criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Melee Reinforcement in the new trailer??

niqqssokoeea.png

Could we be getting a new Reinforcement? Or is this a replacement for the Wookie? New starcard? Phasma Buff?

Video Creds here:
giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
-Ronald Reagan

Replies

• I believe that it is a new star card, as I think that if it was a reinforcement, it would have a shield as well, being reminiscent of the Coruscant Guard Riot Troopers during The Clone Wars
  • I saw this too. If it's a new melee Reinforcement, exciting (I doubt it's a replacement Enforcer, although there is a distinct lack of Wookiees in the trailer (which is interesting for other reasons), because it doesn't really fit with any Enforcer abilities). If it's a new Star Card, also exciting, because that means there's a possibility of new star cards for all classes in the future and suggests that there may be at least one added to all classes, unless it switches out an existing card. Either way, I am definitely looking forward to this update.
    @UrbanGlitch I do agree that from the trailer it looks like it may well be a star card for Assault or possibly Officer as it looks like we're getting armoured Officers for Geonosis at least if not the other maps, given the lack of other equipment and the 212th skin on the trooper, but it could also be that it's an ability of a new reinforcement where it gets out this baton. Perhaps even like the Trench Raider from Battlefield 1, with a heavy pistol, one-hit club, and increased health and speed? Even as a pick-up from the ground rather than a menu option where you switch out your kit, like in BF1? Unlikely, sure, but it would be pretty cool to see in Battlefront.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • Netero wrote: »
    Probably another crashed speeder

Definitely. Why didn't I see that before!
    giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • It's the same baton and animation seen in the campaign being used by AI Stormtroopers and First Order troopers.
    No reason to believe at this stage that this is anything more than an animation being applied to a clone trooper for a non-gameplay cinematic scene in a trailer.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • It's the same baton and animation seen in the campaign being used by AI Stormtroopers and First Order troopers.
    No reason to believe at this stage that this is anything more than an animation being applied to a clone trooper for a non-gameplay cinematic scene in a trailer.

That's what I've just thought
  • hsf_
    1820 posts Member
    Netero wrote: »
    Probably another crashed speeder

Definitely a crashed Speeder. I don't understand how people can think it's a melee animation, when it's clearly a crashed speeder.
  • I would be ecstatic for a new Enforcer class.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh