criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Is Toxicity a Viable Reason to Report?

I'm having matches with the worst people ever. Their favorite weapon is always the chat. Should I report them or leave them alone?

Replies

• Blinker
    465 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm having matches with the worst people ever. Their favorite weapon is always the chat. Should I report them or leave them alone?

To report a player for being bad at a game is wrong, reporting players that use glitches and exploits is right.

I don't understand the weapon is chat ?
    Is this on the pc version of game, cause of people are chatting via typing in game isn't a bad thing depending on what they chatting about, if it's about working as a team then that's great, if it's just to insult or chat about other things that are nothing to do with the game isn't great, but does that really warrant reporting ? I'd say insults or bullying you should, if they just making general conversation I'd say no, wish console had a form of chatting so you can help new players and even make friends.
  • Blinker wrote: »

To report a player for being bad at a game is wrong, reporting players that use glitches and exploits is right.

Is this on the pc version of game, cause of people are chatting via typing in game isn't a bad thing depending on what they chatting about, if it's about working as a team then that's great, if it's just to insult or chat about other things that are nothing to do with the game isn't great, but does that really warrant reporting ? I'd say insults or bullying you should, if they just making general conversation I'd say no, wish console had a form of chatting so you can help new players and even make friends.

They are rude and always post offensive things in the chat like, "Officer is gay".

They are rude and always post offensive things in the chat like, "Officer is gay".

To say officer is gay is not that bad, but if they insulting you or others in a personal way it could be classed as bullying which is wrong and should be reported
  • Yeah I have someone that keeps harassing me ingame, I have considered reporting him.
  • Im on PC and every, every match is an insult, for playing a specific class or Hero or without reason, from hvv to ga is normality, i ve arrived at the point to report when someone continue like a mad to write without stop, you could write a book with all those words, there is a limit
  • Yes because people shouldn’t make a game unfun. You should be able to enjoy the game with toxicity
  • Alex64
    7431 posts Member
    Don't let toxicity get you down, i like when people's getting toxic, it's is a sign they are mad because me and that makes me happy.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.

how is that even offensive?
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• Alex64
    7431 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Blinker wrote: »

how is that even offensive?

Is not, it's just a way to call something you don't like, i don't see this toxic, in a videogame i found more toxic words like Noob, git gud and a lot of words i can't mention here.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • If anyone has someone that insults them constantly, it would be @Dash's enemies. They hate it when he starts winning, and they explicitly state it in the game chat.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Cadoth
    1098 posts Member
    I just turn off the chat so I can’t see their ephimeral insults, and you know what? I don’t understand people who waste their time writing toxic comments instead of playing, it just doesn’t make sense
  • We don’t know for certain that The Officer isn’t gay
    I don't know what Battlefront II is.
  • Dash
    11615 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If anyone has someone that insults them constantly, it would be @Dash's enemies. They hate it when he starts winning, and they explicitly state it in the game chat.

Yup. Every single day lol! :lol: Mostly in GA though. :neutral:

Ask @CloudWalker about the time we were together with friends, I was the ONLY one in my clan there, and there were 4 other clans present on our team with multiple members each. Then one guy from the enemy team says “Clan Stacker Dash!!! So this is you clan stacking huh”!?

I was the ONLY member there lol. :lol:

It’s mostly people messing/saying hi. :blush:
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• I'm having matches with the worst people ever. Their favorite weapon is always the chat. Should I report them or leave them alone?

Remember you can also tap "H" to hide the chat so you don't have to put up with their nonsense.
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    I just turn off the chat so I can’t see their ephimeral insults, and you know what? I don’t understand people who waste their time writing toxic comments instead of playing, it just doesn’t make sense

This.
  • IronSoldier
    3606 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Yes.
    Ingame guide: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/
    Otherwise i'd turn the ingame chat off as I do unless im squaded up.

On the forum click the flag button then report.

• CloudWalker
    387 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dash wrote: »
    Ask @CloudWalker about the time we were together with friends, I was the ONLY one in my clan there, and there were 4 other clans present on our team with multiple members each. Then one guy from the enemy team says “Clan Stacker Dash!!! So this is you clan stacking huh”!?

I was the ONLY member there lol. :lol:

That one was so funny, we were like only 3 or 4 with a clan tag different for everybody and the guy went

back to the subject yes it is enough eventhough I've seen people say things the **** whished they camed up with and things that even Hittler would have been to shy to say but somehow they are still playing even after I reported it myself.

[Removed certain language and comments]
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Toxicity is just a new buzzword
    Blinker wrote: »

To say officer is gay is not that bad, but if they insulting you or others in a personal way it could be classed as bullying which is wrong and should be reported

I do not mean that specifically , but instead stuff way worse.
  • Ahh, the joys of playing on a PC. lol

I'm on the Xbone and love when I get hate messages..
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Ahh, the joys of playing on a PC. lol

I'm on the Xbone and love when I get hate messages..

How do you get messages on the xbox?
  • I had a guy message me when I was playing HvV. It wasn't my fault I was targeted almost instantly without a chance to fight back. One of the worst games.
    He blamed me for losing and he was glad he won the current game which I left.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I reported two PC players last night for being excessively racist. All caps, the "N" word every other sentence, general gay slurs directed at anyone/everyone. I have turned off chat before for this, but it's been a while. Most of the time, this isn't a problem, and I like the team communication, when it happens. It's a shame that players have to be subjected to these trolls. I bailed during the match, despite having trouble finding full lobbies, it was that offensive. I assume they are young and ignorant, but who knows.

I received two auto-acknowledgement emails from EA afterward. Not sure what it will accomplish, judging from what I've read about player reporting. Maybe it's a waste of time, maybe they get banned for a week, I'll never know. It just ruins the fun and should be monitored somehow.

• I wish there was In game chat.. Unblievable how people don't realize you're supposed to shoot the objectives after someone shoots them with an ion cannon
  • Bleggg
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I wish there was In game chat.. Unblievable how people don't realize you're supposed to shoot the objectives after someone shoots them with an ion cannon

some people just want to do everything but the objective now. That's the new toxicity in the game - playing the map & the art polish - and not the objective. Can't say I blame them either when the same map, same m.o., same stages, spawn points, it's all the same. Some people just want to get into some high quality SW visuals and mess around for a bit. It'd be a different story if veteran status actually yielded more fun & staying power. But naw, the purples get creamed just as fast and the greens
    Pick a more butch looking Officer skin.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Reporting people for chat... in a video game... what a time to be alive!

I will definitely report any racist or offending religious remarks. No place for that inside a game.
  • greedo1980
    713 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Using millennial words like "toxicity" to report behaviour will get you nowhere.

You need to read the policy and match the behaviour you are reporting with the specific types of behaviour mentioned in the policy.

Bullying, homophobia, racism, harassment etc.

Call it what it is.
  • IronSoldier
    3606 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I've had to remove several posts and shall be locking the thread here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!