criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

1181921232429

Replies

  • Unbeliveable f8rge you say data is fine but is it showing people playing same map ? Long wait time for lobbies ? Laggy games where people are teleporting? This is a joke
  • @f8rge can I have a refund for this game, can you inform psn for me that you will issue refunds. You asked for feedback and take no notice, I didn't sign up for thos
  • thelasteverjedi
    1566 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    let me bring balance to the force.

    we wanted:
    1. team shuffling - ie keep the same people, shuffle them into different teams
    2. map rotation - keep moving forwards and play all maps once
    3. no endless waiting - changing maps and starting games asap

    i think it's working, i have not had issues with regards to 1-3 since the latest EOR MM

    but you must set your server to where you want to be MM'd otherwise it may not work and send you to a different planet ... i think ...

    PS what this doesn't guarantee is immediate balance, as I think balance is achieved on average. that can be spoiled by many factors, including teams playing.

    @F8RGE
    Post edited by thelasteverjedi on
  • Will appreciate a ETA for servers to be returned for "duty".

    define returned to duty? Are you speaking in regards to the regions being changed?

    A number of servers were removed, amongst them South Africa and Ireland.
    We presume to fill up lobbies for the sake of EoR MM.
  • always wondered that too how are we able to find the servers we are on location. it only shows my settings location nothing else.
  • Something that really bothers me, I know you say the majority of players are not having issues...sure that might be true. Even so we the "minority" paid just as much for the game and to be saying oh well only a few players have problems...so screw them is not right. We should be able to play as well right?
  • I made a video showing that Extraction works, but I couldn't upload it like I could a photo, and I wasted so much time trying to do so. that I can't find many players on Ewok Hunt, meaning I might not be able to complete the daily challenges which expire in about 17 minutes.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • White_Valkyrie
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So I played 6 straight hours tonight and didnt have a single game that was FULL. Averaged around 20-30 players.

    mca694dams41.jpeg


    Galactic Assault
    Xbox One
    1830-0030 Pacific Time
    US, Oregon Ping Site
    No Party

    Put into a filled server at 0042
    Post edited by White_Valkyrie on
  • IronSoldier
    3726 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Blinker wrote: »
    @f8rge can I have a refund for this game, can you inform psn for me that you will issue refunds. You asked for feedback and take no notice, I didn't sign up for thos

    If you bought the game via the Sony store: https://www.playstation.com/get-help/contact-form/
    Otherwise you'd need to contact the 3rd party retailer.
  • Legit gameplay issues aside, how does this thing work from a legit "matchmaking" point of view?

    I've lost track of how many "Not with you people" moments I've had over the last week. I thought it's meant to matchmake us with players of equal skill, not put 10 ok players on the opposition and 19 brainless sheep on your side.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Legit gameplay issues aside, how does this thing work from a legit "matchmaking" point of view?

    I've lost track of how many "Not with you people" moments I've had over the last week. I thought it's meant to matchmake us with players of equal skill, not put 10 ok players on the opposition and 19 brainless sheep on your side.


    Ha, if you would say 18 i would say - you were on my team also or something ?

    It was exactly the same case for me, before EOR MM system i would usually stick even if at beginning i was on the loosing side, as after few matches the ppl left, new ppl came and it got balanced after time.

    Now it was more like a steamroll, maybe 2-3 ppl playing objective on my side, and opposing team was literally crushing us so bad... like
    7kfIcDF.jpg
  • Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @f8rge if it only effecting a few people then you have no reason not to offer refunds, I am one of the few and I'm not enjoying this game, I tired of the lag, last night there was people that where impossible to kill and they where in front of me one min and behind me the next. I'm also tired of joining games that are nearly over and then have to matchmake again.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

    In this battle of evidence, the devs have come unarmed.

    More like the Emperor's New Clothes :)
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • jonci wrote: »
    Might i offer a suggestion which i don't think anyone has made yet, and one that seems reasonable under the circumstances i mean no one has anything to hide by not doing it and i do not suppose it will affect any ones game play negatively.
    Turn it off for 1 week only, and see if the any of the reported issues remain (other than the lag, cant see this being due to EOR MM).

    Let the responses come in then and see if people are reporting negatively or positively. It will calm people down and i believe actually get positive responses if a survey is done.

    The devs themselves said it was gonna be temporary.

    ...But I suppose we should've seen it coming.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima


    The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

    y6qvidach2x9.png

    "I have never died to a Finn"
  • @F8RGE
    PS4
    ping site Oregon (55) in Cali
    This is not matchmaking.
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • Matches start with numerically unbalanced teams like 12 vs 20

    Will often be put on either LS or DS teams several times in a row in HvV.

    Teams are horribly unbalanced where it is just steamroll after steamroll no matter the mode.

    XB1 West Coast anytime.
    #StarWars-y
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Also... I’ve seen quite a few people mention getting tossed from one mode to another. How in the hell can they say it’s working when things like this are happening. This shouldn’t be happening AT ALL. Ever.

    Because its our fault when something isnt working as intended. That's the message I've been getting whenever a certain someone decides to post around here.

    "EORMM is working great. We won't show you how but it is. Any problems you're experiencing is probably on your end because our stuff works as intended everytime we launch something new."
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    I've already given a couple of comments in line with what you'd class as meaningful. I've explained that we can see it's working well for the vast majority of players.

    If there are specific problems you are having, please do let us know about them (as mentioned earlier). Providing specifics does help.

    Map rotation, we're always looking at ways to improve this. We do look at our data very regularly to see how often each map is being played and if there is something not right, we'll make changes. As for game modes, exact times and specifics for when you experienced this would be beneficial, as this allows us to dive into our server logs at that exact moment.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    The number of times I see turn it off, it's not working. Yet when specifics are given, it helps. So here is my feedback:
    EOR MM has been working quite well for me, but I occasionally get empty lobbies. So I leave and get a full one next run.
    I notice that matches ten do be balanced, however, I will point out that even a slight imbalance is felt heavily on Kamino. I might recommend adjusting that map a little, for phase 1,3, and 4. It disagrees with EOR MM. As for the rest of the maps, you should take objective placement into account. Attackers will steamroll Hoth if rebels neglect the objective. So splitting the objective players evenly between the two teams would be good, while also splitting the lethal ones evenly as well. I believe EOR MM goes on bp right now.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • it is good for one thing. I can make a drink in between games now without fear of the match starting.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    it is good for one thing. I can make a drink in between games now without fear of the match starting.

    I can do house chores, could incorporate a workout routine into the mix... you name it. EOR is good for you!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Yes we have found that matches are filling up faster and less players are afk. This is what we are looking for in matchmaking.
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Legit gameplay issues aside, how does this thing work from a legit "matchmaking" point of view?

    I've lost track of how many "Not with you people" moments I've had over the last week. I thought it's meant to matchmake us with players of equal skill, not put 10 ok players on the opposition and 19 brainless sheep on your side.

    This is the exact reason I quit this game.
    Watching how MMing works in this game, what players get put together in smaller modes, it's clear this is just random server shuffle. Which means you're playing the lottery for a decent team.
    Some times you get a good team, but more often than not it's a "not with you people" team.
    My old strat when solo queueing was to just back out until I found a competitive server. But with MMing, that doesn't matter anymore.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • One simple request as a work around for empty lobbies, please add a matchmaking button to the menu that has quit. This way if you get stuck in an empty lobby, it places a person back in the action quicker instead of going back to the main menu and then reselecting game mode. The use of this button could also be tracked to help identify when empty lobbies are formed.
    I notice that matches ten do be balanced, however, I will point out that even a slight imbalance is felt heavily on Kamino.

    I think Kamino's problem is the game is that it heavily favors defense. EORMM has made the game too balanced in most cases, IMO, for Kamino.

  • stevenomes wrote: »
    it is good for one thing. I can make a drink in between games now without fear of the match starting.

    from forges twitter post today they are all drinking today!
  • Not super down with having to play as the lightside OR the darkside 2, 3 or 4 times in a row in HVV due to this "match making". It also completely messes up the map rotation.

    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Here's a crazy idea @F8RGE, why don't you tell us how EOR MM is supposed to work and what happens if you do or don't press the matchmake button?

    In my own experience., if I don't press the button I move to the next map (in GA rotation) and the lobby is almost always ready to go (with most of the same players as the last match). My assumption is that if the lobby isn't full it is because too many people have pressed the button or quit. I think though that the message we get "matchmaking in x seconds" might be misleading people to believe that MM will occur irrespective of whether they press the button or not. I have seen some comments on the forum along the lines of 'the button just speeds up the MM process'. My experience when pressing the button (which I haven't done for a while) is that I go almost always to Yavin IV (which appears to be my default map) and a lobby that needs filling. So I always now quit back to menu if I want to leave a lobby as this usually means I can get back into another lobby straight away.

    I suspect the issue with smaller modes like HvV is where even one person either quitting or pressing MM means the lobby is not full and then requires new players is always going to result in a delay. My experience is limited really to GA and a bit of HvV but generally wait times are not more than a minute (UK XB1). I also have no experience of playing in a squad/group so don't know how that affects things.

    Some answers to these questions might help others who are having problems though:

    What happens (or is supposed to happen) if I don't press the MM button?

    What if I do?

    What if one or more people in a group press it?

    What if I am in a group and no one presses it but other people on my team do? Particularly in small modes like HvV, Blast etc.

    There are probably loads more questions that could and should be asked and answered. Your approach at the moment is being seen by some of the community as blaming them for the problems that they are experiencing. You are also asking them to provide specific examples of an issue they face pretty much every time they try to play. Why not give some guidance to these people that might help them get into games and stay in lobbies?
  • jonci
    1105 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    Here's a crazy idea @F8RGE, why don't you tell us how EOR MM is supposed to work and what happens if you do or don't press the matchmake button?

    In the HVV matches we play as a group from different countries, and i can assure you no one presses the matchmaking button, yet after 2 goes (or 1 full round) it says one of us selected it which as i keep saying is a blatant lie.

    Last night i couldn't join the guys until i reloaded the game. 1730 hrs UK time. Had the same issue at 2010 hrs.
    Throughout the evening this happened to others in the group.
    3 occasions we lost players to another mode, so it spits up groups who are joined to begin with.
    5 occasions we lost players to main home screen.
    4 occasions we had to wait more than 4 minutes to find a game.
    7 occasions we had to quit, as no one joined on the opposite team (this one happens other nights and i conclude it moves you all based upon stats / BP) .
    3 occasions massive LAG, one game on mos eisley everyone speeding past me at a super fast rate. Weirdly when i had lag the other UK based player had none, only a guy from Netherlands, then when we were ok the other UK and European based guys were Lagging.
    All in all a frustrating 5 hours.
    Getting hit by blaster or sabres after the hero / villain has died and disappeared.
    What appears to be shooting through walls yet we know is LAG (this causes unnecessary accusations).
    Battling a player only to then see them disappear and then see them battling some one else 50 yards away is really confusing.
    Having no ability's work at all due to the LAG, is annoying.
    Getting killed by some one who isn't there, due to Lag then seeing them over your characters corpse is beyond broken.
    However i am in the minority and it works so what do i know.
  • Had two full game and than - NO ONE ASKED for it but the MM started to search for me, when i clearly didnt even click on that cursed option...yea thank you DICE again! fp5h34zozsb6.png
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Dropping a note on this.

    As you know, the End of Round Matchmaking had been tested a multiple times over the last few months. Each time we saw good progress but it also had minor issues. We worked on these issues and recently we were in a position to test it again.

    ****Minor issues: I would say that being dropped into a server that never fills, or takes 10+ min to fill, is not really a minor issue. If it were a minor issue, I suspect this would have been fixed by now, as it appears to be the #1 complaint. **


    We have seen time to find a game drop drastically. We're not talking 1-2 seconds saved here and there, but a reduction of more than 50% in some cases. Unlike our previous tests, it is also working well across all game modes, large and small. We are seeing the time to matchmake be at its lowest level and games are more full.

    ****This drop in wait time is very sporadic, in PS4 land. In Hero Starfighters, the waits are still excruciating. Although wait times might be better in some modes, 50% drop in time doesn't sound so great when it means you wait 6 min for a game to fill instead of 12 min. Which is what myself and my fellow groups players regularly experience. If we weren't booted into new servers, the wait time would be about one minute, which is what it used to be, and what we so longingly want back. Note: while I type this, my game is sitting in a screen waiting for more players, it's been that way for 35 minutes now.**


    Games being more full was also one of our goals, and it's something that we've achieved.

    ****Although this is partly true, the kicker is that the games often don't fill until near the end of a round. So you got kicked to a new map, where the game finally started after waiting for enough players to half fill the server. Another bunch of people come in, and by the time the server is full, the game is almost over. So then you probably get to play a second match on the same map, which is full. BUT: At the end of that match, you all get kicked to half-full servers again. So it often feels like, at best, every other game is more full, with long waits in between.**

    We've been analysing our server telemetry very carefully, after every tweak we make we ensure the needle is pointing in the right direction. We've also been looking at feedback from players and we can see that it has improved over time from the recent integration and then subsequent tweaks.

    This is not to say that there won't be some people that are experiencing problems. In an online world, this is always likely to happen to some regard.

    ****I'd just like you to realize that there are a LOT of players not reporting the issues to you, and they just complain to each other about it, or worse, leave the game disgruntled without reporting anything to you. I have to say that the comment you made in another post about all the people not complaining was a bit condescending. The people who come on here to report are generally the people who care most about the game, and who are aware of the means we have for feedback. I was in a SA group that regularly played together, with over 250 players in it, but in the past 4 months, it has dropped to only about 5 or so that play regularly anymore. So I'm in other groups right now, and I play with dozens of other players over the course of a few weeks, and I chat with them about the issues with the game, and I asked if any of them go here to report issues, and they all said no. However, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has huge issues with the EOR MM. Maybe because we play in groups and the issues are more pronounced with groups, but if this is any way representative of what percentage of people are not reporting problems, you may have a bigger issue on your hands than you care to admit.****
  • Question for all here: Do you play one game mode more then others and when you go to play something else it takes you back to that said game mode?

    Everytime I play Blast now it takes me back to Heroes Vs Villains now no matter what.
  • Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Question for all here: Do you play one game mode more then others and when you go to play something else it takes you back to that said game mode?

    Everytime I play Blast now it takes me back to Heroes Vs Villains now no matter what.

    I would play whichever mode has a daily challenge tied to it, and for a time it would take me to whichever map, but it only repeated when there's few maps to begin with (Extraction, Night Event on GA, half tempted to mention Ewok Hunt as a joke) and that was twice. Empty lobbies were few, except for modes that have low population. But the last two or three times I played the game Extraction and Blast (I also tried Hero Starfighters, but I forgot the rotation, and people quit during the faction which which rules out matchmaking being the main reason. I played HvV, but for the first match my Xbox disconnected from live for some reason. Also, Ewok Hunt was barren, but I played late at night, which might have had a hand in it) had a regular map rotation (assuming Palace Hangar was inserted between Crait and Theed).
    Extraction was fairly consistent (if we could push the payload to the end on Jabba's Palace, we could push it to the end on Kessel. Unfortunately the inverse was true, in that if we can't push the payload to the first checkpoint, it isn't gonna happen next match, though the first time I kept leaving the lobby at match end for that very reason), and for Blast I was fairly consistent.
    The first one or two times it would repeat the last faction you played as, which isn't that big of a deal on most modes, but I was on the light side for all three matches of Blast, and it could affect Strike (but, I don't know if it faction switched on Strike anyways), but my last round of Extraction didn't have that problem.
    Finally, during this two or three day time frame, there was only one (or two) instance(s) of needing more players at start, the one I remember was where the light side (my team) needed two more players when suddenly the dark side gained three more out of nowhere, it didn't take long for there to be enough players though. This excludes Ewok Hunt, which was barren with not even enough players to start a match, regardless of if I used the Oregon, Virginia, or Default servers, but I'm not sure if that's a matchmaking or trying to play a mode that's known for being barren between the times of 10:40 something P.M. (earliest) and 11:56 (or 7) P.M. (when there isn't enough time to get the relevant daily challenges anyways).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!