criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

[Megathread] EOR Matchmaking Issues

Replies

• Zappa2510 wrote: »
    Question for all here: Do you play one game mode more then others and when you go to play something else it takes you back to that said game mode?

Everytime I play Blast now it takes me back to Heroes Vs Villains now no matter what.

We have been having issues with game modes switching. We usually play SA, but sometimes it pulls us out of SA and puts us into Blast or HvV or whatever. So I would say we are sort of having the opposite problem, that we are being taken out of the game mode that we play the most. People are reporting weird mode switches in other threads, as well. It baffles me how they were actually able to add a NEW problem to the matchmaking on top of the ones that already exist. Bizzaro!
  • Yep the mode switching bug has been identified weeks ago and yet no action to rectify it. Wonder why when rubbish like this happens we start hating on EOR "matchmaking".
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • well I was wondering if it had something to do with the game mode we played most. Like it was remembering what we was playing and automatically searched for that and not the current game mode.
    well I was wondering if it had something to do with the game mode we played most. Like it was remembering what we was playing and automatically searched for that and not the current game mode.

It's never done that to me.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • A decently sized Ewok Hunt lobby became a nearly empty one.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • EightMile wrote: »
    @F8RGE
    PS4
    ping site Oregon (55) in Cali
    This is not matchmaking.

at least you're able to play.
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    Question for all here: Do you play one game mode more then others and when you go to play something else it takes you back to that said game mode?

Everytime I play Blast now it takes me back to Heroes Vs Villains now no matter what.
    Please preface these questions with, "Dear America", because in Japan only GA is ever available and blast spottingly on the weekends.
    well I was wondering if it had something to do with the game mode we played most. Like it was remembering what we was playing and automatically searched for that and not the current game mode.

It can't be that as my favourite game mode is Starfighter Assault when the bug has kicked in it searches for Heroes v Villains.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • guess its just random then. so far the only time ive got it was when playing blast and I usually only play HvV as it gives me more of a challenge now.
  • In Japan: Just waited for 20 mins for a mere Blast game, played it, and then everyone disappears forever... as usual.
    Do I have to attempt to 'friend' every person playing in order to try to figure out where they all went?
    Why?
    Why require 16 players? There are maybe 5 playing at any time in Japan because they (the japanese speakers) have no idea what's going on, have abandoned the game due to a complete void of communication; they don't even know about the Oregon 'trick' that used to work; seems that is now blocked for outside countries since the last 'update'.
  • Maybe my complaining here has resulted in my IP being blocked.
  • What a pathetic mess. Happy first birthday...
  • Aha so dropping some info after was away for a while, and after i had some chance to play few matches yesterday and one today (GA - Heroes Unleashed only) . And i did promise to come back.

@F8RGE - I have to admit, the EOR MM works quite well for GA games during peak hours. Hopefully it is not just because of a lot of ppl playing due to Heroes Unleashed.
    Cannot say for other modes, and for other time after the heroes unleashed.
    But hopefully that was the doing of this patch in November which you guys released, so kudos for that.

1) i usually start with Kashyyyk - which i do not like to say the least, but can live thru it once.

2) lobbies (GA - Heroes Unleashed) are quite full for me - Server Germany - ping ~23ms - usually around 17-18 ppl.

3) rotation is not so bad, was better, now is worse. But i did not see too much repetition, other than when i start to look for a new game - then i almost 100% time go for Kashyyyk which i dislike the most.

4) Matchmaking takes less than 1 minute and then i usually end up with almost full lobbies - so that's a nice thing for me.
    i do not care regarding the issues with squad system, as i do not play in squads. So i cannot say for ppl playing with friends i do not know if it works or not.

5) also i did not play any other modes as i just lack interest in them, so cannot say anything about that part.

############################

Now to the sour part - sometimes it is only 1 Round, so no longer any continuity, what if i wait few rounds in the matchmaking routine just to get my favorite map, and then i join only for half, as one was already gone.

New matches start almost all the time with the same map - Kashyyyk - its like 4-5 times i see the same map, only after next try to find a game i go to like yavin or jakku.

And the most sour part for me personally, after 3 weeks without SWBF2 - i just did not find it so attractive any more :(
    like i had my detox, and now i am free.

From all the comments i see that the game is in such a mess, the one new hero and one new map is not remotely enough to keep me here - yes i do not know no one cares :) no problem with that :)

So i will just take myself and move along to play other games waiting or for some nice content coming in, or for new SW game :)
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    I've already given a couple of comments in line with what you'd class as meaningful. I've explained that we can see it's working well for the vast majority of players.

If there are specific problems you are having, please do let us know about them (as mentioned earlier). Providing specifics does help.

Map rotation, we're always looking at ways to improve this. We do look at our data very regularly to see how often each map is being played and if there is something not right, we'll make changes. As for game modes, exact times and specifics for when you experienced this would be beneficial, as this allows us to dive into our server logs at that exact moment.

All if like to know is why are we forced into MM? Why can't we choose not to
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    A decently sized Ewok Hunt lobby became a nearly empty one.

I played Strike (and one match of GA, but I had to be a Flametrooper, and only played as a hero at the end) yesterday as well (also I found active Ewok Hunt lobbies twice, enough for the challenge) and the second round was more fun than the first and it seemed to have a regular rotation (Hoth to Kamino), I was on the light side both times though. So here's what I know.
    • I have not hit the button.
    • Maps have a regular rotation.
    • Sometimes it's rebalanced.
    • The only match to not fill fast is Ewok Hunt (discounting Hero Starfighters, since I didn't check to see if the others were still playing).
    • At least two other players were still playing Ewok Hunt in a different lobby (via the recent players tab).
    This could mean one of two things.
    1. Matchmaking is automatic, but it has a new algorithm that uses a regular rotation.
    2. The matchmaking button has been reinstated, the other players just pressed it.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member
    tumblr_ondcsdERtq1qavsqho3_r3_540.gif
    ______
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »
    I've already given a couple of comments in line with what you'd class as meaningful. I've explained that we can see it's working well for the vast majority of players.

If there are specific problems you are having, please do let us know about them (as mentioned earlier). Providing specifics does help.

Map rotation, we're always looking at ways to improve this. We do look at our data very regularly to see how often each map is being played and if there is something not right, we'll make changes. As for game modes, exact times and specifics for when you experienced this would be beneficial, as this allows us to dive into our server logs at that exact moment.

I too would like to know this.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    F8RGE wrote: »

I too would like to know this.

Yea I also wanna know!
  • I just nearly fell asleep again matchmaking, just switched it off, cant understand why they ask for feedback in the first place, as they have no intention of using it, it's there way or nothing, EA/Dice don't bother asking for feedback it's pointless if you going to ignore it cause it's not what you want to hear.

Ps @f8rge have you sorted out my refund request yet ?
  • For some reason I got to enjoy 5-6 maps in a row yesterday. No boots, no error codes, no server shuffle, no game mode shuffle, just played and enjoyed. Today I haven't played more than one map before i get booted to an empty server, the home screen, game mode shuffle or some other lobby that half finished a game. Then when that game i just made it into finishes I get booted again. Half the time I'm booted before the map loads. To be fair, the last two days I have not experienced a boot to a foreign server. This is all whether i'm in a group or not.

I really wish I did not experience any of these issues nor do i wish i see any of these things as issues. I see a lot of people saying they have no issues with EoR MM.

I'm just wondering if those who don't have an issue with EoR MM if they experience server shuffle, game mode shuffle, error code 1017? And if they do is it a problem? Or does the above not happen to them? Or do they like the server shuffle, game mode shuffle and home screen boot?

In all sincerity, just trying to figure out if this is just one massive conflict of interest
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • For some reason I got to enjoy 5-6 maps in a row yesterday. No boots, no error codes, no server shuffle, no game mode shuffle, just played and enjoyed. Today I haven't played more than one map before i get booted to an empty server, the home screen, game mode shuffle or some other lobby that half finished a game. Then when that game i just made it into finishes I get booted again. Half the time I'm booted before the map loads. To be fair, the last two days I have not experienced a boot to a foreign server. This is all whether i'm in a group or not.

I really wish I did not experience any of these issues nor do i wish i see any of these things as issues. I see a lot of people saying they have no issues with EoR MM.

I'm just wondering if those who don't have an issue with EoR MM if they experience server shuffle, game mode shuffle, error code 1017? And if they do is it a problem? Or does the above not happen to them? Or do they like the server shuffle, game mode shuffle and home screen boot?

In all sincerity, just trying to figure out if this is just one massive conflict of interest

I've never had any of those except maybe shuffle (but it doesn't change rotation) and I think the error code is a different error that requires a reset (and I don't think I had that in awhile, unless that's what affected Ewok Hunt that one time, but the code didn't pop up).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Wow a month later, still no fix

Whats the point of a megathread then?
  • Just wondering if it would be possible to go complain to EA directly and if that would have any other effect. Just a thought.
  • I gotta maintain consistency and say that I just played for 7 hrs straight haha( I had two quick breaks). No boots, no server shuffles or game mode changes. Zero problems. I played on my own and in groups of 2-5 and the games were on fire. Best fun I've had in over 3 weeks

Not looking forward to tomorrows game play unfortunately :/
  • I gotta maintain consistency and say that I just played for 7 hrs straight haha( I had two quick breaks). No boots, no server shuffles or game mode changes. Zero problems. I played on my own and in groups of 2-5 and the games were on fire. Best fun I've had in over 3 weeks

Not looking forward to tomorrows game play unfortunately :/

What mode were you playing?

In GA server shuffle happens every 2 rounds.
    I got booted so many times this weekend to the main menu during EOR MM it's not even funny.
    What is also happening is that when me and my wife play together we don't get put in the same squad and often one of us gets booted out with the game saying that the server is full.

Really frustrating system.
  • astrotrain101
    346 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Draco_RSA been playing GA all day

yeah here on Sunday all day trying to play GA. One map then boot, which pretty much describes the last three weeks for me
  • Draco_RSA been playing GA all day

What region? Really weird. Why are the rest of us repeatedly getting thrown into new lobbies every 2 rounds by match making?

I really wish Ben Walke or someone from the dev team can come and answer all our questions.
  • Sydney AU

Yeah, no one expects a manual for a game like this but a bit more info about how exactly EoR MM works would be courteous, especially since we are their test subjects. In fact, all they would do is have to ask and I would bend over backwards for the good of this game. PR wording can be pretty insulting, but I'm not knocking any mods, they are probably bound by certain regulations
  • jonci
    1105 posts Member
    Cant wait for the full release of this game once the year long Beta testing finishes.
  • jonci wrote: »
    Cant wait for the full release of this game once the year long Beta testing finishes.

Me too.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Sydney AU

Yeah, no one expects a manual for a game like this but a bit more info about how exactly EoR MM works would be courteous, especially since we are their test subjects. In fact, all they would do is have to ask and I would bend over backwards for the good of this game. PR wording can be pretty insulting, but I'm not knocking any mods, they are probably bound by certain regulations

I think there is most likely only 1 lobby in your region and that is why lobby shuffle does not happen.
  • Draco_RSA I can assure you there are many GA lobbies in this region
  • sukebe7 wrote: »
    In Japan: Just waited for 20 mins for a mere Blast game, played it, and then everyone disappears forever... as usual.
    Do I have to attempt to 'friend' every person playing in order to try to figure out where they all went?
    Why?
    Why require 16 players? There are maybe 5 playing at any time in Japan because they (the japanese speakers) have no idea what's going on, have abandoned the game due to a complete void of communication; they don't even know about the Oregon 'trick' that used to work; seems that is now blocked for outside countries since the last 'update'.

Change your server.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    sukebe7 wrote: »
    In Japan: Just waited for 20 mins for a mere Blast game, played it, and then everyone disappears forever... as usual.
    Why?

Change your server.

Its not a good advice to tell someone to play with 200 ms ping. :/
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    The past weekend I barely played the game.

I searched for GA and then booted to the main menu. Happened 3 times.

I found matches and full servers (the Heroes unleashed event got them full) but the lag was SUPREME.

So the game experience was poor and not even fun. So I quitted.

Game experience for me has gone from best to worse.

Ive never got any problem to find games at any day or any hour (ANY), even switching among the Ireland, Germany and UK servers.

Now we got EOR MM and just the German server (because DICE shut down the other 2 european servers) and I got LAG, Boot to the main menu, changed from one game mode to another, empty lobbies and many times I cant find matches in SA, Extraction etc.

Before my gaming experience was ok (well, sometimes my team got steamrolled in some matches, but thats is not possible to counter, IN ANY GAME, and It still happens, no matter EOR MM). Now my gaming experience is GARBAGE and Im pretty upset (and sometimes angry), because this is my favorite game.
  • Still getting put into empty servers, party members still getting kicked, and ping site hoping is becoming game breaking for some of the people I play with.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Liz4rD wrote: »
    sukebe7 wrote: »
    Why?

Change your server.

Its not a good advice to tell someone to play with 200 ms ping. :/

Yeah for me there was no choice since the devs deleted the local server and now I have to play on German server with 200ms+ ping. The lag is real for me. My friends have now all stopped playing the game and have moved on to other games. Just me and the wife now playing with lots o rubber banding and freezing due to high ping. Thanks EA\Dice, really appreciate the lag.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1312 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I have played all weekend and some rounds yesterday monday. Not any problem.

Ok I lie because i suffered the 201 error in sometimes. But this already happened before EOR.

1bfioawlu399.png
    Still getting put into empty servers, party members still getting kicked, and ping site hoping is becoming game breaking for some of the people I play with.

It happens every time I try to play GA.
  • Dont worry, they are looking to improve arcade! Problem solved.
  • Dont worry, they are looking to improve arcade! Problem solved.

They will start rejecting our feedback on that too no doubt.
    hojevrxvarht.png
    Dont worry, they are looking to improve arcade! Problem solved.

They will start rejecting our feedback on that too no doubt.

This game has user feedback??? Where???
  • Literally every online multiplayer has had matchmaking. Why does yours, in 2018, not work properly? Any mode, constantly.
  • EOR MM almost always puts a team into an empty lobby that never fills when playing small modes like Blast, Strike, Extraction etc and further more when looking for a new game in a group of 3-4 players if you don’t find a game in about 20 seconds it’ll put you in an empty lobby that doesn’t fill also.
    This is a great frustration.
  • I'm continuing to attempt to enjoy this game despite EOR MM. One positive I will say is that I'm able to find more games of hero showdown with it. Mostly though, my experience has continued to be negative. It seems as though every other map on hvv for me is Kashyyyk, and quite honestly I'm tired of playing there. I've been kicked from GA and put into HVV for no reason. When I play with friends, we dont always go to the same game server.
  • Literally every online multiplayer has had matchmaking. Why does yours, in 2018, not work properly? Any mode, constantly.

The real question right here.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.