criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Playlist: Clone Wars-Era

Prev1
EA_Tom
262 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 2018
6xkd01ll6hro.png

To celebrate General Grievous being unleashed upon the Battlefront, Heroes vs. Villains and Hero Showdown game modes will feature a special Clone Wars map rotation for a limited time, matchmaking in Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino.

The playlist will be available from Thursday November 1, 00:01 am - Monday 4th, 06:00 am Stockholm time.
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

• Cadoth
    503 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hope I won’t get Kashyyyk too often
  • I reads like the home page tile will be a second map rotation aside from the normal one. I sincerely hope so.
  • WhiteMaceWindu69
    480 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Can we get this back for GA? I mean, why wouldn't you offer this for GA. Furthermore, isn't this the "Clone Wars Season"? Why not just have this throughout the entire time your doing this and not just select weekends.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • valeri0706
    624 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    This makes 0 sense. A clone wars playlist doesn’t affect character choice at all in HvV or HS...

No, but it makes Grievious cheaper on those maps in GA as he is a PT character.

Edit: Nevermind, saw that this doesn't actually include GA.
  • This would make sense for GA, though i think we had a limited map rotation for long enough.
    Whoever makes these decisions must never play the game or otherwise the reasons for this would actually have made sense.

Not only does it have no effect on who you can select in HvV, playing the same maps over and over again is boring, especially these maps, where 80% of defeats result from someone pushing you of the map or you pushing, pulling or throwing them off, again boring.
  • Hopefully we get felucia with aayla secura as well as stass allie and selucami
  • So far it's just one guy holding onto the character through the whole game.
    So, yay.
  • I right way to improve the chance to play as him should be put him at 4500 points for a limited period in every Era.
  • It not a playlist as it's the only one available which means less maps to pay on...
  • MBSONIC
    358 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    6xkd01ll6hro.png

To give you even more chances to play the newly released General Grievous, we're bringing back the Clone-Wars Era playlist for Heroes vs Villains and Hero Showdown for a limited time.

The playlist is accessible via the front-end tile, and will be available from Thursday November 1, 00:01 am - Monday 4th, 06:00 am Stockholm time.

Please, please listen! During the trailer you showed Greivous attacking a phase 2 jumptrooper on geonosis. That is not ok. Canonically phase 2 troopers were not in the first nor second battle of Geonosis. Watch episode 2 again or look on youtube for the secind battle of Geonosis and you will se only phase 1 troopers. Please fix this before this becomes an issue. This needs to get louder!

Edited to remove all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
  • This makes 0 sense. A clone wars playlist doesn’t affect character choice at all in HvV or HS...

They're just being cute, pretending we don't have cross-era heroes (not complaining about that btw) for the sake of the clone-themed event. An ironic thread for somebody to have an all caps coronary about cross-era jump troopers.

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • More choices pls, not less.
  • I see I don't even need to comment on this thread, the work is done. Well done lads.
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    I right way to improve the chance to play as him should be put him at 4500 points for a limited period in every Era.

This. Only reason you could play him more is the cheaper cost on PT maps but even then I’m not sure how successful that really is.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Hm... i haven't noticed a clone wars map Rotation for the hero modes yet. Did they change their minds about that or did they forget to actually turn it on?
  • I got Kamino on PS4 like 3x in a row today. I like Kamino so I don’t really care though.
  • DICE is in Sweden, Stockholm is in Sweden
  • Did they really not know that era is irrelevant in HvV?
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    ige1ne4fsk9m.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • MBSONIC
    358 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    They fixed it in the new image yes. Phase 1 troopers forever!!

Edited to remove all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Nope, map selection doesn’t increase the odds I get to play as Grievous. But not having to play light-side 5 out of 6 matches sure would.
  • Can we get this back for GA? I mean, why wouldn't you offer this for GA. Furthermore, isn't this the "Clone Wars Season"? Why not just have this throughout the entire time your doing this and not just select weekends.

They've said multiple times it's not the usual season format if it can even be called that anymore.
  • This would be fine and all if the “playlist” really was restricted to a front end tile. But I’m getting only clone wars maps even by selecting HvV from the multiplayer page...

This is normally ok since I love clone wars, but all 3 maps (wooo 3 maps...) have lots of ledges that mean cheap/easy kills with knockback characters.

That’s strike 2 on this effort DICE....
  • Can we get this back for GA? I mean, why wouldn't you offer this for GA. Furthermore, isn't this the "Clone Wars Season"? Why not just have this throughout the entire time your doing this and not just select weekends.

Clone Wars Season. Hilarious.
  • Honestly.....I think that the Devs think that when you pick HvV in the normal way you get the full playlist but when you choose in the front tile then you get the Clone Wars playlist....
  • IcedFreon
    587 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    6xkd01ll6hro.png

To celebrate General Grievous being unleashed upon the Battlefront, Heroes vs. Villains and Hero Showdown game modes will feature a special Clone Wars map rotation for a limited time, matchmaking in Naboo, Kashyyyk, and Kamino.

The playlist will be available from Thursday November 1, 00:01 am - Monday 4th, 06:00 am Stockholm time.
    They just flat out removed the front tile line
  • EA_Tom
    262 posts EA Community Manager
    Updated the post to reflect the in-game state.
  • rollind24
    4831 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Azelrazel wrote: »
    Can we get this back for GA? I mean, why wouldn't you offer this for GA. Furthermore, isn't this the "Clone Wars Season"? Why not just have this throughout the entire time your doing this and not just select weekends.

They've said multiple times it's not the usual season format if it can even be called that anymore.

If he said “clone wars era content drop timeframe” would that make a difference? Even if they don’t call it a “season” it’s obvious what it is.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • EA_Tom wrote: »

Thanks for correcting it @EA_Tom. I’m sorry we’re so nit picky. You have a lot of passionate fans that just want this game to succeed. :smile:
  • This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy...like when I was looking for Crait and y'all had done a killswitch. After noticing that there appeared to be only 3 stages available for HvV things were getting stale quick. I looked online and only then by getting on this forum that I love to avoid, can I find out why that the rest of the stages are not available. I mean I know you're making a big deal about adding the first character since December, but limiting HvV to 3 stages over the weekend? I know the concept is for the CW-era maps, but General Grievous didn't even appear on any of them.
  • IcedFreon
    587 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    h2yy60btirpf.png

Ok so what happened to selecting the playlist on the front tile?
  • EA_Cian
    1195 posts EA Moderator
    Hi folks,

I've had to clean this thread up a little bit - let's please be mindful to stay on topic and keep it appropriate for the forums per our forum rules.

- EA_Cian
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've had to clean this thread up a little bit - let's please be mindful to stay on topic and keep it appropriate for the forums per our forum rules.

- EA_Cian

Hey seriously, Im curious. Was the original plan to make a separate playlist for the Clone Wars maps only?
  • Billkwando
    1118 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    6xkd01ll6hro.png

They just flat out removed the front tile line

So I'm not crazy and didn't imagine that line. This isn't the first time I've had to argue with people because of a stealth edit that nobody else seemed to remember, lol. It's like that movie, The Forgotten.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sort of an atypical/joke song, all their other songs are way better)

Gamertag: Billkwando
    Find me circling, and crashing, in Starfighter Assault.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    WORST IDEA EVER

IM SICK OF PLAYING THE SAME 3 MAPS IN HvV. SICK OF IT. AND ITS NOT EVEN SATURDAY.

AND FYI, YES, IM SHOUTING.

Whose was this terrible idea? (Besides the terrible idea of the 'night maps' for Halloween). Who does even care for a Halloween event in STAR WARS?!?

Omg, its enough. 2 steps forward 3 steps back. Can u give us at least ONE MISERABLE TIME, a thing well done?? It does not matter if it is just ONE THING, one little thing, but finished, tested, something to enjoy because its fun, or awesome, or whatever. JUST-ONE-THING.

I usually defend DICE but this is not such a great ideal. I enjoyed the clone wars GA playlist because it’s a huge map but in the smaller game modes where there not that much to do but kill the other player. Also the Halloween event should of been like three days and 5 days. I can already see it.
    The chrismas event- Hoth and Starkiller base for one month
  • Please no more limited map rotations. I just suffered through the Halloween junk. It's a decent enough idea but just no.
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    WORST IDEA EVER

IM SICK OF PLAYING THE SAME 3 MAPS IN HvV. SICK OF IT. AND ITS NOT EVEN SATURDAY.

AND FYI, YES, IM SHOUTING.

Whose was this terrible idea? (Besides the terrible idea of the 'night maps' for Halloween). Who does even care for a Halloween event in STAR WARS?!?

Omg, its enough. 2 steps forward 3 steps back. Can u give us at least ONE MISERABLE TIME, a thing well done?? It does not matter if it is just ONE THING, one little thing, but finished, tested, something to enjoy because its fun, or awesome, or whatever. JUST-ONE-THING.

I would keep your caps down if I were you.....
  • MBSONIC
    358 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I still barely get to play with Greivous.....in HvV someone always loads in quicker, and I’m not even gonna try HS. I can’t get any better in galactic assault cause I don’t get any practice on HvV. Also is it just me or do the maps not suit Greivous that well?
  • IcedFreon
    587 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's now 6pm EST. Please tell me.this crap is over

7pm....oh god ....it's still going....why won't they turn it off?
    Post edited by IcedFreon on
  • IcedFreon wrote: »

What won’t they turn off? The night maps?
  • MBSONIC wrote: »
    IcedFreon wrote: »

What won’t they turn off? The night maps?

No that's been off. HvV and HS have only had three maps to play for five days now. Clone Wars maps. It was supposed to go back to the regular rotation Monday 4th, 06:00 am Stockholm time. It's three hours past that.
  • This was THE WORST event ever, whos had the idea that playing the same 3 maps all the time for an entire weekend was going to be super fun? its not, its exausting. If the event was supposed to celebrate Grievous, why not add a clone wars playlist for GA so then he is cheaper for players, or just make him cheap in every map, or as so many people requested, a Grievous vs Grievous event so everybody can play with him and have fun, that would have solved the boring HVV lobby situation, but no, a playlist with 3 maps is defintely easier...