criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

The Geonosis-only playlist

I don't know why they always do this.

Geonosis comes out, and they convert all of GA to Geonosis-only. People understandably complain, wanting to still be able to play other maps. Personally, I loved it, since it turns out that Geonosis is the only GA map I kind of like. I jump in, I play my first night's of GA in three or four months, I get to be part of the new-content excitement... And then it's gone.

Back to all the normal lame, Hero-infested GA maps, with Geonosis just an occasional flash in the pan. And I get it, people who enjoy the other GA maps didn't want to be closed out from them.

But why all or nothing? Why couldn't they have had the regular GA, and then also had a home-menu tile for just Geonosis?

Replies

• They originally said 5 days of Geonosis only separate playlist which sounded great. Let people get their fill of the new map but not alienate others who might get bored of it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • The thing I don't get about people's complaints is that they've literally had months of GA with all maps being available, so why is this one weekend out of all that such an imposition? The whole point of a CW-only playlist is to increase the chance of people playing on the new map. If they didn't do something to let people be able to play it regularly there would be compaint threads popping up about the fact that they rarely get to play it in the normal rotation.
    DICE just can't win with some people.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Why not just a 24/7 geonoisis map for a period of time, no pre determined limits on it. Then have the regular GA rotation there as well for other people?

The reason they don't do this, is because this game is not capable of two separate playlist. Devs have not said that but it has to be the problem. Why is this game only capable of supporting one "playlist" at a time ( for GA )? The Devs for this game just lack common sense.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • Why not just a 24/7 geonoisis map for a period of time, no pre determined limits on it. Then have the regular GA rotation there as well for other people?

The reason they don't do this, is because this game is not capable of two separate playlist. Devs have not said that but it has to be the problem. Why is this game only capable of supporting one "playlist" at a time ( for GA )? The Devs for this game just lack common sense.

It's not that they can't do it, it's that they said they won't. They said they wouldn't split the player base in this game which was a problem in the previous game, ergo no separate GA playlists.
    But, again, it's one weekend out of literally dozens where map rotation has been limited to focus on a particular era. People seriously need to get over it because it's only temporary.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • The thing I don't get about people's complaints is that they've literally had months of GA with all maps being available, so why is this one weekend out of all that such an imposition? The whole point of a CW-only playlist is to increase the chance of people playing on the new map. If they didn't do something to let people be able to play it regularly there would be compaint threads popping up about the fact that they rarely get to play it in the normal rotation.

They could have had a separate tab for Geonosis only like they originally said was going to happen and I don’t think anyone would have blinked an eye.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about people's complaints is that they've literally had months of GA with all maps being available, so why is this one weekend out of all that such an imposition? The whole point of a CW-only playlist is to increase the chance of people playing on the new map. If they didn't do something to let people be able to play it regularly there would be compaint threads popping up about the fact that they rarely get to play it in the normal rotation.

They could have had a separate tab for Geonosis only like they originally said was going to happen and I don’t think anyone would have blinked an eye.

True, but again, split player base. Likely that a majority of players would choose Geonosis because it's new leaving the regular GA potentially empty or with few players. DICE didn't want to risk that so they made the CW-only playlist. It was the lesser of 2 evils because at least all players stay together this way.
    My Concepts
  • rollind24
    5955 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about people's complaints is that they've literally had months of GA with all maps being available, so why is this one weekend out of all that such an imposition? The whole point of a CW-only playlist is to increase the chance of people playing on the new map. If they didn't do something to let people be able to play it regularly there would be compaint threads popping up about the fact that they rarely get to play it in the normal rotation.

True, but again, split player base. Likely that a majority of players would choose Geonosis because it's new leaving the regular GA potentially empty or with few players. DICE didn't want to risk that so they made the CW-only playlist. It was the lesser of 2 evils because at least all players stay together this way.

It’s just a couple days so splitting the playerbase should be ok, we have had all the rest of the time playing to have players not split. It wouldn’t be any worse than the players being bored playing the reduced content event and not playing. Either way, they should be competent enough to allocate lobbies/servers correctly to pair with the amount of players in a playlist.
    #infantrylivesmatter

It’s just a couple days so splitting the playerbase should be ok, we have had all the rest of the time playing to have players not split. It wouldn’t be any worse than the players being bored playing the reduced content event and not playing. Either way, they should be competent enough to allocate lobbies/servers correctly to pair with the amount of players in a playlist.

But I guarantee that splitting the player base would have some people immediately balk at the idea and complain about it before it even happens, and then when it's in the game, some people will feel like they aren't getting games in the normal playlist and blame the new map mode for taking away players.
    Whatever DICE do it's lose-lose because people will always find something to complain about, no matter how small and insignificant.
    My Concepts

But I guarantee that splitting the player base would have some people immediately balk at the idea and complain about it before it even happens, and then when it's in the game, some people will feel like they aren't getting games in the normal playlist and blame the new map mode for taking away players.
    Whatever DICE do it's lose-lose because people will always find something to complain about, no matter how small and insignificant.

Agree. If they’d develop a matchmaking system that filled the playlists everything would be great. I find it hard to believe the game couldn’t fill a couple matches of GA. If there aren’t enough players for that then, Houston we have a problem.
    #infantrylivesmatter