criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Anthem

So is anyone excited for this game? I recently got back into Destiny 2 which is actually increasing my hype for Anthem. I hadn’t followed the development much but I just saw it’s going to be 3rd person which is a plus to me.
#infantrylivesmatter

Replies

• Might, though I doubt I will.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • IronSoldier
    3764 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Signed up to test it. Not sure if it's my kind of game though, We shall see.
  • Signed up to test it. Not sure if it's my kind of game though, We shall see.

I got the email for the Alpha and put my name in the list so we will see. The gameplay I’ve seen looks good. If they improve on stuff from Destiny mistakes I think I’ll be all set. No pvp either which will seem odd at first but willing to give it a chance
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Absolutely! Been hyped since it's first announcement. Van't wait to play it with the family/friends.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Well I got into the Alpha, all sessions this weekend. Lips sealed
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • IronSoldier
    3764 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Please note.

All closed alpha discussion (under NDA) should be contained to the EA answer forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Anthem-Closed-Alpha/ct-p/anthem-closed-alpha-en

• Alright alright alright, Elliot on the field

#infantrylivesmatter
  • I 'm really looking forward to Anthem.

And because it's an EA game, I'll probably sign up for a month of EA Access ($5) to be able to play the game early and see if I want to buy it. If I do, I'll get 10% off the digital version, which pays for the cost of the month of EA Access. If I don't like the game, I can still play other Access games for the rest of the month. It's a win-win.
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited February 22
    If anyone playing on XB hit me up. GT is the same as here. Since the game is PvE I’m willing to give it a long shot
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 😂the deluxe edition is now only $15
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited February 28
    😂the deluxe edition is now only $15

Lol I hadn’t seen that yet.

I’m still having fun with it although there are definitely things that are mind boggling that isn’t in the game after 6 years of development. I’ve completed the main campaign and still have fresh missions to do so probably still the honeymoon phase.

So much potential but I’m not sure the game has legs. I thought Cataclysms were coming in March but I see they aren’t on the roadmap until May. When I saw that I had immediate flashbacks to how Battlefront is treated as a live service game and Bioware doesn’t even have the excuse of “took out the ability to monetize” like Battlefront fans use. It’s got to be EA’s Live Service model. If this game has content released as slow as BF and what we’re currently seeing from Anthems roadmap I will never buy another EA game until I see the release reactions. I’m not holding my breath for some awesome content in the “cortex locked” placeholders on the roadmap.

With the game being completely PvE I’m in no rush so I’ll probably constantly stop in after the end game to see how things are going.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I'm enjoying it right now. I like the story so far and I've still got more character missions to finish up after the main story, plus Contracts. The Lore in the game is pretty deep, but a lot of it is provided by text on the screen. Gameplay mechanics are great. I like that there is matchmaking for everything.
    There should be more Strongholds (like a Strike in Destiny).
    Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    Rook008 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it right now. I like the story so far and I've still got more character missions to finish up after the main story, plus Contracts. The Lore in the game is pretty deep, but a lot of it is provided by text on the screen. Gameplay mechanics are great. I like that there is matchmaking for everything.
    There should be more Strongholds (like a Strike in Destiny).

I gotta say there are a lot more Missions/Contracts after the Campaign than I was expecting based on reviews. I’m still plugging away at them.

Agree they def need more Strongholds though especially since some use recycled pieces
    #infantrylivesmatter