criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Should Lightsaber Clashing Return?

One Amazing feature I recommend Battlefront one to restore to Battlefront two is the lightsaber clashing makes saber fights more movie-like and more cinematic was a great feature users such as myself enjoyed.

Replies

• It would be nice to be added back in, vut the issue is that the heroes engaged in a saber clash should be nigh immune to outside damage. Otherwise, in GA, performing the saber clash is suicide.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • It would be nice to be added back in, vut the issue is that the heroes engaged in a saber clash should be nigh immune to outside damage. Otherwise, in GA, performing the saber clash is suicide.

How did it work in the previous game? Was there a damage reduction?
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    It is in the game, but only happens if both saber users time their combos right so both throw a heavy strike at the same time. It is the 3rd or 4th swing.

I've seen it 2 or 3 times.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    It is in the game, but only happens if both saber users time their combos right so both throw a heavy strike at the same time. It is the 3rd or 4th swing.

What?? It’s definitely not in this game.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

It definitely is, or was at launch.

Hard to tell now since most saber users only hold block.

h846398gb27k.png

It is not!!! I wish it was.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member

xbwgujyq9rfe.png

h846398gb27k.png

xbwgujyq9rfe.png

If it is then just find me a video. It's not in the game, you clearly don't talk about the same thing... 2 lightsabers locked just like the heavy strike in Battlefront 1, is not in Battlefront II... If it was, we definitely see it in a video from players or developpers.

I create that thread yesterday talking about a 1 v 1 game mode and a way to improve the lightsabers duel :

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/123711/new-game-mode-duel/p1?new=1