criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Skins are so expensive!

Please DICE, reduce the cost of skins. I'm not asking to reduce the cost of heroes, but al least the skins! How can a skin cost more than Grievous? I'm already busy collecting credits for Obi-Wan and for the future heroes, and only to do this it takes sooo long! When will I be able to unlock more skins in this way?
I know you want for players to spend more in crystals, but at least balance the prices! For example, not more than 10000 credits for soldiers' skins, no more than 20000-25000 for heroes' skins.

Replies

• They should be more actually.
    Psn: Jello770
  • Dash wrote: »
    Making credits in this game is quite easy. I don’t see a need for a reduction of skin costs.

Well, for me 40000 are hard to reach for each hero-skin. Maybe it depends on how much hours I play the game. 10000 less would be better already
  • NurKenobi wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    Making credits in this game is quite easy. I don’t see a need for a reduction of skin costs.

Well, for me 40000 are hard to reach for each hero-skin. Maybe it depends on how much hours I play the game. 10000 less would be better already

When I play with friends and use my main character/classes I can easily pile up credits over a few hours.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    NurKenobi wrote: »

When I play with friends and use my main character/classes I can easily pile up credits over a few hours.

Thank you @Empire_TW , very cool!
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Thank you @Empire_TW , very cool!

this ain't twitter...
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Seriously? I have over 200k credits with nothing to spend it on, credits are so easy to earn in this game
  • Yes I have 700k I need more hero skins.. that or give me more heroes in general * apart from those in the road map*
  • I guess I don't "get" skins - all I see is the back of my player anyhow. Who cares...
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I've yet to buy a skin, most are trash or on Heroes I never play, like leia. Even the Lando and Han ones have generic voice actors.

Currently Waiting on: Some already fulfilled(barely)

This list is from an older post.
    Cloaked maul, Clone Wars maul, Shirtless maul, Savage Opress
    Green cape grevious, White(Kaleesh) Cape Greious, Capeless grevious
    Jaster's armor for jango (Dark Horse Comics), Death Watch Set, Tor Vizla skin, Montross skin
    Boba Unmasked, Kamino/Poncho Boba(Scaled Up)???
    Legends colors for Vader, Eye Tint Tweaks, Damaged Vader.
    Ralph Macquarie skins for Chewie/Vader/Others
    OT Yoda, Young Yoda?
    Anakin with different Hairstyles (I'm talking padwan training). Same with Obiwan, Episodes 1-3, (apprentice, knight, master) and Ben Kenobi skin.
    Finn in Last Jedi, Stormtrooper set with Blood Hand
    Old Han, Endor Han, Bespin Han, Hoth Han
    Hoth and Endor Leia, Princess skin
    Bespin Luke, Old Luke, Starfighter Pilot Luke
    Clone Wars Darth Sidious, and unscarred Palpatine
    Dooku: Jedi Master, Hooded, capeless, with cape
    Last Jedi Rey
    Lando Bespin skin, capeless.

Easy money right there, how can a modder make pretty good takes on these in a week, but these devs take months? Cmon, lets get the cosmetic train going. Hopefully these all get released at once, games getting boring again real fast.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • do u have discord @AbyssWatch3r
  • DarthJ
    6540 posts Member
    Ah the classic case of 'I dont want to grind credits or spend real money, so lower the price of it to suit me'
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Ah the classic case of 'I dont want to grind credits or spend real money, so lower the price of it to suit me'

Crystal prices are silly, $20 for a legendary skin...

040brn9zru2s.png
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Dash
    11612 posts Member
    edited November 2018

But this is exactly why crystals exist though. So those who can’t play as much have an alternative avenue to attain cosmetics/aesthetics.....

Feel me?
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• NurKenobi wrote: »

Are you getting your 3500 daily credits?
  • You can literally make 3 000 credits a day in just 30 minutes, it's not about how much you play it's how frequently, if anything skins are too cheap, everybody has them.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • DarthJ
    6540 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

040brn9zru2s.png

Admittedly I do agree with that, but cred prices are fine
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Dash wrote: »

True I have all the skins and emotes and poses unlock with 400 credits left stil. Actually make skins coast more please. I don’t have anything to buy with my credits.
  • Dash
    11612 posts Member
    edited November 2018

True I have all the skins and emotes and poses unlock with 400 credits left stil. Actually make skins coast more please. I don’t have anything to buy with my credits.

$ 😈 $

Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I think the 80k ones are too much for what they are, I don't get alot of time to play, it takes me a few months just to get 1 legendary skin.
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

040brn9zru2s.png

Admittedly I do agree with that, but cred prices are fine

I don't care about the in game credit cost, if they ever put in a mode I can get invested in, I'd have a million credits with nothing to spend them on like the last game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Stalemate wrote: »
    I think the 80k ones are too much for what they are, I don't get alot of time to play, it takes me a few months just to get 1 legendary skin.

That's unfortunate for you and i feel with you, i really do, but they can't balance in games prices around extremes, if they would cost 300000 it still wouldn't be a problem for the people who play a lot or at least have enough time to make a couple of thousand every day, which is really easy if you use some quick rounds of arcade and the dailys, depending on what they are and if they worth the time for it.
    On the other hand, yes there are people who have extremely little time and feel even the current prices are way to expensive, so either way, making them cheaper or more expensive, you end up with people having even more credits and nothing to buy with and of course the people who already struggle feel like it's even more of a grind.
    Overall i think the current credit prices are a solid middle ground.
    I think the 80k ones are too much for what they are, I don't get alot of time to play, it takes me a few months just to get 1 legendary skin.

That's unfortunate for you and i feel with you, i really do, but they can't balance in games prices around extremes, if they would cost 300000 it still wouldn't be a problem for the people who play a lot or at least have enough time to make a couple of thousand every day, which is really easy if you use some quick rounds of arcade and the dailys, depending on what they are and if they worth the time for it.
    On the other hand, yes there are people who have extremely little time and feel even the current prices are way to expensive, so either way, making them cheaper or more expensive, you end up with people having even more credits and nothing to buy with and of course the people who already struggle feel like it's even more of a grind.

I can make 10-20 K a day

I can make 10-20 K a day

What i said were just basic examples, really no need to make this in a contest.
  • Almost 500k and have bought everything I want. When is iden in a gold bikini coming?
  • I think the skins are reasonably priced.

Besides they're just skins, and most of them aren't even that good / requested in my opinion.
    It's not like all those skins are tied to a limited pass, so they're not going away anytime soon.

So if you've got the time to setup an account & type on these forums about how expensive it is, you have the time to put in about 2 - 3 hours a day into this game and get those costumes you want.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

I can make 10-20 K a day

What i said were just basic examples, really no need to make this in a contest.

I’m not, you just misunderstood. I’m basically saying that it’s possible to make 10-20K in 2-4 Hours. The average player probably make 10K a day if there play for a hour or 2 and the ones who play a quick match probably 2k(if there done there daily challenges)
  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I think the skins are reasonably priced.

Besides they're just skins, and most of them aren't even that good / requested in my opinion.
    It's not like all those skins are tied to a limited pass, so they're not going away anytime soon.

So if you've got the time to setup an account & type on these forums about how expensive it is, you have the time to put in about 2 - 3 hours a day into this game and get those costumes you want.

I think most of the hero skins are good(excluded Bandage chewbacca). The skins that very disappoint me are the troopers ones. The resistance getting the same aliens as the rebels? Talk about lazynand Inacurate clone designs.