criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How do I turn of text chat? I am very tired of verbal abuse and bullies.

RC2074
129 posts Member
edited November 2018
Hi,

Just want to say that I was a exposed to verbal abuse by one certain bully by this name [Removed] during a game Heroic today. At first I responded by calling him names back because I became to .... The person in question made rude comments regarding my game skills and I reacted. Listen up I wish to adress this and find a solution either that do moderator say something to this person or I at least get the instructions on how to turn of text chat so I am not forced to read these online insults in the game. This is the person in question: [removed]. I am not sure what this persons problem is but it do not give him or her the excuse of acting like that toward other users of the game just because they are not skilled at playing the game. There should be room all her not just bullies who wish act out their bad behavior.

I urge EA/DICE moderator to respond to this as soon as possible.

Thank you
Post edited by IronSoldier on

Replies

• IronSoldier
    3245 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Please do not name and shame on the forum. You can hide chat on pc using H (by default).
  • Please do not name and shame on the forum. You can hide chat on pc using H (by default).

But can we name and praise good players. I've come across some players that won a game by doing some great things.

Can we do that or just don't name anyone to be safe?
  • IIPrest0nII
    3878 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited November 2018
    On the forums ( not only SWBF) we usually do not allow name and shame people which you suspect in cheating or violating EA terms of service. It also applies to name of servers and platoons if the game has all this.

Just a clarification*
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • RC2074
    129 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    thank you. I will hide the chat so I do not read this rude persons bad comments ever again. Right or wrong. Attacking people like I was is still wrong and not ok.

I will orbey these rules though.
  • Put tape over the text box area
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So there is no option to block people on PC?, pretty sure you can do that on PS4, not that I have ever needed to. Actually the player base seems great on PS4 , sometimes stranger will message me after a lightsaber fight on GA to say how great it was or vice versa, but the players on For Honour? Man, that's a salt mine.
  • ^Some guy in for honor said that my brother sucked so I killed him and his 3 friends by myself to shut them up.
  • 4_K_I wrote: »
    ^Some guy in for honor said that my brother sucked so I killed him and his 3 friends by myself to shut them up.

LOL, seriously what is it with that game?
  • People get mad for the following reasons
    1. throwing players of a ledge
    2. Double/Triple/Quadruple teaming
    3. constant grabbing
    4. Using cheesy moves AKA unblockables
  • But I did not allow the folks who made fun of my brother to get away with any of these enraging tactics. They attempted numbers 2 and 3 but I had to bring down the law on them AKA embarrass them.
  • IronSoldier
    3245 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Going to close this off here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!