criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Digital or Physical

ResistanceRodian
281 posts Member
edited November 20
Do you guys prefer digital or physical copies of games.
I personally have 90% off my games physically and the rest on my playstation. I own all Rockstar games on disc, both Battlefronts on disc, every CoD on disc, and then remastered games on my ps4/3
Post edited by ResistanceRodian on

Replies

• IronSoldier
    2127 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I'm on PC so i'm strictly digital. Last physical game purchase was Battlefield 3 back in 2011.
  • bfloo
    12454 posts Member
    Digital, mainly because I install the disk, then get hit with an update immediately.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Physical, I prefer to own the disk itself.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW

• Straight forward. Do you guys prefer digital or physical copies of games.
    I personally have 90% off my games physically and the rest on my playstation. I own all Rockstar games on disc, both Battlefronts on disc, every CoD on disc, and then remastered games on my ps4/3

Digital, I wouldn't trust myself to not snap the disk by accident. Plus i'm on PC so that's my only option.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I used to dislike Digital, but now physical copies make you download just as much as digital. So I am good with either.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1

Digital, I wouldn't trust myself to not snap the disk by accident. Plus i'm on PC so that's my only option.

You know in all my years of playing games and owning them I've never broken a disc.
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I could see the argument that physical would make it so you had the game even after the game servers went down and you then wouldn't be able to play the updated game, so I suppose digital is about the same as physical, unless you're gonna be sharing your game disc.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • I'm fine with either, but I'm not sure what I prefer (maybe physical).
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz

You know in all my years of playing games and owning them I've never broken a disc.

You don't have my clumsiness.
    jexdw69dwod3.png

You don't have my clumsiness.

One time while playing Fall Of Cybertron, I was looking for a place to plug in headphones on the 360, so I turned the system, while it was on, with the disc inside, and then there was a loud grinding sound and my disc needed to be buffed.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Just got Solo on digital a few minutes ago!
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Just got Solo on digital a few minutes ago!

Nice! I plan on getting the DVD for nice symmetry with the rest of my Star Wars collection (partly because I didn't have a Blu-Ray player until I got the Xbox One).
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • Blurays must be on disc. It just looks so cool on my shelf.