criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Marvel Netflix thread

Even though the Marvel Netflix shows are self-contained and don't have any impact on the films, they are still enjoyable to me.

Daredevil
▪Great. A unique addition to the superhero genre, especially with how bland other comic book shows are. Amazing fight coreography, better than most action flicks. Only thing it's rivaled by is John Wick
▪Season 2 is also really good, Jon Bernthal's Punisher is awesome. Such terrific acting, and his action scenes also well done. The ninja & hand stuff was a bit subpar to me though.
▪Still haven't finished Season 3, good so far just a few episodes in.

Jessica Jones
▪Season 1 had me hooked after just a few episodes. Krysten Ritter's portrayal of this character is spot-on. Jessica Jones is the imperfect hero, I mean she has superhuman strength while on the inside having very human weaknesses. It is easy to forget she's a superhero since the series focuses on her character growth. Not to mention, David Tennant nails the sick & twisted villain Kilgrave amazingly.
▪Second season is forgettable.

Don't have time to talk about the other shows atm, they are not as good as the ones I mentioned.
"Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
Instagram
Twitter
DeviantArt
YouTube
346z5t0ufg6v.gif

Replies

• IronSoldier
    2127 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    The only one I kind of enjoy is Jessica Jones... The pacing is too slow. Story dragged out and bland characters.
  • The only one I kind of enjoy is Jessica Jones... The pacing is too slow. Story dragged out and bland characters.
    yeah the 13 episode quota was pretty harmful, sometimes less is more.
    Stranger Things Season 1 was a tight 8 episodes/hours, and is now a cult classic.
    "Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means."
    Devoted worshipper of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Instagram
    Twitter
    DeviantArt
    YouTube
    346z5t0ufg6v.gif
  • rollind24
    4700 posts Member
    edited November 5
    I stopped watching the new Daredevil season after three episodes after I heard Luke Cage was cancelled. Until I hear about what they plan on doing with these shows I’m going to assume they’re all getting cancelled before Disney’s new streaming service.

Only season I didn’t finish out of boredom was Jessica Jones s2. Punisher and Daredevil we’re great together in s2 of Daredevil. I thought Iron Fist was in a good place by the end of its S2, was sad to see it cancelled. Luke Cages cliffhanger at the end of his S2 looked like it was going to be very interesting but they cancelled that too.

There is a LOT of bloat in the shows I will admit though, can be a slog to get through some episodes.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Daredevil officially cancelled now too. As much as I wanted to watch S3 I had a feeling they’d just cancel it
    #infantrylivesmatter