criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Lololll Emperor Diablo :D
  • I have a new problem with match making: If you press the match making button, the game gets stuck on the screen you were on when you press it and you actually have to quit the game completely to fix it.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    EoR MM has been crippling the game for weeks now. No clue why it is still turned on.

Hey hopefully this well help you understand while the EOR is still on ;):smiley:
    F8RGE wrote: »
    First up, nobody is ignoring anyone. Also worth noting that this thread came about over the weekend, so it's plausible to understand that a response may not be immediate.

EOR Matchmaking has given us some great data. We can see, when looking at things through a global lens that the time it takes to find a game has been reduced quite a bit. In some cases we've seen it reduced by over 50%

We can also see that games are also fuller now.

Both of these are goals we wanted to achieve, and in that respect the EOR MM is working very well.

Now, because you are experiencing issues does not mean that everyone else playing is also experiencing it. If you've had problems I would ask that you detail them to us.

Find yourself being put into empty lobbies or anything else that shouldn't be occurring? Give us a time stamp (including time zone), the ping site you're connected to and your gamer tag.

Which is false.
    Another F8RGE lie.
    p29brhiqz8bz.png
    ukoqx753olxp.png
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• Never i have enjoyed so much with this game as now.

IMHO the EOR matchmaking is a tremendous success. Now all rounds are very matched. Even it's difficult to arrive last phase in GA.

Not be repeat the maps, and with each new map there are new teams, almost ever good balanced.

People complain that they go into half empty rounds. This is true , sometimes it happen. But in 90% times, the round fills full before to start or some minutes after.

Wait some minutes more be worth it.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Extraction and Strike suffer the most from this as it almost always leads to a dead lobby and have to quit and search again for another match whuhc you can't find a match and have to restart the game.
  • This was only supposed to be a weekend test, this has gone on for far too long.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.

IMHO the EOR matchmaking is a tremendous success. Now all rounds are very matched. Even it's difficult to arrive last phase in GA.

Not be repeat the maps, and with each new map there are new teams, almost ever good balanced.

People complain that they go into half empty rounds. This is true , sometimes it happen. But in 90% times, the round fills full before to start or some minutes after.

Prove it.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    This was only supposed to be a weekend test, this has gone on for far too long.

Yep its like 3 weeks now, i miss playing SWBF2. But on the other hand i installed back few other games, non from EA/DICE.

I complain about map rotation, lobby was filling up ok. But on most occasion i could not even find a lobby it was just searching constantly... Then after few rounds of the same map, i had enough. So now i wait until it gets fixed / turned off. Not wasting time in menus and on the same maps on repeat.
    Never i have enjoyed so much with this game as now.

Prove it.

He is a troll. Nothing he says means anything. Better off talking to a sea shell.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • EightMile wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Prove it.

He is a troll. Nothing he says means anything. Better off talking to a sea shell.

Like this way do you attack others users? Insult? Seriously?

Only i have a different opinion that you.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Big day yesterday, got home and had time for a few rounds of Battlefront2. Joined a friend on GA at the end of the game, MM kicks in then we got placed on a server with about 5 others. Waited but nothing. Then joined another friend halfway through a game, finished the round then got booted to home screen. Tried again then booted to the home screen. I would normally keep trying but I know better. Game over. This has been the norm since EoR MM was launched. Game over. Oh and to top it off my scanner didn't work on the brief period I spent on Tatooine. I read a post recently that they are just taking the ***** now and i agree
    Need my scanner fixed please

Prove it.

I dont have an opinion. I have facts. Video proof that the EoR MM is in fact broken and messing up this game. I am sure you are too lazy to watch them. So until you find a blues clue there is nothing else to say about your "opinion". move along.
    Ace speeder pilot.

Prove it.

This thread is full of proof, your opinion isn't backed by anything
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • dont feed the trolls now..

been playing HvV tonight some. first few games no EOR MM then after while its kicked back in.
  • OcDoc
    2022 posts Member
    Worked great for me in strike this weekend, but I did come across one thing...

When I played with a friend, if I hit the matchmake button it kicked both of us to an empty lobby. If I let it go through the timer there were no issues.

I am pretty sure that it didn’t seem to matter as much when I was playing solo. Maybe this will help.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    Can we expect Dev response now that it is the week?

you wish man, you have a better chance of becoming a wookiee than a reply from a developer, they don't care tbh.
  • Turn it off, totally ruins SA matches! Playing 2 round with full room and than puff empty room, have to search again
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• At least this mess is happening while I'm loaded with stuff to do for College. I hope it gets fixed before I get more free time to play.

Meanwhile keep feeding evidence to the devs guys, they'll eventually have to adress this, or else they'll lose their player base and then not many people will keep buying this game.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    Wow, the biggest thread in this forum in the least time. A big record.

But it means nothing when devs have not anwered even ONCE to explain how is this improving our game play, or how this EOR MM system works. This is simple mockery at us.

What do you mean? They’ve said it’s 50% faster and games are fuller!!!!!!!
  • Afasia
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately the game is very broken, matchmaking sucks. Try to create a group with friends and join a match. You will always be played on an empty server.
    - The Squad System is impaired due to this EORMM, it is impossible to play matches in the same squad with your friends of the created group, it is always changed.
    If you create a group the intention is to play in the same squad.
    - Grievous came full of problems his abilities do not work correctly, L1 does not damage, L1 + R1 does not reflect any shot.
    - In Heroes vs. Villains mode, it is full of glitchs, people enter walls, ground, often aiming to practice the anti game and the developers are not even there.
    We do not have updates, nothing predictions. We need support.
    - to finalize, finding a match in Starfight assault is very difficult, mode is abandoned.
    We need EA support, he says, whoever's in charge.
    - I play every day the game on PS4 Pro with my friends.
    My Id is Afasia__
  • Jediseth1
    Playstation 4
    Ohio, Virginia ping site.
    So, after EOR matchmaking I am occasionally put into a different game mode. I went from playing HvV to Hero star fighters
    Friday, 11/8 6:30 PM
    Heroes vs Villans
    Virginia
    It also happened again around the same time connected to the same ping I wan in Strike then shuttled to Ewok Hunt.
  • Jediseth1 wrote: »
    Jediseth1
    Playstation 4
    Ohio, Virginia ping site.
    So, after EOR matchmaking I am occasionally put into a different game mode. I went from playing HvV to Hero star fighters
    Friday, 11/8 6:30 PM
    Heroes vs Villans
    Virginia
    It also happened again around the same time connected to the same ping I wan in Strike then shuttled to Ewok Hunt.

thats the only way they get people to play ewok hunt lol
  • This game is not fuller nor is it filling 50% faster
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Last time I played in Extraction there was a regular map rotation, and I don't know if teams swapped, as my team was just as successful (or unsuccessful) when it was our turn to push or contest the payload. Also, some players left, but I'm not sure if they just quit (I played hero starfighters later, and before it match made a few people quit). This was without pressing the button.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • zqek41dnbsxu.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Still no reply, unbelievable, shocking and a insult to all your customers.
  • EightMile
    1867 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This game is not fuller nor is it filling 50% faster

Well "games" fill up 50% faster. That doesnt mean they are playable. Only playable games are full. Lobbies like you went into are "exempt" from the data.

Ill match that video too! But I cant download my last one. It was 1.5 hours long and too big to get on my YT.

We are being ignored 100%. No feed back was taken seriously. Game is unplayable for a lot of people. Anyone care? Anyone? Anyone?
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • I think it is time for a response from the development team @IIPrest0nII
    hojevrxvarht.png
    This game is not fuller nor is it filling 50% faster

"Oh look. We're going to Kashyyk this time. Do you think we'll actually get to pla- yup..."
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
    I think it is time for a response from the development team @IIPrest0nII

Soon.

At least You keep my hopes still alive !
  • Yeah why not just a response like...hey we hear you, we're working on it?
    I think it is time for a response from the development team @IIPrest0nII

Soon.

It really isn't a good thing that people associated with the development of this game are using the joke term that is heavily associated with the abysmal post-launch support this game has gotten.

Agree with that