criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do you follow your partner?

Unfortunately, my parter is very rarely on point or on objective...there have been a very few moments when I spawn on my partner on an objective point..... and as following , we always seem to go different directions, althogh I do pay attention to the radar in the direction the group is going.

If you do follow your partner, please be aware of not giving away their position if you see them in a Sneak/ croutched position!

Replies

• 2000sGuy
    5738 posts Member
    Heck no. Quite the opposite. I get a partner who is constantly spawning on my back getting in my way all the time
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I typically try to, even though sometimes the partner is running about like a chicken with their head cut off, or they have a jet pack and I don't. If the objective seems to be neglected, I will split off and go after it, especially Scarif when the entire opposing team seems to be off on another landing pad and the others are wide open to be activated.

You do get more bonus points from the game for each card or trait use for sticking with your partner, at least as I understand it based on the game logistics.
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Heck no. Quite the opposite. I get a partner who is constantly spawning on my back getting in my way all the time

+1

I've had games I think my partner thought the outline meant I was his nemesis
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• rollind24
    4696 posts Member
    edited March 2017

I really wish I had the option to turn off partner start for this reason. Nothing more frustrating in cargo than sneaking upto the base and having someone start on you over and over and running immediately.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I just follow @Wookie_Rage73 and shoot him in the back of the head all match. #bestpartnerever
  • i just view my partner as a walking spawn point nothing more. do get some really good partners once and a while though.
  • Nope...I tend to stay away from teammates period...only difference is that a partner is assigned to you, but play style is identical:

-"oh you are walking quietly? Let me start shooting right now! I know there's no one there...but it's fun to shoot!"
    -"I see you are aiming your pulse cannon/blaster/rocket/***, let me stand in front of you and block the shot!"
    -"Oh did you want that pickup? I thought you were running towards it just for fun...my baaaaddddd"

There are games when I think I'd do better off without any teammates whatsoever.
  • My partner just gets in my way the majority of the time. They trade kill for kill the entire match as fast as they can respawning on me constantly as a result. They either step in front of me at the most inopportune time, block my ability to sidestep behind cover, or run and shoot for no reason at all showing up on radar giving away from position as I'm walking and maintaining fire discipline attempting to flank the enemy. Thanks for nothing EA. Maybe next time give us the option to leave our partner. Better yet, give us a settings option to only be partnered up with friends automatically.
  • I just follow @Wookie_Rage73 and shoot him in the back of the head all match. #bestpartnerever

Wookie and Bear be running through Carbon Freezing Chambers like..
    35ji5qf.gif~c200
  • Empire_TW
    3473 posts Member
    No, they're gross.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Jogo555018 wrote: »
    If you do follow your partner, please be aware of not giving away their position if you see them in a Sneak/ croutched position!
    Happens all the time, I'll be sneaking up on enemies capping our point then he'll start shooting before we even make contact. So frustrating
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member
    Kyloren421 wrote: »
    Jogo555018 wrote: »
    Happens all the time, I'll be sneaking up on enemies capping our point then he'll start shooting before we even make contact. So frustrating

Especially when your team is attacking from the other side setting up a perfect flanking assault.

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy
    5738 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Especially when your team is attacking from the other side setting up a perfect flanking assault.

Usually they'll get the idea and stop spawning on you, but it's not rare you'll get that one thunderhead who won't stop spawning on you
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member

Usually they'll get the idea and stop spawning on you, but it's not rare you'll get that one thunderhead who won't stop spawning on you

The game almost always spawns me on my partner, even if I choose not to.

It is especially annoying when you know your partner is about to get massacred.

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy
    5738 posts Member

I always get back map snipers or DLT19 Noobs who constantly shoot at me.

The one advantage of having a dum partner is if you're entering a room and you're not sure if it's safe, they do make great guinea pigs :naughty:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Only time I partner up is to gain field advantage. I don't really think twice about somebody partnering up with me unless I'm a support hero. Can't tell you how many times I've had a "partner" stand in my way or pop a shield or continuously shoot me. I can only assume the kid's mad that he didn't get to be the hero.
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member

The one advantage of having a dum partner is if you're entering a room and you're not sure if it's safe, they do make great guinea pigs :naughty:

I do this a lot, especially since I got bored with scan pulse.

It is also fun running them into lazer trip mines that are well placed in doorways. It is a laugh emote moment since the radar jammer tells you it is there.

h846398gb27k.png

• 2000sGuy
    5738 posts Member

I do this a lot, especially since I got bored with scan pulse.

It is also fun running them into lazer trip mines that are well placed in doorways. It is a laugh emote moment since the radar jammer tells you it is there.

The best partner is the guy who constantly spawns on Luke/Vader and gets killed immeadiately 12 times in a row
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I think the whole partner system needs to go
  • OrdoNull wrote: »
    I think the whole partner system needs to go

Maybe they should do squads like BF1 on the applicable game modes for the next game. WA or TP with a squad would be great imo.
  • I never spawn on my partner. When the partner spawns on me.. I often use them as a meat shield. Go ahead.. run right in like you just did.. and then die.. and do it again.. while I hold the objective while still using cover.
  • bfloo
    12444 posts Member
    OrdoNull wrote: »

Maybe they should do squads like BF1 on the applicable game modes for the next game. WA or TP with a squad would be great imo.

The squad system is better, you can pick where to spawn.

h846398gb27k.png

• I just use him to teleport back into action & save me walking time. Fireteam buddies really need to train together for months, spend every awake & sleeping hour, to develop rapport and be effective. It looks obvious most of the Dice team haven't done much time in a real army, but that may change: heard Sweden is bringing back the draft, thanks to their big eastern neighbor being naughty… ^_-
  • Empire_TW
    3473 posts Member

If they implement that into battlefront 2 they better not have spawn protection. As of right now it sucks to be killed by some tanked up guy who just spawned in their partner, can't imagine how much worse it will be if up to 3 people can do that.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• On Walker Assault and Turning Point, I rarely do because my partners end up being snipers or token campers. On smaller odes, it depends mix they're playing gung-ho Rambo, running in blindly and getting killed over and over, no. If they play reasonably smart, chances are that I will to benefit from spawning in and cooldowns
  • 2000sGuy
    5738 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

If they implement that into battlefront 2 they better not have spawn protection. As of right now it sucks to be killed by some tanked up guy who just spawned in their partner, can't imagine how much worse it will be if up to 3 people can do that.

Tell me about it. Sucks to nearly kill someone only for their partner to spawn and gang up
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Peepzilla
    550 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    There should definitely be a feature to remove your partner if you don't want one. Just the other day I had the typical 2-18 KDR partner constantly dying and respawning on me robbing me of pick ups, objectives and stealth. It was infuriating. He almost stole a hero pick from me, too. I would have completely lost it.

Conversely, they should have a way to let a player manually match to a partner if you don't have one.
  • Do you follow your partner?
    This Togruta plays alone in OT BF.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    k5do0gdisfjz.png
  • no, but the dog follows me a lot
  • i do now that im playing again. but.....if he/she is doing crazy crap....then no

Such angry individuals on this thread. @beargonefishing1 brings the health and the tunes, then we have fun. I go Rambo and he cleans up the mess. Works well
  • Here's the part I don't understand: When I hit the Y button after I just ate it, 50% of the time it will block me, saying "partner is under attack" and showing livefeed of him trading fire with bad hombres. However, how many times have you been gunning some dude down, only to see his mate teleport in to save his @$$ before you can deliver the coup de grace? Shouldn't he also be required to go back to Square 1?

I thought it maybe related to proximity to enemies, but I've literally had them pop in only a few paces away. Even in Star Trek they don't like to beam directly into the middle of an active kerfuffle. :#
  • 2000sGuy
    5738 posts Member
    Here's the part I don't understand: When I hit the Y button after I just ate it, 50% of the time it will block me, saying "partner is under attack" and showing livefeed of him trading fire with bad hombres. However, how many times have you been gunning some dude down, only to see his mate teleport in to save his @$$ before you can deliver the coup de grace? Shouldn't he also be required to go back to Square 1?

I thought it maybe related to proximity to enemies, but I've literally had them pop in only a few paces away. Even in Star Trek they don't like to beam directly into the middle of an active kerfuffle. :#

Very true. I've killed people only for someone to spawn and be invincible for 2 shots
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I don't often times get partners that seem to know what they're doing/ not be a'holes, but when I do it is awesome.

Like if they share bacta, take cover well enough to move on objectives, not go out of their way to take a powerup I'm clearly going for
  • Most of the time I get a partner they just aren't very good.
  • This is what happens when I do...
    137479774a17bc52st0oo6.gif
  • This is what happens when I do...
    137479774a17bc52st0oo6.gif

So you saw when I tried to use a smart rocket?
    uphqvqw.gif
  • Zedrux
    401 posts Member
    I always get the partner that wanders in the far back of the map, like the FAR back.
  • I usually get one quick chance to spawn on my partner even when he/she is under fire, but if I don't hit the button in time, I need to watch them until they are "safe." So I think it's cool to get a "one-time" shot at getting in fast, but you better be ready to kill.

Remember Ministry's Thieves (with full metal jacket samples): "You will not kill!"
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4c3BCWx5Rpg
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • Honestly, unless my partner has just left the spawn point or is in open ground, then no, I don't (at least not intentionally, sometimes a slip-up happens). But usually I'm stuck with a partner who likes to bum rush the enemy and I'm not into that. I'm not exactly a sniper but I like to sharp-shoot, so I like to find my own vantage point. You can't do that tied to a partner.
  • Here's the part I don't understand: When I hit the Y button after I just ate it, 50% of the time it will block me, saying "partner is under attack" and showing livefeed of him trading fire with bad hombres. However, how many times have you been gunning some dude down, only to see his mate teleport in to save his @$$ before you can deliver the coup de grace? Shouldn't he also be required to go back to Square 1?

I usually get one quick chance to spawn on my partner even when he/she is under fire, but if I don't hit the button in time, I need to watch them until they are "safe." So I think it's cool to get a "one-time" shot at getting in fast, but you better be ready to kill.

Remember Ministry's Thieves (with full metal jacket samples): "You will not kill!"
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4c3BCWx5Rpg

Yes, it seems if you're ready to hit the button right away when you're able to respawn, you can respawn on your partner no matter if there are enemies near or not. The risk is you have no time to evaluate the situation first this way.

On the subject of random partners, I'll often try to give them a chance but will separate & just use them as a spawnpoint if they don't seem to be interested in teamwork. Every once in a while though, you find a good partner and it can be very rewarding. I've even stayed in a few matches were we were badly outnumbered, getting cheezed and run over by the other team only because I didn't want to bail on a partner that seemed intent on sticking it out.

• Do any of you complaining befriend anyone and partner with someone who plays well?
  • Only krennic
  • I don't really follow the partner, but to be able to START on them is invaluable! Which is why I post this comment: Why does it say in the "Tips" on the lower left of the loading screen that nonsense about, "Warning, starting on your partner could get you killed real quick," if the game won't let you start on your partner claiming, "Your partner is in danger." Yeah I know, that why I want to start on him/her, because they're in trouble and close to the action! DUH!!!!!! I think I need to say that last part again for clarity. DUH!!!!!! Come on, game!
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • TimothyTheFirst_
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    if they're not terrible I'll spawn on them so my cool downs refresh faster. if they're actually pretty good I'll probably stick with them, otherwise I'll just do my cool downs and go do my thing.

if they're bad i don't even bother.

I've seen my partner go like 0-25 I don't even know how you can be that bad lol. I mean i used to be pretty bad but I'd at least get a few kills here and there. It seems like dying 25 times in a row wouldn't be much fun.
  • I love Battlefront. I hate the partner system I really do. I hate that it isn’t optional. I feel glad when I join a game and it doesn’t assign me a partner. But then sometimes it does later. I don’t like being watched. I don’t want attention. It makes me nervous. Why don’t I have a choice?

The worst thing is now that they have BFII they don’t care about the old BF. They’ll never change anything on it again. So there will never be a choice to play without a partner, only hope that dumb luck will not assign me to anyone.
  • IronSoldier
    2125 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Please don't bump old threads.
This discussion has been closed.