criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Not even worth playing the game during events

Prev1
Game is just a huge mess. That's without the inclusion of events like this absurd "heroes unleashed" event.

How about you guys actually fix your game before you allocate time making these ridiculous events that nobody asked for, yeah?. The community is asking you for bug fixing, the community is asking you for content, which i'm sure you will have delayed at some point to add things that again, nobody. Is. Asking. For. Events like, oh let me see uh... JETPACK CARGO?. The community asking you for balance. All of which you are neglecting almost over a year of the game being available for purchase.

Don't get me wrong, i LOOOOVE my abilities not working, audio cutting out during mid-game, lag, unbalanced gameplay when i'm getting mauled by several stunlocks at a time and inevitably dying and more.

Listen, if you're gonna insist on creating these random events, do us all of favour and make a random tab and place them in there like Ewok Hunt for example. Some of us just want to play a normal game of Galactic Assault for a few since not to mention we have to tolerate the general incompetence of the dev team and the game's obvious glaring issues that come with playing a normal game of GA, we don't need hero spam ruining our evenings on top of that. Give us a CHOICE already.

Not like player choice has been something that EA have prioritised in the past *cough* gender locked characters *cough* but one can hope i guess.
r07jdwtlplwd.gif

Replies

  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the event, but you should know that there a ton of people who have been asking DICE to bring Heroes Unleashed back. I think it's so much fun, the total chaos that happens is just insane and amazing.

    That's why i'm saying make it a mode that can be selected like they did with Ewok Hunt so it doesn't conflict with the regular GA community.

    For me personally, the amount of chaos that happens in Heroes Unleashed is just way too much with the state the game is currently in. The bugs come out in force, you just get stun locked constantly and there's just way too much frustration involved for me. But yeah, i'm aware quite a large amount of the community likes it. Though that doesn't mean they can just interrupt the regular schedule of GA players by keep returning the event. If they're gonna make another return with it, it better be as a separate game mode if they're smart.

    Just angry in general that they're likely diverting resources from content and fixing to give us these modes instead of adding them as seperate game modes for a time to see if people like them. Their biggest priority should be Geonosis, upcoming characters to avoid another Grievous debacle and focusing on the large-scale game mode that's currently being kept in the dark. (I'm putting my money on the new game mode having the most bugs if they don't prioritise QA testing. It's mind-boggling to me how the QA team didn't notice Grievous's obvious issues)
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • I'm staying away from the GA weekend event. I played Extraction, Strike, SFA. Sadly I barely had a full game to carry over to the next games. In which I had to log out and find a match. That was frustrating doing the waiting game.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I don't like heroes unleashed so for 3 days I can't play the normal Galactic Assault.....
  • Ppong_Man12
    2052 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yanks28th wrote: »
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the event, but you should know that there a ton of people who have been asking DICE to bring Heroes Unleashed back. I think it's so much fun, the total chaos that happens is just insane and amazing.

    Many love the mode and that’s fine with me, it’s got one big issue though and it’s a biggie, people seem to be camping a lot more from what I’ve seen waiting for heroes. I’m assuming it’s due to the cheaper hero prices. They need possibly a timer, a spawn in time, or maybe a q to keep half the teams form sitting in the lobby waiting for a hero.
  • Yanks28th wrote: »
    I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the event, but you should know that there a ton of people who have been asking DICE to bring Heroes Unleashed back. I think it's so much fun, the total chaos that happens is just insane and amazing.

    If that's true then they should of been put a large scale offline so we the few who don't like it can play.

    Don't get me wrong now just because I hate this mode so much I have been taking pleasure in hunting down heroes and making life blinding for them.
  • It’s a couple of days get over it!
  • bfloo
    14436 posts Member
    Kissfan07 wrote: »
    Three days to give players a chance to be a hero who don't normally get to play as one in a large scale battle. Stop crying and go outside until Monday.

    Its cold out :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Indeed give us the CHOICE to play it or not. For me for example, heroes unleashed make GA literally unplayable, why i must be forced to play it or don't play at all?
  • Kissfan07 wrote: »
    Three days to give players a chance to be a hero who don't normally get to play as one in a large scale battle. Stop crying and go outside until Monday.

    there will happen a lot more things but one thing will never happen: that somebody like you can tell anybody, what to do. and btw. i am an average player but i got enough points each round to get a hero at least once. if somebody is not able to get this done, he shall better play hvv than ruin another gamemode.
  • Well, I think it should be a permanent mode, so those who enjoy it can play it.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Should be it’s own permanent separate mode that’s obvious

    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.
    Had the game just been released you would have a point, however most of the topics on this forum other than the painful “nerf” threads are about the game lacking content or the game is getting stale

    They will never be able to please everyone


  • Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    So the better option is to tell players to kick rocks for a weekend rather than have a choice of whether they want to play normal GA or HU?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it

  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it

    Sometimes the bakery may be out of certain breads or selections for a few days. Does one flee to a forum to complain if so, or make a different choice, or simply move along for those few days and go about their business? And if the bakery told you in advance that they were going to be out of baguettes for a weekend would that be forum gripe worthy?

    Please...
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Them making gimmicky things like this is easier than actually fixing the game.

    Yes or adding features/making more content for the promised "live service"

    If we had a server browser and the ability to create custom games (like some other game by DICE beginning with "Battle"), whoever wanted to could mod the settings to make 1100 BP heroes or 300 BP enforcers or remove all but the night maps only.

    Then, whoever wanted to play such could do so, and the rest of us are unaffected.

    However, I suspect no one would be playing these unbalanced gimmick presents for more than a day or two, plus devs need to look like they're doing something to keep the game alive (even if that amounts to one tech flipping a couple switches)
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

    Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • There was very little work involved just changing server side configuration files?
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming

    Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it any better. The easiest solution is to have a Hero’s Unleashed seperate playlist. I don’t understand how people can be against this.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming

    Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it any better. The easiest solution is to have a Hero’s Unleashed seperate playlist. I don’t understand how people can be against this.
    No one is against it

    In fact pretty much everyone agrees that we need it as a separate mode

    Some including me just think some of you are being a tad “precious” about not being able to play the “stale & boring” mode you all complain about for just 3 days
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming

    Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it any better. The easiest solution is to have a Hero’s Unleashed seperate playlist. I don’t understand how people can be against this.
    No one is against it

    In fact pretty much everyone agrees that we need it as a separate mode

    Some including me just think some of you are being a tad “precious” about not being able to play the “stale & boring” mode you all complain about for just 3 days

    Ok well glad we agree
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming

    Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it any better. The easiest solution is to have a Hero’s Unleashed seperate playlist. I don’t understand how people can be against this.
    No one is against it

    In fact pretty much everyone agrees that we need it as a separate mode

    Some including me just think some of you are being a tad “precious” about not being able to play the “stale & boring” mode you all complain about for just 3 days

    Ok well glad we agree
    When we had that terrible Halloween restricted play list for like 5 days I just didn’t play for that period

    Not really the end of the world having a few days off
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming

    Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it any better. The easiest solution is to have a Hero’s Unleashed seperate playlist. I don’t understand how people can be against this.
    No one is against it

    In fact pretty much everyone agrees that we need it as a separate mode

    Some including me just think some of you are being a tad “precious” about not being able to play the “stale & boring” mode you all complain about for just 3 days

    Ok well glad we agree
    When we had that terrible Halloween restricted play list for like 5 days I just didn’t play for that period

    Not really the end of the world having a few days off

    Well again I’m glad you agree it wasn’t worth playing during the event you didn’t like, like the title of the thread says.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    ghawar18 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    as a player / consumer, it is normal to have the choice, when you go to a bakery, you do not have to buy bread when you want a baguette. Here it is the same, especially that a section / Mode specialized for players who want to play events would arrange everyone, so I do not see why you find normal to suffer this if we do not like it
    Good comparison

    6 days out of a whole year in ga

    Nice one


    I do not know who is the most stupid between weekend event or your mentality, If you do not understand why this event is stupid, I can not do anything for you, and even in the hypothesis that it's just a matter of taste, this solution would fully satisfy the two parties, those who like or do not like fashion, you still have to complain?
    Actually I do get the frustration

    However some of the comparisons on here are a joke

    Everyone has known for a week or 2 that hu was coming

    Knowing it’s coming doesn’t make it any better. The easiest solution is to have a Hero’s Unleashed seperate playlist. I don’t understand how people can be against this.
    No one is against it

    In fact pretty much everyone agrees that we need it as a separate mode

    Some including me just think some of you are being a tad “precious” about not being able to play the “stale & boring” mode you all complain about for just 3 days

    Ok well glad we agree
    When we had that terrible Halloween restricted play list for like 5 days I just didn’t play for that period

    Not really the end of the world having a few days off

    Well again I’m glad you agree it wasn’t worth playing during the event you didn’t like, like the title of the thread says.
    I didn’t cry about it though
  • Alex64
    5813 posts Member
    Some events lock content on this game, no thanks.
  • Make it a permanent mode in the Heroes tab, so now you can go play your regular boring GA, maybe sit in an empty Heroes Showdown or Cargo lobby for 30 minutes, whatever it is that you do. Win-Win.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Kissfan07 wrote: »
    Three days to give players a chance to be a hero who don't normally get to play as one in a large scale battle. Stop crying and go outside until Monday.

    Getting a hero is not that hard without this event, it is probably harder considering how many people don't want to let their hero go and that half the team is camping the hero menu.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    au1nfqtfyt82.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Make it a permanent mode in the Heroes tab, so now you can go play your regular boring GA, maybe sit in an empty Heroes Showdown or Cargo lobby for 30 minutes, whatever it is that you do. Win-Win.

    I’d pay full price of the game again to sit in an empty Cargo lobby in this game
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Or.... They can put GA offline. So when they do have these "events" "we" that don't like it can fall back to Arcade and still enjoy the game on our day off to relax.

    They can't say it's hard to do. Just they need to hire skilled programmers. As much as I no longer like or play cod they do have bots that can run you into the ground and do everything people can.
  • When I think “Event”, I think like Double XP or Double Currency. What they are doing here is customizing a new mode.

    I for one really dont like these events, but I get it, that other people do. You can’t call anybody wrong and shouldnt name-call, its just matter of opinion.

    For those people who think that this is taking away resources from fixing the game, I just wanna say I highly doubt it. Its just gimicky. Like @Admiral_Xen said, it is equivalent to a Custom Server Browser where the Host can just click a few of the options and start a game. This hardly constitutes as work. No reason to believe the Developers dont have options already to customize the matches. Same like they do with the Hero killswitches. All they did here is changed a few options for the game and called it an “Event”.

    No one is going to change anyone’s minds here, people either will like it or they wont, and there are quite a number of people who do.

    A couple of points I just want to comment on though:

    • As many have stated, there is No Option here. The Developers have forced people into playing this “new” mode.

    It’s not like Ewok Hunt or Jetpack Cargo where they probably did have to do some new programming to create these modes. These modes were also optional in that you could select to play them from the menu. Here the Developers just took the “Lazy” route by customizing the options for Galactic Assault and calling it an event. By only changing the preferences for the match, it does not allow it to be an optional choice on the menu.

    When I say “Forced”, I mean “Forced”. I basically only play GA. I don’t like the HvV stuff. The other modes I can play but I prefer the larger scale modes. SA, I like, but i’m just going to exclude it from discussion because its a different gameplay entirely. So for those people that only play GA, now they arent given the option to play it anymore. The developer has drastically changed the conditions of the mode so its not the same anymore. So what are the options left for the player then:
    1. Play the “different” game mode
    2. Play a different game mode
    3. Don’t play
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Some including me just think some of you are being a tad “precious” about not being able to play the “stale & boring” mode you all complain about for just 3 days

    • If it were just 3 Days, this “Event” would have been done and over with. We already had a Heroes Unleashed Event and here we are having it again. With the popularity of it the 1st time, assuming they dont make it into its own seperate mode, I would predict this specific game event will occur one weekend every month.

    Here are the problems. Most hours that people can put into gaming occurs on the weekends. Weekdays are filled with responsibilities such as work, school, etc. Also, while “Heroed Unleashed” may occur one weekend a month, the “other” events like Cheap Reinforcements have occured on other weekends, so that the original Galactic Assault mode has become much more limited in the total number of days, especially now on the weekends.

    Biggest Complaint is that the Developer thinks they are re-invigorating the fan base when all they are doing is taking away control. Adding an Optional Feature is a way to bring freshness. But the policy of this team is to “Force” changes. Adding something means to bring in addition to, while not altering the foundation of what is established. The “Features” and “Changes” made by the Developer are being “Forced”; taking away the empowerment and freedom of the player, which is really off-setting. If you don’t like something you don’t have an option or any say. You’re forced to be content with what has been altered. It’s not to say some people won’t enjoy the changes but it does create polarization.

    Examples:
    • EOR MM
    • Halloween, limited maps, Night Event

    Adding is good, while subtracting is NOT. Changing is basically Addition with Subtraction. Something is new but your still forced to be content with what is taken away.

    No one should ever have to feel like they can’t play something, to just wait the changes out. This sucks for the people that feel this way. You don’t like it, too bad, let other people enjoy it is a really poor response. Not against those people that feel that way but for the Developer who forced this polarization among people. It doesn’t have to be this way. Again, the people that don’t like it have no choice in the matter. Most people are right, they should have had this as an optional game mode in the menu, whether it was a limited time game mode or not.

    • This event just creates chaos.

    If the teams are balanced with a number of skilled players most of the matches are stalemates and don’t progress very far into the Rounds. If the skill level is unbalanced, it creates an even bigger beatdown for the skilled and coordinated team.

    If your playing on a not very good team against a pretty good team, with 2-3 Heroes controlled by skilled players, its was a chore, but not impossible. Now the skilled team with 6-7 players as a Heroes against your team of not very good players makes the matches go by swiftly.

    There is now the condition where there is 8 Heroes and 8 Villains or whatever it is. This turns the game into more Hero Hunting/Chasing then Objective Play. This is exacerbated by the Maps that have the Ion Launcher objectives. Plus you have the people sitting in the menu waiting for the Hero they want. Chokepoints, if played by the Defenders correctly, are now nearly impossible. Example, Phase 2 Kashyyyk: Yoda, Finn, Han, Lando, Chewy, Wookies, and Officers with Recharge Command in one of the Turbolifts with only 2 entry points, how are Attackers supposed to get in there? Sorry, but Bossk and Iden can only do so much. Very easy to Defend now.

    Some people who don’t get to play as Heroes very much originally in GA mode are now too afraid to Lose control over them. So they play away from the Objective and out of danger. Whether this is in attempt to level up their Hero or because they rarely get to play as them.


    If this event were a RARE “treat” where it happened only 1 or 2 weekends a year I would be okay with it. But with events likely happening a number of weekends a month, it takes away from the original GA mode, which is disappointing with no other option. This specific event I know there is a large majority that like it, which is why were having it again. But there is also a large majority that does not. Unfortunately, there is no other option for those of who do not. So for now, the simple answer is just boot the system up and play something else.
  • Defbored
    972 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    However the uproar that there is no regular ga for 3 days is pathetic

    That's the problem. It won't ONLY be for three days. They're gonna keep bringing this tripe back onto regular GA as events if people like it. Which some obviously do.

    If people like me don't make threads like this protesting the idea of regular GA events like this then they're going to keep doing it. Just like they were going to full well implement a full pay 2 win system in Battlefront II before the community stood against them for it. Protesting against these certain features is no less "pathetic" than when the community protested against the god awful microtransaction system.

    What their problem is, is that they don't have the mental capacity to give players a damn CHOICE. They're acting like it's rocket science or something.

    You also have a simple choice to simply not play the game for a few days. Looks like several people lack the mental capacity to understand and realize simple choices exist.

    So the better option is to tell players to kick rocks for a weekend rather than have a choice of whether they want to play normal GA or HU?

    They asked the players and the players answered.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121676/focused-feedback-battle-point-event-heroes-unleashed/p1

    There are other game modes.
  • My worry is that the reaction to Heroes Unleashed has changed the course of this new Conquest-like mode. I was hoping it would be largely infantry based.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • My worry is that the reaction to Heroes Unleashed has changed the course of this new Conquest-like mode. I was hoping it would be largely infantry based.
    Let’s be honest I think it was always gonna be a massive let down
  • Defbored wrote: »
    There are other game modes.

    Not saying you don’t enjoy it, but I don’t want to play the other game modes.
  • Next up, Heroes Unleashed Ultimate, 20 v 20 where you can only play as a Hero or Villain. No limits. Where everyone can play as Grevious. 😂
  • aww so many salty people
    makes me smile
    Ace speeder pilot.
    http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real
  • My worry is that the reaction to Heroes Unleashed has changed the course of this new Conquest-like mode. I was hoping it would be largely infantry based.

    It was never going to be.
  • I agree FIX all BUGS and issues before all the content and other stuff.

    Really bad bugs and issues in the game its really not acceptable
    Priority list:

    1. Fix Split Screen bugs and the rest
    2. Reduce bright Saber glows especially on Yodas head
    3. 41st Scout clone trooper
    4. Max out Arcade maps Combat area
    5. First Person only mode
  • Game is just a huge mess. That's without the inclusion of events like this absurd "heroes unleashed" event.

    How about you guys actually fix your game before you allocate time making these ridiculous events that nobody asked for, yeah?. The community is asking you for bug fixing, the community is asking you for content, which i'm sure you will have delayed at some point to add things that again, nobody. Is. Asking. For. Events like, oh let me see uh... JETPACK CARGO?. The community asking you for balance. All of which you are neglecting almost over a year of the game being available for purchase.

    Don't get me wrong, i LOOOOVE my abilities not working, audio cutting out during mid-game, lag, unbalanced gameplay when i'm getting mauled by several stunlocks at a time and inevitably dying and more.

    Listen, if you're gonna insist on creating these random events, do us all of favour and make a random tab and place them in there like Ewok Hunt for example. Some of us just want to play a normal game of Galactic Assault for a few since not to mention we have to tolerate the general incompetence of the dev team and the game's obvious glaring issues that come with playing a normal game of GA, we don't need hero spam ruining our evenings on top of that. Give us a CHOICE already.

    Not like player choice has been something that EA have prioritised in the past *cough* gender locked characters *cough* but one can hope i guess.

    yep. I love SW, but not enough to pay Microsoft for my annual Live dues. So I sold my console.

    Dev clearly is moving on to the next SW game. But I'll wait for a long time before buying.
  • I still play during the events, but nowhere near as much. I love the trooper combat in GA with the odd hero challenge to surpass. When these events are on I long for normal GA with its coherent gameplay and objective focus, not this mess. 1000+ hours here, love and support the game, but mutators, like any game, need a separate queue.
  • Well, basically when you don't like the HU, you have to play that totally unbalanced HvV crap. Or not play at all.

    Make. A. Damn. Separate. Queue.

    There should be laws for this, that prevent the devs/publisher from alterating so much what could be consider as the main game mode of a video game. At promotionnal or just fun ending. You can't basically make the thing that explains why people stay on the game to mutate into a chaotic mess only half of the population want.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!