criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Focused Feedback: General Grievous

Replies

• JMaster
    2271 posts Member
    New one I noticed last night....Grievous doesn't appear to have a melee? Or at least, he doesn't for me, clicking on R3 did nothing.

All saber users don't melee with R3

Thanks for clarifying, I realised that after I'd posted this when I had a go on others...for some reason I thought Luke's kick was his melee but you're totally right, so ignore my comment EA!
    Speaking of which... anyone else here a tad bummed we didn't see Grievous get an awesome Dengar-like melee where he can kick and slash with his talons?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    JMaster wrote: »
    New one I noticed last night....Grievous doesn't appear to have a melee? Or at least, he doesn't for me, clicking on R3 did nothing.

Thanks for clarifying, I realised that after I'd posted this when I had a go on others...for some reason I thought Luke's kick was his melee but you're totally right, so ignore my comment EA!
    Speaking of which... anyone else here a tad bummed we didn't see Grievous get an awesome Dengar-like melee where he can kick and slash with his talons?

But if they did that, then we wouldn’t need Dengar anymore. :wink:

After these heroes come in, I want some dual wielding blaster heroes after! More blasters heroes in general! :sunglasses:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash wrote: »

After these heroes come in, I want some dual wielding blaster heroes after! More blasters heroes in general! :sunglasses:

Definitely need more blaster heroes!

Dengar, IG-88, Krennic... so much potential.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dash wrote: »

My top 2 dream/wish is Dash & IG-88.

My realistic expectations is Jango, Sabine, Thrawn, Padme.

As for Sabers, realistically/practically, Ahsoka, Mace would fit well in this game. As well as Ventres & (Insert BAMF Sith). :sunglasses:

IMO.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• JMaster
    2271 posts Member

If that's your only reason for wanting Dengar… I'm sorely disappointed in you Dash.
    ; )
    Fix Grievou's 2 most Grievous-y abilities and he'll probably be good.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.

As for Sabers, realistically/practically, Ahsoka, Mace would fit well in this game. As well as Ventres & (Insert BAMF Sith). :sunglasses:

IMO.

Sabine and thrawn ... ew :confounded:

why would they ever add these over the likes og IG-88, Mace, Dengar, Jyn, Krennic etc...
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018

IMO.

why would they ever add these over the likes og IG-88, Mace, Dengar, Jyn, Krennic etc...

Because I’m older than the little younglings that play this game :disappointed: . So that’s why I put realistically. I can see it happening quite easily. With the younger crowd etc/newer characters to them.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

IMO.

Because I’m older than the little younglings that play this game :disappointed: . So that’s why I put realistically. I can see it happening quite easily.

Sounds like a horrible road ahead if you ask me, out of those only Jango and Padme catches my attention.

the other 4, I literaly couldn't care less about.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018

IMO.

Because I’m older than the little younglings that play this game :disappointed: . So that’s why I put realistically. I can see it happening quite easily.

Sounds like a horrible road ahead if you ask me, out of those only Jango and Padme catches my attention.

the other 4, I literaly couldn't care less about.

Agreed.

I like OT/PT characters myself. I don’t mind new content at all, I just hope my hunch is wrong. Either way, New Characters are new characters. Won’t upset me anyways. :blush:

But I do want more weapons, maps, vehicles, & modes.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Keep in mind, if it were my choice, I’d Add these characters after CW:

Dash Rendar + IG-88
    Baze + Dengar
    Mace + Jango
    Plo Kloon + Cad Bane
    Nien Numb + Greedo
    Krennic + Jyn Erso
    K2S0 + HK-47/Mr. Bones

I’d start with those. And theme dlc around their releases. Maps/Weapons/Vehicles etc.

Edit* No joke, I’d actually love to have Jar Jar. I’d play him all the time to mess with everyone’s emotions lol! :lol:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Keep in mind, if it were my choice, I’d Add these characters after CW:

Dash Rendar + IG-88
    Baze + Dengar
    Mace + Jango
    Plo Kloon + Cad Bane
    Nien Numb + Greedo
    Krennic + Jyn Erso
    K2S0 + HK-47/Mr. Bones

I’d start with those. And theme dlc around their releases. Maps/Weapons/Vehicles etc.

Edit* No joke, I’d actually love to have Jar Jar. I’d play him all the time to mess with everyone’s emotions lol! :lol:

add Chirrut and Veers and that list is perfect :blush:
  • Far too overpowered. Far too fast.
    No fan here
  • Also since the update the HvV menu on PS4 doesn’t highlight properly and occasionally you can’t change character.

I always look forward to an update, one step forward 12 back. You’re be fired from any other job.
  • Raices
    1425 posts Member
    Far too overpowered. Far too fast.
    No fan here

Really???
  • I want dengar, nein numb, Askoha Tano, ventress, padme, Jango, Poe and hux and then I will be satisfied with hero’s for this game
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just wanted to drop this fun little short clip for ya. :blush:

"You saved me" - ME! Thanks Spoonz! You always have my back in GA! <3

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Watching your opposition is outright painful

.....Because it simply isn't possible to be this bad at this point of playing the game.

...Unless of course, you're matchmade with trash? :P
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    KresusFIN wrote: »

Watching your opposition is outright painful

.....Because it simply isn't possible to be this bad at this point of playing the game.

...Unless of course, you're matchmade with trash? :P

I think it’s a combo of we’re so good, and they’re slightly not as good. :wink: JK

In 55 mins the full match vid uploads on the channel. The enemies from that same match where that clip is from, they gave us one heck of a fight! Kudos to those on the enemy team! You’ll see it soon on the channel. Was one of the most intense/frustrating victories ever lol. :sunglasses:

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Love it when i see a Grievous in GA

You just know he will be dead within a minute or 2

Currently he is such a waste of BP
  • Boba is surprisingly pretty good with HOK now. Jetpack still gets permanently disabled, which is a death sentence, but hey progress.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

unless he doesn't ...

• He needs a buff
    Psn: Jello770

unless he doesn't ...

"World record". I think it's funny when you tubers say "world record" like they can definitely prove that it is a "world record". Ridiculous. I won't watch the video that very reason.
  • He should be able to exit claw rush faster.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    He should be able to exit claw rush faster.

That’s one of my assessments I gave earlier in this thread. His beginning and end animations are way too slow and clunky. They need to be shortened and refined. As is currently some of the slow delays in animations can cause immediate death.

I agree with this statement entirely. +1

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

That’s one of my assessments I gave earlier in this thread. His beginning and end animations are way too slow and clunky. They need to be shortened and refined. As is currently some of the slow delays in animations can cause immediate death.

Yeah it was the one thing I left out of my prior summaries so I felt the need to mention it now after playing with him all day. Just got him to level 28 and he is an absolute juggernaut in HvV. Great to look at and listen to as well. Just needs a few minor tweaks.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Yeah it was the one thing I left out of my prior summaries so I felt the need to mention it now after playing with him all day. Just got him to level 28 and he is an absolute juggernaut in HvV. Great to look at and listen to as well. Just needs a few minor tweaks.

Agreed.

Fixing of his animations timing start/ending, better saber tracking on targets, fixed abilities, better fluidity of movement and less clunkiness, tune his hitbox a bit, fix his UA blocking issue, his thrust accuracy, and we’re good to go :).

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

Agreed.

Fixing of his animations timing start/ending, better saber tracking on targets, fixed abilities, better fluidity of movement and less clunkiness, tune his hitbox a bit, fix his UA blocking issue, his thrust accuracy, and we’re good to go :).

Particularly thrust surge animation. It glitches terribly.
  • Raices
    1425 posts Member
    Boba is surprisingly pretty good with HOK now. Jetpack still gets permanently disabled, which is a death sentence, but hey progress.

Agree, good killstreaks and taking objectives are now posible, he still needs 600 hp tho.
  • I can't find a way to use crafting parts for General Grievous.
    Because I can still use the GG only two times.;P
    so I wish I could use Crafting parts for Hero's(Villain's) skins purchase.

You can exit the claw rush upon impact by hitting the same ability button again when you get the hit marker. The little flip out animation after claw rush also then deals additional damage. It's a bit hard to get the timing right, but it seems to work 80% of the time...
    Would be nice to always be able to exit regardless of hit marker - but since I started using it upon impact, it has definitely improved my Grievous game

You can exit the claw rush upon impact by hitting the same ability button again when you get the hit marker. The little flip out animation after claw rush also then deals additional damage. It's a bit hard to get the timing right, but it seems to work 80% of the time...
    Would be nice to always be able to exit regardless of hit marker - but since I started using it upon impact, it has definitely improved my Grievous game

Yes I know you can hit the button again to exit the ability early. It's the summersault I don't like. Often it gives the target individual time to get up and roll or run away before GG can strike them with sabers. It's IS his best ability currently however. Gotten a surprising amount of kills with it and I don't use the star card for it. Great for escaping as well. With Ray's dash strike, she can run directly into the target player and immediately begin swinging her saber. GG should be able to do the same. Just sayin

The one where he stabs forward. Please make it fast eneugh. And claw rush could last a second longer, or make that a starcard.
    But how about an in game poll? Catch all the people who do not take to the forums.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Here is the bug where Grievous does multiple claw rush melee damage. This one is 4 in total. This needs to be fixed asap.

[url] [/url]
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    That’s kinda how the old Rey dash strike bug was too. Nice clip man! Thanks for sharing so they know and can find a fix for it. +1

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

That’s kinda how the old Rey dash strike bug was too. Nice clip man! Thanks for sharing so they know and can find a fix for it. +1

This happened almost every time. In HvV it's game breaking because of you're the target and get hit by it once you'll lose almost all of your health.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member

This happened almost every time. In HvV it's game breaking because of you're the target and get hit by it once you'll lose almost all of your health.

Agreed.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Unrelenting advance is pretty much worthless.
  • Awesome bug!!
  • More feedback in addition to my earlier feedback... I wrote that I noticed a delay when using his thrust surge ability which caused me to be late in striking in HvV games. However, when I practiced with him on arcade it worked just fine. Is this possibly a lag issue because it happened every time in HvV?

Just because he has lightsabers, he should not have the ability to block laser fire. The ability of a Jedi/Sith/Force user to block lasers is their ability to use the force and reflexes. We've all seen Luke learning the basics in Star Wars on this concept. A late drop in the script (due to being over schedule) in ESB was Luke taking on multiple remotes as part of his training. So General Grievous can be "trained in the Jedi arts" but he can't use the Force which enables its users to block laser fire by lightsaber, not because they have a lightsaber. Whatever cybernetic modifications he has would still not be enough to do this either. If you dropped this ability to block laser fire, which is what I am suggesting, he would not be any different than any other Hero character that uses a blaster in that they will get hit by laser fire. So again as of right now, General Grievous has been given a Force user ability not appropriate for his character. Thanks.
  • Dash
    11651 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    More feedback in addition to my earlier feedback... I wrote that I noticed a delay when using his thrust surge ability which caused me to be late in striking in HvV games. However, when I practiced with him on arcade it worked just fine. Is this possibly a lag issue because it happened every time in HvV?

Just because he has lightsabers, he should not have the ability to block laser fire. The ability of a Jedi/Sith/Force user to block lasers is their ability to use the force and reflexes. We've all seen Luke learning the basics in Star Wars on this concept. A late drop in the script (due to being over schedule) in ESB was Luke taking on multiple remotes as part of his training. So General Grievous can be "trained in the Jedi arts" but he can't use the Force which enables its users to block laser fire by lightsaber, not because they have a lightsaber. Whatever cybernetic modifications he has would still not be enough to do this either. If you dropped this ability to block laser fire, which is what I am suggesting, he would not be any different than any other Hero character that uses a blaster in that they will get hit by laser fire. So again as of right now, General Grievous has been given a Force user ability not appropriate for his character. Thanks.

If you’re going to use Lore to try to explain why he shouldn’t block blaster fire, I’ll use it to describe why and how he can without using the Force.

You have to understand that his brain/computer was so advanced, in a fight with Mace Windu while mace used Vaapad, he started to mimic it and push Mace back. He was Mimicing a Master’s Forbidden Mastered Form.... within seconds..... Which caused Windu to retreat entirely and rethink of who could defeat Grievous. Which ended up being Obi Wan, a full out Defensive Duelist/Master. All this because of his cybernetic brain, Without even using the Force.

Either way the devs pick and choose what aspects of Lore to implement/disregard for this game’s self contained universe/rules/balancing purposes.

Food for thought.

rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If you dropped this ability to block laser fire, which is what I am suggesting, he would not be any different than any other Hero character that uses a blaster in that they will get hit by laser fire. So again as of right now, General Grievous has been given a Force user ability not appropriate for his character. Thanks.

lmao it makes even less sense and is much more game breaking that maul and yoda are not able to block lightsabers. Thats what you should be complaining about, a complete 180 on the canon there.

In grievous' case however it really is a limited ability and that does support the Canon, Grievous has been recorded blocking/refecting blaster bolts more than once in the clone wars, so it wasn't' just a reflex or fluke, but an actual talent he had.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I wish his dash ability was more like mauls. This straight stab sucks. Even if it did work, the target would have to be stationary... and not facing you. Anytime a grievous attempts to use that ability on me, they get a face full of blaster bolts before lunging.
  • Wow, you gave General grevious a full block, now why on Earth Don't maul and yoda? Incredibly unbalanced in HvV as you add more saber Heroes. Those two will eventually become obsolete once Anakin, Obi-wan, Dooku release. I can see it now.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    What do you like about him, what don't you like?

Why can he block blaster fire outside of Unrelenting Advance.

:)

He can in the show.

No, he can't.

He actually can, and I'm not going to knock them for adding it in, it would've been incredibly unbalanced for HvV. A saber Hero that can't block sabers....

No he can't bro at all

Just watched a clone wars episode and he's blocking blasters all right. No question about. Unless my eyes decieve me.
  • KrocketOnBoost
    510 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Grevious looks great, to bad only 1/3 abilities work... Guess 12 months isn't enough to get him running properly lol.
  • hello

sometimes i cannot hit or block. it happens most of the time after i use an ability and an enemy use one on me.

he is strong but not enough stamina

Just give me coruscant and mustafar then I would be happy.
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    hello

sometimes i cannot hit or block. it happens most of the time after i use an ability and an enemy use one on me.

he is strong but not enough stamina

Yeah just a slight stamina buff would be great.

Just give me coruscant and mustafar then I would be happy.
    No idea what you are on about

Regardless, doesn’t change the fact in GA he is toilet
  • New glitch... I was just playing with Grievous in GA and his spider crawl ability stopped working. I could do everything else with him, but no matter how many times I tried to push R1, the ability wouldn't work. I was alive for a few minutes like this and it never came back.