criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Officer nerf discussion....

Prev1
Flash Grenade: Removed movement impairing effects that would occur when affected by the flash
Inspiring Presence: Lowered score gained (15->10 points per tick)
Blurrg-1120: Reduced Start Damage *(*32->25) and End Damage (14->12)
SE-44C: Reduced Start Damage (33->31) and End Damage (17->15)
S-5: Reduced distance before damage fall off starts (20->15)

Ok lets discuss the nerf
1. FG: nerf was necessary but nothing much changes. You will still be spam blinded.
2. IP: ok a small change but this will NOT fix officer BP points. The setup to run is recharge, BH, resourceful. Nerf will do nothing to stop the hero farmers.
3. Weapons: nerf was ridiculous and NO ONE asked for this. The nerf was not to "balance" trooper classes. The nerf was done to dissuade people from using Officer. The weapons were a nonissue.

I feel the devs missed every opportunity to fix the real issues that players have with Officer.

The changes wont affect BP hero farmers and FG spam.

Ace speeder pilot.
http://bit.ly/2smYu2B playa from day 1 when shift was real

Replies

• Goodbye inspiring presence
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Bluurg is total trash now

I bet it will be trashed. Anyone want to add up the damage changes for the weapons now?
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Hahaha, fantastic! This will functionally change nothing for good players, so we can look forward to continued tears!

Lol yep..
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • Defbored
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    As an officer main I'm actually happy with it.

I was hoping that either the bp gain would be nerfed to ground and the weapons wouldn't be messed with too much, or vise versa. And vise versa is what happened.

It could've been much worse.
  • Defbored wrote: »

I was hoping that either the bp gain would be nerfed to ground and the weapons wouldn't be messed with too much, or vise versa. And vise versa is what happened.

No it is still bad the blerg is TRASH. And the S5 has been messed with.

No what?

The battlepoint gained wasn't nerfed too hard. But it's obvious that the officer is the most used character in the game. Like I said, give either the weapons or the bp gain a hard nerf... which is what happened.

How'd you get early access to the patch to verify that the blurrg is trash?
  • This officer could've been so much worse. I think it's fair.
    Defbored wrote: »

No what?

The battlepoint gained wasn't nerfed too hard. But it's obvious that the officer is the most used character in the game. Like I said, give either the weapons or the bp gain a hard nerf... which is what happened.

Firstly, the battlepoint gain was not nerfed functionally unless you were running the sub par presence build... which hasn't been the optimal BP point build for 6+ months at least.

Secondly, it is not "obvious" that officer is the most used character in the game as there is no data available on base trooper usage, and anecdotes about how many Officers you see in a game are irrelevant as for every anecdote about how many there are, you can find someone else stating they see mostly Assault, Heavy, whatever.
    This officer could've been so much worse. I think it's fair.

It still will happen just slowly and it's not fair considering the class has had nothing but nerfs to everything barring his shield

No what?

Firstly, the battlepoint gain was not nerfed functionally unless you were running the sub par presence build... which hasn't been the optimal BP point build for 6+ months at least.

Secondly, it is not "obvious" that officer is the most used character in the game as there is no data available on base trooper usage, and anecdotes about how many Officers you see in a game are irrelevant as for every anecdote about how many there are, you can find someone else stating they see mostly Assault, Heavy, whatever.

You're right. There are no available analytics for which troopers are being used the most. Sorry. However, I do spawn in with all officers often enough to notice. But you're right, my anecdotal evidence does mean much.

But the message board has been hounding about a nerf to the officer. And that's exactly what we got.

You're right. There are no available analytics for which troopers are being used the most. Sorry. However, I do spawn in with all officers often enough to notice. But you're right, my anecdotal evidence does mean much.

But the message board has been hounding about a nerf to the officer. And that's exactly what we got.

I think the majority of the officer nerf call was for the BP Gain even if some people incorrectly thought the BP gain was from inspiring presence. This nerf affects being able to play the officer as a route to playing than officer more than it affects playing the officer as a route to heroes, reinforcements, and/or vehicles.

• RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    With the S-5 max end damage being reduced to 15 from 20 the Dual Zoom mod and the reason to use said S-5 for long range is badly nerfed

I haven’t even unlocked the other guns mods which make them “overpowered” yet I can obviously feel it on the receiving end.

The S5 was my go to blaster for long range anti vehicle damage because I don’t have ion shot for the “white imperial blaster”
    This s-5 nerf makes me sad...
    Who complained about it to justify this Nerf

Edit: All I have seen and read, are threads about the Blurrg and se44c blaster

I think the majority of the officer nerf call was for the BP Gain even if some people incorrectly thought the BP gain was from inspiring presence. This nerf affects being able to play the officer as a route to playing than officer more than it affects playing the officer as a route to heroes, reinforcements, and/or vehicles.

To be honest this nerf does absolutely nothing lol. Anyone running presence was crutchijg themselves. Sub 2 min hero’s anyone, I’m in
  • everyone crying about officers ... nobody mentioned that the wookies are now stronger than Chewbacca!
  • CypressHorn
    285 posts Member
    edited November 2018

To be honest this nerf does absolutely nothing lol. Anyone running presence was crutchijg themselves. Sub 2 min hero’s anyone, I’m in

My second sentence was more about grenade and weapons. If a player was using officer as a way to PTO (i.e., not for BP gain), having weaker guns and a weaker grenade hurt.

• everyone crying about officers ... nobody mentioned that the wookies are now stronger than Chewbacca!

is this the wookie/chewbacca thread? no
    k thx
    Ace speeder pilot.
  • Versatti
    2076 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    EightMile wrote: »
    Flash Grenade: Removed movement impairing effects that would occur when affected by the flash
    Inspiring Presence: Lowered score gained (15->10 points per tick)
    Blurrg-1120: Reduced Start Damage *(*32->25) and End Damage (14->12)
    SE-44C: Reduced Start Damage (33->31) and End Damage (17->15)
    S-5: Reduced distance before damage fall off starts (20->15)

Could care less about the BP reduction, genuinely won’t have an impact on my gameplay.

Flash Grenade I have mixed views about, but I accept that change was needed.

The pistol nerfs are rediculous and uncalled for.

I’ll reserve further judgement until I get the chance to log on and play but I will add that I feel officer should have got ‘something’ positive in return for this crazy assault which clearly has an ulterior motive behind it.
  • Flash Grenade change is very welcome
    IP dropped by 33% - which keeps is as something people will use, but decreases BP gain significantly
    Blurrg was turned from a mediocre weapon (yes headshot kills at close range, but horrible distance damage) to probably the worst gun in the game
    S-5 was very slightly nerfed, but I think this gun was in no way needing a nerf
    The SE-44c nerf probably will probably be fine
    Hahaha, fantastic! This will functionally change nothing for good players, so we can look forward to continued tears!

That’ll never get it man.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    Anybody saying that the nerf to the weapons is fine should run some numbers.
    • Each Blurrg bullet lost 7 damage. One burst shot is 4 bullet. 4 * 7 = 28 damage less per burst. That means almost 1 less shot per burst if all of them hit. I don't know the headshot multiplier, but I have a feeling that it will no longer let you kill with one well-placed headshot in CQC.
    • The S5 is a weapon barely used, requires skill and had a decent range. It was a semi-sniper pistol. What is the point of reducing its fall off distance? What is the points of its zoom mod?

As everybody else said, that was a punishment to anybody that played Officer because some people abused its BP generation. This won't change BP gain whatsoever for people using Officer to farm. This might **** off real Officer teamplayers which are the ones helping your team push the objective.

I think people are saying its fine mean they will simply swap from Blurrg to SE. You are right though, this will have zero impact on top tier officers and sub 2 min hero attainment.
  • What's the start damage? The damage of the first shot?
  • I dislike most of the nerfs to the officer so far, but it appears they listen to reddit more than this website..
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Netero wrote: »
    What's the start damage? The damage of the first shot?
    Damage at point blank range. At about 20-25 meters away, the damage from the officer weapons start to become less.
  • Netero wrote: »
    What's the start damage? The damage of the first shot?
    Damage at point blank range. At about 20-25 meters away, the damage from the officer weapons start to become less.

Thanks I'm just gonna switch to the SE
  • EightMile wrote: »
    I feel the devs missed every opportunity

That about sums up this game.
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    Flash Grenade change is very welcome
    IP dropped by 33% - which keeps is as something people will use, but decreases BP gain significantly
    Blurrg was turned from a mediocre weapon (yes headshot kills at close range, but horrible distance damage) to probably the worst gun in the game

The IP drops from 15 to 10 per "tick." Not sure exactly what a "tick" is, but assuming it's around a second, that equates to around 300 BP per minute. 300 BP over the course of a minute is not keeping good players away from heroes. What this nerf will probably do though is make people stop using IP, which is something that actually helps team play. If their concern is BP generation, more people will switch to BH, which is strictly about BP gain. Less team focus, more solo focus. Law of unintended consequences.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    awakespace wrote: »

The IP drops from 15 to 10 per "tick." Not sure exactly what a "tick" is, but assuming it's around a second, that equates to around 300 BP per minute. 300 BP over the course of a minute is not keeping good players away from heroes. What this nerf will probably do though is make people stop using IP, which is something that actually helps team play. If their concern is BP generation, more people will switch to BH, which is strictly about BP gain. Less team focus, more solo focus. Law of unintended consequences.

Good Officers weren't using Officers Presence, so there will be no impact on the BP generation of the good Officer players... which are the ones who everyone whines about.
  • TheScape wrote: »
    • Each Blurrg bullet lost 7 damage. One burst shot is 4 bullet. 4 * 7 = 28 damage less per burst. That means almost 1 less shot per burst if all of them hit. I don't know the headshot multiplier, but I have a feeling that it will no longer let you kill with one well-placed headshot in CQC.

The headshot multiplier is 1.9x or 90% more damage basically. Given that the max damage for the Blurrg we see now is 25 per shot, the max headshot damage for one shot would be 47.5. And 47.5 x 4 (round burst mod) = 190. You can't one-burst heavies with the burst mod given with this change, you'll always need two shots then.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    TheScape wrote: »

The headshot multiplier is 1.9x or 90% more damage basically. Given that the max damage for the Blurrg we see now is 25 per shot, the max headshot damage for one shot would be 47.5. And 47.5 x 4 (round burst mod) = 190. You can't one-burst heavies with the burst mod given with this change, you'll always need two shots then.

So does this mean the basic Blurrg only does 50 damage per blast?!

Leveling up the Blurrg to unlock other mods is now even harder,

At least the basic pistol is untouched
  • d0kRX
    1425 posts Member
    RyanK388 wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »

Some of the basic pistols are better than all three of the officers guns.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • RyanK388 wrote: »

If you don't aim for the head? Then yes 50.

• flash nerf was needed, weapon nerfs are extremely unnecessary and the BP farm was not effected at all.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

• unit900000 wrote: »
    flash nerf was needed, weapon nerfs are extremely unnecessary and the BP farm was not effected at all.
    Meanwhile, Dice is patting themselves on the back for another job-well-done, smh...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    flash nerf was needed, weapon nerfs are extremely unnecessary and the BP farm was not effected at all.

This.
  • I remember a time where everyone was being Blurgg hunted. Officers running and spraying Blurgg deaths. I wanted to join them. By the time I reached Blurrg- worthy, it had been Nerfed a week. In this last week, I both unlocked the third and final upgrade for the Blurrg and qualified SE-44c. And another Nerf. I can't ahead of the curve.

When started, I was a very bad player. All I could do was run around, help heal, and recharge. Today, I'm just a very fair player. With Nerfed firepower, I will run around, help heal, and recharge.
  • I dislike most of the nerfs to the officer so far, but it appears they listen to reddit more than this website..

A sad bit very truthful fact

The basic pistol has already been nerfed

They only decreased the end damage I recall, and that was it. Not too bad.
    grimmace2 wrote: »

Good Officers weren't using Officers Presence, so there will be no impact on the BP generation of the good Officer players... which are the ones who everyone whines about.

OP was made useless awhile ago, IBC, BH, and resourceful are the way to go
    grimmace2 wrote: »

OP was made useless awhile ago, IBC, BH, and resourceful are the way to go

OP was never really the most ideal loadout, when it got the first nerf it made it even less so.
  • What's the logic behind using IBC over recharge? Not dissing using it but seems like IBC is more defensive in that you can tank damage where recharge allows flash nade spamming making it more offensive.

I think IBC gives more bp as well per equivalent amount of troopers buffed?
  • Case18 wrote: »
    What's the logic behind using IBC over recharge? Not dissing using it but seems like IBC is more defensive in that you can tank damage where recharge allows flash nade spamming making it more offensive.

I think IBC gives more bp as well per equivalent amount of troopers buffed?

One reason is IBC can be recharged via others running recharge, however it doesnt work vice versa. Thus you can pump out 1.5k BP usually before entering combat on some maps.

No when the blurrg was new it also had near zero spread meaning you can one shot snipe people from 100 miles away they would have no idea what hit them. Then they nerfed the spread (??twice IIRC)

No when the blurrg was new it also had near zero spread meaning you can one shot snipe people from 100 miles away they would have no idea what hit them. Then they nerfed the spread (??twice IIRC)

I meant the default officer gun, not the Blurrg.
This discussion has been closed.