criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Leave HvV the way it is.

2

Replies

  • chims wrote: »
    I just feel its not fun when maul just runs full speed from you when hes the target. I know others feel this way too. The only person who can even remotely get close to him is luke. So if theres a maul there has to be a luke. Same thing for boba as he can hide in such unreachable places. The only compromise I can see is to drastically limit jump height and run speed if you are the target so you can't just run the entire time. Running away like that isn't fun to play against.

    This might work, the further away from combat you are, the slower you become.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • HvV is very very bad

    1) Campers: Doesn't matter what side on Naboo you play on there's always going to be absolute losers that aren't even that target that camp at the outer part of the strip at top and it's frustrating chasing these cowards around. I've stopped being mad at Bobba players because they can be killed easily now but Lukes and Kylo Ren's camping up there its very sad to even bother. Same on Endor and even in Maz's castle
    2) No one is willing to duel, they "play the game" and when they are target they just run and scatter like cowards until your own teammate dies. The lightside is very bad here because the hans and landos get torn up before you can kill a running Maul that has circled the map 3x already

    Bring back the TdM system like 2015 because that was the perfect game mode to play HvV on, even when you lose your hero you can still get practice to fight them as a class for G.A games and learn to be less helpless there

    Even Hero Blast would be amazing, better than this mode although it is more ruined and corrupted by the weak playerbase it currently has, they have no respect for anyone or the game itself.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    There is no need to bring back that old mode. It wasn’t fun at all

    Yes there is. And you think the current HvV is fun? Stun fest & running away when you're the target like it's Mirror's Edge? I don't think so
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Vitalizer wrote: »
    TjPunx wrote: »
    There is no need to bring back that old mode. It wasn’t fun at all

    Yes there is. And you think the current HvV is fun? Stun fest & running away when you're the target like it's Mirror's Edge? I don't think so

    💯
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • i agree with this just fix all the bugs with hero attacks asap especially grevious since his specials only seem to work like 1/10 of the time.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    I don't like timers, but this one might work.
    I just thought that maybe the targets could have a combat gauge, if they aren't in combat (I.E. their shots have to be near an enemy, which means being stuck in a wall won't save you) it ticks down, but it resets every time you engage (or try to engage) the enemy team.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    I don't like timers, but this one might work.
    I just thought that maybe the targets could have a combat gauge, if they aren't in combat (I.E. their shots have to be near an enemy, which means being stuck in a wall won't save you) it ticks down, but it resets every time you engage (or try to engage) the enemy team.

    This sounds rather complicated and besides you’d have to consider lightsaber heroes exploiting. A timer is way simpler and should address every scenario. I want to stress that running is a valid viable strategy. If my team sucks and we are losing by a considerable margin, say 3 to 7 or worse, I will run as the target to buy as much time as possible. If it was a balanced match then I would engage in fights but only with their target. People don’t run by default, they only do when the risk of losing is getting higher. At least that’s what I’ve experienced.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    I don't like timers, but this one might work.
    I just thought that maybe the targets could have a combat gauge, if they aren't in combat (I.E. their shots have to be near an enemy, which means being stuck in a wall won't save you) it ticks down, but it resets every time you engage (or try to engage) the enemy team.

    This sounds rather complicated and besides you’d have to consider lightsaber heroes exploiting. A timer is way simpler and should address every scenario. I want to stress that running is a valid viable strategy. If my team sucks and we are losing by a considerable margin, say 3 to 7 or worse, I will run as the target to buy as much time as possible. If it was a balanced match then I would engage in fights but only with their target. People don’t run by default, they only do when the risk of losing is getting higher. At least that’s what I’ve experienced.

    Oh, I wouldn't mind if it stayed the same, and since it seems like it just resets, and doesn't award any points so your system could work for me (I enjoy a good prolonged match), I just don't want it to change over during a long duel (although, I don't know if both targets could be engaged in combat for that long without either one of them dying at some point).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Lol. The solution is adding a 10 minute timer? Come on, man! Who wants to run around in circles for 10 minutes, chasing cowards (not strategists, cowards - let's get that straight), only to stop chasing because you can't catch them? And this game mode isn't broken? Lol. OMG. Some of you guys crack me up. For real.

    10 minute timer....

    Hahahahaha!
  • Lol. The solution is adding a 10 minute timer? Come on, man! Who wants to run around in circles for 10 minutes, chasing cowards (not strategists, cowards - let's get that straight), only to stop chasing because you can't catch them? And this game mode isn't broken? Lol. OMG. Some of you guys crack me up. For real.

    10 minute timer....

    Hahahahaha!

    The timer itself is to deal with exploiters not runners. No runner can last 10 minutes. But what can happen is that an exploiter hides and the team cannot kill the other target 3v4 which results in a neverending round. That would be the purpose of such timer, not stopping runners which I specifically said are not a problem. Only whiners who can’t catch them cry about runners.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • anidriX
    1042 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »
    Lol. The solution is adding a 10 minute timer? Come on, man! Who wants to run around in circles for 10 minutes, chasing cowards (not strategists, cowards - let's get that straight), only to stop chasing because you can't catch them? And this game mode isn't broken? Lol. OMG. Some of you guys crack me up. For real.

    10 minute timer....

    Hahahahaha!

    The timer itself is to deal with exploiters not runners. No runner can last 10 minutes. But what can happen is that an exploiter hides and the team cannot kill the other target 3v4 which results in a neverending round. That would be the purpose of such timer, not stopping runners which I specifically said are not a problem. Only whiners who can’t catch them cry about runners.

    Oh I'll whine all day about HvV. It's a garbage mode on so many levels. I'll whine and whine and whine. In fact, bring me some delicious Vermont cheddar cheese to pair with that whine, cause I'm going to be whining all night, thank you very much.

    Heroes Unleashed needs to be permanent.

    Feel free to do so. I don’t mind I only shared my two cents on the matter. I enjoy HvV a lot.
  • anidriX
    1042 posts Member
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.

    I find TDM rather dull. It has no strategy. It’s also ver common among shooters. In any case my timer suggestion was more to handle exploiters rather than runners which I don’t see as an issue. In any case such timer would help with extreme runners. I see it as a win-win.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.

    I find TDM rather dull. It has no strategy. It’s also ver common among shooters. In any case my timer suggestion was more to handle exploiters rather than runners which I don’t see as an issue. In any case such timer would help with extreme runners. I see it as a win-win.

    It could, but then again, I join HvV for a quick match rotating sides, not to chase people around the map just to kill them, or to farm the opposition. I would rather have TDM than HvV for that reason. We could keep this mode, but we need TDM.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    anidriX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.

    I find TDM rather dull. It has no strategy. It’s also ver common among shooters. In any case my timer suggestion was more to handle exploiters rather than runners which I don’t see as an issue. In any case such timer would help with extreme runners. I see it as a win-win.

    I find running marathons boring & a waste of everyone’s time.

    Also, removing the target system/giving an HVV variant mode/option without one would 100% bring out the potential for Iconic Duels/Battles that aren’t restricted to a niche “ Catch me if you can” game of cat and mouse and would bring about the full potential of the mode itself.

    The best solution to a problem is removing the issue itself.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • anidriX
    1042 posts Member
    Dash wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.

    I find TDM rather dull. It has no strategy. It’s also ver common among shooters. In any case my timer suggestion was more to handle exploiters rather than runners which I don’t see as an issue. In any case such timer would help with extreme runners. I see it as a win-win.

    I find running marathons boring & a waste of everyone’s time.

    Also, removing the target system/giving an HVV variant mode/option without one would 100% bring out the potential for Iconic Duels/Battles that aren’t restricted to a niche “ Catch me if you can” game of cat and mouse and would bring about the full potential of the mode itself.

    The best solution to a problem is removing the issue itself.

    I would agree that adding TDM as opposed to replacing HvV would be nice. But I feel that the player base is not big enough and players will stick to either one mode or the other. Furthermore, maybe I made it sound as if I enjoy running/catching runners, I most certainly do not. But I do accept that it pays off to run in certain scenarios. I also don’t think people run by default whenever they are the target.
  • Dash wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.

    I find TDM rather dull. It has no strategy. It’s also ver common among shooters. In any case my timer suggestion was more to handle exploiters rather than runners which I don’t see as an issue. In any case such timer would help with extreme runners. I see it as a win-win.

    I find running marathons boring & a waste of everyone’s time.

    Also, removing the target system/giving an HVV variant mode/option without one would 100% bring out the potential for Iconic Duels/Battles that aren’t restricted to a niche “ Catch me if you can” game of cat and mouse and would bring about the full potential of the mode itself.

    The best solution to a problem is removing the issue itself.

    I agree to adding a new mode, but not to removing the target system.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Dash wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Nah man, the gamemode would blow either way, TDM is the best alternative, as the match will be over quicker than having to wait 5 minutes of getting tortured.

    I find TDM rather dull. It has no strategy. It’s also ver common among shooters. In any case my timer suggestion was more to handle exploiters rather than runners which I don’t see as an issue. In any case such timer would help with extreme runners. I see it as a win-win.

    I find running marathons boring & a waste of everyone’s time.

    Also, removing the target system/giving an HVV variant mode/option without one would 100% bring out the potential for Iconic Duels/Battles that aren’t restricted to a niche “ Catch me if you can” game of cat and mouse and would bring about the full potential of the mode itself.

    The best solution to a problem is removing the issue itself.

    I agree to adding a new mode, but not to removing the target system.

    That’s the best part, compromise. It’s always better than one extreme over the other. I say why not both? :wink:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Part of the problem with discussions like these is everyone sees things from "a certain point of view". One persons definition of a runner is different from another's. To me a runner always runs and never attacks as the target. Hit and run is different. Sometimes it is the wise move to gain space and regen some health before re-engaging. Some would call that running. Add to this the situation where you just became the target and your team is nowhere close to you. What are we supposed to do, suicide? No, we flee to our team's respawn area to try to group back up. Most of the guys creating these runner posts are referring to the endless runner scenario. You know who they are, they are the target more than their fair share of turns and score at the bottom of the match. The suggestion of 5 min timer is ludicrous as well, I could see 2 mins perhaps.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Part of the problem with discussions like these is everyone sees things from "a certain point of view". One persons definition of a runner is different from another's. To me a runner always runs and never attacks as the target. Hit and run is different. Sometimes it is the wise move to gain space and regen some health before re-engaging. Some would call that running. Add to this the situation where you just became the target and your team is nowhere close to you. What are we supposed to do, suicide? No, we flee to our team's respawn area to try to group back up. Most of the guys creating these runner posts are referring to the endless runner scenario. You know who they are, they are the target more than their fair share of turns and score at the bottom of the match. The suggestion of 5 min timer is ludicrous as well, I could see 2 mins perhaps.

    But... we’re 100% referring to the runners that just run. If it was a tactical engagement then disengage that was happening these posts wouldn’t exist. Whenever you read “Runner” here on the forums in relation to HVV, Always remember we all mean quite literally, an Olympian Marathon Athlete. Always. There shouldn’t be any confusion about that whatsoever.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Part of the problem with discussions like these is everyone sees things from "a certain point of view". One persons definition of a runner is different from another's. To me a runner always runs and never attacks as the target. Hit and run is different. Sometimes it is the wise move to gain space and regen some health before re-engaging. Some would call that running. Add to this the situation where you just became the target and your team is nowhere close to you. What are we supposed to do, suicide? No, we flee to our team's respawn area to try to group back up. Most of the guys creating these runner posts are referring to the endless runner scenario. You know who they are, they are the target more than their fair share of turns and score at the bottom of the match. The suggestion of 5 min timer is ludicrous as well, I could see 2 mins perhaps.

    Well that was my point. Nobody can expect you to go suicide as the target by engaging when your teammates are nowhere near you. That is not a runner. Neither when your team is losing 1-4 and you are the target. Engaging means that if you lose your team loses the match and if you win, you might end up low on health so I also see as valid running in this situation. But then you also have those who run whenever they are the target and never engage. And THOSE sure are cowards and the ones who do ruin the game. Now, even for those case two minutes is too low as if there is some minimal teamwork in either side targets will survive over 2 minutes or maybe even 5. But 10 minutes addresses both extreme runners but MORE IMPORTANTLY, EXPLOITERS inside walls.


  • This is what I was trying to convey. But reading "some" of the posts on this and similar threads makes me believe some don't quite get it. I have a hard time believing anyone would condone marathon runners. Yet still they exist so maybe.........
  • hatreds_wrath
    344 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lol I'm sorry but anyone who even excuses this as a tactic is a fool. Theres a complete difference between someone running to meet back up with their team or doing hit and run tactics. What everyone in this topic is specifically talking about is runners who literally just do laps around the map just to survive and dont even try to fight. If you play this game frequently its pretty common sense. (That isnt very common in some of you anyway)

    Its hilarious you guys will bend over and excuse this just because it's tedious yet easy to deal with. Isnt the whole point of a game to be FUN and not tedious? And the ones excusing this act like exploits are more common than the runners despite nearly every match with a Maul ends up exactly like this. I'd honestly take an exploiter simply because it does not happen as frequently as runners.
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Just a gentle reminder to please remember and respect the fact that people have different opinions on the mode, and not to dismiss their opinions just because you disagree. I've seen some posts that are tiptoeing a bit too far away from that, so just keep it in mind before hitting that "Post Reply" button.
  • quenaelin
    1014 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Some people like running and some like fighting better, but this mode actually combines both and even emphasizes fleeing and camping tactics, I know it can be annoying to many players who are used to "standard" multiplayer combat, I was also annoyed first. It makes this game mode more much harder and fun because it encourages team play and different gameplay tactics, you can choose to flee or fight, next time Maul is running try to cut his paths with Luke and Rey, use Push and MindTrick or shoot him down with Chewie and Han, use Detonite and Stun.
    DrRage0 wrote: »
    HvV is very very bad

    1) Campers: Doesn't matter what side on Naboo you play on there's always going to be absolute losers that aren't even that target that camp at the outer part of the strip at top and it's frustrating chasing these cowards around. I've stopped being mad at Bobba players because they can be killed easily now but Lukes and Kylo Ren's camping up there its very sad to even bother. Same on Endor and even in Maz's castle
    2) No one is willing to duel, they "play the game" and when they are target they just run and scatter like cowards until your own teammate dies. The lightside is very bad here because the hans and landos get torn up before you can kill a running Maul that has circled the map 3x already

    Bring back the TdM system like 2015 because that was the perfect game mode to play HvV on, even when you lose your hero you can still get practice to fight them as a class for G.A games and learn to be less helpless there

    Even Hero Blast would be amazing, better than this mode although it is more ruined and corrupted by the weak playerbase it currently has, they have no respect for anyone or the game itself.

    I am dueling or trying to, but if you stop dueling for longer time then usually somebody is shooting you down from behind, this kind of hunting game mode is promoting different tactics and makes them more useful. If you wan't good dueling play Hero Showdown, there is good dueling, have you tried that? I don't see Hero Blast as amazing game mode, it could be good old TDM, perhaps I could play it round or two, like Blast game mode, but without any objectives it isn't very interesting for very long.
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    1541 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Hero blast but with no Troopers involved like the 2015 version. If I want that I'll play Galactic assault. Heroes versus Villains should be just that. Heroes and villains in A Team Deathmatch. Make it 5 V 5 or 6 V6 first to a 100 kills wins. That would be so much fun I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

    Edited for content. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Admiral_Xen
    2757 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    yep

    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    DS shouldn't have to run in the first place because of their fairly significant combat advantages in 4v4.

    LS also shouldn't run, because due to their natural disadvantage they need all hands on deck to stand a chance.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Add Heroes Unleashed as a permanent mode!!
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.



    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck,

    Shots fired.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.



    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck,

    Shots fired.

    I would have used the gif but it isn't working for me.
  • Like I said in earlier threads -- This is the easiest fix in the world:

    Just make it so *ONLY* the enemy team can see who the "target" is, and have that target designation rotate to another player every 45 seconds. Now there's no point in constantly fleeing or jetpack flying to inaccessible ledges...
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • Zirius
    319 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.
    Post edited by Zirius on
  • Billkwando
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    anidriX wrote: »
    The gamemode is fine as it is. Running is a strategy when you are fighting a way better team and you want to gain time for your team to take their target. It’s still not that hard to catch a runner anyways. In any case something that could be done is putting a timer once targets are selected. If neither target dies after 5 or 10 minutes, it selects new targets. This will also help on matches where there are exploiters that go to unreachable places.

    Exactly. I said it before but:
    But anyway, I do genuinely agree that they should fix the exploits that make running genuinely unfair (see Boba) but other than that, if your whole team can't coordinate enough to block the path of one runner, then you're probably not as good as you think you are.

    and for the reading comprehension challenged, who will "but boba??" anyway:
    Which part of "but other than that" didn't you understand?

    He can fly above obstructions, but he has to land eventually. If they fixed the spots where only he can get to, or lower the ceiling for his flight, then problem solved. Luke and Rey have massive jumps and can get to the vast majority of (non glitch) spots that Boba can.

    Add blaster heroes to the mix, and then the complainers will just need to git gud.

    The average player isn't going to have all the exploits memorized, or use them every game. The "BUT BOBA??" excuses are really just an excuse to beat everyone over the head with the TDM agenda.

    They can fix Boba without changing the mode. Or they could remove him, like Palps. Then you could go back to enjoying the HvV target system you guys love so dearly, without mean ol' Fett gumming up the works.


    and I'll quote myself one last time, just cos it's easier than retyping the same thing over and over, when people keep making a new thread about this every week:

    Yes, let's remove the target system, so random folks have no choice but to get constantly steamrolled by experienced players in groups, with no way to challenge those players. If they fixed matchmaking so it was skill based, then that would be a different story.

    Yes, it can be irritating, but that bit of running around is sometimes the only way a casual player has to level the playing field, especially when their team isn't helping.

    I guarantee you the quitting problem would get so much worse if folks had no way to troll more skilled teams. I'm not a runner 95% of the time, but the maniacal laughter that comes out of me when I do choose to run.....




    Let's just say that every now and then, it's a hoot.

    :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Easy solution: Kill the target or kill ~5 randoms (count as much as the target)

    So if someone is only hiding or running away you can focus on the others + you have the advantage cause you are technically one more cause the one wich is running/hiding can't help without going into combat, wich if so would then be the case everybody wants. win win situation.
  • I don’t think anybody is asking for the “old mode”? I’ve seen no requests for infantry being added to HVV.

    The request is for TDM in place of the target system. The large majority seem to be on board with this.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Billkwando
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't occasionally annoyed by a runner, but it doesn't even happen every day, and sometimes it doesn't even happen for a whole week, playing daily.

    Granted, I'm on Xbox, so maybe it's more of a problem on PS4 or PC.....but personally I feel like these complaints are coming from players who're used to winning all the time and get salty when someone they perceive to be a "lesser player" is robbing them of their "right" to steamroll all the time.

    Maybe this perception is flawed, but again, I rarely see "marathon" runners, or at very least not ones that are any good at it.




    Adding this long line of text so that hopefully the edit-tron-5000 doesn't eat my post and hold it 'til Thanksgiving. Also, "wan't" is not a word, unless you're trying to say "wa not". That is all.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't occasionally annoyed by a runner, but it doesn't even happen every day, and sometimes it doesn't even happen for a whole week, playing daily.

    Granted, I'm on Xbox, so maybe it's more of a problem on PS4 or PC.....but personally I feel like these complaints are coming from players who're used to winning all the time and get salty when someone they perceive to be a "lesser player" is robbing them of their "right" to steamroll all the time.

    Maybe this perception is flawed, but again, I rarely see "marathon" runners, or at very least not ones that are any good at it.




    Adding this long line of text so that hopefully the edit-tron-5000 doesn't eat my post and hold it 'til Thanksgiving. Also, "wan't" is not a word, unless you're trying to say "wa not". That is all.

    It’s the same for me. Xbox. Pure running is rarely an issue.
  • Alex64
    7672 posts Member
    I never want to hear you say "I want it that way"
    Why so serious?
  • Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    No it most certainly does. If they weren't bad at fighting they wouldn't be running from fights

    We're all noobs at one point. When I was one, I played to beat the better players and in the process became one, instead of wasting time on a gimmicky meme strat like hiding in walls or playing super Maul kart.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    No it most certainly does. If they weren't bad at fighting they wouldn't be running from fights

    We're all noobs at one point. When I was one, I played to beat the better players and in the process became one, instead of wasting time on a gimmicky meme strat like hiding in walls or playing super Maul kart.
    That’s not a fair analysis, man. Team cohesion breaks down in HvV and running to regroup with your respawning team, particularly when you’re the target, is not a trash move.

    You’re second point is 100.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4163 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    edit: deleted
  • Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    No it most certainly does. If they weren't bad at fighting they wouldn't be running from fights

    We're all noobs at one point. When I was one, I played to beat the better players and in the process became one, instead of wasting time on a gimmicky meme strat like hiding in walls or playing super Maul kart.
    That’s not a fair analysis, man. Team cohesion breaks down in HvV and running to regroup with your respawning team, particularly when you’re the target, is not a trash move.

    You’re second point is 100.

    go back on the quote chain to Kresus initial post.

    Not suiciding into a 4v1 as the target isn't the same thing as not even trying to throw a single attack all game

    Like this dude, trying to run and hide in unreachable places before the game even starts (10-10 score)
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    No it most certainly does. If they weren't bad at fighting they wouldn't be running from fights

    We're all noobs at one point. When I was one, I played to beat the better players and in the process became one, instead of wasting time on a gimmicky meme strat like hiding in walls or playing super Maul kart.
    That’s not a fair analysis, man. Team cohesion breaks down in HvV and running to regroup with your respawning team, particularly when you’re the target, is not a trash move.

    You’re second point is 100.

    go back on the quote chain to Kresus initial post.

    Not suiciding into a 4v1 as the target isn't the same thing as not even trying to throw a single attack all game

    Like this dude, trying to run and hide in unreachable places before the game even starts (10-10 score)

    Right. Ok, same page here then.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    Running to regroup with your friends and fighting alongside them when they respawn = Ok. This is fine.

    Running to not die because you're trash with no business in the game to begin with = Don't do this.

    Regarding the 2nd point: So the bad players shouldn't play the game, cuz yeah, not everyone can be pro. I like your logic. Running doesn't necessarily mean a player is "trash". Gotta love this attitude lol.

    I mean I like your attitude of what playing a game is. Running in circles not doing a single point of damage to the enemy. If anything there should be a vote kick for players like this.
  • I guess these runners think they get some trophy or something for winning a match, If they are new and not all max purple star cards then running is only hurting them. You can't level up if you don't gain any personal score. You get exp, you know, by doing damage and getting kills. Not by winning matches.
  • Heck, you even get 100 for getting killed.
  • Heck, you even get 100 for getting killed.

    This reminds me of a quote, "what is life compared to the immortality of a high score." I almost always play the objective, and charge into battle. As you said, you get points for being in battle, and if the target kills an enemy target they get progress towards an achievement, which is good enough reason for me.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!