criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

1101113151629

Replies

  • Stop putting me in a lobby that has me be the damn light side twice. I'd like to upgrade grievous.....
  • as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. ....
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Are people also mentioning how EORM ruins the squad system playing with friends? You are always with a random squad when you first load into a game even if you are grouped before the match starts, then when you switch directions you can spawn on your friend(s). However since EORM researches after every map, you are always not with your friends the first direction and then with them the second. Over and over...

    Yes, I mentioned it in my report. Empty lobbies, no functioning map rotation, not spawning in same squad as your friend and also ending up in different game modes as well as foreigner servers.
  • bitingaardvark
    xbox
    USA
    I actually really like the EOR matchmaking
  • Couldn't resist seeing if things have improved... now it seems to be matchmaking after every game... it's even worse. Shouldn't have taken RDR2 out of the console.
  • camerog wrote: »
    bitingaardvark
    xbox
    USA
    I actually really like the EOR matchmaking

    Added to the xbox live block list
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    Stop putting me in a lobby that has me be the **** light side twice. I'd like to upgrade grievous.....

    Try five times in a row.
  • Ok I saw this in another thread, DICE please create a poll so that we can vote on whether or not we are in favor of EOR MM.
  • Liz4rD
    1146 posts Member
    Up to date:

    Gameplay:

    - GA is more balanced and fun to play atm. More intense combats, more ppl attacking or defending objetives or strategic positions. More players involved in action at the same time. More matches ending in epic fights on last phase. Some steamrolling but no balancing system or game mechanics grants equal skill and always balanced gameplay on different circumstances.
    - SA is more or less the same, but that is good because It always was a fantastic game mode (more maps please!).
    - HvV is generally fun, but damaged with noob players that dont even bother in learning the basics, runners or exploiters, although in my case Im lucky to say that these are just a few. Better lightsaber combat would be appreciated (along with more team play on the players side).
    - Blast is super fun to play, but imho It would be better without the spawn timer (spawn timer = 0).
    - Strike got way better with the squad system, and objective based matches with few players and only infantry is a mode this game needs to care about (more maps would be really great).
    - Extraction has always been fun, but just 2 maps? seriously?
    - Hero SF Showdown, fun, but it needs some improving like a kill counter and respawn for the hero ships. Needs to transform into Hero SF Blast or Hero SF Strike (a team deathmatch or an objective based hero starfighter mode)
    - Hero Showdown. Its ok as it is, and a way to have those pro skills really on test.
    - Ewok Hunt. Well done but meh about its gameplay.


    EOR Matchmaking System

    - Ive had most of the problems reported here: longer waits to get a match, getting into empty or almost empty lobbies, forced to leave full servers to almost empty lobbies that never filled, problems to join the same squad with my friends party, some bad lag at moments. Ive had all these in all the modes. And even I had the 'play on the same side twice in a row' thing on Heroes vs Villains at least three times.
    - In GA the EOR MM is fine when you are always in a full server, better game mechanics brought more fun and balanced games (at least in my experience).
    - In SA EOR MM is awful, because every 2 or three maps destroys the lobby and ruin the game experience, forcing me to quit and research for a match. I guess that is because this is a game mode not so populated as others in the game.
    - HvV. Im my experience EOR MM hasnt sent me to an empty lobby or almost empty lobby, I always find a game, and when EOR MM gets in action at the end of the round most of the times Im on a new lobby but with the most of the players I was in the match before, and no much waiting time to get new players for the free slots. I have to say is somewhat annoying to play on the same side two times in a row (It happened to me up to three times yesterday).
    - Blast. Sometimes it took a while to find a lobby and sometimes add more time to get it full and ready to start the match, but when done I was generally able to play up to 7 or 8 matches without interruption, just a few seconds between maps for the server to get a few players for the free slots, but even noticeable.
    - Strike, super long times to get a match. And pretty difficult to play map after map without waiting several minutes because I was lauched to empty/almost empty lobbies. Very frustrating.
    - Extraction. Same as Strike.
    - Hero SF Showdown. Almost impossible to get a match and when getting one, same as Strike or Extraction, I always end on quitting and play other game mode instead.
    - Hero Showdown. Same problems as with Hero SF SD or Blast etc.
    - Ewok Hunt, I barely play this mode.


    Some positive feedback

    Here today is holiday (All Saints Day holiday) and last night I went to bed at 5 am so I spent almost all night playing BF. I played mostly GA and I must say it was really really fun. Always full servers, and when EOR MM System searched for a new lobby most of the players in the new lobby were from the last one, and the server filled up very fast and matches were one after the other, really fun matches. I went to bed because at 5 am I was really exhausted but I didnt want to because I was having so much fun!.
  • EightMile
    1889 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Liz4rD wrote: »
    Up to date:

    Gameplay:

    - GA is more balanced and fun to play atm. More intense combats, more ppl attacking or defending objetives or strategic positions. More players involved in action at the same time. More matches ending in epic fights on last phase. Some steamrolling but no balancing system or game mechanics grants equal skill and always balanced gameplay on different circumstances.
    - SA is more or less the same, but that is good because It always was a fantastic game mode (more maps please!).
    - HvV is generally fun, but damaged with noob players that dont even bother in learning the basics, runners or exploiters, although in my case Im lucky to say that these are just a few. Better lightsaber combat would be appreciated (along with more team play on the players side).
    - Blast is super fun to play, but imho It would be better without the spawn timer (spawn timer = 0).
    - Strike got way better with the squad system, and objective based matches with few players and only infantry is a mode this game needs to care about (more maps would be really great).
    - Extraction has always been fun, but just 2 maps? seriously?
    - Hero SF Showdown, fun, but it needs some improving like a kill counter and respawn for the hero ships. Needs to transform into Hero SF Blast or Hero SF Strike (a team deathmatch or an objective based hero starfighter mode)
    - Hero Showdown. Its ok as it is, and a way to have those pro skills really on test.
    - Ewok Hunt. Well done but meh about its gameplay.


    EOR Matchmaking System

    - Ive had most of the problems reported here: longer waits to get a match, getting into empty or almost empty lobbies, forced to leave full servers to almost empty lobbies that never filled, problems to join the same squad with my friends party, some bad lag at moments. Ive had all these in all the modes. And even I had the 'play on the same side twice in a row' thing on Heroes vs Villains at least three times.
    - In GA the EOR MM is fine when you are always in a full server, better game mechanics brought more fun and balanced games (at least in my experience).
    - In SA EOR MM is awful, because every 2 or three maps destroys the lobby and ruin the game experience, forcing me to quit and research for a match. I guess that is because this is a game mode not so populated as others in the game.
    - HvV. Im my experience EOR MM hasnt sent me to an empty lobby or almost empty lobby, I always find a game, and when EOR MM gets in action at the end of the round most of the times Im on a new lobby but with the most of the players I was in the match before, and no much waiting time to get new players for the free slots. I have to say is somewhat annoying to play on the same side two times in a row (It happened to me up to three times yesterday).
    - Blast. Sometimes it took a while to find a lobby and sometimes add more time to get it full and ready to start the match, but when done I was generally able to play up to 7 or 8 matches without interruption, just a few seconds between maps for the server to get a few players for the free slots, but even noticeable.
    - Strike, super long times to get a match. And pretty difficult to play map after map without waiting several minutes because I was lauched to empty/almost empty lobbies. Very frustrating.
    - Extraction. Same as Strike.
    - Hero SF Showdown. Almost impossible to get a match and when getting one, same as Strike or Extraction, I always end on quitting and play other game mode instead.
    - Hero Showdown. Same problems as with Hero SF SD or Blast etc.
    - Ewok Hunt, I barely play this mode.


    Some positive feedback

    Here today is holiday (All Saints Day holiday) and last night I went to bed at 5 am so I spent almost all night playing BF. I played mostly GA and I must say it was really really fun. Always full servers, and when EOR MM System searched for a new lobby most of the players in the new lobby were from the last one, and the server filled up very fast and matches were one after the other, really fun matches. I went to bed because at 5 am I was really exhausted but I didnt want to because I was having so much fun!.

    Amazing feedback. You are very lucky to have no issues with being put into empty lobbies. Players like you are why DICE implemented the eor mm. You should play the lotto because you seem to have much better luck than most people here.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • bfloo wrote: »
    The limited map events are dumb.

    THIS!! This this this, one million times this.

    Who in the world does an "event" and limits content?? You know what would have been an event, ADDING night mode to other maps. That would have been a cool Halloween event.

    Well I guess this is the Trick instead of the Treat...
  • blothgar wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    The limited map events are dumb.

    THIS!! This this this, one million times this.

    Who in the world does an "event" and limits content?? You know what would have been an event, ADDING night mode to other maps. That would have been a cool Halloween event.

    Well I guess this is the Trick instead of the Treat...

    I see your point...
  • Draco_RSA
    513 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Sooooo, the match making change you made this morning was to delete the south african server?? Thanks now I have no choice but to play with a 220 ms ping. Thanks for nothing Dice.

    Saw you deleted some other servers too...
  • They just shut down the Ireland and South Africa servers, forcing us in South Africa to play on Germany servers with a 195 ping... No thanks. I am done with this game. Well done EA, you just killed Battlefront for me.
  • Where is the SA server? Wanted to play with a few budies that we put together to add more to the SA server and now it is missing altogether?
  • blothgar wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.

    Not true. I'm a casual Xbox player and I come to the forums to find tips or, in this case, find out why I'm only getting 4 maps in GA instead of a full rotation.

    You are not a casual player. In the threads and posts you have made you demonstrate much more knowledge of the game than a casual player would have.
    blothgar wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.

    Not true. I'm a casual Xbox player and I come to the forums to find tips or, in this case, find out why I'm only getting 4 maps in GA instead of a full rotation.

    You are not a casual player. In the threads and posts you have made you demonstrate much more knowledge of the game than a casual player would have.

    Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I don’t think being intelligent (forgive the humblebrag) makes me any less casual. This is the first I’ve played in three months. We probably have different definitions of casual. My terrible skill level makes me casual 😂🤣
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it means they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    In game polling is not to be assumed as “accurate”. Kids play this game as well. They’re just gonna hit a button to get past the screen that’s stopping them from playing. There is also a large amount of users out there who probably rarely play or play very causally and don’t pay attention to the details of how the game works. They may not even know a change occurred and thus their input would be inaccurate.

    It doesn’t have to been on a load screen that requires an answer to get back. It could be a featured item on the home screen. Also, questions could be formulated in a way that the player needs no knowledge of game mechanics to ***** validity.

    For example: Do you like the matchmaking feature? Then ask quality of life questions such as “were you loaded into an empty lobby? Do you feel your matches were balanced or one sided? Etc. There’s probably better questions but it could be done in three well-designed questions that would take no time to answer.
  • blothgar wrote: »
    blothgar wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.

    Not true. I'm a casual Xbox player and I come to the forums to find tips or, in this case, find out why I'm only getting 4 maps in GA instead of a full rotation.

    You are not a casual player. In the threads and posts you have made you demonstrate much more knowledge of the game than a casual player would have.
    blothgar wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.

    Not true. I'm a casual Xbox player and I come to the forums to find tips or, in this case, find out why I'm only getting 4 maps in GA instead of a full rotation.

    You are not a casual player. In the threads and posts you have made you demonstrate much more knowledge of the game than a casual player would have.

    Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I don’t think being intelligent (forgive the humblebrag) makes me any less casual. This is the first I’ve played in three months. We probably have different definitions of casual. My terrible skill level makes me casual 😂🤣

    I need to agree with this. I consider myself exceptionally mediocre.

    ..I just read what star cards do, know the maps, "remember" how the opposition tends to charge and where the majority approach from, and listen to folks wiser and better than me :dizzy:
    I don't have a childish hard-on for heroes (Lightsabers. Who are we kidding?) either. A hero with a dedicated recharge is capable of an incredible amount. Provided the rest of the team aren't clowns.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    blothgar wrote: »
    blothgar wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.

    Not true. I'm a casual Xbox player and I come to the forums to find tips or, in this case, find out why I'm only getting 4 maps in GA instead of a full rotation.

    You are not a casual player. In the threads and posts you have made you demonstrate much more knowledge of the game than a casual player would have.
    blothgar wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    its obvious the community dont like this EOR MM garbage very few people like it and the ones that do I question there sanity.
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, I love when the self appointed arbiters of "the community" decide to proclaim what "the community" likes/dislikes.

    Look at the first page and tell me the community likes EOR MM.

    Likely over 12 million copies of this game were sold... there is probably less than 100 active users on this forum... to make proclamations about what the games community of players wants based upon the feelings of some users on this board is wildly inaccurate.

    Make all the claims you want about what you like/dislike... or what your friends like/dislike... but you cannot with any shred of credibility claim to speak for the overall community of players, because we have no way to actually measure or poll the community of players (only DICE has that ability through ingame polling).

    12 million copies were sold but there is no way there are more than 300K players playing the game now. Every game I join people are furious in the chat about matchmaking. There are way more than 100 users on the forum also.

    I agree... but I specifically stated "active" users... i.e. people who post regularly and didnt just create an account, post once, and never came back... or who check here once a month to see new patch notes. Several weeks ago the forum briefly showed active users before they turned it off... I saw it several times at different times of the day and it was never above even 50 active users.

    Regardless, the population of these forums is so miniscule and is such an outlier population that you cannot make valid inferences about the overall community of players based upon what we on the forums think, because we are not a representative sample of that population.

    Ok but how the heck can DICE get feedback the players who aren't on here? If a player isn't on the forums, that probably means they don't care about giving DICE feedback. You talk about the community being many players but if they aren't on the forums that means that they don't want to give feedback. DICE can only listen to people who speak and right now the people who speak absolutely despise EOR MM.

    I have suggested multiple times, and I know for a fact it was forwarded to the team, that they should implement in-game polling. When you boot up the game at the main menu say once a month or whatever they would have a simple poll you would answer before playing... say "Do you find the new matchmaking to improve your gameplay? (yes/no)". This is the only way they can accurately assess how the community of players actually playing the game feels about things... it would not be difficult for them to do this, and it blows my mind that they have yet to do this.

    Also you can't presume that because they aren't on the forums it doesn't mean they don't want to give feedback... many players of games, particularly console type games which have historically been seen as more casual, are not even aware that things like gaming forums exist... much less that that would be the correct avenue to provide feedback.

    1. I do like your idea of in game polling
    2. I feel like if they were a hardcore fan they would know about the forums.

    Right... but it is not just the feedback of the hardcore fans they are interested in... I would assume the vast majority of players of any game are not hardcore fans but rather casual fans or just gamers of opportunity who got the game on sale or as a gift or whatever. These forums are probably more representative of the hardcore fans, which is itself likely an outlier to the general population, just as this forum is.

    But GA could be suddenly only populated with ewoks and the casuals wouldn't notice. The casuals don't really care about things like matchmaking IMO.

    Not true. I'm a casual Xbox player and I come to the forums to find tips or, in this case, find out why I'm only getting 4 maps in GA instead of a full rotation.

    You are not a casual player. In the threads and posts you have made you demonstrate much more knowledge of the game than a casual player would have.

    Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I don’t think being intelligent (forgive the humblebrag) makes me any less casual. This is the first I’ve played in three months. We probably have different definitions of casual. My terrible skill level makes me casual 😂🤣

    Provided the rest of the team aren't clowns.

    Half the time they are though.
  • Draco_RSA
    513 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    The only choice we can actually make is to not play a broken game.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    Ohio and England I think were already gone, now they are removing more?
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    Ohio and England I think were already gone, now they are removing more?

    Ireland also removed
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Can we choose what mode we go to? No

    OK, this must have been a mis-type...


    I had the same thing last night - was playing GA and after EOR MM ended up in a HvV lobby!

    No, no. These two must be mistaken, right?...
    Speedjack wrote: »
    Hey i was playing sfassault few minutes ago. Eor mm came and sent me and my friends on an empty lobby for strike! Are you kidding? Impressive, more impressive😔

    OK, I guess this is a thing now? That is priceless.
    I honestly haven't played in almost a week, and when I read things are getting worse, I don't really miss it at all.

    QxQl1zi.gif
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • Liz4rD
    1146 posts Member
    Maybe the 'server elimination' has to do with the connectivity issues EA is suffering since today at noon UTC. Some servers seem to have vanished, but It is plausible that simply they were shutdown (intended or not) because of these issues.

    Now all servers are gone. No game servers from Madden to Battlefield, through FIFA and Battlefront.

    https://downdetector.com/status/ea
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    If I find out this is true I defintly want a refund for this game, getting rid of servers isn't going to stop this farse that is mm, still play same maps and same side over and over, I hope this isn't the case.
  • Blinker wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    If I find out this is true I defintly want a refund for this game, getting rid of servers isn't going to stop this farse that is mm, still play same maps and same side over and over, I hope this isn't the case.

    I'd pay good money to see a fan disgruntled enough to try push for a legal case due to false advertising. Or whatever.

    I'd also like a salary if I'm gonna have to do DICE's job that is playtesting their stuff. Evidently they don't do enough of it themselves, as there is something breaking constantly.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Can we choose what mode we go to? No

    OK, this must have been a mis-type...


    I had the same thing last night - was playing GA and after EOR MM ended up in a HvV lobby!

    No, no. These two must be mistaken, right?...
    Speedjack wrote: »
    Hey i was playing sfassault few minutes ago. Eor mm came and sent me and my friends on an empty lobby for strike! Are you kidding? Impressive, more impressive😔

    OK, I guess this is a thing now? That is priceless.
    I honestly haven't played in almost a week, and when I read things are getting worse, I don't really miss it at all.

    QxQl1zi.gif

    What you see is correct, EoR MM is starting to put people into different modes, I've seen people go from HvV to HS and heard about people in HS going to GA and people from GA going to Strike. Here is a video of Lerodemmy going from HvV to HS.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • bfloo
    16558 posts Member
    So I finally say down for a few hours and SUFFERED through EOR while doing a favor for his friend and watched his 10 year old.

    Aside from an xbox gold issue and the ea dns attack, which took about an hour to solve (2 separate issues, but amusing because it only effected him, despite my X1 being 10 feet away).

    Your username. Hondo Ohnaka 683

    On which platform do you play? X1

    In what region are you located? US East

    What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)

    every time matchmaking kicked in, the lobby was missing players. It always put us into GA, regardless of the mode we started out in

    What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)

    Between 5pm and 8pm est

    What game mode were you playing?

    Ga -- went to empty lobby HvV eor put us to GA after playing both sides waiting for players Ewok Hunt put us to GA after waiting for players

    What ping site you were connected to? Default ~15ping I think it is US-Va

    1st result of EOR
    8jghb75qkdg5.png

    'Fuller lobby'
    oinjd1y72s7r.png


    After HVV
    w3q5cxarhq15.png

    I was playing HvV, I didn't want to search for GA so he could try and level up Grievs a bit.

    The same thing happened after playing Ewok Hunt (which was surprisingly fun after not touching it for a while, but EoR wont let me play more than 1 round.

    To top it off
    olg708vhbpqh.png


    If this is EoR after today's back end 'IMPROVEMENT', I hate to see what you all have suffered through over the last few weeks where the lag kept me from staying in a lobby long enough for EoR to even kick in.

    I will note, there was minimal lag on X1 this evening for me.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Can we choose what mode we go to? No

    OK, this must have been a mis-type...


    I had the same thing last night - was playing GA and after EOR MM ended up in a HvV lobby!

    No, no. These two must be mistaken, right?...
    Speedjack wrote: »
    Hey i was playing sfassault few minutes ago. Eor mm came and sent me and my friends on an empty lobby for strike! Are you kidding? Impressive, more impressive😔

    OK, I guess this is a thing now? That is priceless.
    I honestly haven't played in almost a week, and when I read things are getting worse, I don't really miss it at all.

    QxQl1zi.gif

    What you see is correct, EoR MM is starting to put people into different modes, I've seen people go from HvV to HS and heard about people in HS going to GA and people from GA going to Strike. Here is a video of Lerodemmy going from HvV to HS.

    Low key, this happened to me before, before EORMM. Looks like the issue has become worse.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • bfloo wrote: »
    So I finally say down for a few hours and SUFFERED through EOR while doing a favor for his friend and watched his 10 year old.

    Aside from an xbox gold issue and the ea dns attack, which took about an hour to solve (2 separate issues, but amusing because it only effected him, despite my X1 being 10 feet away).

    Your username. Hondo Ohnaka 683

    On which platform do you play? X1

    In what region are you located? US East

    What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)

    every time matchmaking kicked in, the lobby was missing players. It always put us into GA, regardless of the mode we started out in

    What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)

    Between 5pm and 8pm est

    What game mode were you playing?

    Ga -- went to empty lobby HvV eor put us to GA after playing both sides waiting for players Ewok Hunt put us to GA after waiting for players

    What ping site you were connected to? Default ~15ping I think it is US-Va

    1st result of EOR
    8jghb75qkdg5.png

    'Fuller lobby'
    oinjd1y72s7r.png


    After HVV
    w3q5cxarhq15.png

    I was playing HvV, I didn't want to search for GA so he could try and level up Grievs a bit.

    The same thing happened after playing Ewok Hunt (which was surprisingly fun after not touching it for a while, but EoR wont let me play more than 1 round.

    To top it off
    olg708vhbpqh.png


    If this is EoR after today's back end 'IMPROVEMENT', I hate to see what you all have suffered through over the last few weeks where the lag kept me from staying in a lobby long enough for EoR to even kick in.

    I will note, there was minimal lag on X1 this evening for me.

    It's never done that to me before, but that is pretty bad. Hopefully that gets fixed (getting placed into a different mode).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • It's hard to play for any length of time. At first it was cool since you could grab a beer without being afk, but that wore thin quickly. Thrown in empty servers more often than not and end up giving up. I'm playing way less and not just because the game won't allow me to play.
  • holstar1993
    1509 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    More maps doesnt seem too important when you cant even get to the few existing maps. They have us begging for the tired game we had before. These devs are evil geniuses.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    So I finally say down for a few hours and SUFFERED through EOR while doing a favor for his friend and watched his 10 year old.

    Aside from an xbox gold issue and the ea dns attack, which took about an hour to solve (2 separate issues, but amusing because it only effected him, despite my X1 being 10 feet away).

    Your username. Hondo Ohnaka 683

    On which platform do you play? X1

    In what region are you located? US East

    What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)

    every time matchmaking kicked in, the lobby was missing players. It always put us into GA, regardless of the mode we started out in

    What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)

    Between 5pm and 8pm est

    What game mode were you playing?

    Ga -- went to empty lobby HvV eor put us to GA after playing both sides waiting for players Ewok Hunt put us to GA after waiting for players

    What ping site you were connected to? Default ~15ping I think it is US-Va

    1st result of EOR
    8jghb75qkdg5.png

    'Fuller lobby'
    oinjd1y72s7r.png


    After HVV
    w3q5cxarhq15.png

    I was playing HvV, I didn't want to search for GA so he could try and level up Grievs a bit.

    The same thing happened after playing Ewok Hunt (which was surprisingly fun after not touching it for a while, but EoR wont let me play more than 1 round.

    To top it off
    olg708vhbpqh.png


    If this is EoR after today's back end 'IMPROVEMENT', I hate to see what you all have suffered through over the last few weeks where the lag kept me from staying in a lobby long enough for EoR to even kick in.

    I will note, there was minimal lag on X1 this evening for me.

    Wow just about all the bad things with this system happened to you all in one sitting.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Hello everyone!

    This Megathread created to collect all your feedback regarding the EOR MM system in Star Wars Battlefront II. Please post constructive feedback and answer the following questions:
    1. Your username.
    2. On which platform do you play?
    3. In what region are you located?
    4. What is it you exactly experienced? (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.)
    5. What time did it happen? (Please, be as accurate as possible! We're looking for a day + hour, so we'll be able to perform a thorough investigation.)
    6. What game mode were you playing?
    7. What ping site you were connected to?
    8. (Optional) Any additional feedback?


    You are also welcome to post your feedback at EA Answers HQ forums: Issues with the EOR matchmaking system - examples

    Note: All EOR MM threads will be merged into this Megathread.

    EM---Eightmile
    PS4
    CA West US
    After completed a full round(waited 10minutes to get the first part of the round), I was removed from my full team and placed in a lobby that needed 8 players. All remaining players quit within 1 minute and I was alone in the lobby needing all players. Is this the intended end of round match making?
    8:23 pm PST
    GA
    Ping site West coast CA
    @ F8RGE Turn Eor MM off or make it an option only if I press a button
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • The front page needs to say if there's only going to be 3 maps all weekend. Make different servers if people want to play grievous on clone wars maps only. Thought this was the crap EOR MM til I remembered about the clone wars map weekend after grievous
  • Blinker wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    If I find out this is true I defintly want a refund for this game, getting rid of servers isn't going to stop this farse that is mm, still play same maps and same side over and over, I hope this isn't the case.

    I can confirm that the South African and Ireland servers were removed along with the UK one that was removed previously. Thanks Dice...
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    If I find out this is true I defintly want a refund for this game, getting rid of servers isn't going to stop this farse that is mm, still play same maps and same side over and over, I hope this isn't the case.

    I can confirm that the South African and Ireland servers were removed along with the UK one that was removed previously. Thanks Dice...

    So it is not a general issue with servers, it's a feature ? ...someone really shoot himself in the knee there...

    Instead of takeing EOR MM off, makeing it optional via the button that is allready even there... they are taking down servers and think this will solve it...

    a Hint then, DICE leave only one server, then no one will complain about broken map rotation (or not existing map rotation as it is now...), a free tip, as already we are a free QA team.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Maybe the 'server elimination' has to do with the connectivity issues EA is suffering since today at noon UTC. Some servers seem to have vanished, but It is plausible that simply they were shutdown (intended or not) because of these issues.

    Now all servers are gone. No game servers from Madden to Battlefield, through FIFA and Battlefront.

    https://downdetector.com/status/ea

    Yeah, I couldn't connect at all last night.
  • MCA26
    183 posts Member
    Your username. MCA26
    On which platform do you play? PS4
    In what region are you located? Australia
    What is it you exactly experienced? Joining an empty lobby on Strike, Blast, Extraction, Ewok Hunt, Starfight assault.
    What time did it happen? ALL THE TIME SINCE JULY.
    What game mode were you playing? Strike, Blast, Extraction, Ewok Hunt, Starfight assault.
    What ping site you were connected to? Australia, but none of them work.
    (Optional) Any additional feedback? It sucks. And it's been months and months of reporting the problem and still nothing.
  • DARTH_TED
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    1. DARTHTED76
    2. PS4
    3. Chicago
    4. ALL of this: (Joining an empty lobby, long wait for a match, broken map rotation, difficult matchmaking in a group, etc.) leaving fully loaded Games to an empty Lobby.
    5. ALL hours of the day and night.
    6. Blast.
    7. No idea.
    8. PLEASE turn it off. There was nothing wrong with the way it worked before. I just want to be able play every map in a row win or lose. Literally have not played more than two games in a row in two weeks without having to exit and re-join.
  • EV02AAA wrote: »
    Ah so it finally makes sense.

    They want to reduce their costs by closing servers down. To do this they need a way of shoehorning the player base together onto fewer servers and that's why they are persisting with this God awful, broken EoR MM system.

    I think you are 100% correct. This is all about shutting down servers and saving money. Doesn't matter that we already paid a hefty price for the game.
  • DarthJ
    6901 posts Member
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    EV02AAA wrote: »
    Ah so it finally makes sense.

    They want to reduce their costs by closing servers down. To do this they need a way of shoehorning the player base together onto fewer servers and that's why they are persisting with this God awful, broken EoR MM system.

    I think you are 100% correct. This is all about shutting down servers and saving money. Doesn't matter that we already paid a hefty price for the game.

    A year in...pretty sad overall isn't it.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • jonci
    1266 posts Member
    so3q37a3zaid.jpg
    nuff said
  • Was playing HvV last night. As that's all I play now cuz they teased us with Heroes Unleashed....how GA should be. And the game decided to matchmake me into a GA lobby. Wtf....switching my mode for me? What the hell Dice....EA
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »
    Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So party members are getting kicked now


    The following people were in my party:
    Myself (Empire_TW)
    @Admiral_Xen (TehDukeOfNukem)
    @TonyGoombah1
    @Thechosen1_anakin (Mvp8243)
    @KresusFIN

    We were all in a party and both @KresusFIN and @Admiral_Xen got kicked after the EoR MM threw us into a different lobby.

    Can we choose our maps? NO!
    Can we choose our Servers? NO
    Can we choose to stay in a server? NO
    Can we choose what mode? NO
    Can we choose to have squads with our friends? NO
    Can we choose to play with our friends? NO

    you can add that they now also deleted some servers, the South African server was deleted this morning when they made adjustments to make the game servers look "fuller". Now I have no choice of playing on the local server and have to play with lag on the german one.

    If I find out this is true I defintly want a refund for this game, getting rid of servers isn't going to stop this farse that is mm, still play same maps and same side over and over, I hope this isn't the case.

    I can confirm that the South African and Ireland servers were removed along with the UK one that was removed previously. Thanks Dice...

    So there answer to fixing mm is by removing servers, this is beyond a joke and unacceptable. I wondered why it was so laggy last night, @f8rge can we get refunds for this mess of a game.
  • Played GA last night for about four hours. Longest stretch in a while. I got into games quickly and only a couple matches were steamrolls. For the most part it was fun, competitive matches.

    For me, what sucks the most is no map rotation. One cycle was Hoth, Kashyyyk, Kamino, Hoth. I got Crait twice and Jakku once and those were because I left GA and went back through the main menu and just lucked out.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!