVERY opportunity so its fair to say that they are not very good and I found that the majority of the time they just didnt register. The unrelenting advance attack should deal more damage and I also found it difficult, ok pretty damn hard to turn around while using it!....I mean I know he shouldnt be able to move backwards with it as that defeats the purpose but can it be made easier to turn while using it and also make him move forward faster with it??.....people I am attacking just roll out to the side and beat me to death before I can turn him around and advance on them!....kinda crappy and useless if you ask me.

Other than that he scores pretty good points and once the bugs regarding his two attacks are resolved and with some star card upgrades he could be pretty OP

Like your post, but I disagree about don't buff Unrelenting Advance... It's not really frightening at all, you can block every hit of the attack with Rey or Luke while you should be out of stamina really fast. Also it deals not enough damage... Not in total, but not often enough I mean. 75 dph okay, but only 5 times in the best case. So 375 damages in total, but it not be 5 hits but maybe one hit per rotation to make a total of 375 damages.

Heroes would just take damages like they take it from blasters, so they're not stun like if they're hit by a lightsaber, they just rush into something making damage quickly. Players should be pushed only if they attack with a lightsaber or with the melee attack.

Also, this is at least something I could regret... I mean, I would not complain if it deals 500 damages in total without star card, 100 dps during 5 s, and have a star card making Unrelenting Advance longer instead of making it more powerful. I really think it's easy to dodge so this is something that needs to be powerful basically to force people to run away from Grievous.

I think, though, that this is a function of it not working properly. And remember the ability has a card that increases the damage, as well as one that reduces damage received. But I agree that it should be something actually fearful. As it stands now, any Grievous using it is a sitting duck.

I think, though, that this is a function of it not working properly. And remember the ability has a card that increases the damage, as well as one that reduces damage received. But I agree that it should be something actually fearful. As it stands now, any Grievous using it is a sitting duck.

I know there are 2 cards making him more powerful or more resistant. But just imagine Unrelenting Advance would be already powerful and deadly just like if a hero standing and taking damage from the spinning lightsabers as if taking damage from a flamethrower. His life would just go down very quickly, you don't need to buff the damage from Unrelenting Advance then because it would be already really powerful. BUT, you could extend its duration to TRY to make more damages or to force the Jedi to retreat.

I always thought the stun animation from a lightsaber's hit is a huge mistake to make fluid duel... The lightsabers duel should be faster than that and not only play with dodge and a defense stun... Then it's like this, I'll do with it anyway, but with Unrelenting Advance, the hits should just deal a lot of damages continually without stun the enemy. The only stun animation should be the one you have when you hit the defense of a lightsaber wielder.

NOTE : I still think blaster wielders should also have a stamina to prevent them to roll continually, to prevent them to spam melee attack, and should lost ALL the stamina and some health points when they melee attack a lightsaber in defense mode (except Boba Fett who have less health points than other and dodge with his Jetpack and melee with his flamethrower).

I know there are 2 cards making him more powerful or more resistant. But just imagine Unrelenting Advance would be already powerful and deadly just like if a hero standing and taking damage from the spinning lightsabers as if taking damage from a flamethrower. His life would just go down very quickly, you don't need to buff the damage from Unrelenting Advance then because it would be already really powerful. BUT, you could extend its duration to TRY to make more damages or to force the Jedi to retreat.

I always thought the stun animation from a lightsaber's hit is a huge mistake to make fluid duel... The lightsabers duel should be faster than that and not only play with dodge and a defense stun... Then it's like this, I'll do with it anyway, but with Unrelenting Advance, the hits should just deal a lot of damages continually without stun the enemy. The only stun animation should be the one you have when you hit the defense of a lightsaber wielder.

NOTE : I still think blaster wielders should also have a stamina to prevent them to roll continually, to prevent them to spam melee attack, and should lost ALL the stamina and some health points when they melee attack a lightsaber in defense mode (except Boba Fett who have less health points than other and dodge with his Jetpack and melee with his flamethrower).

Unrelenting Advance leaves him so vulnerable it's not even funny. All a blaster hero has to do is roll away and unload headshots into Grievous' brain.

Unrelenting Advance leaves him so vulnerable it's not even funny. All a blaster hero has to do is roll away and unload headshots into Grievous' brain.

True ! I think he should be able to block lightsabers and deflect shots from a 160° - 180° angle in front of him.
  • When is the fix coming for the hero selection screen that was broken with this update? This game is a mess.
    #StarWars-y
  • I can officially say Grevious is trash in GA, The only viable build there is the 160 dmg card, Higher Regen threshold, and HOK. Unrelenting Advance is a total Self stun that isn't even deadly, troopers can easily run up to you roll behind and unload a tl-50 into your back. Constantly Forced to deactivate and run back, also for some reason or another it's baster block cone is incredibly small. I'm still taking damage from directly in front of me.

Thrust surge opens you up to massive damage, isn't fluid, and has about 30% accuracy on moving targets.

Claw rush is by far his best ability, but has poor control, and too long of an exit animation. Should be cancelable by simply dodging like rey.

It's clear you guys made him underpowered to placate to all the losers who can't handle an actually viable Hero, which grievous isn't even close too. You've effectively made an even more ***** maul, A hero with only one useful ability, and entirely based around hit and run tactics. Except this time it's even worse, with slow movement speed, self-stuns on ALL of his abilities, and easily evadable saber strikes with poor stamina. The only plus side I see here is that, unlike maul, you can't be bullied around by Luke and Rey because you will always win the RT mash.

Stick to the emperor and Bossk, by far the most balanced and most effective Heroes in the game. You will never get past the naboo corridors if yoda's or any wookies are there. Even if you ran the 90% dmg reduction, because by the time you exit the animation your dead.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Needs immediate and massive buffs.

You can start by removing the start up animation on thrust surge, and make it's hit accuracy closer to 90%.

Claw Rush needs to be able to be quickly followed up with an attack, the exit animation is too slow even when manually cancelled. Using it offensively is a bad Idea.

Unrelenting advance needs to be an active buff like Vaders focused rage. Allow Grievous to retain full control over his movement. It needs to hit WAY more times per second, and it actually needs to full block Blaster Fire in like a 230 degree cone.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • for some reason or another it's baster block cone is incredibly small. I'm still taking damage from directly in front of me.

Yes ! That's totally true ! It needs to be 160 to 180° in front of him in my opinion...
  • I agree with others on here that his stamina should be buffed. Three continuous swings of his lightsabers and he's already gassed. Also when blocking his stamina goes away very quickly. Even without star cards, Grievous is like 90% cybernetic - machines shouldn't tire out after swinging blades that are primarily made of light only three times.

I know that Dice doesn't really "change" abilities outside of modifying their stats (just adjusting numbers and such). However, I do think it would be extraordinarily cool for Thrust Surge to allow Grievous to keep all four blades out for a short period in which he deals double damage but swings a tad slower.

Also not having the emote "This will make a fine addition to my collection" was such a missed opportunity!

Anyways, Grievous looks gorgeous, plays well, and I'm so glad this game still has support after everything it's been through. Being a day-one launch fan, I have to say I'm glad I stuck around.