criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Core lightsaber combat mechanics and abilities are continuing to faulter

Landeaux2
3069 posts Member
edited November 2018
In the videos below, I’m looking to showcase that core combat mechanics and abilities are not working in this patch. This isn't uncommon since Patch 1.2 broke the game in February but it’s still prevalent many months later. One thing I’ve been trying to do while playing Obi Wan is to be patient.
ct16passlvjx.gif

I really hope everyone notices that I wasn’t dying because I was mindlessly swinging, putting myself into wreckless danger, or whatnot. Dodge wasn’t protecting me. Block wasn’t protecting me. All Out Push wasn’t displacing Vader (go figure).

This problem isn’t solely Obi Wan’s, as losing the ability to block, having an enemy swing through your block, or being locked up and unable to dodge has been prevalent for months. It just seems like it’s starting to get worse again.

Please look into this and do something about it. Thanks.

Replies

• Oh thank God, I thought I was the only one having problems with people tearing right through my block. Happened an absurd amount of times today.
  • Something is horribly wrong with swing stun and evasion right now.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Something is horribly wrong with swing stun and evasion right now.

Right I get hit and I already dashed past them
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    Good to know i'm not going crazy. Something IS wrong, but i believe it's related to the overall performance of the game.

And Ben implied they might be working on actual changes to the combat system now, so... let's see where this goes.
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    In the videos below, I’m looking to showcase that core combat mechanics and abilities are not working in this patch. This isn't uncommon since Patch 1.2 broke the game in February but it’s still prevalent many months later. One thing I’ve been trying to do while playing Obi Wan is to be patient.
    ct16passlvjx.gif

I really hope everyone notices that I wasn’t dying because I was mindlessly swinging, putting myself into wreckless danger, or whatnot. Dodge wasn’t protecting me. Block wasn’t protecting me. All Out Push wasn’t displacing Vader (go figure).

This problem isn’t solely Obi Wan’s, as losing the ability to block, having an enemy swing through your block, or being locked up and unable to dodge has been prevalent for months. It just seems like it’s starting to get worse again.

They don't care bro, I've just learned to accept it. I had a game 30 minutes ago & vader just went through my block as obi wan & I was still losing stamina. I couldn't get mad though I've just accepted that battlefront will never ever & I mean ever truly be fixed

How. The. Heck. Do. These. Bugs. Get. Through. Testing. When. They. Have. Been. Working. On. These. Heroes. Since. Launch!!!!!
    ct16passlvjx.gif

They don't care bro, I've just learned to accept it. I had a game 30 minutes ago & vader just went through my block as obi wan & I was still losing stamina. I couldn't get mad though I've just accepted that battlefront will never ever & I mean ever truly be fixed

How. The. Heck. Do. These. Bugs. Get. Through. Testing. When. They. Have. Been. Working. On. These. Heroes. Since. Launch!!!!!

They don't test them simple
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Didn't realize this game had any core lightsaber mechanics... thought the mechanics were basically "slashNrun"

Well back in 1.1, dodge worked for saber users and spamming was disincentivized. Now you’re rewarded for spamming. Oh, and Force abilities worked.

Ya, this game once had 2 moves for saber users... unfortunately those 2 moves were too complex for the herd so they demanded nerfs and now we are left with 1 move... and somehow the herd still gets wrecked because at the end of the day, they are just terrible and no amount of nerfs can narrow that skill gap.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »
    Didn't realize this game had any core lightsaber mechanics... thought the mechanics were basically "slashNrun"

Well back in 1.1, dodge worked for saber users and spamming was disincentivized. Now you’re rewarded for spamming. Oh, and Force abilities worked.

Ya, this game once had 2 moves for saber users... unfortunately those 2 moves were too complex for the herd so they demanded nerfs and now we are left with 1 move... and somehow the herd still gets wrecked because at the end of the day, they are just terrible and no amount of nerfs can narrow that skill gap.

What move?
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »

What move?

"attack' lol
  • All the more reason to go back to the 1.1 dodge system, its the only time I could be bothered to play HvV regularly. Maintain the current nerfed roll frames for troopers, so they and enforcers can be stun locked, just not Heroes. Also, those vids seem like lag is involved.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • KrolJulian1916
    1143 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Atreus213 wrote: »
    Something is horribly wrong with swing stun and evasion right now.

It's like this for some time now. It's not an issue that started now.

Did the abilities really work flawlessly at some point in this game? I remember the time when spamming attack as a saber hero was fruitless and it was great.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I've also noticed block being unreliable for some time. While leveling Grievous this wasn't that big of a problem since he hits hard enough to make up for it a lot of the time. My 3 times playing as Obi yesterday however felt seriously challenging. It's a real game changer when half of the attacks directed at you go right through block and I still don't get why block has such a long start animation. Doesn't feel very intuitive when you basically have to press block BEFORE your enemy presses their attack or ability in order to have a 50/50 shot of blocking it. IMO block should be active near instantaneously on button press.
  • UhOhItsJus
    215 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you I say this everyday. Lightsaber combat is horrible. Some scrub can continuously mash the swing 4 times per second and will kill you as you dodge and block. It’s horrible. Stun lock is insanely **** especially considering the broken blocking. “Hey your block failed and I get free damage on you, let’s go ahead and lock you right here so I can kill you as you try to get the game to work correctly and dodge away.”
  • IG88VSBossk
    935 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    after my extended play time with all these patches the abilities, blocks and light saber mechanics don't work as intended. This is strictly about the light saber heros and villians.
  • Landeaux2
    3069 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    “Obi Wan is a master of defensive combat.”

• saber combat in this game feels more like fighting your siblings with a pool noodle

p0w1amanqtqs.png

This

This for sure...

Sometimes his block works really good with his high stamina other times it's exactly like what you showed, especially against palps it seams.

They need an overhaul of saber mechanics. Never was a fan of the back stagger when you strike a block. If it insists that it must remain in some way then every hero needs something to reliably break the block and/or drain all stamina in one hit like a heavy attack, and put more prevalence on dodging. This could speed up the flow of the game.
  • Really hoping the lightsaber rework will fix these problems
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

I’m not allowed to post what I said when I had enough and decided to spam with the Maul.