criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

GA Raining down death from above.

I used to be a hater of GA even back when you could farm AI points in the skies. But i have recently converted having level 40d all my starfighters and hero ships long ago.

Im getting better at my "boots on the ground" play. But what i really love is getting in the sky with my level 40 starfighters, raining down hell from above, taking infantry out. Especially when they then spawn directly into the sky for revenge entirely unprepared for my advanced pilot skills and get killed again. Then spawn in a heavy and try and shoot me from the ground. When i notice their shots and kill them again haha!

Also fire ion rockets at me all you want you will never get me.

Peace homies.

Replies

• Hah hah. I’m a SFA main. I’m not very good at infantry aiming so on the rare occasions I take to the skies in GA I experience the same as OP.

It’s life-affirming for poor infantry players like me when someone unknowing of my piloting skills tries to take me out.

pH
  • That’s good, players like you should be up there watching our, I guess tops, so we don’t get strafed every time. Goes the other way too when it gets annoying n we don’t have good pilots to counter.
  • You mean doing this?
    Yes that's a lot of fun :)
  • KASH199 wrote: »
    They must be destroying you on phases there aren’t any starfighters.

Thats very true. But by the time im done smashing people from the sky i have a hero.
  • Phyrebrat wrote: »
    Hah hah. I’m a SFA main. I’m not very good at infantry aiming so on the rare occasions I take to the skies in GA I experience the same as OP.

It’s life-affirming for poor infantry players like me when someone unknowing of my piloting skills tries to take me out.

pH

Yeah ive seen you around you put up a good fight. My GT is LUCILOVESICK87
  • That's quite alright. Starfighters are at best, a medium annoyance. I don't recall one ever making or breaking a team. Unless of course you manage to kill a key hero.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • It’s people like you who try to kill my hero on Hoth. :#
  • I too do this, I'm much more a Pilot than a Soldier, it's just more fun in general.
    TheScape wrote: »
    I've always hated people complaining about air support. It's like a lot of people don't realize that most of us strafe to help our team play the objective, by clearing it of enemies.
    People only hate it when it's happening against them, otherwise we either go unnoticed or are loved when fighting for them.
  • My favorite is the rebel speeder on Hoth. Go as high up as possible, slow all the way down, I can usually snipe upwards of 7 troopers in one run. So much fun.
  • anybody give tips on how to at least use the star fighter in GA? Im not a bad pilot, nothing like anakin or luke, but i can be middle of the road in SA with a servicable team. but as soon as i spawn in GA with a starfighter the hawks are immediately on me. i end up just flying in circle the whole time doing evasive maneuevers until they eventually get me, i crash into something, or just realize the only help im providing is taking the heat off ground troopers. i kind of feel like Wedge from ANH where he is just flying in the trench to serve as a i distraction to take heat off lukes ship. "Get clear wedge, you cant do anymore good back there". is there a way to combat this because it really saps any motiviation i have to try and take vehicle in GA.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    anybody give tips on how to at least use the star fighter in GA? Im not a bad pilot, nothing like anakin or luke, but i can be middle of the road in SA with a servicable team. but as soon as i spawn in GA with a starfighter the hawks are immediately on me. i end up just flying in circle the whole time doing evasive maneuevers until they eventually get me, i crash into something, or just realize the only help im providing is taking the heat off ground troopers. i kind of feel like Wedge from ANH where he is just flying in the trench to serve as a i distraction to take heat off lukes ship. "Get clear wedge, you cant do anymore good back there". is there a way to combat this because it really saps any motiviation i have to try and take vehicle in GA.

For me, I stick really close to the ground if I'm being pursued by another starfighter, maybe throwing in some parabolic motion. If the enemy appears to be spawn killing your starfighter, I head a direct course for them as soon as I spawn, as most of the time they decide to do the same, but I prefire and (if in a fighter) use barrage or quadlaser, that tends to work for me.
    When it comes to ground assaults, I try to climb as high as possible, then reduce thrusters to zero and come back down almost vertical like a dive bomber.
    I can't speak for every Pilot, but these are the tactics I employ.
  • pie3xupwnnzp.jpg
    I like this post...
    save it 'Big Deal' for the real war.. .. umm, the one where SMART tanks will reign destruction on your... umm, and you will feel the wrath... yup, the skies will burn with ashes of rage and fury... and you will drink MILK again???
  • Basically it depends on the map.

On naboo if youre the separatists take to the canals and podrace. Its likely your persuer will crash.

Rain down upon the ion disrupter logo and youll pick up kills.

If youre the republic, hit a y wing and dain on the mtt and clear skies.

On starkiller base get the a wing fast and rain down on both objectives. Ive gotten like 20 kills from the sky there and turned the tide for our team.

Add me on xbl LUCILOVESICK87 ill teach you.

Btw i regularly take out heroes as air support. So far this week ive clocked 2 bossks 2 finns. 2 Vaders and a kylo ren all from the sky.