criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Poll: Are You In Favor of Cross Era Heroes in GA?

13Next

Replies

  • You people are pretty passionate. Kudos. It's too bad the devs dont seem to care about pleasing the fans/players on so many levels. There is no reason that playlists addressing these requests cant be implemented other than developer stubbornness. I'm sure changes to their precious EORMM would be required and that's probably not going to happen.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Disagree. The less heroes there are on the battlefield, the more relative power they each have. It is much easier as a hero to solo dominate a match when there is less opposition heroes on the battlefield; however, since I generally get the first hero, I am all for a reduction to 2 or even 1 heroes per side... it will vastly improve my ability to smash entire teams and win games solo rather than potentially having to fight 4 enemy heroes I can just mow down 18 infantry, let's do it!
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Disagree. The less heroes there are on the battlefield, the more relative power they each have. It is much easier as a hero to solo dominate a match when there is less opposition heroes on the battlefield; however, since I generally get the first hero, I am all for a reduction to 2 or even 1 heroes per side... it will vastly improve my ability to smash entire teams and win games solo rather than potentially having to fight 4 enemy heroes I can just mow down 18 infantry, let's do it!

    Counter point: Yet wouldn't it now be easier for regular troops to focus on you instead of 3 others at the same time?
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Disagree. The less heroes there are on the battlefield, the more relative power they each have. It is much easier as a hero to solo dominate a match when there is less opposition heroes on the battlefield; however, since I generally get the first hero, I am all for a reduction to 2 or even 1 heroes per side... it will vastly improve my ability to smash entire teams and win games solo rather than potentially having to fight 4 enemy heroes I can just mow down 18 infantry, let's do it!

    Counter point: Yet wouldn't it now be easier for regular troops to focus on you instead of 3 others at the same time?

    Counter point: What are troopers really going to do to Palps? They can't even reliably chase him down, or take him down easily, and he can run and simply chain lightning his health back. What are troopers going to do against Bossk, Yoda, Rey, or Luke? Good hero players will just dominate with way less opposition.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • You people are pretty passionate. Kudos. It's too bad the devs dont seem to care about pleasing the fans/players on so many levels. There is no reason that playlists addressing these requests cant be implemented other than developer stubbornness. I'm sure changes to their precious EORMM would be required and that's probably not going to happen.

    If they can't do a Clone Wars, and Regular Ga playlist, I have 0 faith that they would be able to program no cross era. Can you imagine the bugs this would cause!?
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Disagree. The less heroes there are on the battlefield, the more relative power they each have. It is much easier as a hero to solo dominate a match when there is less opposition heroes on the battlefield; however, since I generally get the first hero, I am all for a reduction to 2 or even 1 heroes per side... it will vastly improve my ability to smash entire teams and win games solo rather than potentially having to fight 4 enemy heroes I can just mow down 18 infantry, let's do it!

    Counter point: Yet wouldn't it now be easier for regular troops to focus on you instead of 3 others at the same time?

    That will work against poor hero players. Good hero players will always be able to dictate their engagements due to their superior mobility and thus can stomp an entire team of troopers if played correctly. I will just say, I will play Palpatine on my team as the only hero... you can pick any single hero for the other team +19 troopers... I like my chances lol.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Disagree. The less heroes there are on the battlefield, the more relative power they each have. It is much easier as a hero to solo dominate a match when there is less opposition heroes on the battlefield; however, since I generally get the first hero, I am all for a reduction to 2 or even 1 heroes per side... it will vastly improve my ability to smash entire teams and win games solo rather than potentially having to fight 4 enemy heroes I can just mow down 18 infantry, let's do it!

    Counter point: Yet wouldn't it now be easier for regular troops to focus on you instead of 3 others at the same time?

    Counter point: What are troopers really going to do to Palps? They can't even reliably chase him down, or take him down easily, and he can run and simply chain lightning his health back. What are troopers going to do against Bossk, Yoda, Rey, or Luke? Good hero players will just dominate with way less opposition.

    Shoot at them, seriously, there has been many a time that heroes have died by just troops. But in that same regard, any good trooper will just dominate with way less opposition, regardless of if there are heroes or not.
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Disagree. The less heroes there are on the battlefield, the more relative power they each have. It is much easier as a hero to solo dominate a match when there is less opposition heroes on the battlefield; however, since I generally get the first hero, I am all for a reduction to 2 or even 1 heroes per side... it will vastly improve my ability to smash entire teams and win games solo rather than potentially having to fight 4 enemy heroes I can just mow down 18 infantry, let's do it!

    Counter point: Yet wouldn't it now be easier for regular troops to focus on you instead of 3 others at the same time?

    Counter point: What are troopers really going to do to Palps? They can't even reliably chase him down, or take him down easily, and he can run and simply chain lightning his health back. What are troopers going to do against Bossk, Yoda, Rey, or Luke? Good hero players will just dominate with way less opposition.

    Shoot at them, seriously, there has been many a time that heroes have died by just troops. But in that same regard, any good trooper will just dominate with way less opposition, regardless of if there are heroes or not.

    Shooting at them doesn't help when they force engagements in their favor, as good hero players do constantly. Shooting at people who can regain health quite easily doesn't help either. And a good trooper can dominate other troopers, and maybe even enforcers, but a good hero will still dominate the lobbies. Palpatine and Bossk mains are prime examples of this. It will be rare for me to die as Bossk to Infantry, and same goes for Palps. It would just make good hero players even harder to take down.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Grasping.

    1. Your counter argument is that EA false advertised? How does that change where we are today?
    2. So you think it would be reasonable to spend $20 for Leia's Boushh outfit, but only be able to play it on Tatooine, across all eras, assuming you can even get Leia on that random day, in that random match? And you actually think that's going to be implemented because it will immerse some players? You really, truly, honestly think EA or DICE is going to do that? Argument fail.
    3. Agreed. But EORMM is barely working as is. Although there may be playlists in the future, I have a feeling we're a long way off.
    4. Lol. Disney owns Star Wars. Blasting the movies won't help your cause. Here's a potential response that Disney/EA/DICE could give you: "Not our fault you can't enjoy the game for what it is. Not our fault it's not immersive enough for you. But we like seeing our Kylo throughout the PT maps, so deal with it, ya heard?" Invalid counter argument.
    5. There is no equal footing if you're relying on Kylo/Phasma overtaking Takodana or Jakku. You're trippin'.
    6. It's not even about playing as that hero. Point is, if I want to play as Han on Hoth and show off the Young Han skin I just paid $20 for but someone chooses him first, I know I'll have the same chance when I play as the Resistance on Starkiller the next round. Your solution doesn't allow the young Han to be chosen on any map in Galactic Assault. I'm just trying to understand how you could possibly think this is a reasonable solution given the state of the game? I understand you want it. I do! But it can't happen.
    7. I like your solution. Thumbs up.

    Still a lot of bullet holes in this Era-Lock pirate ship you guys keep sailing around the forums. Eventually, that ship will sink or maybe ya'll will realize it's time to abandon ship.
  • Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


  • Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


    Exactly.

    Here is a very crude example...

    Lets assign a fake value called "Threat Factor" to heroes and troopers based on how dangerous they are to the opposition on the battlefield.

    Lets say troopers get a "TF" value of 2 and heroes get a TF value of 10 for how much danger they pose to the opposition.

    Ok, we have a team with 4 heroes and 16 troopers (ignoring enforcers/vehicles for simplicity), so the total threat factor for the opposition assuming that breakdown would be (4*10) + (16*2) for a total threat factor value of 72 for the team, or 3.6 per character. So on average in the 4/16 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 3.6 per individual you engage.

    Now, lets say we have a team with 1 hero and 19 troopers. So, the total threat factor would then be (1x10)+(19*2) for a total threat factor value of 48 for the team, or 2.4 per character. So on average in the 1/19 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 2.4 per individual you engage.

    As you can see, as the ratio of hero characters declines, the average threat per engagement for the opposition also declines, meaning that the outlier more powerful units will have an even easier time dominating the opposition as they will be incurring less risk in doing so.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


    Exactly.

    Here is a very crude example...

    Lets assign a fake value called "Threat Factor" to heroes and troopers based on how dangerous they are to the opposition on the battlefield.

    Lets say troopers get a "TF" value of 2 and heroes get a TF value of 10 for how much danger they pose to the opposition.

    Ok, we have a team with 4 heroes and 16 troopers (ignoring enforcers/vehicles for simplicity), so the total threat factor for the opposition assuming that breakdown would be (4*10) + (16*2) for a total threat factor value of 72 for the team, or 3.6 per character. So on average in the 4/16 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 3.6 per individual you engage.

    Now, lets say we have a team with 1 hero and 19 troopers. So, the total threat factor would then be (1x10)+(19*2) for a total threat factor value of 48 for the team, or 2.4 per character. So on average in the 1/19 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 2.4 per individual you engage.

    As you can see, as the ratio of hero characters declines, the average threat per engagement for the opposition also declines, meaning that the outlier more powerful units will have an even easier time dominating the opposition as they will be incurring less risk in doing so.

    Correct.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


    I'm not sure by how much, but heroes were stronger in BF2015
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


    Exactly.

    Here is a very crude example...

    Lets assign a fake value called "Threat Factor" to heroes and troopers based on how dangerous they are to the opposition on the battlefield.

    Lets say troopers get a "TF" value of 2 and heroes get a TF value of 10 for how much danger they pose to the opposition.

    Ok, we have a team with 4 heroes and 16 troopers (ignoring enforcers/vehicles for simplicity), so the total threat factor for the opposition assuming that breakdown would be (4*10) + (16*2) for a total threat factor value of 72 for the team, or 3.6 per character. So on average in the 4/16 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 3.6 per individual you engage.

    Now, lets say we have a team with 1 hero and 19 troopers. So, the total threat factor would then be (1x10)+(19*2) for a total threat factor value of 48 for the team, or 2.4 per character. So on average in the 1/19 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 2.4 per individual you engage.

    As you can see, as the ratio of hero characters declines, the average threat per engagement for the opposition also declines, meaning that the outlier more powerful units will have an even easier time dominating the opposition as they will be incurring less risk in doing so.

    Correct.

    And it's also why in almost all large killstreaks the player gets the majority of his/her kills in a phase with a two hero limit.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • it looks like No is leading by 1%. lol
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


    Exactly.

    Here is a very crude example...

    Lets assign a fake value called "Threat Factor" to heroes and troopers based on how dangerous they are to the opposition on the battlefield.

    Lets say troopers get a "TF" value of 2 and heroes get a TF value of 10 for how much danger they pose to the opposition.

    Ok, we have a team with 4 heroes and 16 troopers (ignoring enforcers/vehicles for simplicity), so the total threat factor for the opposition assuming that breakdown would be (4*10) + (16*2) for a total threat factor value of 72 for the team, or 3.6 per character. So on average in the 4/16 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 3.6 per individual you engage.

    Now, lets say we have a team with 1 hero and 19 troopers. So, the total threat factor would then be (1x10)+(19*2) for a total threat factor value of 48 for the team, or 2.4 per character. So on average in the 1/19 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 2.4 per individual you engage.

    As you can see, as the ratio of hero characters declines, the average threat per engagement for the opposition also declines, meaning that the outlier more powerful units will have an even easier time dominating the opposition as they will be incurring less risk in doing so.

    Correct.

    And it's also why in almost all large killstreaks the player gets the majority of his/her kills in a phase with a two hero limit.

    Yup, way less probability that you will face someone your "own size" so to speak.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    You lot keep asking for CW content before map playlists/selection, ergo you wanna force me to play more of your era.

    Which is fine by me so long as I can play Imperial/Rebel characters to make the era more interesting.

    Don't overmuch mind grievance/maul scrubs showing up on Hoth, anyway. I wreck them, then throw the cry emote.

    Geez, you’re salty.

    You know what's salty? Crait. But let's once again talk about the facts surrounding this game.

    1. Doesn't matter how it was advertised. Doesn't matter whether you saw era accurate heroes in the trailer. Doesn't matter whether you were promised changes in the future once enough heroes were added. Everything changed when the loot crate scandal occurred. The revenue expected from the loot crates was erased. The new revenue direction was skins for crystals. This essentially locked this game down for a sandbox experience.
    2. Hero skins are available for purchase, and they aren't cheap. Picture this. Let's just imagine that there are Star Wars fans out there that are just as passionate as you are about Star Wars but in a different way. Maybe they are all about Han Solo instead of Immersion. So they see the game's on sale for $5 on black Friday and buy the game. To unlock all the Han skins immediately (you know, cause this is how they immerse themselves) they are spending at least $50 in real money. They could grind credits, sure. But the first 70,000 is likely going to be saved for unlocking Grievous and Obi Wan. So this player has spent 10x what he paid for the game for a handful of skins and he can only play that desired hero less than 30% of the time because he needs to find the correct era. Not going to happen.
    3. You can't choose your faction and/or map...EORMM. The easy solution is to make maps selectable or create era playlists. But do you see how many resources are being spent on the current EORMM? Ask yourself, seriously, how likely is it to expect such glorious things anytime in the near future?
    4. Not enough ST heroes. You would essentially have to rework Galactic Assault to only have a max of 2 heroes per side. Even if you did that, maps like Takodana would be a LS landslide. Can you imagine Kylo/Phasma as your options vs Rey/Finn/Chewie/Han/Leia options? Oh, you want to grasp at straws and say Bossk is likely alive somewhere? Listen to yourselves. You claim immersion is so important but put blatant non-immersive content into the game because the truth is.... you just want Prequel Trilogy content to be immersive. And maybe a handful of people that care about the Original Trilogy too. But you have no problem disregarding the Sequel Trilogy. Blah. Stop grasping.
    5. Hero abilities aren't designed to be balanced against one another specifically by era. Look back at the previous point. How exactly is a Kylo/Phasma duo supposed to secure Jakku or Takodana? Umm. They can't....
    6. Skins selection. If immersion is so important. How is watching Hoth Luke on Jakku immersive? How is watching a young Han and Lando on Deathstar II immersive? It's honestly no different than watching Yoda on Deathstar II. Or even Grievous. It's all a sandbox at the end of the day. And you would be even crazier as a company (EA) to offer skins for purchase at a price more than the game itself and say "sorry guys, if you want to use your Leia Endor skin, you must be on Endor. It's for immersion. Kay. Thanks. Bye". But hey, it is EA! You never know....
    7. So. Let's just say you lock all the skins AND heroes to the appropriate era. Well great! But now we have the guns! All the weapons must be era specific too. But what if you only have a basic weapon unlocked and it doesn't match that era? Does that mean you're not allowed to play that era? Sorry guys, but you haven't unlocked the necessary blasters to play on Starkiller Base, so we're shipping you back to Kamino. But I just bought the Kylo skin? Well, that's what our poopy HvV mode is for... Oh, and if you think unlocking all weapons is the solution; what about the players that have worked very hard to unlock those weapons, complete career milestones, and strive to complete the game? Are you just going to take the weapons milestones away?

    So yeah, that salt you smell in the air is real. But it's nothing against any of you personally. It's more of a musty salt smell from having to explain this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    And it's funny because I have nothing wrong with locking heroes to their era. It's just impossible to implement to give the full immersion that you are continuing to strive for.

    TL:DR. EA/DICE doesn't have the ability to make the era changes your looking for...at this point. Maybe you'll get lucky in Battlefront 3.

    1. Very poor excuse, that's technically false advertising
    2. So? You get to wear that skin every time you play as that hero, it's not like you will never be able to
    3. Era playlists are a great solution, and are likely as the Dev team have spoken about implementing it
    4. Not the games fault, the movies messed that one up, but there are still others that could be added (Hux/Poe). Also, limit heroes to 2 per team at a time
    5. Again, limit to 2 per side, the only reasons Heroes are currently good in GA is because there are so many of them, so limiting to 2 per side would put all heroes in equal footing
    6. It's not immersive, I wish it would go too. But let me ask you a question, say that Han is your favourite hero to play in GA, do you leave every game when someone else takes Han? I highly doubt it, which means that you are capable of playing without your favourite hero for a couple matches.
    7. Easy solution, give each weapon an era appropriate skin, just like the originals, the weapon stats stay the same, but the weapon looks like that of a weapon used at the time of the era. There's plenty of weapons from each era that aren't in the game that could provide for a suitable skin for each weapon currently in the game

    Grasping.

    1. Your counter argument is that EA false advertised? How does that change where we are today?
    2. So you think it would be reasonable to spend $20 for Leia's Boushh outfit, but only be able to play it on Tatooine, across all eras, assuming you can even get Leia on that random day, in that random match? And you actually think that's going to be implemented because it will immerse some players? You really, truly, honestly think EA or DICE is going to do that? Argument fail.
    3. Agreed. But EORMM is barely working as is. Although there may be playlists in the future, I have a feeling we're a long way off.
    4. Lol. Disney owns Star Wars. Blasting the movies won't help your cause. Here's a potential response that Disney/EA/DICE could give you: "Not our fault you can't enjoy the game for what it is. Not our fault it's not immersive enough for you. But we like seeing our Kylo throughout the PT maps, so deal with it, ya heard?" Invalid counter argument.
    5. There is no equal footing if you're relying on Kylo/Phasma overtaking Takodana or Jakku. You're trippin'.
    6. It's not even about playing as that hero. Point is, if I want to play as Han on Hoth and show off the Young Han skin I just paid $20 for but someone chooses him first, I know I'll have the same chance when I play as the Resistance on Starkiller the next round. Your solution doesn't allow the young Han to be chosen on any map in Galactic Assault. I'm just trying to understand how you could possibly think this is a reasonable solution given the state of the game? I understand you want it. I do! But it can't happen.
    7. I like your solution. Thumbs up.

    Still a lot of bullet holes in this Era-Lock pirate ship you guys keep sailing around the forums. Eventually, that ship will sink or maybe ya'll will realize it's time to abandon ship.

    1. It's just weird how you are using this poor practice to help your points
    2. If integrated with an Era playlist, I think it is reasonable
    3. We agree there, unfortunate that there is no realistic time-frame for when it could arrive
    4. Finish reading the other half of the sentence
    5. I don't do drugs. But anyway, those maps are very difficult even in it's current state, wouldn't change much in terms of gameplay
    6. If integrated with the Era playlist, then it only depends if you are on the light or dark side. I personally don't think that Solo should have been added to the game, I know that it has and that skin now exists, but the only option I can see is by adding a Mimban GA map. However currently, Young Han could still be used in HvV
    7. We agree there
    442nd And 332nd are the BEST
  • The only reason i would say yes is because kylo and phasma are my least favorite heros to use in ga. I always pick other heros. Kylo needs a buff on damage output. Would be nice when he freezes you its a one hit saber kill no matter who it is in ga.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Slaughtering clones is always entertaining.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    It is pretty obvious that this game's entire post-launch content at this point is being made to appease CW fans
    t3hBar0n wrote: »
    Heroes are proportionately much stronger individually when there's less equal units to challenge them and more weak units for them to farm.

    It's why we don't see killstreaks like we did in BF2015 with only one hero per side. Even PalpaGOD before he got nerfed back to a sane power level couldn't rack em up like this


    Exactly.

    Here is a very crude example...

    Lets assign a fake value called "Threat Factor" to heroes and troopers based on how dangerous they are to the opposition on the battlefield.

    Lets say troopers get a "TF" value of 2 and heroes get a TF value of 10 for how much danger they pose to the opposition.

    Ok, we have a team with 4 heroes and 16 troopers (ignoring enforcers/vehicles for simplicity), so the total threat factor for the opposition assuming that breakdown would be (4*10) + (16*2) for a total threat factor value of 72 for the team, or 3.6 per character. So on average in the 4/16 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 3.6 per individual you engage.

    Now, lets say we have a team with 1 hero and 19 troopers. So, the total threat factor would then be (1x10)+(19*2) for a total threat factor value of 48 for the team, or 2.4 per character. So on average in the 1/19 hero/trooper breakdown, the average threat you will face is 2.4 per individual you engage.

    As you can see, as the ratio of hero characters declines, the average threat per engagement for the opposition also declines, meaning that the outlier more powerful units will have an even easier time dominating the opposition as they will be incurring less risk in doing so.

    Right now it is makes it 2 instead of 4, if they do that no doubt it will lead to a make it 1 instead of 2 arguments.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • So you think it would be reasonable to spend $10 for Leia's [Hoth] outfit, but only be able to play it on Tatooine, across all eras, assuming you can even get Leia on that random day, in that random match?
    Yep, I think that's reasonable. If you buy a skin that looks like inaccurate trash in all but one map, be prepared to only get to play it when that map comes up. (I replaced your choice of the Boussh skin with the Hoth skin because I've never seen anyone complain about Boussh Leia being on any map.)

    They should never have made the Hoth skins (or the Young Han / Young Lando skins) purchasable. They should have been free automatic defaults on Hoth and Kessel.

    But here's what I think is even more reasonable: Take the Hoth skins (and the Young skins) away, make them free defaults for the appropriate maps. Then give everyone who owned any of them the value of that skin in crystals, so they can get a skin of equal value that doesn't make the game look ridiculous for everyone else in the server.

    (Ideally they'd first create and drop more hero skins, and a good chunk of the 70+ trooper skins that can be created just by recoloring.)

    Here's a potential response that Disney/EA/DICE could give you: "Not our fault you can't enjoy the game for what it is. Not our fault it's not immersive enough for you. But we like seeing our Kylo throughout the PT maps, so deal with it, ya heard?"
    And here what I'd tell them in response: "Yes, actually, it is your fault the game isn't immersive. And maybe you like seeing Kylo everywhere, but we don't. Fix it."

    5. There is no equal footing if you're relying on Kylo/Phasma overtaking Takodana or Jakku.
    The for Pete's sake, they should balance the sequel heroes better. They don't get a free pass to not balance elements of the game just because you like the cheap cruddy temporary solution they came up with.

    It's not even about playing as that hero. Point is, if I want to play as Han on Hoth and show off the Young Han skin I just paid $20 for but someone chooses him first, I know I'll have the same chance when I play as the Resistance on Starkiller the next round. Your solution doesn't allow the young Han to be chosen on any map in Galactic Assault.
    Exactly. Which is what's great about it. We don't have to see that round-headed Fake Han running around everywhere.

    What if I want to show off the Diros skin I paid money for, on every map? Even as Clones, as Stormtroopers? The answer would be "Too bad", as it should be. Just because I paid money for something doesn't mean I can use it on every map, in every era. Heck, currently I can't even use my Duros skin on any of the five classes outside of the Officer class, and I have to buy a second Duros skin if I want to use it during a different era.

    8. I like your solution. Thumbs up.
    Agreed. =)

    Still a lot of bullet holes in this Era-Lock pirate ship you guys keep sailing around the forums. Eventually, that ship will sink or maybe ya'll will realize it's time to abandon ship.
    That's what they said about helmetless Stormtroopers in EABF1.
  • Yeah, it’s not like I’m overly concerned with Canon fights,
    Battlefront has always been more of a sandbox Star Wars game for me growing up with its cool vehicles and battles
  • "Facts About This Straw Poll
    "Do You Like Cross Era Heroes?" was created on 11/29/2018 at 14:40:57.
    The poll has 2 answer options and already received 187 votes.
    With a whopping 50.27 % of all votes, "No" was clearly the most favorite answer.
    Selecting multiple answers is not allowed. Duplication checking is based on the voter's IP-address."

    "Whopping" lol. Right now it's an even 50%.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    "Facts About This Straw Poll
    "Do You Like Cross Era Heroes?" was created on 11/29/2018 at 14:40:57.
    The poll has 2 answer options and already received 187 votes.
    With a whopping 50.27 % of all votes, "No" was clearly the most favorite answer.
    Selecting multiple answers is not allowed. Duplication checking is based on the voter's IP-address."

    "Whopping" lol. Right now it's an even 50%.

    Yeah I don't think it's whopping.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I am against it. I think they could add a few more Hero’s simply by changing skins for different eras ie Boba becomes Jango, Leia becomes Padma, perhaps even fin becomes Zuckuss etc. That way there’s still a good seletion but no mixed eras.
  • DaxStorm wrote: »
    I am against it. I think they could add a few more Hero’s simply by changing skins for different eras ie Boba becomes Jango, Leia becomes Padma, perhaps even fin becomes Zuckuss etc. That way there’s still a good seletion but no mixed eras.

    I like this idea. But I can already hear the internet calling the devs lazy for doing that.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Slaughtering clones is always entertaining.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    It is pretty obvious that this game's entire post-launch content at this point is being made to appease CW fans

    False. Dennis himself said that they know that Star Wars isn’t just about the prequels, which I agree with.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s not like I’m overly concerned with Canon fights,
    I don't think ANYONE is wanting canon fights. No one is saying that Boba Fett can only be on Tattooine, or the Emperor can only be on the Death Star. All any of us want is for heroes to be in the correct 10-year era, fighting for the correct faction. Kylo Ren fights for the First Order, he doesn't fight for the Separatists or Droids, or the Galactic Empire.

    RyanK388 wrote: »
    Battlefront has always been more of a sandbox Star Wars game for me growing up with its cool vehicles and battles
    You might be thinking about LEGO Star Wars...? I've been playing Battlefront for more than 15 years, and there's never been any real talk about it being a "sandbox" game until the last 6 months, or maybe a little more. Up until this current game, the only "sandbox" mix-and-match that Battlefront has ever seen was in the Hero Arena mode of 2005 game -- one mode out of many modes the game had.

    And up until we had our spirits broken and people started just accepting wrong-faction heroes in Galactic Assault, no one ever said "Hey, you know what this game really needs? Darth Vader leading the droid army!"

    I'm all for cross-era in EVERY ONE of the hero modes. I'm all for making a Hero Assault version of GA for the Hero Modes category, so that the Assault Modes GA can have fewer heroes and be accurate. I just want at least one large-map modes that has heroes, but won't force me to watch Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma lead the Droid armies out to fight the Clones. Or Vader helping battle droids slaughter the 501st Legion.
  • Okay I'll admit I was having a bad morning LoL While I am for cross era play I should not have said screw people who whine about immersion as it seems to be almost half the community. I get where people are coming from wanting immersion.
    It's great to see someone from your side be willing to understand that there's a significant number who want the game to be accurate. I appreciate your post! I have always tried to consider the significant number of players who enjoy cross-era play, and I have always campaigned for them to retain elements that they like rather than demanding that their fun be replaced with our fun. It's entirely possible for them to make this into a game that all of us can enjoy, if they decide that's a goal worth pursuing.
  • i feel like we should have cross era heros with non-cross era events or vice versa like hero unleashed
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I don't want era locked weapons or skins (though a bit of precedence for the latter might help convince me otherwise).
    Precedence? I mean, this is the first Battlefront game ever to have cross-era in anything but HvV. Sounds like precedence is required more to justify cross-era in GA than to argue against it.

    I meant precedence for normally unlockable skins to be completely unusable/used by default in certain modes.
    Hi, if you are reading this I would like to inform you that this is a placeholder sig
    #JoinTheBuzz
  • RyanK388
    1039 posts Member
    edited December 1
    Just like the Force should be, the votes are in balance, neither side overpowers the other for long
  • Defbored wrote: »
    DaxStorm wrote: »
    I am against it. I think they could add a few more Hero’s simply by changing skins for different eras ie Boba becomes Jango, Leia becomes Padma, perhaps even fin becomes Zuckuss etc. That way there’s still a good seletion but no mixed eras.

    I like this idea. But I can already hear the internet calling the devs lazy for doing that.

    I didn’t think they could be accused of being any lazier! Haha but I get your meaning.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Just like the Force should be, the votes are in balance, neither side overpowers the other for long

    ORLY? Well then it looks like I need to fire up the VPN when I get home!
  • We better have a Heroes Unleashed Playlist before noobs start limiting Heroes in GA or the new Galactic Conquest mode. Yes to cross era in all relevant modes until then, no era restrictions because of how unbalanced it would be in ST. Conquest should also allow 4 Heroes at once as well, not just in the final phase.
  • We better have a Heroes Unleashed Playlist before noobs start limiting Heroes in GA or the new Galactic Conquest mode. Yes to cross era in all relevant modes until then, no era restrictions because of how unbalanced it would be in ST. Conquest should also allow 4 Heroes at once as well, not just in the final phase.

    I agree about conquest. If the entire map is to be used than 4 heroes is not that many
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • IronSoldier
    2127 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Lets not abuse polls and lets not abuse each other. Removed several posts.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Slaughtering clones is always entertaining.
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    @Dash @Landeaux2 @Empire_TW @Whodunnit what do you guys think of cross era?

    Problem with restricting heroes to their eras is inbalance, the First Order don't have enough and they aren't very good for GA.

    Personally, I think people should be able to play as whoever they want (besides playing with friends Iden/Janina is the only reason I'm still playing this) but I'd be fine if they were restricted to era and there were ways to play one era only.

    this is essentially my perspective.

    You PT fanbois want to force me to play your era? Have fun with your Clown getting rekt by Stormtrooper waifu, then.

    Give us era playlists. Then the GCW master race can put up a wall and make the clown wors filth pay for it.

    Who said we wanted to force you to play our era? You do you, I’ll do me.

    It is pretty obvious that this game's entire post-launch content at this point is being made to appease CW fans

    False. Dennis himself said that they know that Star Wars isn’t just about the prequels, which I agree with.

    Yet all content since June to at the very least until February has been nothing but that.
    Janina Gavankar is my Queen, to her I will always be true and faithful and love all which she loves and shun all which she shuns.
    0ngdu2c86fq1.png
    PSN: Empire_TW


  • Although I’m not really overly bothered either way, I’d maybe just go towards No which is what I’ve just voted
  • Does ist also break the immersion to have Darth Vader and Palpatine on Endor after they have died? That map belongs to the GCW era, but maybe it should´t. If the game adds era-playlists, then Endor (and of course some new maps as well) should be in the New Republic era playlist.

    Until then I´m for cross-era.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    Does ist also break the immersion to have Darth Vader and Palpatine on Endor after they have died? That map belongs to the GCW era, but maybe it should´t. If the game adds era-playlists, then Endor (and of course some new maps as well) should be in the New Republic era playlist.

    Until then I´m for cross-era.

    For me, Vader and the emperor on Endor is fair game. Seeing Kylo Ren or Maul there is not. That’s where I draw my line.
  • Wow, just rechecked and it is literally 50/50. Surprising.
  • I don't like cross era heroes in GA.
  • I'm all for cross-era heroes and I'm not in favor of removing content. Assuming a player who is bent by out-of-era heroes wouldn't pick one themselves, what we're asking ourselves is should we remove options from others for our own self-pleasure?

    If the issue is really immersion, then let's put an end to resurrections. How many times must the rebels defeat Darth Vader in a single game or phase?


  • RubyOx wrote: »
    I'm all for cross-era heroes and I'm not in favor of removing content. Assuming a player who is bent by out-of-era heroes wouldn't pick one themselves, what we're asking ourselves is should we remove options from others for our own self-pleasure?

    If the issue is really immersion, then let's put an end to resurrections. How many times must the rebels defeat Darth Vader in a single game or phase?


    Tired argument. People draw a line they think is fair when it comes to a video game. Go beyond it and it gets ridiculous. Many people seem to draw that line right before cross-era heroes (a rare feature in Star Wars games), while resurrections are totally fine.

    I bet you have a line when it comes to ”options” and content too? Cross-faction heroes? That ok? So you can have the option to pick and play Luke Skywalker not only on any map, but also regardless of what side you’re on. Who didn’t have the action-figure-dream-fight as a kid where evil Luke fought good Luke, am I right?

    And most people aren’t talking about removing content. We want era-restricted modes to be added.
  • I really like when the heroes have lines for each others, but what's frustrating is the new heroes do have lines for some older ones, but they doesn't have any. Example Obi Wan has lines for Maul, but he doesn't have any for him, at least not yet. ; ^
    Check out my skin idea for Palpatine:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117692/the-forgotten-skin-emperor-palpatine

    ❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞

    #LeiaOrgana
    4z1aaxrauk54.gif



Sign In or Register to comment.