criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Let Obi Wan Kenobi inflict 300 damage from behind with his lightsaber

Landeaux
3467 posts Member
edited November 2018
As the title says, allow General Kenobi to damage an enemy for 300 damage from behind. Surely this will not be an issue for a Jedi Master to do it since General Grievous can currently deal up to 320 damage from behind with his lightsaber (plus tap you several times with Claw Rush). Let Obi Wan do it since someone on the dark side can do it.

Thanks! :)

w3jwvxmwyywk.gif

Replies

• Everyone in the game has something unique about them that other characters don't have. Heck let maul dash though blocks & ignore rolls since yoda can. But no that's a unique character trait for yoda & shouldn't be given to another character same thing here

Technically Rush ignores rolls, as well, so that’s not unique. What’s unique about Leia? Her squad shield? What’s unique about Chewie? What’s unique about Han? What’s unique about Luke? What’s unique about Maul? What’s unique about Obi Wan?

If you want to allow someone to deal double damage from behind even when he has abilities that deal high damage then the frontal attacks need to be below average, especially when he has a star card that can increase the damage by +30.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    what is with you and posting garbage threads crying about everything? Grievous damage is fine he gets destroyed by blaster heroes easily he has high damage but gets melted quickly. the patch is going to fix his unrelenting advance so that might help but barley cause thats not gonna stop someone from rag dolling him with force powers and explosives or stunning him. his damage he does when behind an enemy can be nerfed when they buff his blocking stamina so he doesn't die the second he has to fight a blaster hero if his abilitys are not up.

I asked for Obi Wan to deal 300 damage from behind. How is that crying? Oh, and grievous isn’t bad vs blasters lol. His blocking stamina doesn’t need to be buffed when he has an agility that’ll block every shot in front of him.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    7315 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Everyone in the game has something unique about them that other characters don't have. Heck let maul dash though blocks & ignore rolls since yoda can. But no that's a unique character trait for yoda & shouldn't be given to another character same thing here

Technically Rush ignores rolls, as well, so that’s not unique. What’s unique about Leia? Her squad shield? What’s unique about Chewie? What’s unique about Han? What’s unique about Luke? What’s unique about Maul? What’s unique about Obi Wan?

If you want to allow someone to deal double damage from behind even when he has abilities that deal high damage then the frontal attacks need to be below average, especially when he has a star card that can increase the damage by +30.

Leia secondary fire can still lock on from the other side of the map. Lukes rush ignores dodges. Han as a han main he is the most powerful blaster hero in the game. 140 headshots 80 to the body 150 shoulder charge when getting a running start & 190 when using it out of nowhere. He's unique cause he melts people & his dl 44 can melt you from all ranges. It snipes better than almost any sniper rifle & the drop off damage is low compared to other hero guns Well chewie was unique seeing as how he could melt people so you got me there. Obi wan has an ability where he blocks blaster fire on top of probably having a better defense than Vader & the high ground & shutting down people abilities. Maul just his amazing speed there's a reason people run with him(used in the wrong way I might add) edit* forgot maul didn't have stamina
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    No. General grievous is a coward who uses cheap tactics so giving him a dirty ability like that is fair to me. He's fine

lhboaw4bhjts.gif

Lmao
    unit900000 wrote: »
    what is with you and posting garbage threads crying about everything? Grievous damage is fine he gets destroyed by blaster heroes easily he has high damage but gets melted quickly. the patch is going to fix his unrelenting advance so that might help but barley cause thats not gonna stop someone from rag dolling him with force powers and explosives or stunning him. his damage he does when behind an enemy can be nerfed when they buff his blocking stamina so he doesn't die the second he has to fight a blaster hero if his abilitys are not up.

I asked for Obi Wan to deal 300 damage from behind. How is that crying? Oh, and grievous isn’t bad vs blasters lol. His blocking stamina doesn’t need to be buffed when he has an agility that’ll block every shot in front of him.

your posts are either whiny or passive aggressively whiny is honestly ridiculous. maybe vs trash players hes good when fighting blaster heroes lol. I dont see him being good vs blaster heroes just cause they fixed unrelenting advance but we will see if hes good enough with it working properly then his damage can be nerfed but I have my doubts.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Everyone in the game has something unique about them that other characters don't have. Heck let maul dash though blocks & ignore rolls since yoda can. But no that's a unique character trait for yoda & shouldn't be given to another character same thing here

Leia secondary fire can still lock on from the other side of the map. Lukes rush ignores dodges. Han as a han main he is the most powerful blaster hero in the game. 140 headshots 80 to the body 150 shoulder charge when getting a running start & 190 when using it out of nowhere. He's unique cause he melts people & his dl 44 can melt you from all ranges. It snipes better than almost any sniper rifle & the drop off damage is low compared to other hero guns Well chewie was unique seeing as how he could melt people so you got me there. Obi wan has an ability where he blocks blaster fire on top of probably having a better defense than Vader & the high ground & shutting down people abilities. Maul just his amazing speed there's a reason people run with him(used in the wrong way I might add) edit* forgot maul didn't have stamina

You just said yoda’s Dash ignores dodge. Iden melts people and her sniper can take 300+ health at long range. Melting people isn’t a unique ability. It’s a problem. Vader will still be able to take more punishment than Obi Wan.

your posts are either whiny or passive aggressively whiny is honestly ridiculous. maybe vs trash players hes good when fighting blaster heroes lol. I dont see him being good vs blaster heroes just cause they fixed unrelenting advance but we will see if hes good enough with it working properly then his damage can be nerfed but I have my doubts.

Or irritable of the direction this game has gone.

He's just frustrated that Luke hasn't been buffed for HvV, and rightfully so, the DS force users **** on the LS force users in HvV.
  • No. Stop that.

Stop it.

He's just frustrated that the LS force users are **** compared to the DS force users in HvV, and rightfully so.
  • Ciena_Ree wrote: »

I’ve studiously ignored everything you’ve posted for a good while now, but Chosen is right. Let’s also go through your list:

Han - Detonite charge. Unique, no other hero or villain has it.

Chewie - Shock grenade and furious bowcaster, as well as just a bowcaster. Nobody else has them.

Maul - No stamina drain, in keeping with his assassin play style.

Luke - Repulse, knocking back everyone within a certain radius.

Obi-Wan - Mind trick which disables rolling and all abilities, as well as a focused, directional push that can go up into the air or down onto the ground, for making use of the high ground.

Leia - Squad shield.

I could go on, but you already know that Chosen is right that every hero and villain has a unique trait that sets them apart from the others. So please, until the patch is released and Obi-Wan is in the game, stop asking for changes that might not even be needed.

At least you’ve momentarily stopped harping on about Luke.

All of Grievous's abilities are unique so the argument about it being his only unique trait is mute. I feel that he is perfectly entitled to continue, "harping on about Luke" until Luke gets a buff.

You just said yoda’s Dash ignores dodge. Iden melts people and her sniper can take 300+ health at long range. Melting people isn’t a unique ability. It’s a problem. Vader will still be able to take more punishment than Obi Wan.

He can ignore people dodging though. Idk what you mean. He can get out of all force powers block orbital strikes & block bossk mines pretty unique. & obi wan has a regen card like Leia & the general so i think he might be able to. Idens 150 secondary fire(nerf it) & shield( nerf it into the ground)
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ciena_Ree wrote: »

I’ve studiously ignored everything you’ve posted for a good while now, but Chosen is right. Let’s also go through your list:

Chewie - Shock grenade and furious bowcaster, as well as just a bowcaster. Nobody else has them.

Obi-Wan - Mind trick which disables rolling and all abilities, as well as a focused, directional push that can go up into the air or down onto the ground, for making use of the high ground.

Leia - Squad shield.

I could go on, but you already know that Chosen is right that every hero and villain has a unique trait that sets them apart from the others. So please, until the patch is released and Obi-Wan is in the game, stop asking for changes that might not even be needed.

Shock grenade isn’t unique. Disabler and Shock Droid do exactly what shock grenade does and that is shock the enemy. Push and unleash also knock back enemies. Rey’s Mind Trick used to disable abilities before it was perpetually nerfed. Luke can currently reach enemies in the air with his Force abilities.

Do you care to explain how something like Rey’s Mind Trick, Luke’s Force abilities, Leia’s squad shield, etc. are more beneficial than double damage? I’d suppose not.

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Leia - Squad shield.

So now we say weapons are unique abilities for a character? Lol. Shock grenade is the same as disabler and shock droid: they shock the enemy. Luke could currently hit someone who’s above him with push if he looks up so that’s not unique to Obi wan. Would you like to explain how Repulse and squad shield are somehow as effective or more than effective as double damage? I’d suppose not. Oh, and another thing: maybe you should’ve been practicing instead of studying my posts.

You didn’t say effective, you said unique, and every hero is unique in some way, shape or form. Perhaps you should spend less time trying to shame people and perhaps a little more time reading through your own responses, hm?

No other hero has a shock ‘grenade’. Did you miss that bit? There are other shocks, but not grenades.

There’s also no need to study your posts. They go something like this: ridiculous comment complaining about the Dark Side, swiftly moving on to some snide comment about the light side, usually sweeping in to talk about how underwhelming Luke is, before finishing off with some comment on nerfing Vader. I figured that system out nearly a year ago.

Oh, and here’s a tip: try better if you’re going to shame me. I’m certainly not ashamed considering I was neither in a group or playing with good teammates, I didn’t spawn camp, and I didn’t run away as Fett or freeze people as Kylo. You, on the other hand, happily abused the mechanics you’re always complaining about and we’re playing in a group.

Trying to get technical with the term “grenade” is a laughable ploy to try and claim you’re right about its uniqueness.

Yes, I’d assume you dislike my assault on overpowered garbage in this game given your performance. It’s much easier to do better with overpowered characters.

What mechanics do you claim I’m abusing? How would you know I abuse these mechanics, if so? To be clear, I don’t. It’s evident you don’t know what you’re talking about as you were playing against my friends. I wasn’t present. Additionally, my friends said you were Boba Fett and you flew away the whole time. Good try though.

Leia - Squad shield.

Shock grenade isn’t unique. Disabler and Shock Droid do exactly what shock grenade does and that is shock the enemy. Push and unleash also knock back enemies. Rey’s Mind Trick used to disable abilities before it was perpetually nerfed. Luke can currently reach enemies in the air with his Force abilities.

Do you care to explain how something like Rey’s Mind Trick, Luke’s Force abilities, Leia’s squad shield, etc. are more beneficial than double damage? I’d suppose not.

Oh good, we’re back to the old “I’ll skip the posts I don’t want to read” phase. The effect of the grenade isn’t unique, but the ability is, it’s a grenade, not a disabler, not a droid. Therefore, it is unique. You only said they had to have a unique trait, not that it was effective. Perhaps read your own posts, hm?

Do stop moving the goalposts when you hoist yourself quite effectively at the beginning. Just own up when you’re wrong, it’s not difficult. Plenty of us around here do it all the time.

Leia - Squad shield.

Oh good, we’re back to the old “I’ll skip the posts I don’t want to read” phase. The effect of the grenade isn’t unique, but the ability is, it’s a grenade, not a disabler, not a droid. Therefore, it is unique. You only said they had to have a unique trait, not that it was effective. Perhaps read your own posts, hm?

Do stop moving the goalposts when you hoist yourself quite effectively at the beginning. Just own up when you’re wrong, it’s not difficult. Plenty of us around here do it all the time.

Read my last comment. Wanna know something about unleash and push? They both knock the enemy back. They’re not unique. It doesn’t matter if they have different names. They do the same thing. Same applies to shock abilities.
  • Unrelanting advance can be disrupted by several abilities in game, everyone has a stun or a force power that can end his abilitie. I dont think he will become a blaster killer like he is a jedi killer just because of this abilitie, and probably blasters will still be his weak spot. But of course, only time will tell.
  • @Ciena_Ree

Trying to get technical with the term “grenade” is a laughable ploy to try and claim you’re right about its uniqueness.

Yes, I’d assume you dislike my assault on overpowered garbage in this game given your performance. It’s much easier to do better with overpowered characters.

What mechanics do you claim I’m abusing? How would you know I abuse these mechanics, if so? To be clear, I don’t. It’s evident you don’t know what you’re talking about as you were playing against my friends. I wasn’t present. Additionally, my friends said you were Boba Fett and you flew away the whole time. Good try though.
  • Ciena_Ree
    908 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Supino wrote: »
    Unrelanting advance can be disrupted by several abilities in game, everyone has a stun or a force power that can end his abilitie. I dont think he will become a blaster killer like he is a jedi killer just because of this abilitie, and probably blasters will still be his weak spot. But of course, only time will tell.

At the end of the day, we’re not sure how he’ll play out, we have to wait and see what the changes and fixes have done to his overall viability. I think these changes will be helpful in GA, but likely not too much so, he’s still incredibly fragile against most blasters. I do wonder if his unrelenting advance will be worth the risk, given if you’re flanked, the time to exit the the animation and move means you’ll have had a full round in the back, likely knocking off most of your health.

Leia - Squad shield.

Read my last comment. Wanna know something about unleash and push? They both knock the enemy back. They’re not unique. It doesn’t matter if they have different names. They do the same thing. Same applies to shock abilities.

It also doesn’t matter if they have the same effect, you specifically said what was unique about all these heroes. I told you exactly what unique traits each of them had. Why is this difficult to comprehend?

Your understanding of overpowered is also poor, because like always, you’re showing your incredible bias towards HvV and hang everything else. GA is the flagship mode and the heroes should always be balanced around that, if we’re not going to get separate balancing, which it looks like we won’t. In which case, Vader is not OP, he’s essentially free points if you spot him as an enforcer or trooper. Yoda is king, followed closely by Finn, and the rest of the light side more often than not will steamroll Dark Side teams if they’re halfway competent.
    Unrelanting advance can be disrupted by several abilities in game, everyone has a stun or a force power that can end his abilitie. I dont think he will become a blaster killer like he is a jedi killer just because of this abilitie, and probably blasters will still be his weak spot. But of course, only time will tell.

At the end of the day, we’re not sure how he’ll play out, we have to wait and see what the changes and fixes have done to his overall viability. I think these changes will be helpful in GA, but likely not too much so, he’s still incredibly fragile against most blasters. I do wonder if his unrelenting advance will be worth the risk, given if you’re flanked, the time to exit the the animation and move means you’ll have had a full round in the back, likely knocking off most of your health.

Leia - Squad shield.

It also doesn’t matter if they have the same effect, you specifically said what was unique about all these heroes. I told you exactly what unique traits each of them had. Why is this difficult to comprehend?

Your understanding of overpowered is also poor, because like always, you’re showing your incredible bias towards HvV and hang everything else. GA is the flagship mode and the heroes should always be balanced around that, if we’re not going to get separate balancing, which it looks like we won’t. In which case, Vader is not OP, he’s essentially free points if you spot him as an enforcer or trooper. Yoda is king, followed closely by Finn, and the rest of the light side more often than not will steamroll Dark Side teams if they’re halfway competent.

Actually Palpatine is king

Leia - Squad shield.

What, in GA? I don’t know about that, I think he’s actually a liability in closed off maps like Kamino or the middle two phases of Jakku. I honestly think Bossk is king on the Dark Side, although you have to watch his back and it’s also incredibly helpful to have another hero backing you up whilst you’re laying down smoke and explosives. Think about the turbo tanks on Kashyyyk too, Palpatine’s tracking is unreliable at close ranges.

Now if we’re talking about at launch Palpatine, yes, he was king. In fact, no, I’d say he was a God.

Leia - Squad shield.

You told me something was unique based off of the terminology used, not the effect. That is wrong. It’s not about what they’re called, it’s about what they do.

You’re misunderstanding of balance in a game is staggering (no pun intended). Uninformed users are part of the reason why this game is in its current poor state. If GA is the core mode, why have more maps been added to HvV than GA? As I’ve pointed out in past discussions, they know how to balance heroes dependent on the mode. I played with Vader a few times last night in GA and did fine. He’s fine in GA. He’s not fine in HvV. Perhaps the problem is the abundance of abilities and weapons that troopers, vehicles, and enforcers have at their disposal to deal with heroes, and not the heroes themselves.

Leia - Squad shield.

What, in GA? I don’t know about that, I think he’s actually a liability in closed off maps like Kamino or the middle two phases of Jakku. I honestly think Bossk is king on the Dark Side, although you have to watch his back and it’s also incredibly helpful to have another hero backing you up whilst you’re laying down smoke and explosives. Think about the turbo tanks on Kashyyyk too, Palpatine’s tracking is unreliable at close ranges.

Now if we’re talking about at launch Palpatine, yes, he was king. In fact, no, I’d say he was a God.

Best Villains for GA

1.Bossk
    2.Palps
    3.Maul
    4.Iden
    5.Vader(yeah, Vader isn't that reliable anymore)
  • Raices wrote: »

Leia - Squad shield.

Best Villains for GA

1.Bossk
    2.Palps
    3.Maul
    4.Iden
    5.Vader(yeah, Vader it's not that reliable anymore)

Would switch vader & maul
  • top 3 for GA imo is

1. Bossk

2. Maul

3. Palps

Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Leia - Squad shield.

You told me something was unique based off of the terminology used, not the effect. That is wrong. It’s not about what they’re called, it’s about what they do.

You’re misunderstanding of balance in a game is staggering (no pun intended). Uninformed users are part of the reason why this game is in its current poor state. If GA is the core mode, why have more maps been added to HvV than GA? As I’ve pointed out in past discussions, they know how to balance heroes dependent on the mode. I played with Vader a few times last night in GA and did fine. He’s fine in GA. He’s not fine in HvV. Perhaps the problem is the abundance of abilities and weapons that troopers, vehicles, and enforcers have at their disposal to deal with heroes, and not the heroes themselves.

Unique: adjective
    being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

That’s the definition of unique. So, with that in mind: does anyone else have the ability to grant themselves damage reduction, increased health and increased damage other than Vader? No. Does anyone else have a bowcaster that is able to be fully charged and used as a cannon via furious bowcaster than Chewie, or a ground slam? No. Does anyone else other than Han have a detonite charge? No. Does anyone have a small hit box and the ability to dash through blocks other than Yoda? No.

Can any hero other than Leia deploy a shield or throw a flash bang grenade? No. Does anyone else have no stamina drain like Maul? No. Does anyone else have a frenzy ability that closes the distance on an enemy and locks them down, other than Ren? No. Does anyone have the ability to invert the controls of enemies other than Rey? No. Can anyone else completely disable the abilities and rolling of an enemy other than Kenobi, or control if their force push goes up or down to accommodate terrain? No.

Not one of the heroes or villains is the same. They are all unique in some way or another with what they can do, what features they have, the abilities they use. This is the definition of unique. The effect does not matter, the ability, it’s animation, it’s style, these make heroes unique.

Now, on to the balance. Clearly you have never played against a good assault or heavy because all you do is dodge and roll, chipping away at Vader’s health unless he retreats. Enforcers make mincemeat of him with overload. Their grenade radius will wipe out plenty of his health, and officers will be happy to laugh as you attempt to hit them whilst firing their completely automatic SE-44 right at your back. Or blinding you.

More maps have been added to HvV because they’re literally scraps of the maps made for GA, for the most part. There’s maybe three that are unique, off the top of my head, and that’s the Kashyyyk trees, Jabba’s palace and Bespin. Of those, only Kashyyyk was designed for HvV, the rest were designed for either extraction or sabotage of the previous game. Hardly new content like Yavin IV, or Kamino.

Finally, all evidence points to the fact that the developers are balancing heroes around GA and that is where their focus lies. You forever keep bringing up Luke’s slight tweak to say this shows they can do separate balancing, but you forget that it is applied only to troopers, not specific game modes, which means if you did tweak any heroes those effects would carry over to GA and you’d massively destabilise that mode. And as we’ve gone on this merry go round before, you would also require a separate balancing team to monitor both modes and balance accordingly. The hero designer specifically mentioned that separate balancing was something he wanted, but there were lots of problems in getting it in, and we know he doesn’t have the manpower to staff two groups when we clearly see they struggle to balance even GA by itself.

Also, last time I checked, Geonosis is coming to the game as a new map for GA. Nothing from that map is used for HvV. Crait came, and no HvV came with that map. And I suspect the final nail will likely be Conquest, where they’ll shift all their balancing efforts to. HvV, like all the other small modes, has been put to the side as a token novelty to play, as unfortunate as that is.
  • Raices wrote: »

Leia - Squad shield.

Best Villains for GA

1.Bossk
    2.Palps
    3.Maul
    4.Iden
    5.Vader(yeah, Vader it's not that reliable anymore)

These days I’d be tempted to put Maul slightly above Palpatine, with his health card now he’s actually pretty insane, as most of us guessed he would be if he got a card.

Other than that, I agree with your list completely.
  • It's funny to see people like Ciena Ree, acting like they have actual knowledge about the game while those are scores they get as Dark Side when they meet proper players. 9bg87dwtir9u.png

Anyway since I was called out here is footage of my team hiding and running as Boba while our Ciena "1 elimination" Ree tried to relentlessly hunt us down.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kroljulian1916/video/64361289

Tbh you're in a group & the darkside going up against randoms. Not that hard to make people look bad

You have footage of him running around the map as Boba when he was target. 1 elimination as Dark Side is embarrassing. Pretty sure it wasn't solo as well.

Youre in a group still going up against randoms. & his team probably suck & looking at the score probably did. If you were going up against another squad you could,make a point but you weren't.
  • I'd rather they reduce Grievous's absurd backstabbing saber damage against heroes only, but hey, to each their own...
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    I'd rather they reduce Grievous's absurd backstabbing saber damage against heroes only, but hey, to each their own...

That’s really something I could get behind, for sure. There’s quite a bit right now in favour of the Dark Side, so perhaps just toning down his damage would be a nice gesture. Power creep is already quite bad, though not to the same level as in games like Galaxy of Heroes. Some characters there have kits that are better than whole teams of characters.
  • My Rey lol. You mean my Rey that was doing what she wants with your Vader when we had 1v1 until you decided to run to your team because you weren't able deal single damage?
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/kroljulian1916/video/55202560
    Funny you bring it up cause I recorded it
    for Bysee to show what coward are you to run from 1v1 and how bad player you are to not deal single damage.

I won't throw a **** at you like you did. I remember many past toxic behaviours from you but only few recorded so I won't dumb it down to accusations without proof. If you have something on me show it or keep that in your mind full of imagination. Me and my team never camp and barely anyone play Phasma/Finn.

Lmao that's funny that vader didn't lose any health & you're the type of player that just constantly blocks lmao I would've left too. Also you ain't destroy him at all lol. He walked away with his what may be 50 lost health lmaooooo

HM ok you not only can't read but you can't really see hit markers/health bar. I understand some people are unable tho.

I agree with @Dash
    I just can't stand bad players accusing my team of doing things we don't do without any proof.

I saw but you didn't do anything I thought how you put it you destroyed him. You also can't call people bad when you in a group. Of course you're gonna do good you're suppose to. Besting randoms & implying your good says a lot
  • A little late to the party, but are we really complaining about an unreleased character. Also, Grievous is slow and has little stamina. He’s great as is.
  • Nah. Obi is fine, he doesn’t need a buff.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• No no no Landeaux
    path_I_cant_follow_star_wars.gif
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
    top 3 for GA imo is

1. Bossk

2. Maul

3. Palps

Bossk Gets Destroyed by Saber users except for Luke if he doesn't have body guards protecting him, or caught off guard. Jumping seems to have been nerfed and I still get hit sometimes. Roll certainly was gutted. Sometimes hit stun from saber swings cancel your abilities. Bad.

Maul might as well be up against a stone wall against wookies atm. TTK is still too high with rolling, Overload still 2/3 shots him and theres this glitch where overload makes them immune to choke throw.

Palps destroys pretty much any other Hero Except for Finn with Damage reduction up, or a good Yoda. Other wise They literally run at his sight. With Dark Aura he can literally clear rooms with chain lightning. Heals to full on one button press in some cases. Escapes Flash bang scrubs with ease. Saber users basically can't even touch him. Easily still the best Hero in GA atm. I really missed out back when he was OP at launch, just recently purpled his cards, and man do more Heroes need to be built like him.

List right now for Dark side:

1. Palps
    2. Bossk
    3. Maul
    4. Vader
    5. Boba
    6. Iden
    7. Grievous (when maxed)
    8. Kylo
    9. Phasma
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Is he underpowered or something?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    Am i the only one who likes Boba now that he has a health card? He's insane on maps like Yavin and Tatooine. I would also put Vader over Maul. It also feels like Palpatine lost some of his mojo... troopers rolling away from his lightning drastically increase thr time to kill, that combined with health buffs and there is very little what you can to do help push some objectives.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • IronSoldier
    3606 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Lads. Ladies. This thread is about Obi wan inflicting 300 damage from behind. It is not about a user's preference or performance in game. Keep it on topic and don't call people out.

Leia - Squad shield.

I don't want to fight with any of you two, but there are some important "mechanical" differences between the 3 shock abilities (I am not even going to count the other 2 available but if you want I can).

Shock grenade works as a grenade. You toss it and you get shocked if you are inside its area of effect when it lands. So, basically, you have to aim before launching it, if not, you just wasted the ability.

Lando's Disabler is a weird gadget. It gives something similar to the "Scramble Infiltration" effect from Specialist while active, it attaches to surfaces (I think it is both walls and floors/ceilings), has a timer before it triggers (like Officer's grenade) at it always tells you how many people are around it that MIGHT be affected (it seems to count people through walls that might not get shocked). You can toss it, "forget about it" and use it when the numbers show up in the ability.

Iden's droid is... a droid. The ability is never used if there is nobody in its area of effect and even if you trigger it on an area, the droid still has to track the players when it gets close so you can effectively avoid the shock even after it is launched.

They all function differently even if the final effect is the same.
    May your heart be your guiding key.