criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

When Jedi Master Kenobi comes, so to must The Old Hermit

Replies

• Piscettios wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    If I hear another "licensing issue" excuse, I'll be on my way to Sweden boys

What "licencing issue" could they possibly have?

One of the devs said(something to the effect of) there was a legal issue with Alec’s estate.. told this to a former forum members face, in fact. Many of us are hoping Old Ben doesn’t get the snub again.

I remember they also said Ben would be too similar to Luke... you know, because he’s a lightsaber user. :s

Rebels nulls that devs words.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Dash
    11676 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Danxoln wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    I have no doubt in my mind we will have ALL the Iconic Obi Skins varying from all ages/eras. :wink:

Great post! +1

#OTLoveForever
    #ALLObiSkinsMatter :sunglasses:

And yet I have EVERY doubt in my mind that we won't have an old Ben Skin, we didn't get old Luke, Leia, or Han soooooo....

Ok......
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

One of the devs said(something to the effect of) there was a legal issue with Alec’s estate.. told this to a former forum members face, in fact. Many of us are hoping Old Ben doesn’t get the snub again.

I remember they also said Ben would be too similar to Luke... you know, because he’s a lightsaber user. :s

Thats just crazy if true. :O Hope its not. Alec is my Obi Wan

Even if that were the case (and it is pure speculation at this point because they do not communicate effectively), Obi Wan Kenobi (Old Ben version) is in their game Galaxy of Heroes. It is not a strikingly similar rendition of Alec Guinness per se, but they were able to make it work on some level. So, they can dispense with the evasive pleasantries.
    dgy0kdnisad0.jpeg
    Probably all that needs to be said, but I’ll elaborate anyway. ;)

As excited as we all are for the clone Wars new heroes coming down the pipeline, I couldn’t help feeling slightly saddened that this meant Old Ben would most likely not be coming. But there is still hope... and that would be in the form of Old Ben skins. With the addition of young Han and Lando, there must be Old Ben skins for the PT Kenobi. He is a must include now that these skins have been released and depict entirely different looking and sounding heroes of the same name.

We cannot have PT Obiwan without his wiser mentor, later in life self. Old Ben is the last of the OT main characters not in the game. Alec’s depiction of the former master, is still the only portrayal to earn an Oscar and Golden Globe nomination. The noble sacrifice of giving own life so Luke could continue his journey, is one of the most iconic moments in movie history. Many among us wish to hear the kind old man’s voice and wise words while battling The Empire.

Old Ben and Farmboy Luke on Mos Eisley... The old man taking on Vader in HvV. These are the things I hope to be able to see and play out in this game. Two skins are all that is needed to give Sir Alec his proper due that should have been in the first game. Even if he had a love/hate for his character, most fans do not.

‘Old Hermit Ben’
    um4mnsdbvau9.jpeg

‘Hooded Wise Master’
    hqrnoncqx3yu.jpeg

Here’s some potential call outs, emotes and dialogue:
    "You make me look positively young."
    "Now then, let's see whos the better swordsman." - (To Dooku)
    "It's not to late to retreat you know."
    "Let's get this over with, shall we?"
    "You're in over your head you know."
    "Come.. Test your skills."
    "Let's see what your master has taught you." (To any Sith)
    "So much Anger" (To any Sith)
    "We should've left you on tatooine." (To Vader)
    "You're only a master of evil darth."
    "You wont be winning this time, Darth."
    "Not bad for an old man like me."
    "You shouldnt have left your guard down like that."
    "You have some skill it seems."
    "Become one with the force."
    "Nice try, but that wont get you anywhere."
    “The Emperor, we’d best be cautious”
    "I must face darth vader myself"
    "I feel his presence ... I must face darth vader"
    "A great distubance in the force”
    “Use the Force”
    Thanks to Elusive DJ and Bosskfan for the lines

os5s8bkhn89i.jpeg

"I have failed you Anakin"-To Leia
    Just kidding, to Anakin and Vader.
    "General"-to the droid general
    "You'll regret that"-whenever Grievous kills a clone.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Yes. Old Ben skin is absolutely necessary and if we don't get one, WE RIOT!!!
  • That blue saber.... That isn't anakins/Luke's/Reys. Definitely the character I want the most
  • Dash wrote: »
    I have no doubt in my mind we will have ALL the Iconic Obi Skins varying from all ages/eras. :wink:

Great post! +1

#OTLoveForever

I dont know, look how long we've gone with Luke Skins
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Dash
    11676 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Laser921 wrote: »

Great post! +1

#OTLoveForever

I dont know, look how long we've gone with Luke Skins

The statement you just wrote is a good enough reason for me to believe that something would be coming.

Who’s to say after CW main highlights (October-January), they don’t do a Skin Drop for Luke and other heroes/villains lacking skins!?

That was my point. I don’t have any doubt that they’ll be made/deployed. I’m not even worried. It’s never been about “If”, but “When”.

Just my two cents/Opinion.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• So many old ben love here, yet dice co.pletely ignores him :( sad
  • Dash
    11676 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    So many old ben love here, yet dice co.pletely ignores him :( sad

My last comment still stands in my mind. 100%. With these devs and this game it’s not about if, it’s when. Which is why the Soon.TM meme is so popular lol. <3

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Hopefully they add Old Ben, Old Han, and Old Luke. That would be awesome.

Yes, I agree to all skins mentioned.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Spiito wrote: »
    The best emote was left out...
    2011 Krayt Dragon Call. (or a random cycle of each changed version)
    I'd happily play 'Ol Ben Kenobi.

Hahah is that the blu ray final version? Cause that one is the best in regards to stupidity but obviously the worst in regards to being awesome. OG all the way otherwise.
  • rbvr17a8lhds.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Dash
    11676 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

My last comment still stands in my mind. 100%. With these devs and this game it’s not about if, it’s when. Which is why the Soon.TM meme is so popular lol. <3

Cool. Let’s do this NOW, not later. ;)

:wink:

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Now sounds awesome :wink:
  • bfloo
    16061 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

Now sounds awesome :wink:

Forget general runaway, just give us old Ben vs OOM-9
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Hopefully they add Old Ben, Old Han, and Old Luke. That would be awesome.

Yes, I agree to all skins mentioned.

YES! I would pay real money for those.
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    I'd rather have all the original trilogy skins before a single prequel skin

These are words of truth!
  • I think that would make a wonderful Legendary skin
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Make it happen DICE. This would be EPIC.
    latest?cb=20140317154201
  • Dash
    11676 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Old Ben Kenobi is a MUST have.

4on5zdbqtrgy.gif

Licensed REALTOR®
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Who would voice Ben tho :(
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Who would voice Ben tho :(

Same actor from Rebels!
  • Bumped 4 “old Ben Kenobi.”
  • Why hasn't it been done dice.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Old Ben Kenobi skin would be cool, but I doubt it will happen. We get two skins max from prequels.
  • Agreed 100%
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • I love obi wan, one of the best moments in my opinion from clone wars has to be when adI gallia get's killed by savage and he is force to watch helplessly, hopefully we get to meet her cousin stass allie in this new season and they explore how she got her seat on the council, be amazing of they bring her to the game for her clone legion.
  • ElfiGreen4 wrote: »
    I love obi wan, one of the best moments in my opinion from clone wars has to be when adI gallia get's killed by savage and he is force to watch helplessly, hopefully we get to meet her cousin stass allie in this new season and they explore how she got her seat on the council, be amazing of they bring her to the game for her clone legion.

That’s great but we are asking for Old Ben.
    5cy2syrfcvka.gif

Always nice to see this and the Luke skin thread bumped. Give us that OT fluff. :p

Ya damn right we'll bump. Make it so DICE!
  • Devlin21 wrote: »
    He was the first to say hello there.

A lot of people seem to forget that...
  • JMaster
    2284 posts Member
    Again, we deserve an awesome skin drop with actual wanted and requested skins. Princess & Old Leia, Scoundrel & Old Han, Farmboy/Bespin/Pilot/Old Luke, Hooded/Cyborg Maul, Battle-Damaged Vader, among many others... and including the one and only Old Ben Kenobi. Most people's introduction to the character was conspicuously absent last game, and he needs to make it in eventually. Here's hoping!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Again, we deserve an awesome skin drop with actual wanted and requested skins. Princess & Old Leia, Scoundrel & Old Han, Farmboy/Bespin/Pilot/Old Luke, Hooded/Cyborg Maul, Battle-Damaged Vader, among many others... and including the one and only Old Ben Kenobi. Most people's introduction to the character was conspicuously absent last game, and he needs to make it in eventually. Here's hoping!

Let's turn this into a megathread then maybe we'll get some comment from DICE.
  • And hermit Yoda with cane over lightsaber😃please
  • M00PYCAMEL wrote: »
    And hermit Yoda with cane over lightsaber😃please

I would't mind a Yoda skin with his ripped up robes from ESB actually. :O
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    M00PYCAMEL wrote: »
    And hermit Yoda with cane over lightsaber😃please

I would't mind a Yoda skin with his ripped up robes from ESB actually. :O

The more ot goodness the better :wink:
  • Ok, now Old Ben face reveal please.

wd9moo2ez4n9.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I don't know if rebels does prove that there was no dispute over creating Alec Guinness' likeness, is it really his likeness when it is in an extremely stylised form?
  • the original

tumblr_n51p6a5Ji41qgm2uso1_250.gif