criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Well! Someone has to save our skins!

Piscettios
5616 posts Member
edited November 2018
5xkbby8bws3w.jpeg

From the early days on the Tantive to the Resistance base on D’Qar. Princess Leia, is one of the most iconic movie characters for those of us that grew up in the 80’s.. and for those that didn’t! A cornerstone of the rebellion and a strong leader long after.

With variant degrees of roles, Leia has been featured in seven of the movies and I think it’s time to show off what we are still missing. While we do have a few nice selections of skins for her, it’s safe to say there are some great ones still missing that would no doubt be some of the hottest sellers.

Grunts and trooper skins are great and I’m happy with most of the custom options so far, but IMO the heroes could use some more variety to stand out in the heat of battle.

With some help from friends, I have a list here of all the potentially cool Leia skins this game needs.

Before anyone decides to get uptight and pretend to be offended, Disney has the Hutt Slayer scene with her outfit featured prominently, on Disney’s SW Databank site. I purposely left out prices again, leave that open for discussion too but keep the focus on the skins themselves
3ej3aftmxu9v.gif

ANH Princess Gown
usqo2nl6g6rt.jpeg

Bespin Evening Dress
dwcybkecx93v.jpeg

Boushh- Helmetless
e2ca72014uxb.jpeg

Hutt Slayer
5euifsrvn52b.jpeg

Endor II
f4g3r7ygkdh3.jpeg

Resistance General
s4o3gx8hgwve.jpeg

Any and all of these would surely be welcomed additions to help fuel this games forward progress. What skins would you like to see for iconic Leia? What would you be willing pay credit-wise for some of these?

nablbg3albnk.gif
Knights of Gareth
XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Replies

• Admiral_Xen
    2695 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ANH Leia is the iconic "princess" Leia. Absolutely needs to be in the game. I'd say 40,000

Helmetless Boushh should be a 20k option if you already have the standard version (think Iden's helmetless variant), 80k if not for a total of 100k for both.

Bespin gives me an idea for another 20k option. Essentially just use the Hoth skin but without the jacket or snow boots, and a different hairstyle
    2e6o9evnnsl2.png

Evening dress, and Endor "general" Leia could be 40k options.

Resistance Leia could be 80k if she is aged appropriately, 40k if its just the wardrobe.

Hutt Slayer/Slave Leia probably not happening unfortunately (though Disney acknowledges its existence, I doubt they're interested in promoting it) but if so I'd say it's unique enough for 80k.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • Before the game came out, I had hoped that Endor outfit you listed would be her standard appearance. It's a basic outfit that can match any map (unlike her Hoth appearance in BF 2015), and more recognizable than her comics look imo.
  • All Beautiful :love:

ANH is the most iconic of them all and it's criminal that is not in this Star Wars game!
  • Dash
    11534 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Came to show my support @Piscettios :
    krvysowghzlh.gif
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Piscettios wrote: »
    ANH white dress/gown is an absolute must, especially given the blasters she uses. Hutt Slayer isn’t my #1 wanted, but there is no doubt it’s one of those few skins that will get many to bust out that wallet.

As I was going through pics and settling on what to include in the thread, helmetless Boushh became my most wanted!

mkrs134lmack.jpeg
    Yes please.
    ANH Leia is the iconic "princess" Leia. Absolutely needs to be in the game. I'd say 40,000

Helmetless Boushh should be a 20k option if you already have the standard version (think Iden's helmetless variant), 80k if not for a total of 100k for both.

Bespin gives me an idea for another 20k option. Essentially just use the Hoth skin but without the jacket or snow boots, and a different hairstyle
    2e6o9evnnsl2.png

Evening dress, and Endor "general" Leia could be 40k options.

Resistance Leia could be 80k if she is aged appropriately, 40k if its just the wardrobe.

Hutt Slayer/Slave Leia probably not happening unfortunately (though Disney acknowledges its existence, I doubt they're interested in promoting it) but if so I'd say it's unique enough for 80k.

Awesome feedback, thanks. That was the exact same thing I was thinking for Helmetless Boushh! Little price break if you own the other. I also like the alternate Hoth idea. We really can’t have too many.

I'm surprised the Bespin apperance isn't already there given it's in one of the best sequences from Empire

61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • I hope they never ever release Slave Leia as an option. I feel fairly certain if they did, that would be the primary skin played.
  • blothgar wrote: »
    I hope they never ever release Slave Leia as an option. I feel fairly certain if they did, that would be the primary skin played.

Legendary Huttslayer would buy Andrew Wilson a new yacht within days

Yeah, and if they're worried about being sexist just release legendary Ben Swolo along with it and watch the $$ flow.

Huttslayer could save SWBF2.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• The stark white ANH gown is the front runner for her next needed skin then? I wouldn’t cry. ;)
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Before the game came out, I had hoped that Endor outfit you listed would be her standard appearance. It's a basic outfit that can match any map (unlike her Hoth appearance in BF 2015), and more recognizable than her comics look imo.

Good point here! the helmetless Boushh would fit well on many maps. Bounty Hunter or Endor general attire would be nicer as a (personal) default skin than the Adventure one.
    blothgar wrote: »
    I hope they never ever release Slave Leia as an option. I feel fairly certain if they did, that would be the primary skin played.

Legendary Huttslayer would buy Andrew Wilson a new yacht within days

Yeah, and if they're worried about being sexist just release legendary Ben Swolo along with it and watch the $$ flow.

Huttslayer could save SWBF2.

Just as long as we leave Luke Bacta Tank Edition off the table... gotta draw a line somewhere. :tongue:
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    5xkbby8bws3w.jpeg

From the early days on the Tantive to the Resistance base on D’Qar. Princess Leia, is one of the most iconic movie characters for those of us that grew up in the 80’s.. and for those that didn’t! A cornerstone of the rebellion and a strong leader long after.

With variant degrees of roles, Leia has been featured in seven of the movies and I think it’s time to show off what we are still missing. While we do have a few nice selections of skins for her, it’s safe to say there are some great ones still missing that would no doubt be some of the hottest sellers.

Grunts and trooper skins are great and I’m happy with most of the custom options so far, but IMO the heroes could use some more variety to stand out in the heat of battle.

With some help from friends, I have a list here of all the potentially cool Leia skins this game needs.

Before anyone decides to get uptight and pretend to be offended, Disney has the Hutt Slayer scene with her outfit featured prominently, on Disney’s SW Databank site. I purposely left out prices again, leave that open for discussion too but keep the focus on the skins themselves
    3ej3aftmxu9v.gif

ANH Princess Gown
    usqo2nl6g6rt.jpeg

Bespin Evening Dress
    dwcybkecx93v.jpeg

Boushh- Helmetless
    e2ca72014uxb.jpeg

Hutt Slayer
    5euifsrvn52b.jpeg

Endor II
    f4g3r7ygkdh3.jpeg

Resistance General
    s4o3gx8hgwve.jpeg

Any and all of these would surely be welcomed additions to help fuel this games forward progress. What skins would you like to see for iconic Leia? What would you be willing pay credit-wise for some of these?

nablbg3albnk.gif

Any of these would be a welcome addition
  • I approve of this post. MOAR princess skins
  • K4152 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    5xkbby8bws3w.jpeg

3ej3aftmxu9v.gif

ANH Princess Gown
    usqo2nl6g6rt.jpeg

Bespin Evening Dress
    dwcybkecx93v.jpeg

Boushh- Helmetless
    e2ca72014uxb.jpeg

Hutt Slayer
    5euifsrvn52b.jpeg

Endor II
    f4g3r7ygkdh3.jpeg

Resistance General
    s4o3gx8hgwve.jpeg

nablbg3albnk.gif

Any of these would be a welcome addition

Same, really would be happy with any and all.
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I approve of this post. MOAR princess skins

2dw9m2h290cb.png

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • pdiq00kbasa5.jpg!!!!!
  • Yep I’d buy all of these
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • They will never do ANH Leia, they view women in dresses as being weak, that’s honestly what I think.
  • Great ideas. Personally, I feel Luke should get more skins first. But yeah, all great ideas. Great thread!!!
  • Great ideas. Personally, I feel Luke should get more skins first. But yeah, all great ideas. Great thread!!!

I did a Luke one as well. :smile: Worth a look if not just to see all his cool potential skins in one place.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/112616/eighty-thousand-we-can-almost-buy-our-own-ship-for-that#latest
    pdiq00kbasa5.jpg!!!!!

My fellow Killah Hills fan returns... cool!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • 46wceonj2dmu.gif

Clown trooper and Grievous skins aren’t gonna fund the future of this game... cool and iconic skins are needed Dice!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Exactly. I would love to see more Leia skins would be awesome.
  • An iconic character, iconic hairstyle and clothes, this game can't be iconic if they don't add this skin for her, what a shame.
    54uugth8oq6m.jpg
  • It really is sad and pathetic that we have to make threads like these for a Star Wars game. This is not a knock on the thread topic; rather it is a ringing endorsement of support for this. We need these skins, and more.

I just do not understand DICE/EA at all at this point.... most of all, their complete failure to respond to the issue.
  • ANH Leia with her cinnamon bun hair not being in the game is a complete travesty. Two games in a row? Laughable.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • they could be making a lot more revenue on the game if they added things like this. funny how we went from predatory pay to win microtransactions to now begging for them to give us new appearances to purchase. yet instead they spent a lot of time on legendary skins for Solo Story content.
  • It really is sad and pathetic that we have to make threads like these for a Star Wars game. This is not a knock on the thread topic; rather it is a ringing endorsement of support for this. We need these skins, and more.

I just do not understand DICE/EA at all at this point.... most of all, their complete failure to respond to the issue.

Your right it is pathetic really. As much as I’ve enjoyed putting these threads together and seeing them all lined up... I’d much rather be debating what obscure skin should come next because there’s so many to choose from already.

Yet here we are, one year in and we hardly have much at all to chose from. And I’m left scratching my head as to how the future of this game is gonna be funded.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • JustinReade
    509 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I have all of these Star Wars Black Series 6" action figures on my desk. I mean, I look at them, and basically none of these "skins" are in this game. Hasbro seems to have no problem pumping them out. EA .... you have a very prestigious license, just like Hasbro ... what are you doing? Wake up! #lame
  • JustinReade
    509 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The other thing that I find crazy about this is that people would spend money on certain skins. I don't have an economic breakdown of cost/benefit analysis for EA to determine if the "effort" to create and issue these skins will be profitable based upon skin sale projections, but .... they have only themselves to blame. Not the fans.

After all of the issues plaguing this game ... they answer no questions about literally iconic skins that have been inexplicably ignored since BF15, and are then compounding the mystery by balking at (what seem to be) money making opportunities.

Mmmkayyyy?
  • Hutt Slayer would be awesome. It's one of the most iconic Leia images. I'd also like to see GG pre cybernetics and a battle damaged Vader. I know it will never happen but dark side Luke as a skin would be sweet to. Old man Obi Wan to. Really I want more skins for everyone 😁
  • When you play two Battlefronts and can’t use her ANH skin

byjaafs69011.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • More content that should've been in the game at launch. Remember back when AAA titles were finished on release?
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • They are thinking to add Asuka in the game or more CloneWars content, but they can't add a single skin for Leia since 2015? What were they thinking???
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    More content that should've been in the game at launch. Remember back when AAA titles were finished on release?

Hopefully by year two we get there... I’d love to see any and all of these available.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    They are thinking to add Asuka in the game or more CloneWars content, but they can't add a single skin for Leia since 2015? What were they thinking???

It’s a tragedy not a space opera. :'(
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Dash
    11534 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    KresusFIN wrote: »
    More content that should've been in the game at launch. Remember back when AAA titles were finished on release?

Hopefully by year two we get there... I’d love to see any and all of these available.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    They are thinking to add Asuka in the game or more CloneWars content, but they can't add a single skin for Leia since 2015? What were they thinking???

It’s a tragedy not a space opera. :'(

:cry:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• ANH Leia should have been the default skin from the start. I like her default skin, but it should have been an epic one instead of the first one we got.
    May your heart be your guiding key.