criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Start a new season pass.

Horrible idea and question but would anyone buy a season/game pass to know for sure what DLC we are getting? Because this free content has been very... let's say
Lacking?

Replies

  • I would in a heartbeat. This free live service is a joke.
  • Seasons Pass >
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I’d gladly pay for clone wars content. In fact, I will. I bought grievous’s stuff with real money and I will for all the other heroes, just keep it coming!
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • Kenobi_Dude
    1485 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes I would pay as well. At this point, I’m interested in their plans into 2019 after “all of” the CW stuff is released. If there are no major content plans until summer 2019 then I’d definitely want an expansion/dlc/season pass sooner.
  • Paid DLC is guaranteed content. I would buy a season pass to get more DLC.
  • Considering all the money I will save on Battlefield V I would have more than enough money to buy a season pass.
  • Horrible idea and question but would anyone buy a season/game pass to know for sure what DLC we are getting? Because this free content has been very... let's say
    Lacking?

    Definitely, I was against removing it from the beginning. I'd rather pay and get content. If u can't save 50$ and buy it, you have to reconsider your life.

    B b b but the kids!? Mow your neighbors lawn or something, money doesn't come flying your way..

    A steady stream of especially new maps is essential for me. Otherwise I grow tired real quick.
  • Would I buy a season pass?

    Depends on what's in it.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1277 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes i will buy it

    1bfioawlu399.png
  • Id like to say I'd buy it but I'd be skeptical because they release content soooooo slowly and whenever they do it's inundated with bugs. Free is good but I guess you really do get what you pay for.
  • Horrible idea and question but would anyone buy a season/game pass to know for sure what DLC we are getting? Because this free content has been very... let's say
    Lacking?

    Definitely, I was against removing it from the beginning. I'd rather pay and get content. If u can't save 50$ and buy it, you have to reconsider your life.

    B b b but the kids!? Mow your neighbors lawn or something, money doesn't come flying your way..

    A steady stream of especially new maps is essential for me. Otherwise I grow tired real quick.

    Exactly.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I defiantly wouldn't give these guys any more money, they don't fix bugs and they don't deserve any money, I mean what's the point of new DLC if they can't even fix the base game.
  • I spent $30 last night at bar with friends. that's for a few hours of fun. imagine how many hours of dlc content I could have gotten. yes I'd pay for dlc instead of wasting it at a pub.
  • rollind24
    5795 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I spent $30 last night at bar with friends. that's for a few hours of fun. imagine how many hours of dlc content I could have gotten. yes I'd pay for dlc instead of wasting it at a pub.

    Exactly how I look at it. I have no problem spending money on something I’ll spend multiple hours playing compared to other entertainment costs. The only thing I didn’t like about last games DLC were their playlists but after seeing how their live service is I would take that again.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • So if a new season pass was announced right now would you guys buy it? A year after the game came out
  • rollind24
    5795 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So if a new season pass was announced right now would you guys buy it? A year after the game came out

    I would yes, if it had a roadmap that showed what I’d be paying for
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • So if a new season pass was announced right now would you guys buy it? A year after the game came out

    Yes I would.
  • However, this would never happen since BF2 was marketed as a free DLC game.
  • at this point they would have to market it as an expansion I think. might be best way to go.
  • Paid DLC is superior however people would freak over it simply existing.

    For some reason, paid DLC is taboo for SW fans and BF2015 simply having it made people angry.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Makir1000 wrote: »
    NO! Base game is bugged, free promised DLC are super late, after Crate there are no new maps for almost a year! Even now why are we waiting end of month to get Geonosis? Or new game mods. Lack of maps killed this game. No new weapons. There is no customization for clone tropes or hero's. So many reasons for NO!

    This is the last game I bought from EA. If the make new SWBF III it should be FREE on the house for all suckers who bought first two games (like me).

    EA needs to learn a lesson here! Listen to what fans want in games, and ditch any DLC extra charging, as all DLC are part of the game you pay in the first place. You pay for the game, that's it! No extra paid content. Period! Hate that robing. They make more than enough money greedy ****. Don't throw ideas at them and feed there ego! They need to become humble and start making games players want.

    Everything said here should be ignored.

  • Rugbymaster1
    1109 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I would love paid dlc. They should just do it and say instead of a new bf game we are adding onto this one.

    Call it BF2.5
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    They should have experimented with a "mini season pass" system, sort of like Siege. For each Season, offer a $10-$20 season pass that gives you early access to any new maps and modes and instant access to everything else like new weapons, appearances, Star Cards/abilities, vehicles, heroes, etc.. whereas everyone else has to unlock them (not through a terrible grind though). Maybe consider offering a slightly more expensive "year pass" too for those who know they'd buy every season pass anyway.
  • I would in a heartbeat. This free live service is a joke.


    This
  • Ppong_Man12
    2584 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I’ve always liked the season pass personally.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Paid DLC is superior however people would freak over it simply existing.

    For some reason, paid DLC is taboo for SW fans and BF2015 simply having it made people angry.

    Agree, that’s because for many players battlefront is a first online shooter. It has a huge demographic that doesn’t discriminate age or gender and it shows.
  • It's pretty funny, 3/4 of the commentaries seemed to have been written by EA staff, because i don't see the point here. A guy who played this game, who really played it, would never pay anything for it. Why? because there are glitch existing since the launch of the game and still not fixed, so 1 year now. Same for the lack of heros or map.
    How do you want real players giving money to EA if obvisously they don't work? Or don't want to. Anyway it's obvious they fired or reduced the staff because of the loot crates polemic, they didn't want to invest anymore in the game after all that mess.
    How to kill one of the most popular franchise with greediness.
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    We already paid 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    We already pay 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    I’ve had my money’s worth easily out of this game by hours played to now

    No real complaints from me
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We already pay 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    I’ve had my money’s worth easily out of this game by hours played to now

    No real complaints from me

    This is a bad quality game, we can't ask more from this.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We already pay 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    I’ve had my money’s worth easily out of this game by hours played to now

    No real complaints from me

    This is a bad quality game, we can't ask more from this.
    Why are you on the forum discussing a game that you hate and 2 most likely don’t play anymore

    Never understood this sort of behaviour
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We already pay 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    I’ve had my money’s worth easily out of this game by hours played to now

    No real complaints from me

    This is a bad quality game, we can't ask more from this.
    Why are you on the forum discussing a game that you hate and 2 most likely don’t play anymore

    Never understood this sort of behaviour

    I haven't said i hate this, i just say it's a bad quality game just like any other games in the market.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We already pay 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    I’ve had my money’s worth easily out of this game by hours played to now

    No real complaints from me

    This is a bad quality game, we can't ask more from this.
    Why are you on the forum discussing a game that you hate and 2 most likely don’t play anymore

    Never understood this sort of behaviour

    I haven't said i hate this, i just say it's a bad quality game just like any other games in the market.
    So it’s bad game but you don’t hate it, makes sense

    Ok sorry I misunderstood ;)
  • Alex64
    7617 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    We already pay 60 greens for this game, i think is enough for the lack of content and poor quality we got.
    I’ve had my money’s worth easily out of this game by hours played to now

    No real complaints from me

    This is a bad quality game, we can't ask more from this.
    Why are you on the forum discussing a game that you hate and 2 most likely don’t play anymore

    Never understood this sort of behaviour

    I haven't said i hate this, i just say it's a bad quality game just like any other games in the market.
    So it’s bad game but you don’t hate it, makes sense

    Ok sorry I misunderstood ;)

    I hate all the lies they said to sell this game.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • After EA/DICE dropped the loot crates they could've added a paid DLC for content. Since we ruined their revenue.
    I'll probably get it if it's at a reasonable price.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • We should all have known what we were getting into after bf2015. Did you pre-order the game? i did but i knew it was probably going to be a slow start, they would add more later but launch is always a bit rough, it flopped even harder than i imagined but was still fun. the better solution for anyone is to wait to buy. the price will drop by christmas you can get the game for $40 or less. imagine the hartache saved if you waited until after progression update to jump in, id like to hear the perspective of those players who bought right after progression update, are they as angry about the game? did they get it for $30?

    wait 6 months for them to iron out the bugs and start getting more consistent content drops. the main issue with analysis is we expect more from a $60 game. but at this point, for me at least, there are not a lot of games worth buying at launch unless im really confident its going to be a good game that i play a lot from a trusted publisher. DICE is not close to that. it was going to be a process all along. has it been slower than even imagined? yes. but patience always is the best approach here. if you really want to play at launch then you'll have to take the good with the bad.
  • rollind24
    5795 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    We should all have known what we were getting into after bf2015. Did you pre-order the game? i did but i knew it was probably going to be a slow start, they would add more later but launch is always a bit rough, it flopped even harder than i imagined but was still fun. the better solution for anyone is to wait to buy. the price will drop by christmas you can get the game for $40 or less. imagine the hartache saved if you waited until after progression update to jump in, id like to hear the perspective of those players who bought right after progression update, are they as angry about the game? did they get it for $30?

    wait 6 months for them to iron out the bugs and start getting more consistent content drops. the main issue with analysis is we expect more from a $60 game. but at this point, for me at least, there are not a lot of games worth buying at launch unless im really confident its going to be a good game that i play a lot from a trusted publisher. DICE is not close to that. it was going to be a process all along. has it been slower than even imagined? yes. but patience always is the best approach here. if you really want to play at launch then you'll have to take the good with the bad.

    I still feel like I got money’s worth times 10 with my preorder. The content at launch was so much more than BF 2015 at launch and I spend more on a night out at the movies with fam than I did for the game. Would loved to have seen the game currently if the Microtransaction fiasco didn’t happen.

    I think that’s what disappoints me the most was the hope when I saw how much was in the game at launch and imagining what would come next.

    Honestly if I get 10 hours of entertainment from 60 bucks that’s money well spent and I’m way past that in playtime so I’m not disappointed in the initial investment. I’m disappointed in the “live service”.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    oh im not saying i didnt get my moneys worth. just people who say i paid $60 i am entitled to complete game i can play 365 days a year, its just not realistic for a video game unless its an epic game and there arent many like that. and if thats the way you feel then probably better to wait a few months until price drop or bugs are fixed before jumping in. launch is mostly always rough for most games.
  • rollind24
    5795 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    stevenomes wrote: »
    oh im not saying i didnt get my moneys worth. just people who say i paid $60 i am entitled to complete game i can play 365 days a year, its just not realistic for a video game unless its an epic game and there arent many like that.

    Oh I get it. I know your happy with the initial money spent. I just think a lot of the disappointment is with the “live service” model we got stuck with when MT money vanished which doubly sucks for me because it really never bothered me all that much. I could live with getting Specialist upgrades while playing Heavy if the content kept flowing
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Game companies sure did sell the idea of paid DLC to masses last decade. Make unfinished game, release it and then patch it to finished product with paid DLC.
    Now even more with microtransactions.
    Other craptastic system is this host server which was introduced by CoD MW2.
  • now the next system. release a game with average content, and no paid DLC. all the future content updates will be completely free and released throughout the life of the game. future content will be funded by transactions by making the progression complete grind and the only way to get ahead without wasting all you time is by taking out your wallet. if nobody buys into this system we will turn off the content spicket and throw in a few things here and there that the community has not requested. eventually the game dies due to lack of players.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!