criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Fix the in game stuttering and lag!!!

Prev1
Makir1000
58 posts Member
edited November 2018
New update NO FIX for in game stuttering and controls lagging.

This game got terrible not optimized! My CPU and GPU are running 100% all time!!!

When game launched never had this problem!

This is outrages EA! I paid for the game so it would works and that I can play. Not this!

I was just playing Geonosis game is working at one point and starts randomly stuttering my controls lag. Next match it was working normally and crashed to desktop!

I ma sick and tired of this! FIX THIS!

{EA_Lanna: removed profanity from thread title and opening post}
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Replies

• EA_Tom
    380 posts EA Community Manager
    @Makir1000

I just played a few rounds and didn't experience any stuttering myself.

This also isn't something that I've seen widely reported. What kinda gear are you on? Perhaps a fresh install of your drivers?
  • Finally I got someones attention. There are more threads on this problem.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/108703/how-to-fix-stuttering-and-100-cpu-usage-at-the-beginning-of-the-round-amd-gpu

I don't remember when this started, probably before summer. But after one of the patches my game started stuttering. First I thought it was my mouse. I bought a new one and problem is still here.

Then I watched my task manager only to found out my CPU and GPU are working on 100%.

This wasn't the case when game was originally launched last year. I never had problems.

Now this is frustrating. This is only game I am playing.

My drivers are up to date. I now installed latest optional AMD driver to see if it will fix this. Just by Google-ing you can see many have this problems.
  • I have SW BG 1 no problem there.
  • So the latest optional driver works better I also reset the driver options in AMD app for the game.
    Only every time when I die, screen flashes blue! :(

This is not permanent fix and my CPU and GPU should not work always on 100%...

My spec:

CPU AMD quad core 3,40 GHz,
    GPU AMD Radeon R9 200 - 3 GB RAM,
    RAM 8 GB,

enough to run the game.

Still I had this stuttering problem for months randomly coming in game, especially when I encounter more people and need to fight. Reading there are few topics here on and on Reddit.

Please EA fix this!

• Connection is not my problem. Not optimized game is!

Still stuttering comes back and can't play normally the game.
  • Makir1000 wrote: »
    New update NO FIX for in game stuttering and controls lagging.

This game got terrible not optimized! My CPU and GPU are running 100% all time!!!

When game launched never had this problem!

This is outrages EA! I paid for the game so it would works and that I can play. Not this!

I was just playing Geonosis game is working at one point and starts randomly stuttering my controls lag. Next match it was working normally and crashed to desktop!

I ma sick and tired of this! FIX THIS FFS!!!

I'm experiencing it to. Bump
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    @Makir1000

This also isn't something that I've seen widely reported. What kinda gear are you on? Perhaps a fresh install of your drivers?

There are a fair few reports in other sections and have been for quite a while, perhaps if you started one specifically for it might be a good idea? That way it would make the job of you guys easier to collate data to see how many are suffering, its pretty much how it was a year ago on release sometime, (not all the time).
  • So the beta driver didn't fix anything so I reverted to latest recommended driver.

Back on start.

I still think this is game problem. I don't experience this with SW BF 1 or any other games I own.
  • bad lag and stuttering on xbox here aswell.
  • It's not just PC, I'm on Xbox One and have really fast up/down internet speed, wire connection directly to the hub and yet I suffer game breaking lag often.
  • I have lots of lag, thanks to EA deleting my local server I now have to play on the German server with 200ms+ ping. Really not cool. All because of match making "adjustments".
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Suffering massive random graphics issues and only since the update its like having no driver installed, doesn't do it with other games! only way to clear it is bug out n restart which is not really on please fix.
  • I just got the game on Black Friday (11/23) for PC (i7, Win 10, 32GB RAM, NVidia GTX 960) and have been playing almost non stop since Friday. Every day while playing multiplayer it ran smooth as silk until today's update. Now, I have constant lag, rubber banding, suddenly falling off ledges, etc.
  • game is playing horribly on PS4 Pro
  • StarCraftSniper
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    game ran smooth as butter on ULTRA before patch. PC player here.
    I see players lagging and occasionally i have a rubber band.
    "Default" Server setting 32-38 Ms Latency to US Virginia.
    Nvidia 1060 6gb VRAM
    16GB RAM
    Ryzon 5 CPU
    Please fix the game and do not brush this under carpet, which you would likely want to do due to the previous reception of this game, and this attempted revival with Geonosis content.
    hotfix or kill BF2 again.
  • you guys talking about the ragdoll stuttering? like when you get force chocked of flung in the air and the screen starts shaking really hard? yeah its been happening almost every match for me on ps4. also a bad glitch on steps going up to second level of palace hanger. people getting stuck on the edge of the steps where you can only move back and forth.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    you guys talking about the ragdoll stuttering? like when you get force chocked of flung in the air and the screen starts shaking really hard? yeah its been happening almost every match for me on ps4. also a bad glitch on steps going up to second level of palace hanger. people getting stuck on the edge of the steps where you can only move back and forth.

I suffering the same, and also the lag is unreal to the point the games not playable. I just wish the devs would say it's broke, I'm tired of this game now, I just want a refund
  • all this during double xp weekend. we are forced to plow through if we want to level up those lacking heroes.
  • I have experienced intermittent lag since launch in all game modes. It seems to be widely acknowledged by forum members.

I've would say that I experience issues such as stuttering, rubber-banding and abilities appearing to activate but then resetting at least one in every 5 to 10 games.

I've learnt to live with it. Really annoying in HvV when I am the target. Seems to come and go during a match.

XBOX One, UK ADSL, No other NW traffic using the bandwidth to my knowledge.
  • all this during double xp weekend. we are forced to plow through if we want to level up those lacking heroes.
  • Thank you all for opening up! I knew this was not only my problem as game worked fine when it was release. Updates ruined it! EA MUST ADDRESS THIS ISSUE keep posting and ask you friends to comment if they have the same problem.
    This is shame for EA!
  • Whole game's a mess, full of glitches and exploiters
  • Same problem here... playing on PC. Galactic Assault is unplayable because of stutterng. Restarting the game sometimes helps but it should be fixed ASAP!
  • EA it's in the game.
  • Some matches play normally but sometimes the stuttering makes me quit. Can't hit a thing while it's happening.
  • EA can we get patch fix for Christmas?
  • Boosting this, still have rubber banding on Xbox one. I have my router connected with ethernet to my console but still lag in every game type even in small matches
  • Boosting this, still have rubber banding on Xbox one. I have my router connected with ethernet to my console but still lag in every game type even in small matches

Me too, the occasional match is perfect but most of the time rubber banding, aim drifting, stuttering, shots not registering, this is on xbox one and ps4 aussie servers. Im on ethernet, console on dmz, 500mbps up/down 28ms ping to nearest server. Friends report the same thing. Need more server maintenance...
  • I enjoy the lag. Feel like I'm in the matrix
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I enjoy the lag. Feel like I'm in the matrix

Lmao, you basically summed up where this game is at now, one has to laugh at its quirks.
  • Still, lag and stuttering EA FIX THE DAMN GAME!
  • You know... if there was a large-scale offline mode, we wouldn’t have to worry about lag.
  • Hesha
    510 posts Member
    I thought I was the only one who had this problem.
  • Xbox is horrible. You don’t see the reports because y’all dont do anything on here 😂
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    @Makir1000

Are these enough reports?
  • Kamykatz
    248 posts Member
    PC, 18 ms. Lag is present across all modes, usually worse around weekends and patch drops.
  • This needs addressing !! Xbox one lag since day one
  • I am experiencing terrible lag and stuttering when playing BF2. I play games like Overwatch, R6, Rocket League, Titanfall 2, and Warframe, all of them run perfectly fine. Games such as Fortnite, and BF2 (Games that aren't optimized, will stutter, lag, and even crash. Please, fix this issue.
    @Makir1000

For the record Tom, there is semi regular stuttering on consoles too. I can speak for the PS4 version at least.

I mostly stutter in vehicles, especially AAT tanks. It happens on busy maps and quiet alike, despite the internet connection being strong.

I've experienced it in AT-TE, TIE fighters and even when playing as jet troopers.

I'd say it needs looking into.
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    @Makir1000

Ok so i replied twice to this and quoted you before, but as usual nothing seems to be officially being done on this however to back up our statements and point out yours is factually incorrect, as the forums have:

over 100 pages on Stuttering
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/search?Search=stuttering

Over 100 pages on Lag
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/search?Search=lag

Over 100 pages on Rubberbanding
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/search?Page=p100&Search=rubberbanding

Over 500 discussions on https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums

if I remember rightly the developers said ages ago it would be addressed but has not been here on One youtube post

I haven’t counted reddit at all or the pages on Google search, as I stuck to your EA forums, that you lot supposedly monitor.
    So how many pages does it take before there is an acknowledgement that it has been reported widely and fix on this is delivered? After all it is the most game breaking bug on BF2.
  • Same here.
  • I have lag spikes too.

It seems be triggered by:

-Transitioning to a new phase

-Spawning in as a vehicle or starfighter

-Taking damage as a starfighter

It started happening a patch or two ago.
  • I honestly think my regular PS4 just can't process the game properly.
    I don't have this issue with other games
  • Kyleakinite
    1 posts Member
    edited November 21
    I'm kinda late to the party. I was bored so decided I'd buy the game online last night for my PS4 at a lower price. It started out fine but when i got to around the Endor level where you have to capture Platform 4 in the single player campaign, it slowed down so much it's unplayable. I thought it was a feature at first but no. I just took off in the tie fighter and gave up.

It assume they don't do refunds for online games? This is such a waste of money. If it's not working properly and Dice are aware, then surely they should pull it from sale?
    @Makir1000

Then please play your own game more then a few rounds...
    You guys not even noticed the loading screen bug on PC yet since 3 months...

There is also terrain graphic bugs on Hoth and Crait.

(I reinstalled the game 4 times and updated every single driver)
    (Every other game works more then perfect on my PC on max settings)
  • AW_Cramer
    284 posts Member
    edited November 21
    On my PS4 I've noticed some stuttering on the characters in the select screen... anyone else seen this?