criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Focused Feedback: Arcade

Replies

• Right now I only play for daily credits... sometimes. I like the ability to try cards an abilities in a private environment. I hate the fact that I cant do online arcade. I would go from never playing arcade to never stop playing arcade if this was added. Ability to play with friends online, and some sort of larger game mode Skirmish, private GA, really anything like that. It really doesn't matter but it would be nice to be able to change skins in arcade
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    Would like the bot population increased in Team Battle(all modes), preferably up to 20.
    Hero starfighter AI.
  • Hi Ben,
    Arcade really needs an objective based gamemode. It’s not very fun only to kill troopers. Even an AI hero could be amazing!
    Thanks!
  • bfloo
    15030 posts Member
    CRU5HTH3M wrote: »
    Well first off improved bots will be great - making them play like how players play in multiplayer
    Large scale maps
    Conquest
    Hero and reinforcement bots
    Change skin feature
    Survival gamemode
    Skirmish
    Hero Blast in arcade

Do you really want the bots to be that bad? ;)

The ai is truly awful
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I hope folks here realize that this doesn't mean we'll get things in the next few months.
    • What do you like about Arcade?
    • What don't you like about Arcade?
    • What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future?
    • Any other feedback you'd like to share.

I love being able to pwn the A.I. When my internet is down and I really want to play, it's nice to have. It also makes for good practice with certain classes or weapons. Or if multi-plalyer makes me mad (cheaters/lag) I can beat up on A.I. that's dumb. And the campaign. That was fun.

I don't like that the A.I. is really really dumb. Even on the hardest difficulty, they're really dumb and slow. Classic BF2 had A.I. that was smarter and moved faster, even using roll moves. But Classic BF2 A.I. was extra dumb b/c the troops would throw grenades at the wall next to them killing themselves. Because the A.I. is slow, it makes a team match with 999 reinforcements take forever to do because you're limited to only 20 units maximum on each side. I also don't like how limited it is with modes. Onslaught, or team play. The Hero challenges are neat and challenging (for me anyway).

What do I want added? Definitely smarter/faster A.I. More numbers per side at a time. Conquest, but I know that's coming so it doesn't count for the list. And more campaign missions, though I get the feeling that Ep9 will be close to release or will already be released before we get anything for that. I'd also like for the A.I. to be able to use reinforcements and heroes. And have some small maps where the A.I. uses vehicles.

That's it for me.

"So long as you continue to be so predictable I need not face you at all. You are your own worst enemy".- Tassadar

Did someone beat you in the game fairly and you're upset? Was it not bugged or due to lag or a hack and it made you cry? Then please fill out this form and follow it's instructions for sending to the appropriate people.
  • MORE LARGE SCALE OFFLINE GAME MODES I JUST WANNA DESTROY WAVES OF TROOPERS AGGGGHHHHH
    Can't you just get it right like the original BF2 good god it already exists come on its not hard
    It's offline
    What don't you like about Arcade?
    limited options, abysmal AI
    What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future?
    bigger battles and better AI
    Any other feedback you'd like to share.
    Tatooine Imperials and Rebels are still present during arcade matches on Bespin.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • The modding community is larger with this game than with any other frostbite game. A large mode to play offline in is all most of us modders want out of the game.
    A point is going to be hit where you cannot find matches on all modes, thus have any access to these large maps. We don't want it to end up like the last game, with tons of content you can never play again due to lack of servers.
    wlesjq9cnzrb.png
  • My biggest question is why can't PC players play split screen mode like Xbox and PS4? Just make it available to PC players so that they can play with keyboard and controller or controller and controller.
  • stevenomes
    4670 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    arcade is decent but just not that practical outside of limited uses. its only good for training and figuring out hero abilities, and farming credits on the challenges. Would be cool if I could turn on BF2 just to play arcade. right now it won't hold attention that long. AI is brainless and my own team keeps walking in lines right in front of me. since its just basically blast and timed killing available it's not that fun. needs more depth. Like one large scale mode and another small mode with objectives. something where AI has to be more engaged than just mindlessly droning ahead.

also I had one idea for arcade that fit right in the current model. once anakin is released it could be a new mission where he has to go back to tatooine and kill waves of sand people after the death of his mother.
  • Arcade is always fun with a friend in splitscreen but the AI has to be a bit more challenging and the you should open up the hole GA map with much more AI. You should also add some objectives ;)
    Maybe you could make reinforcement AI too.
  • Arcade is always fun with a friend in splitscreen but the AI has to be a bit more challenging and the you should open up the hole GA map with much more AI. You should also add some objectives ;)
    Maybe you could make reinforcement AI too.

But us PC players don't have split screen. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • The AI in star fighter arcade is incredible stupid and most of the time the AI is flying in the out of bounce area we also need many more AI star fighter overall
  • I like arcade because of uncompetitive gameplay, I am very often too tired to play multiplayer and want just goofy around in game and you can't play multiplayer like this because nobody likes it, still it feels sometimes there are many players just goofing around anyway.

There should be bigger game modes for arcade and bigger maps, bigger Conquest mode and Galactic Conquest should be added.

HvV vs AI should be available for arcade. Saber heroes should have at least basic AI movements and attack/block would be enough and for blaster heroes attack and dodge. if you can't make it something more special like in For Honor or many other similar multiplayer combat games where there are also AI bots included.

Speeder bike racing should also be available like in SWBF2015 version with long speederbike racing track map, it could be in both arcade and multiplayer, but make new map for it, old map is played through too many times.
  • I usually just use arcade to grind credits. I'll use it to get a basic feel for a new character before playing them in the live environment. It would be nice if there was some sort of objective play (ground troops and starfighters) in Arcade instead of just the kill/be killed outcome. The new bugs in arcade have made it seem like a less desirable place to spend time. I did enjoy an occasional Starfighter onslaught match but seeing the forums buzz about the AI not spawning and/or flying OB has made it a no go for me.
  • make vehicles available to use as well on the bigger scale arcade mode.
  • Please add online split screen so we can play some online co-op and Private matches would be a nice addition as well. Make The tutorial clone wars like a battle of genosis tutorial form the originals(2005). More battle scenarios as well, ones with the new hero’s and content and I would like to play on the big maps. Also more arcade game modes please.
  • - Online spiltscreen
    - New tutorial(clone wars, battle of genosis)
    - More battle scenarios with the new hero’s and maps
    - More game modes implemented
    - Private matches
    - Improved AI
    - Large scale game mode with the fullest version of each map
    - AI reinforcements and Hero’s

Everything I would like to see.

• bfloo wrote: »
    Well first off improved bots will be great - making them play like how players play in multiplayer
    Large scale maps
    Conquest
    Change skin feature
    Survival gamemode
    Skirmish
    Hero Blast in arcade

The ai is truly awful

I said IMPROVED ai. I don't want them to be awful, I want smart ai
  • More bots
    Hero bots
    Vehicles for both sides
    Objectives
    50 x 50 would be awesome the score limit would be at 1000 which is already there.
    Gunships and troop transports that are controllable. With this of course a big game mode.
  • Un modo de asalto galactico
    Y otro de asalto a cazas estelares
    Seria perfecto
    Tambien un modo como galactic conquest
    Como los battlefront originales1nyj939zrkwv.jpg
  • Arcade

What do you like about Arcade? - my kids can play so they get to join in on the Star Wars awesomeness.

What don't you like about Arcade? - the grind has been removed, there's no levelling up or unlocking of star cards anymore, no progressive challenges.

What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future? - there needs to be more modes, like extraction, Blast etc and definitely a large scale mode.

Any other feedback you'd like to share. - why does the enemy throw themselves on the floor if you hit them with something big, like a Bowcaster?
  • I like arcade for when I can’t be bothered with being competitive in multiplayer, or when I want to practice my aim, or learn the maps a bit better. Or while I’m waiting for some friends to come online.
    Also use it to play with heroes, because I rarely get them in GA, being distinctly average in this mode.

Pretty much agree with everything that has gone before in this thread.
    Need:
    - objective based modes (GA, strike, conquest, but also SA, as it might persuade me to try it out a bit more)
    - large scale maps
    - Enforcers and heroes AI
    - Improved AI (would be nice to see them roll to avoid damage, etc)
    - Fixes to AI on certain levels: Jabba’s palace is unplayable, as they all spawn in the corridor just up from the pit, then walk through the walls and staircase...
    - Fix to the problem where you finish an arcade match, then get messed up EOR screens (and no points/experience) in the next multiplayer matches. The only workaround at the moment is to quit the game and restart, but it should be easy to fix.

Thanks in advance for any and all of this! ;)
  • CRU5HTH3M wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Large scale maps
    Conquest
    Change skin feature
    Survival gamemode
    Skirmish
    Hero Blast in arcade

The ai is truly awful

I said IMPROVED ai. I don't want them to be awful, I want smart ai
    You said you wanted the AI to play like players play. His first comment was actually a dig on certain elements , we’ll call them, within the player base. Notice the winking emote?

His second sentence was in agreement with you on the actual AI.

Just clarifying.
  • I really want to see vehicle's added, ad I'm not too good with them in GA, and I usually get shot down too quickly.
  • I also think offline GA would be cool
  • Like most people have already said:
    A bigger scale mode, something to keep it more interesting and something to do when playing splitscreen. This would include more bots and some objectives would be cool! Maybe even ground vehicles!
  • more modes for sure. i'd love to see all the online modes setup as arcade modes.

i'd love for a galactic conquest style campaign.

it's so limited in scope now it really doesn't do for the franchise what past games did and that's a shame that this game is not as robust as games that came out 10 + years ago.
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    My biggest question is why can't PC players play split screen mode like Xbox and PS4? Just make it available to PC players so that they can play with keyboard and controller or controller and controller.

Or atleast allow network play...
  • We already know were getting a large scale ground mode with vehicles so I wont talk about that, but here we go.
    I love just going into arcade, testing new heroes, destroying bots sometimes and I like how you can change the settings, etc.
    What I dont like, however is how there aren't more specific settings..like we should be able to make it so the enemy team has a hero at all times, or so we can make it so there are no boundaries, or maybe make it so that the enemies can only use specific guns, etc.
    I want that Duel mode to be in the Solo section too, so we can fight hero bots and reinforcements. Very messy how I organized this but its whatever..
  • [*]What do you like about Arcade?

I like being able to jump in and play on one-shot. It turns the game into a simulator.

[*] What don't you like about Arcade?

I don't like that I can't play with a friend (on PC) online. Private match

[*] What would you like to see added to Arcade in the future?
    - Maps should not be locked by Era! There's no reason we shouldn't be able to play as Imperials v Rebels somewhere on Naboo, or Republic v Separatists on Hoth!
    -I think campaign maps should be playable in arcade! There are a lot of GREAT maps in the campaign that are never played. If they cannot easily be added to multiplayer, drop them in arcade!
    -Also it would be great to see the large multiplayer maps in arcade!!
  • AI Heroes please.
  • All I want is just large scale mode in arcade( More than 20 vs 20 including with vehicles ). Also would nice to see improvements in AI(Ex. Running, reinforcement class AI, Hero AI).
  • Here is a check list for arcade.

All online modes and maps. (and the new conquest mode) except blast because we alreadu kinda have this with the mode we have now.

Weather and time options.

Map randomizer.

Map play list.

Bigger maps with vehicles for the mode we have now in arcade.

Maybe to be able to try ouy skins before we by them?

An option for AI heros and reinforcements.

Way better AI.

Ect ect. Much much more that I can't think of.

:Things I don't like:

Arcade doesn't get a lot of love.

The AI is kinda weak and simple.

And the fact we don't have all the things I said above.

Thank you for your time.
  • Yes. Yes! Finally! I've been waiting for this, my goodness! Thank you, F8RGE! I've been waiting for this, oh man, where do I even start?!

Ok...Ok. What I like: the freedom to test out all the characters. The Reinforcements and Heroes as well as the Star Cards and their different combinations, all unlocked from the start. That's really awesome. :smile: The customization settings are all very good, too. Lots of variety there, lets me have wonderful control over the session.

What I don't like? Well...kind of, well, what everyone else has said thus far. The maps are miniscule, the AI are dumb even on Expert difficulty, there are no objective-based scenarios whatsoever. Team Elimination and Onslaught. That's it. That's the absolute most barest minimum. It's not good. That's simply not good. The map bounds are also quite ridiculous, especially in Starfighter Arcade.

Also, the 10 VS 10 limit is just, ridiculous. It's just *too* little.

What I would love to see added...ohhhh man. Oh man. My goodness, that's opening the floodgates, but here we go.

Objective-based gameplay. Give us tasks, give us objectives to complete, give us a mission. Please, *please* port Skirmish Mode from 2015's game. That mode was so cool and fun! Like, damn! It was so much fun! It was immersive, it was chaotic, it was explosive and just, so much fun, especially with a friend on the couch next to me!

Second: please, make Starfighter Arcade the same it is on Starfighter Assault. That mode already has AI bots in the match, so why can't there just be more bots in the arcade mode? :confounded:

More bots. More AI bots. More than 10 VS 10. Please, more than 10 VS 10. Reinforcement AI too would be awesome additions. Let us be the heroes that save the match.

Also, Galactic Assault. Galactic Assault *has* to come to Arcade! If 2015's BF could do it with Walker Assault and Skirmish, then this game should do it like, 10-fold! It would be amazing! :smiley:

Also, also, a skin selector, vehicles, both AI and player-controlled, to just, simply add more immersion to the battle.

Also...I don't know if anyone has suggested this before...but...what about a "Battle Relive" mode? Take the iconic battles from the movies: Yavin 4 and the first Death Star. Hoth and Echo Base. The Battle of Endor, etc, in which the player can either "follow the script" and let the battle play out like in the movies or "change history", so to speak, by winning a battle meant to be lost. *That* is a true "Star Wars" fantasy come to life for me. :3

So...yeah, heh, I think that's pretty much it from me. Sorry for the long post, but...I've been waiting for this, you guys. Make this game as incredible as it should and I know it can be. Make this the be all, end all, the definitive "Star Wars: Battlefront" game! Thanks!

May the Force be with you always.
  • Yes. Yes! Finally! I've been waiting for this, my goodness! Thank you, F8RGE! I've been waiting for this, oh man, where do I even start?!

Ok...Ok. What I like: the freedom to test out all the characters. The Reinforcements and Heroes as well as the Star Cards and their different combinations, all unlocked from the start. That's really awesome. :smile: The customization settings are all very good, too. Lots of variety there, lets me have wonderful control over the session.

What I don't like? Well...kind of, well, what everyone else has said thus far. The maps are miniscule, the AI are dumb even on Expert difficulty, there are no objective-based scenarios whatsoever. Team Elimination and Onslaught. That's it. That's the absolute most barest minimum. It's not good. That's simply not good. The map bounds are also quite ridiculous, especially in Starfighter Arcade.

Also, the 10 VS 10 limit is just, ridiculous. It's just *too* little.

What I would love to see added...ohhhh man. Oh man. My goodness, that's opening the floodgates, but here we go.

Objective-based gameplay. Give us tasks, give us objectives to complete, give us a mission. Please, *please* port Skirmish Mode from 2015's game. That mode was so cool and fun! Like, damn! It was so much fun! It was immersive, it was chaotic, it was explosive and just, so much fun, especially with a friend on the couch next to me!

Second: please, make Starfighter Arcade the same it is on Starfighter Assault. That mode already has AI bots in the match, so why can't there just be more bots in the arcade mode? :confounded:

More bots. More AI bots. More than 10 VS 10. Please, more than 10 VS 10. Reinforcement AI too would be awesome additions. Let us be the heroes that save the match.

Also, Galactic Assault. Galactic Assault *has* to come to Arcade! If 2015's BF could do it with Walker Assault and Skirmish, then this game should do it like, 10-fold! It would be amazing! :smiley:

Also, also, a skin selector, vehicles, both AI and player-controlled, to just, simply add more immersion to the battle.

Also...I don't know if anyone has suggested this before...but...what about a "Battle Relive" mode? Take the iconic battles from the movies: Yavin 4 and the first Death Star. Hoth and Echo Base. The Battle of Endor, etc, in which the player can either "follow the script" and let the battle play out like in the movies or "change history", so to speak, by winning a battle meant to be lost. *That* is a true "Star Wars" fantasy come to life for me. :3

So...yeah, heh, I think that's pretty much it from me. Sorry for the long post, but...I've been waiting for this, you guys. Make this game as incredible as it should and I know it can be. Make this the be all, end all, the definitive "Star Wars: Battlefront" game! Thanks!

May the Force be with you always.

Battle relive would be dope. That could be a new arcade feature or a campaign type thing. Please, this is a must.
  • March should be a Arcade update where we get offline conquest. Improved AI and new AI types with private matches and online spoltscreen.
  • Multiplayer arcade mode outside of split screen as well as AI heroes would be nice.
  • Arcade is great for the future of this games but currently too limited.

Needs an objective based game mode for both on the ground and starfighters, which will hopefully be possible after new game mode. 2015 skirmish is badly missed.

More AI (20v20) which would also lead to opening the boundaries up more on current maps and would ramp up immersion.

AI reinforcements and hero's which would include hero starfighters if possible.

Ability to change skins/ hero skins like multiplayer and a day/ night selector on viable maps

The AI in star fighter arcade needs to be more aggressive on expert level as currently not challenging enough

Some more maps or even some of the campaign maps as these maps are great and deserve more usage. 2015 maps would also be a decent option if possible.

Jabbas palace needs fixing as currently unplayable on arcade.

I play mostly multiplayer but very much enjoy using arcade but in its current state it loses immersion levels too quickly.

I'm very excited to see arcade get some well needed attention from the devs , the future and longevity of this game seems to be much better now . Appreciate all you do

Nice 1st post and welcome to the forums. I'd just add to your list the ability to jump into ground vehicles as well as fight against them.

Some good suggestions on this thread that, if implemented, would keep me interested in playing arcade. Well done.
    #StarWars-y
  • Rax
    27 posts Member
    I appreciate that all maps have been added to arcade as they've come out. That's been refreshing to see after none of the DLC was available offline in the last game.

Like most of you, I'd like to see a large-scale mode that features the entirety of each map- preferably something objective-based like conquest. Some kind of time of day selection would be welcome as an option as well.

And on a completely random and selfish note, I'd love to see more Bespin maps from 2015. :) Bespin Airspace would certainly add some much-needed variety to Starfighter Assault, and the Carbon Freezing Chamber would be a welcome addition as such an iconic location.

• I think arcade is a waste of precious resources...
  • Also make it so we can play on the GA and HvV versions of the maps.
  • CloneTroopr
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What do you like about Arcade?
    Provides a way for me to play offline with a friend on the couch.
    All new maps have been added to Arcade mode.

Not enough modes.
    Too few AI.
    AI can't be heroes or special units.
    Only 1 other player for splitcreen makes this an unpopular party game.
    Map selection is one-by-one.

I would love to see a Conquest mode in Arcade, as well as Heroes vs Villains deathmatch mode with AI.
  • I think arcade is a waste of precious resources...

????
    So let’s say in 3 years when this game is possible dead and you can’t play any of the online content then what. Well you have offline like how we all can enjoy 2005 battlefront 2 offline content because the online is dead so no arcade is not a waste of time but is the most important part of the game or at least will be.
    Custom Arcade.

Suggestions:
    I would love for some new battle scenarios whenever new planets or heroes come out (Obi-Wan and Grievous on Geonosis, Phasma and Finn on Crait, etc). I would like an offline version of Galactic Assault in Arcade (complete with vehicles)!
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
    I like that I have the option to play offline against bots, and test out different star cards. I also like how we can play on all of the planets, and also play starfighter game modes as well.

I don't like how the bots can't sprint, and they seem fairly dull (in terms of their abilities). I don't like that we can't face off against reinforcements or against heroes and villains. I also don't like how we do not have a large scale game mode in arcade where we can access vehicles on the ground and play objectives.

Definitely the conquest mode. Galactic Conquest would be cool to integrate into arcade. Galactic and Starfighter assault as well.

Any other feedback you'd like to share.
    Make arcade star card selections separate from multiplayer star cards! If I am testing out random star cards with anybody, that change carries over to multiplayer as well, which doesn't make sense. Also, allow us to change appearances in game within arcade (Appearances carry over from your set collection appearance, but you can't change it in arcade specifically).
  • Arcade needs to have the ability to play the big game modes like 2015 did. The blast and onslaught style game modes just aren’t enough. Also some of the arcade achievements have locked out on my account and it’s impossible to get them. I also can’t use my skins unless they were pre equipped.