criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Counting this one, this is 800 posts in ten days. That has to be some sort of record.

The twitter and other news thread only had 241.
  • i had like 5 or 7 posts till EOR MM hit. now i just have fun here :) as SWBF is no fun anymore. but that was the goal for DICE and EA, but they cannot admit that, probably Disney would have their assess on a silver platter.

And i would have so much popcorn watching that happen. At this point i have no longer any illusion anybody at DICE and EA cares. They are just doing minimum they are probably obliged by some Contract with Disney.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE actually just asked what our issues are with EORM in twitter - this would be a good time to respond there

Reposting this. Does anyone have a twitter account? It seems Ben is much more responsive there and there are very few replies, so he must think this isn't an issue. Post there if you want any chance of being heard. I know these are the official forums and that they should be the primary location of game discussion, but it's not the case; so speak up if you have an issue.
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I know it still says matchmaking after the game, but I think they turned it off, I played 5 games of extraction in a row against the same people.

I have a funny feeling they turned it off but left the illusion of matchmaking, cause the 5 games were not even close they were constant steam rolls lol.

Edited to say it still on, on ewok hunt empty lobby after game.
  • RubyOx
    105 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    (re-edit, since it MM is ON)

My feedback/questions are

If I join a match late, am I "punished" for being a poor player and redirected to the corner server and put in my safe place?

Is MM the rule instead of an exception? If we have a match that went into overtime after overtime, why rebalance? The good players aren't good enough to tilt the match. The poor players aren't bad enough to tilt the match. I haven't seen MM not take place.

I do notice that for days I would have a favorite map that I always start with. Couple weeks ago, it was Kashyyyk and always Kashyyyk. Then it was Naboo. Is this by grand design?

awakespace wrote: »
    F8RGE actually just asked what our issues are with EORM in twitter - this would be a good time to respond there

Reposting this. Does anyone have a twitter account? It seems Ben is much more responsive there and there are very few replies, so he must think this isn't an issue. Post there if you want any chance of being heard. I know these are the official forums and that they should be the primary location of game discussion, but it's not the case; so speak up if you have an issue.

Several people has been complaining about it and always the same response data says everything is ok and they continue to ignore us.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member

he for sure has a bot on his account, there area ton of videos displaying hvv game ending and placing players in another game mode, ive been transferred to korea after a game of GA in Oregon. So im 100% sure Ben has no idea what he is talking about.

lots of complaints and evidence but DICE just doesnt care. EOR is killing this game tbh, it's just utter garbage and i do NOT understand why it's still here. it makes no sense to me. Why is it still here? I bet you 100% DICE doesnt even play swbf2. Ben and the gang didn't even know that the map rotation for GA or any mode changes with every update. Even with evidence from the community he still denied it.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1472 posts Member
    edited November 2018

He must think this isn't an issue? I assure you he does know about this thread and how much we've been complaining about it. There's no naivety from the part of the dev team. They may be bad on developing games, they may be forced by superiors to make all this mess, they may be purposefully deceiving us for their own benefit (better resource manage at the expense of player enjoyment), they may be sadistic by bathing in millions of dollars while delivering this frustrating experience we have to endure because we love Star Wars. They may be anything except naive.

Going to twitter will accomplish nothing. BTW, I propose the contrary: Don't go there, let his tweet sink, maybe this way they'll start paying more attention to their official forum, where only players who bought this game can post.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • before the glorious EORM I never ended a map and was loaded into an empty or almost empty server. now it happens quite frequently. how's that for data? if I post videos will it make a difference? why are DICE so committed to this garbage? so frustrating...
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Dang I don't have Twitter. Please if you do tell Ben what's wrong!

Wow. EOR matchmaking is so much worse on Strike than GA, so maybe they’re thinking it’s “better” now because it’s less terrible. But now to my main mode...

On Strike, I can’t play more than 1-2 matches in a row without the whole damn server being empty and forcing me to quit to find a new one. Then I never get to do a full map rotation and get frustrated and leave. How is that working as intended @F8RGE ?
  • awakespace
    1193 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Here is some DATA if you don't believe that hundreds of posts detailing our experience...

I decided to record and upload these two EORM failures that just happened back to back - I had a great balanced game, and then the next map I was loaded into a mostly empty server - then I went back to menu after the few other players quit, searched for a new game, had another great balanced match, and then EORM put me into another mostly empty server, and the few people started quitting again

I start the video at the end of the prior round so you can see the beauty of EORM

If someone has twitter, just post him a link to this thread and tell him there are pages here for him to read. Bot or not, it will indicate there is a lot more negative feedback than twitter.
    51bvn954fmlp.png

If someone has twitter, just post him a link to this thread and tell him there are pages here for him to read. Bot or not, it will indicate there is a lot more negative feedback than twitter.

This has actually been done several times. We keep linking this thread and also keep telling what the problems are and he keeps responding with the same copy paste answer.
    Here is some DATA if you don't believe that hundreds of posts detailing our experience...

I decided to record and upload these two EORM failures that just happened back to back - I had a great balanced game, and then the next map I was loaded into a mostly empty server - then I went back to menu after the few other players quit, searched for a new game, had another great balanced match, and then EORM put me into another mostly empty server, and the few people started quitting again

I start the video at the end of the prior round so you can see the beauty of EORM

This should be all the proof that is needed for the devs to turn of this EORM garbage!!!.....that's what it is, .....garbage!!. And I'm being very kind with my words. The fact that this is still in the game after an apparent "weekend of testing" from weeks and weeks ago and not answering all the calls of help from everyone in the forum is just a huge slap in the face to the people that provide them with food on their tables. Its an insult!. I'm disgusted at the way they ignore people in this forum. Yet they post in here and ask for feedback on things from us. Hypocrisy at its finest.
  • Chico
    534 posts Member
    Call me optimistic but I think MM is now keeping me in a rotation on GA and just shuffling teams, I had a lot more variety last night and today. Mostly saw the same names and had some pretty well balanced matches. And I saw Crait after DS2 twice, both maps I have hardly seen at all recently. Plus I was never once put into an empty lobby. Xbox Germany server. Anyone else seeing a difference?
  • Chico wrote: »
    Call me optimistic but I think MM is now keeping me in a rotation on GA and just shuffling teams, I had a lot more variety last night and today. Mostly saw the same names and had some pretty well balanced matches. And I saw Crait after DS2 twice, both maps I have hardly seen at all recently. Plus I was never once put into an empty lobby. Xbox Germany server. Anyone else seeing a difference?

I can't comment because I haven't played today but this sounds promising.

I have videos over an hour long trying to get a game and cant. It happens in peak play time in California... Its pathetic.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real

no he is not more responsive there when it comes to actual problems. This is the same exact thing he says every time when he is asked about it. A copy paste answer.
  • Here is 100% proof that the EoR MM is broken and needs to be removed 100%.
    It does not get any worse than this.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Here is 100% proof that the EoR MM is broken and needs to be removed 100%.
    It does not get any worse than this.

Empty lobby after empty lobby...
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Still waiting for dev feedback on this...

Still waiting on comment on the feedback we gave... like a meaningful addressing of all the raised points, not about one point - the wait time to fill up lobbies... but i do have doubts i will ever see that.

Almost like "Waiting for Godot"....
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • those wait times....

• hi can someone tell me why we have a button at the end of round called "MATCHMAKE" ?

what is the purpose of that button/how does it help with EOR MM ?
  • All week I have watched “PLAYER NEEDED” jump all over the place and the watch it count down for the match to start just to see it jump to “PLAYERS NEEDED” again. I waited so long for a Strike match to start my PS4 remote went to sleep twice. What is the deal? In fact the whole time i have been typing this I have been waiting for a match to start. This is crazy spending more time waiting for a match to start than I do playing. If this keeps up I am going back to playing Destiny. That game is worthless if you spend more time waiting that you spend playing.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

goodluck with that, they are receiving positive feedback.
  • I’m in London on PS4

Had no issues at all with matchmaking
  • I am not sure if it is the EOR but since 1 Week or so i get kicked after a game out of the lobby into the menu. Sometimes after 1 game sometimes 3 or 4 games. I am playing with friends if i want to rejoin in the game or start a new GA witout friends i getting kicked out in the loading screen of the map to the main menu. Only thingh I can do ist restart my game. Then it will work for some games till i get kicked again. This happens only to me. No one of my friends had this problem. This is really bad :-(

Almost like "Waiting for Godot"....

hm, I might understand this reference.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    hi can someone tell me why we have a button at the end of round called "MATCHMAKE" ?

what is the purpose of that button/how does it help with EOR MM ?

Help is pushing it way too far. The button only speeds up the start of the matchmaking process, if you do not push it, youll have to wait for matchmake to kick in. If you do push the button, the matchmake kicks in and "tries" to find new lobby/ diff server / diff game mode
  • Being lied to when it comes to this game has become part and parcel of the experience by now.

That being said, I'd love an explanation as to why they didn't turn it off already despite saying they would.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Devlin21
    8332 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If you have a reddit account, upvote this
    I strongly suggest to make one if you don't have it.
    Probably the only way we'll get a response.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/9vzmf0/eor_matchmaking_is_not_going_welldisclaimer_not/
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• While I dont touch the Matchmake button the game randomizes the lobbies im in many times...

In HvsV in this case im in a lobby with players that youre competing with and suddenly next match the whole lobby is changed with all other players...

The lobby before had 1 player missing, why seperate the whole lobby?
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Ben and the gang didn't even know that the map rotation for GA or any mode changes with every update. Even with evidence from the community he still denied it.

What should we expect... They just found out cross era was a thing.

ruz5kq3f6m0k.jpeg

Not even that.
    That playlist was for hvv only.
    Maps don't matter in hvv.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Devlin21 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Ben and the gang didn't even know that the map rotation for GA or any mode changes with every update. Even with evidence from the community he still denied it.

What should we expect... They just found out cross era was a thing.

ruz5kq3f6m0k.jpeg

Not even that.
    That playlist was for hvv only.
    Maps don't matter in hvv.

Why would they play this game, there are so many better ones
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

EoR MM has been crippling the game for weeks now. No clue why it is still turned on.

Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Yeah, happens often. At least in HvV the lobby eventually fills up. In Extraction, it dies with each map change. They need to go back to what was working.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    How is this working properly?
    3o29wmmxajxv.png

Look at it from a global lense.

Their exclusive ping site in their office must be working good, all 4 of them connect to the same server.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Yeah it’s stupid they don’t listen