criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    I think it is time for a response from the development team @IIPrest0nII

Soon.

Improve it, but not remove. ;-)

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Please remove it, it's trash.
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Soon.

It really isn't a good thing that people associated with the development of this game are using the joke term that is heavily associated with the abysmal post-launch support this game has gotten.

If you expected to see more from me regarding EOR MM, well sorry, but I don't know anything more, I'm just a moderator of these forums and I know no more and no less than yours. You asked when there will be a response from the team, I also asked this question and here is the answer. I think in this case you should not consider this term as a joke.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted that comment here at all.

<3

I'm sure you understand the context of "soon" dating as far back as BF1. No one likes to hear soon as a response. They can easily say it's being worked on we will get back to you .
  • IcedFreon wrote: »

Soon.

It really isn't a good thing that people associated with the development of this game are using the joke term that is heavily associated with the abysmal post-launch support this game has gotten.

If you expected to see more from me regarding EOR MM, well sorry, but I don't know anything more, I'm just a moderator of these forums and I know no more and no less than yours. You asked when there will be a response from the team, I also asked this question and here is the answer. I think in this case you should not consider this term as a joke.

<3

I'm sure you understand the context of "soon" dating as far back as BF1. No one likes to hear soon as a response. They can easily say it's being worked on we will get back to you .

I thought the use of soon was appropriate. To me it means never. They will never remove the EoRMM..
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real

Soon.

The self awareness is so high that it’s on shirts, I expected no less and no more.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Soon.

<3

Do not kill the messenger ;)

At least it is some communication which for some will be enough to at least stay and see how it ends.
    They are probably wondering the same thing, how to tell folks this stuff is here to stay. Which by no means is acceptable at least for me, but it will give me a clear picture, stay with SWBF2 or move along.

Soon.

Dates or an actual timeframe go a long way.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1227 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Soon.

<3

Exactly Prest0n, if you have nothing to say, don't say it. 'Soon' is as empty as an answer can be. If you were more devoted to be the bridge between community members and EA Staff / Dev Team, you'd come with a more satisfying response, even if it also meant that they wanted to tell us: 'a response will come soon'. Because that would be caring for the community, something you didn't show when simply coming here with a 'Soon' as an answer expecting that to accomplish anything good.

And I love when you moderators get to remember everyone you're just players like us. If you're just like us, what's your opinion on MM? Do you even play this game? Can you have a differing opinion then that of EA? Or is this just an excuse to pass the responsibility on to the superiors?

Nice of you to organize this topic on behalf of EA and F8RGE, but you must act more like a player and less like an employee if you want those arguments of 'being like us' to make sense.

A player dedicated enough to become a moderator of the game's forum would DEFINETLY have an opinion on MM. So what is it? And please don't come with an answer as empty as your 'Soon' (e.g. I find MM is fine).
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • kcc9r1bblrhj.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • IIPrest0nII
    4704 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @RogueZeroRendar

I've edited your post and removed discussion of moderation part. Let's follow the rules please: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator

Soon.

<3

No way, man. That’s an awesome response. I mean yeah, I understand his point and it’s credible, but that response was perfect. I smiled, then chuckled. Everyone should understand by now that updates and fixes are measured in weeks to months. Knowing that doesn’t help of course. Still, the occasional drop of the word “soon” by mods or devs it to me, valuable humor at this point. Nice.

Soon.

<3

Exactly Prest0n, if you have nothing to say, don't say it. 'Soon' is as empty as an answer can be. If you were more devoted to be the bridge between community members and EA Staff / Dev Team, you'd come with a more satisfying response, even if it also meant that they wanted to tell us: 'a response will come soon'. Because that would be caring for the community, something you didn't show when simply coming here with a 'Soon' as an answer expecting that to accomplish anything good.

And I love when you moderators get to remember everyone you're just players like us. If you're just like us, what's your opinion on MM? Do you even play this game? Can you have a differing opinion then that of EA? Or is this just an excuse to pass the responsibility on to the superiors?

Nice of you to organize this topic on behalf of EA and F8RGE, but you must act more like a player and less like an employee if you want those arguments of 'being like us' to make sense.

A player dedicated enough to become a moderator of the game's forum would DEFINETLY have an opinion on MM. So what is it? And please don't come with an answer as empty as your 'Soon' (e.g. I find MM is fine).

Seriously? Take it easy man. It’s just a video game.
  • Lol wow. Its getting harsh up in har
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • That is something I do wonder about if the devs/mods actually play the game regularly like us. I do respect Preston is trying to help us. Not sure what good will come with it but atleast he is trying.

So tried to play HvV yesterday, wait times was horrible and when games was made it was squash matches. So bad the rebel team had no kills what so ever.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1227 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Soon.

<3

Seriously? You paid for this. I paid for this. We all paid for this, and it wasn't cheap. It's a triple A game. Getting an "employee" free of charge for EA like Prest0n to poorly appease us while their "live service" continues to be a mess for over a year now is RIDICULOUS.

It could be a toy, it could be a trip, anything actually. We paid for this, and we were promised several things that didn't come to be true. Among lies, delays, and BUGs everywhere, we're striving to keep having fun with Star Wars. If it wasn't Star Wars, this game and its community would already be dead.
    @RogueZeroRendar

I've edited your post and removed discussion of moderation part. Let's follow the rules please: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines

"Thanks" for doing the annoying part of a mod's job here, but where is your opinion on MM? You're a player as you love to remind us, so where is your opinion? You're quick to enforce the rules on me, but to answer a simple question it's difficult isn't it? <3
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • other games
    Me too. All of you posting should take this route for awhile.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • once again the fix they tried last week doesn't work. this afternoon i played GA with 3 friends . i hit the X button (xbox one) to active the matcmaking and they put us in starfigher assault !

could you please killswitch the EOR MM like you did with palpatine this spring ? fix it first and then bring it back (or not!)

if i wanted to change the mode, i will go back to the main menu, i don't need you to change the mode i am playing.

no offence but EOR MM is worst than ever ! fuller servers ? maybe or maybe not but for sure it is not working correctly.
  • Eshtazaki
    180 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Wow you really gonna go after one of few ppl who want to help out as much as he can ? For the short few weeks i seen maybe two helpful guys here, and you wanna nitpick one of them... Instead give him some support by cutting on the hate he is not the dev who put this rubbish om place, i am also frustrated as hell as product i loved and paid for got broken. From my perspective this EOR MM should end after the test weekend. It did not and probably will not. But as long as there is a slight chance, i will grasp to hope that someone responsible will come to his/her senses and this EOR MM stuff will be off soon.
    Edit:
    Or at least someone who can do it will say that this stays and ir is definite, and then i will never buy DICE product again.

Soon.

<3

Seriously? You paid for this. I paid for this. We all paid for this, and it wasn't cheap. It's a triple A game. Getting an "employee" free of charge for EA like Prest0n to poorly appease us while their "live service" continues to be a mess for over a year now is RIDICULOUS.

It could be a toy, it could be a trip, anything actually. We paid for this, and we were promised several things that didn't come to be true. Among lies, delays, and BUGs everywhere, we're striving to keep having fun with Star Wars. If it wasn't Star Wars, this game and its community would already be dead.
    @RogueZeroRendar

"Thanks" for doing the annoying part of a mod's job here, but where is your opinion on MM? You're a player as you love to remind us, so where is your opinion? You're quick to enforce the rules on me, but to answer a simple question it's difficult isn't it? <3

Yes, we paid for it. And it could be better. Many things could be better. That being said, it’s still a great game, and I got my money’s worth by May/June. I bought it in February. Everything else is just a bonus.

@||Prest0n|| or any moderators job isn’t to appease us. They are simply here to regulate the rules of this forum. Anything else is also just a bonus. Beating up moderators on the forum will accomplish nothing. They know no more than we do. They aren’t responsible for any content, nor do they have direct lines to Stockholm.

His response was actually pretty humorous, in light of the whole soon vebage that we’ve received from those who actually are responsible for this game. I thought so at least.
  • Wowzers, look at what EoR MM is doing to us. haha

I can feeeeel your anger, it gives you focus, makes you stronger
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • played another 4 games of HvV and 3 of the 4 matches was squash matches. makes we wanna quit but also enjoy playing hoping to find a good game that is worth my time and not ruin my mood.
  • I just played 3 rounds of blast and what happened was that it started at Crait, went to the Palace Hangar and finished on Theed (it was going to take me to Tatooine next, but I decided to quit while I was ahead), which seems like the proper rotation, but I was on the light side all three times. The first round we won with over 60 tickets, second round we lost with over 40 kills remaining (I want to say 46, but I'm not sure), and third round we lost with around 10 (more or less) kills remaining, and it was probably the most fun I ever had in Blast! I even got an excellent killstreak with the Aerial (seven or more, which is unpresidantly high for me. I would have given exact numbers, but I forgot to check), and made the top 5 all three matches!
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • sad to see this thread up to almost 20 pages. i know this additional note is contributing to it, but this has to garner some attention. #EORmatchmakinghatersmatter#
  • EightMile
    1864 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    sad to see this thread up to almost 20 pages. i know this additional note is contributing to it, but this has to garner some attention. #EORmatchmakinghatersmatter#

right there with you
    I dont even want to log on ingame and try to play
    too many issues make the game miserable
    EoR MM the worst. If it is not removed by the end of November then this game is lost. Any update will be unplayable and 1 year after release will be the end
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • to be clear, im still unsure is EOR matchmaking really matchmaking or just a really long data gathering exercise? they will use the information they gain to roll out the real matchmaking improvements in 2019. Maybe im just being optimisitc but i guess for some reason i always thought this whole thing was just a test that went on too long. now it has become the real matchmaking. just like anything the fixes dont come for months and it goes on far to long, becoming the new "normal." The shroud of EOR matchmaking has fallen. Begun the empty lobbies have.

Soon.

<3

Well this is a game-crippling issue and you seem to have contact with the developers who seem to be outright ignoring our evidence that this is killing the game, at this point the "it looks good on our end" statement is coming across as a blatant lie.

Empty servers

Can't play in squads with friends

Changing game modes

Playing as the same faction many times in a row

Being forced onto laggy ping sites

This NEEDS to be addressed, I asked you because the moderators seem to have contact with the development team.

Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Well here's another empty lobby:

Playing HvV. Got put into a lobby with one other person.
  • its a sad sad state. We all want what is best for the game long term and i dont think this EOR is the solution. the big issue is that it leads to casual users quitting early. those of us who play everyday put up with it and have learned to deal with it. but those new players coming in, or those original players who uniinstalled the game due to lack of updates, who are coming back curious about the improvements in Geonosis They will have a short lived experience because no matter how good the new modes and vehicles and heroes are, if you have to deal with frustrating matchmaking, only the most hardcore players will put up with it. Its bad for the future of the game. This is our most desperate hour.
    at this point the "it looks good on our end" statement is coming across as a blatant lie.

That alone is forgivable, in my opinion. At least the first couple of days.
    It's the fact that that is the last thing we've heard about it.
    Not a "We hear you, we're looking into it."
    Not a "Our bad man, on second investigation, we have some problems to work out."
    Not even a "This is being looked into"
    F8RGE always has time to respond to compliments, and pat himself on the back for ending "the radio silence" that came before him, but never wants to touch the tough subjects.

So much time has past now that no amount of "We're looking into it" is going to fix this.
    It's time for solutions. I'd like to play this game again someday.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • It's not even about the undeniable fact that the matchmaking system sucks, it's the blatant actions/inaction of the devs. Not responding to this makes the way they handled the game look worse than it ever has. Now that's an accomplishment.

And dont even try to defend their canned responses, it's a joke.
  • i wish we knew what the goal of it is. i mean just a few basic questions if i may:

1. is it a test or is it real matchmaking?
    2. If it is a test how long will it go on?
    3. If the goal is to fill up matches as quick as possible, what about the reports of empty lobbies and splitting up friends?
    are our systems just outliers?
    4. is it intended to put you into a different mode entirely?
  • Nothing like playing one map of GA and then being thrown into HvV!
  • Zappa2510
    361 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    first time happening tonight to me was playing blast with the girlfriend and we got put into heroes vs villains!

I was on the verge of giving into the new match making as it was doing well for a few days and then last few days things has been so one sided and the players so arrogant that it makes me more angry that i cant play and enjoy games.

also to add now its been one year since playing the game the current state of it really makes me sad.
    Post edited by Zappa2510 on
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    first time happening tonight to me was playing blast with the girlfriend and we got put into heroes vs villains!

I was on the verge of giving into the new match making as it was doing well for a few days and then last few days things has been so one sided and the players so arrogant that it makes me more angry that i cant play and enjoy games.

also to add now its been one year since playing the game the current state of it really makes me sad.

It has been approx the same time for me, almost one year, i had so much fun with it... and now i got steamrolls, broken map rotation (constantly getting the same map), even if i get the map i like, how many times can you play it straight...

Also i was spending more time in lobby waiting for players, in menu waiting to find a lobby than actual gameplay :(
    Sad, angry, disappointed, sometimes feels like i'm turning to the dark side...
  • F8RGE
    888 posts EA Community Manager
    Dropping a note on this.

As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Description of the issue
    • Time and date it occurred
    • Ping site you're connected to
    • Game mode you were playing
    • Were you in a group
  • jonci
    1182 posts Member
    Oh god not the head in the sand answer again, perhaps we on the forum should accept that:
    Getting kicked from a full game to empty servers,
    The repeated playing of the same side
    Incessant LAG is definitely our fault.
    Moving from one mode to another without even trying
    Being told one of us initiated matchmaking (which is a blatant lie)
    Having to quit to search for a new game.
    Unable to join friends.
    Is our fault lol.
    50% quicker ( due to server reduction numbers) well guess your test rig must be a ZX Spectrum and you have it down from 10 minutes to almost 5 now, well done.
    I will now write to my ISP and ask them to switch off my super fast connection and blame them or i could just look at my gaming rig and blame the high end couple of grand set up i have, must be my 32gb ram or 4000mhz processor or my 1080ti doing it.

Gamertag: (not saying but it isn't what i use here in the forum but am UK based).
    Platform: PC
    Description of the issue: See above
    Time and date it occurred: every day
    Ping site you're connected to: Europe, 12 ms
    Game mode you were playing: SA and HVV and Blast and GA and Strike. (no extraction or ewok or hero SA as no games available 1066 or other errors)
    Were you in a group: only occasionally for HVV. Often it will not let us join each other.
  • Cadoth
    1164 posts Member

Soon.

<3

Thank you for clarifying that 😉, at first when I saw that “soon” I was a little bit confused 🤭
  • Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !
    So if your ultimate goal is to push ppl away from your products and from producer, you won guys, you can add me to that pool !

Well at least i had some fun before so i am not sorry to spend money on it in the first place, also the Singe Player campaign was quite good for me.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

Those tests went well and while we thought we could still improve things, we were happy with how things were. We performed multiple back-end updates to improve the system even more, and again, we saw improvements across the board.

We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

If you are encountering anything odd then I would kindly request that you provide the following, as this will assist in us pinpointing any potential issues.
    • Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Were you in a group

I don't even know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, because you ALWAYS say the same trash over and over. SHOW US THE DATA!!! because im sure the 19 p[ages of COMPLAINTS on this thread isn't enough for you to turn OFF EOR.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

• Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Were you in a group

I don't even know if I should take this seriously or as a joke, because you ALWAYS say the same trash over and over. SHOW US THE DATA!!! because im sure the 19 p[ages of COMPLAINTS on this thread isn't enough for you to turn OFF EOR.
    19 pages of complaints from a handful of the same people doesn’t realistically mean that their data is wrong

I’ve never had one issue on PS4

Hi, no hate, an legitimate question, so you never seen broken map rotation in for example GA (if you play this mode), you were never thrown into different game mode as EOR kicks in ?

Very happy for you :) maybe i should buy a PS4 :|
  • Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    SVEJ wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

• Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Were you in a group

19 pages of complaints from a handful of the same people doesn’t realistically mean that their data is wrong

I’ve never had one issue on PS4

Hi, no hate, an legitimate question, so you never seen broken map rotation in for example GA (if you play this mode), you were never thrown into different game mode as EOR kicks in ?

Very happy for you :) maybe i should buy a PS4 :|
    Nope no issues at all

The only time I was rage was when we had the stupid Halloween “special” few days, the same 3-4 maps on rotation but that was deliberate, that really annoyed me
  • astrotrain101
    346 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    edit 2: Ok I concede and I truly hope this helps because I love playing Star Wars Battlefront 2. Also, I'm not lucky enough to have unlimited download and super fast connection and my mobile wifi cost me a fortune. I really don't appreciate being part of an AI experiment at my own loss and a cost of my time and money, especially when the greater benefit is most likely not for the customer. I'll put a fifty on it that share holders have a hand in on this one, grubs. And I don't have one second of time for WW simulators, so BF5 can flunk for all I care.

Gamertag
    Platform- PS4
    Description of the issue- Sent to foreign server
    Time and date it occurred- Just now 14/11/18 22:30
    Ping site you're connected to- Sydney Australia ~18ms
    Game mode you were playing- GA
    Were you in a group- Group of 4

This has been happening since EoR MM started along with being sent to the home screen, half full and empty lobbies. One of the above issues happens 9/10 attempts at playing GA. I have figured that the EoR MM algorithm determines larger groups as a lower priority to remain on that server so I have tried many combinations like, on my own, groups of two, three, four, many more but really I just see the same results. Actually like i said above we generally don't risk being in groups of more than 4 because its game over if we do and to be fair the most maps I've been able to play is 3-4 in a row playing by myself or in a group of no more than 4. And the starting numbers for each round are very poor and one sided. Its pretty obvious whats going on when I see 10-20 players disappear. They usually come back if they can but the games half over! Then it happens again when the next map comes around!!. I'm lucky enough to have a very good memory and be very observant. I do record most of this anyway and have gigabots of evidence but don't expect me to upload it as it cost me time and money. I am also being polite by only speaking for myself but i'm hearing the exact same from the most of my friends. This will be my last post on this issue and I truly hope it counts for something positive for the players because I've had a gutfull of EoR MM

[Edited language]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

• Gamertag
    • Platform
    • Were you in a group

Thank you for the answer but it’s quite the same as the other ones we received so far😕
  • Draco_RSA
    486 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Eshtazaki wrote: »
    Ok so that means SWBF 2 is dead for me, as you are pushing it down our throats, no matter if we want it or not !

Do not confuse 'we' with 'I'.

Just because you have a problem with something does't mean everyone else does.

If this was as big a problem as you claim it to be, it wouldn't be the same people mentioning it over and over again. I'm not saying you don't have legitimate grounds to complain, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the negative impact is very confined right now.

For the vast majority of players, it has been an improvement.
    @F8RGE Again no meaningful comment addressing switching game modes or broken map rotation !

I've given you a response, and while it may not be the response you wanted it was unlikely to ever satisfy you. Even if I came out and said "Just for you, Eshtazaki, we're turning it off". It likely wouldn't have been good enough.

As above, if you have specifics then I'll be more than happy to hear them and work with the team here at DICE to investigate your account to see what's happened, and if it identifies any issues that we can work towards.

It comes across as if you are blaming us for having problems with the system you implemented.

I actually have 5 friends that left the game due to EOR MM. The "few" of us here on the forums complaining are people that care about this game - we really do and feel very passionate about it. Enough so that we actually take the time to post here and even make suggestions.

I don't think the vast majority is actually happy with the system. When playing I am always seeing other people complaining in chat about the eor mm system.

We have legit problems and questions as well as a good suggestion that will solve most of the problems.

Issues:

- Map rotation is broken due to EOR MM
    - Squad system is broken due to EOR MM
    - There is still no real balance
    -
    Fixes:

- Give us the choice of staying on a server (if we press the MM button then it will take those that press it to another server)
    - Enable a team shuffle
    - keep friends playing in a squad together - was that not one of the features of the squad system?