criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Great! But I'm getting bored of Geonosis

Prev1
Please open up the other maps again, you have so many and have a specific mode for Geonosis only so the GA should be same as always now. Otherwise I'm gonna have to stop out of boredom

Replies

• Yeah, I can't spend the whole day playing on the same map over and over again.
  • Yeah, I can't spend the whole day playing on the same map over and over again.

Then don’t, my dude. Like I said, it’s that way so that people who are at work or busy most of the day have a 100% chance of playing the new map
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Izotich
    18 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't spend the whole day playing on the same map over and over again.

Then don’t, my dude. Like I said, it’s that way so that people who are at work or busy most of the day have a 100% chance of playing the new map

They have a special mode for that, from title screen.

I totally agree with thread. I dont want to play only geonosis next 5 days.

And dont want to play different game modes.

Open up the other maps again!!!!!!
  • I thought there were 2 different playlists for GA? Geonosis and then a regular rotation with the rest of the maps and Geonosis?

But there is not. I play only geonosis for last 5 hours. No other map in regular GA search.

• I played one game so far this morning (ps4 update took to long) before work. I'll dig into it more tonight. I want to check out Geonosis for sure. its only 2 day playlist I believe.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I played one game so far this morning (ps4 update took to long) before work. I'll dig into it more tonight. I want to check out Geonosis for sure. its only 2 day playlist I believe.

2 days, then pt only
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Izotich
    18 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's been what a few hours? Get a life people and play something else.

For what? i just bought the game few days later. and i want play in it, not something else.

I want to explore the game and want to play on all the maps, not stuck on 1 for 5 days.

If i want to play on 1 map i can buy some battle roual games.

I agree, that map is great. But not giving any choise for people who want to play on others maps is rude.
  • What is the point of this post? You’re bored of a map. deal with it. sheesh
  • Izotich wrote: »

For what? i just bought the game few days later. and i want play in it, not something else.

I want to explore the game and want to play on all the maps, not stuck on 1 for 5 days.

I agree, that map is great. But not giving any choise for people who want to play on others maps is rude.

And I've played the game for a yea. Why does your opinion matter any more than mine and vice versa?
  • it's fine. I just thought was confirmed already that Geo would be seperate playlist not the only one? isnt it just a tile on home screen and if you load normally through GA it is the standard rotation with Geo added?
  • I'm disappointed that it isn't an option. On a different thread someone posted a screenshot of a Dev saying that the regular GA map rotation would still be available through the search, while the Geo only would be the tile on the home menu.

Too bad they feel the need to restrict content. I get wanting to showcase the map, but these era only playlist things have got to go. Or at least be a separate playlist.
  • Izotich wrote: »

And I've played the game for a yea. Why does your opinion matter any more than mine and vice versa?

You have your opinion, i have mine.

I dont ask for people play different maps if they dont want, and want to play on geonosis.

I only ask for choice. Only choice now, if you want to play GA. play on geonosis or leave the game.

Is that really so hard to make two different queues, as developers planed at the start?

I just dont understand why do such a thing.
  • When Crait was released we were able to play the normal map rotation while Crait was inserted in every other map. I thought that worked well. We got to play the new map a lot, but still had variety.
  • PT only playlist? Take maps out of the rotation, makes sense. If they want “immersion” with Obi, Grievous and the PT maps then may as well get rid of cross era heroes for the duration of the playlist.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • AceDeMoN wrote: »
    Please open up the other maps again, you have so many and have a
  • They are only doing for 2 days
  • I'm bored of it and I haven't even played it yet. Would rather go on reddit if I wanna see some prequel memes.

This attack of the clowns crap could've been Sullust, Scarif, Bespin, Vardos or any number of better things.

Man and BFV is half price already. They're really trying to get me & other OG SW fans to leave this game, it seems.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    PT only playlist? Take maps out of the rotation, makes sense. If they want “immersion” with Obi, Grievous and the PT maps then may as well get rid of cross era heroes for the duration of the playlist.

Seeing Rey, Finn, crylo and phasma all out on Geonosis at once really killed any pt feel I had.

h846398gb27k.png

• Probably mess with their matchmaker too much if they had to split everyone playing GA, easier on that to just have one playlist
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    Probably mess with their matchmaker too much if they had to split everyone playing GA, easier on that to just have one playlist

We were promised a geo only playlist and the regular playlist.

More importantly, is HVV pt maps only again?

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    PT only playlist? Take maps out of the rotation, makes sense. If they want “immersion” with Obi, Grievous and the PT maps then may as well get rid of cross era heroes for the duration of the playlist.

Seeing Rey, Finn, crylo and phasma all out on Geonosis at once really killed any pt feel I had.

If it weren't for being able to wreck clowns with The Senate, Lord Vader or Commander Versio, I wouldn't even play that garbo.

That said it's not really "immersive" as far as the Battle of Geonosis even aside from cross era.
    1) Clowns got racing stripes and camo all over them

2) Kenobi lacking his mullet

3) Don't remember seeing Chewie or Bossk anywhere during the battle but they're 4500 bp all the same

4) grievance was just some lizard guy and didn't really exist as the general yet (Dougku made his shuttle crash and gave him the robot costume later IIRC)

5) Maul was still dead/ hadn't put his two pieces back together or whatever they did to revive him. 4500 BP anyway

and of course the old problems of droids/clown troopers running around with First Order blasters
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• I was a tad bored of NOT playing Geonosis. I took a few days off.
  • bfloo
    16068 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

If it weren't for being able to wreck clowns with The Senate, Lord Vader or Commander Versio, I wouldn't even play that garbo.

That said it's not really "immersive" as far as the Battle of Geonosis even aside from cross era.
    1) Clowns got racing stripes and camo all over them

2) Kenobi lacking his mullet

3) Don't remember seeing Chewie or Bossk anywhere during the battle but they're 4500 bp all the same

4) grievance was just some lizard guy and didn't really exist as the general yet (Dougku made his shuttle crash and gave him the robot costume later IIRC)

5) Maul was still dead/ hadn't put his two pieces back together or whatever they did to revive him. 4500 BP anyway

and of course the old problems of droids/clown troopers running around with First Order blasters

1) I forced myself to ignore the rainbow party, I only really noticed it when I first loaded in.

2) Didn't see him anywhere.

3) Didn't see them either.

4) Heard him go running by once.

5) Didn't see him.

Most of my deaths were to the NT, I don't even know what era it belongs to. Heroes bother me more than blasters, but I look at out of era blasters as just being lazy, in every shooter now. I miss when factions mattered :'(:'(

h846398gb27k.png

• Restrictive gameplay is the future 👍🏻

I hope that ALL modes are kill based going forward and in no way promote objective gameplay and that each week we are restricted to a 3 map rotation 😆

...oh and lots more exploits, if there's one thing I love, it's facing a team full of exploiting players 👌🏻
  • I'm bored of it and I haven't even played it yet. Would rather go on reddit if I wanna see some prequel memes.

This attack of the clowns crap could've been Sullust, Scarif, Bespin, Vardos or any number of better things.

Man and BFV is half price already. They're really trying to get me & other OG SW fans to leave this game, it seems.

Lol, you won't. Get over yourself
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    When Crait was released we were able to play the normal map rotation while Crait was inserted in every other map. I thought that worked well. We got to play the new map a lot, but still had variety.

The new server shuffle matchmaking likely ended that as an option.
  • AceDeMoN wrote: »
    Please open up the other maps again, you have so many and have a specific mode for Geonosis only so the GA should be same as always now. Otherwise I'm gonna have to stop out of boredom
    Have to agree

Played for a bit, quite enjoyable but started to get far too repetitive

• Bad_Tooth wrote: »
    When Crait was released we were able to play the normal map rotation while Crait was inserted in every other map. I thought that worked well. We got to play the new map a lot, but still had variety.

The new server shuffle matchmaking likely ended that as an option.

Sad, but most likely true.
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Speeder Spam plagues that map. I only Had luck actually damaging one with Vaders Saber throw, and it was just a hit marker. All it takes is one troll to spam them and you'll have a tough time leveling Obi-wan, or being effective with any saber Hero. After I died to that bull I tried it out myself and instantly killed palpatine with the middle ability without even trying, yeah too good for 150 BPs.

Its time to make it like the last game, Sabers one-shot these scum. 150 bps shouldn't be enough to nullify a Hero.

On a bright note however I noticed the collision hitbox was nerfed and it doesn't totally one-tap Heroes like before, some even brushed by me with no damage at times. It's a great first step but not where we need to be.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Yup, 6 games in and I'm done 😔

Back to extraction and it's 2 maps 😑
  • done worry my lord vader. when I get home I'll be on geonosis with ion trying to take out those speeder. stay behind while I clear a path.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    it's fine. I just thought was confirmed already that Geo would be seperate playlist not the only one? isnt it just a tile on home screen and if you load normally through GA it is the standard rotation with Geo added?

Nope, it’s Geonosis all the way for 2 days. No other GA map in rotation. I’ve tried. I gave up.
  • I only played one game this morning before work. I'll take a look tonight when I get back.
  • Got 5 solid matches in earlier... not bored with it at all. Another 5 later and I might be.

I thought the purpose of the home screen tile was to drop you into the current feature/playlist/gimmick, while picking it normal from the mode screen set you in normal rotation.

This needs to be possible. There’s plenty of people that might not get to play until the weekend comes, those that play all week will be tired of it. Both groups can be catered to.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Don't they have the regular GA map rotation still going? And Geo is on the front page. If so then why are people complaining, just play the reg map rotation.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • If you choose the home screen tile you get Geonosis.

However if you choose Play, Multiplayer, Assault and then GA you will get........ Geonosis!
  • You shouldnt be able to run anyone over full stop its cheeeeap bp farming.
  • Don't they have the regular GA map rotation still going? And Geo is on the front page. If so then why are people complaining, just play the reg map rotation.

No they dont, thats the problem.
  • Speeder Spam plagues that map. I only Had luck actually damaging one with Vaders Saber throw, and it was just a hit marker. All it takes is one troll to spam them and you'll have a tough time leveling Obi-wan, or being effective with any saber Hero. After I died to that bull I tried it out myself and instantly killed palpatine with the middle ability without even trying, yeah too good for 150 BPs.

Its time to make it like the last game, Sabers one-shot these scum. 150 bps shouldn't be enough to nullify a Hero.

On a bright note however I noticed the collision hitbox was nerfed and it doesn't totally one-tap Heroes like before, some even brushed by me with no damage at times. It's a great first step but not where we need to be.

Heroes shouldn't be god-like and one-shot killers like so many people expect them to be (just sad really), and any vehicle should be able to kill them fairly easily as they're vehicles, something that heroes shouldn't be immune to. If you play well with a hero you'll do good, if you don't then you'll suck - a superior improvement to heroes than the previous game. Heroes shouldn't be able to just effortlessly steamroll with no chance of being beaten. This is Battlefront, not Galaxy of Heroes.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Speeder Spam plagues that map. I only Had luck actually damaging one with Vaders Saber throw, and it was just a hit marker. All it takes is one troll to spam them and you'll have a tough time leveling Obi-wan, or being effective with any saber Hero. After I died to that bull I tried it out myself and instantly killed palpatine with the middle ability without even trying, yeah too good for 150 BPs.

Heroes shouldn't be god-like and one-shot killers like so many people expect them to be (just sad really), and any vehicle should be able to kill them fairly easily as they're vehicles, something that heroes shouldn't be immune to. If you play well with a hero you'll do good, if you don't then you'll suck - a superior improvement to heroes than the previous game. Heroes shouldn't be able to just effortlessly steamroll with no chance of being beaten. This is Battlefront, not Galaxy of Heroes.
    No. Maybe for blaster users, but Jedi and Sith are known for taking down Tanks single Handedly its not beyond reason to expect them to be capable of destroying vehicles, let alone some scrub on an off-lease speeder who just comes back over and over again to suicide rush you. No problem dealing with them as a Blaster user, but Saber Heroes are defenseless, and thats broken, wether you like it or not. Lightsaber Hit box on Vehicles needs to increase, as well as damage dealt.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Heroes weren't "immune" to vehicles in the last game either, AT-STs Destroyed Luke and others like nothing, speeder bikes on Endor dealt serious damage as well. Difference was there was an actual Hitbox on them and Luke could Jump attack the AT-ST or swing at its legs and even destroy it. Vader could swipe at speeder scrubs and end them as well. As of right now sabers virtually deal No damage Whatsoever, Speeders reign supreme on Geonosis and anyone with a Saber has no counter play whatsoever, even Force abilities go right through. Not balanced.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • I'm loving it played at least 10 rounds. Such a huge map! If we ever receive any new maps in the future I hope they are large and open like this one.
  • fun as clones, boring as hell as the droids. they need to fix phase two and three i quit every time that map comes up now