criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

[Megathread] Battlepoint Squad Issue

Replies

• T0TALfps wrote: »
    We are aware of this issue, and are working to have this fixed within an upcoming update. We cannot say much more than that at this point in time, I would, however, suggest that people avoid doing this in the game, it goes against every positive experience you can have within the game.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, we'll provide a clearer update when we can.
    I like how you say in an “upcoming update”

Not the next update

Which obviously goes to show it is not really something you are that bothered about or easy to fix

We are aware of this issue, and are working to have this fixed within an upcoming update. We cannot say much more than that at this point in time, I would, however, suggest that people avoid doing this in the game, it goes against every positive experience you can have within the game.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this, we'll provide a clearer update when we can.

Thanks for the feedback. Good work.
  • I'll just quit if it happens again. They have said before that they dont care about making money off Crystals. Leaving this issue unchecked is further proof of that.
  • there is some glitch that allows you to get more bp. i was on endor and a guy had two kills and 305,000 bp and on starkiller after my first death another guy had yoda. when i looked at the leaderboard i saw that no matter what they did they were constantly gaining bp. fix this dice!!!!
  • d0kRX
    1144 posts Member
    I don't understand this. Me n my buddy tried to confirm this is a real thing, and we couldn't replicate it so.... Not sure that it is a thing.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Its ridiculous. Whenever i see an exploiter now i'll be sure to leave the match. Its not fun at all...

Fix this ASAP.
    I’ve just been playing and every match has had at least 1 player on each team doing it

Looks like it’s becoming more widespread now

Don’t worry though as there will be a fix SOON
  • It surprises me DICE isn't EXTREMELY WORRIED about a glitch that gives loads of free credits to those who got the points so they can buy all skins without paying any real money.

When people discovered how to unlock paid skins before they were released, DICE was quick to patch that.

Their reasoning is beyond me
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Dash wrote: »
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

how about Rolled Back to Level 1

:D

Who? The players doing the glitch or the (sometimes random) person receiving the benefit of it.
    Hands might be tied on punishment on this one.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

bruh how can you put something in the game and then tell us not to use it? how long does it take to just fix how many points someone can accumulate?

jfc
  • okay im lost what exactly is the battlepoint glitch what is it and how do they do it?
  • RogueZeroRendar
    531 posts Member
    edited December 4
    okay im lost what exactly is the battlepoint glitch what is it and how do they do it?

A BUG in spawn screen allows for a player to continuosly spawn on the same squad mate over and over again.

Each time a spawn happens, the squad mate who was targetted by the glitcher to spawn on gets a few points.

Repeating this hundreds of times allows people to get millions of Score Points in one match
    Tired of BUGs? Visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Please move this to the right area if it is wrong. I am seeing people with 100,000 plus battlepoints and 0 kills. It is every match now! I play on xbox and it is the most ridiculous thing I have seen. Please patch whatever glitch these people are using. I am sure this complaint has happened before, however, the more people complain about it perhaps the quicker it is fixed.

We can't wait that long. Remove the squad system if you can't fix this glitch cause it's breaking the game.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • This is nothing compared to the hero glitch or the Lando glitch
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    This is nothing compared to the hero glitch or the Lando glitch

Lando glitch was a living PTSD/Nightmare. Some of us still have flashbacks.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Lee1981
    968 posts Member
    edited December 4
    It’s ruining every match I play in GA now

Every match over in phase 1

I didn't play BF2015 but I remember hearing something about a Lando glitch. What was that glitch?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Was this on pc?

Sorry for the typo before, stupid phone. No, it was ps4.

Your name looks familiar I think I was playing with you last night/morning

My screen name is the same on ps4 as the forums. Played quite a bit yesterday, I need to pay closer attention to the names. Hard to miss yours if it's the same as here.
  • Think DICE had to delay some kind of update for BFV, so seems like there main focus is that. Then maybe they address this issue.
    PSN- CnastyOneTime
  • I don't know if the devs understand how gamebreaking this glitch is. Honestly if they can't fix it killswitch the squad system.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Dash wrote: »

I didn't play BF2015 but I remember hearing something about a Lando glitch. What was that glitch?

@MyLittleGreenFriend ,

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Kloon
    9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

• Lee1981
    968 posts Member
    edited December 4
    I don't know if the devs understand how gamebreaking this glitch is. Honestly if they can't fix it killswitch the squad system.
    Agreed

My son has finally left fornite alone and got back on with me for the first time in months and they way it’s going with this glitch he will be jumping ship again pretty quickly

@MyLittleGreenFriend ,

giphy.gif
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • It would make sense to switch on Heroes unleashed until DICE/EA can fix the problem. It would help mitigate the problem somewhat.
  • Dash
    11070 posts Member
    edited December 4
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    I don't know if the devs understand how gamebreaking this glitch is. Honestly if they can't fix it killswitch the squad system.
    Agreed

My son has finally left fornite alone and got back on with me for the first time in months and they way it’s going with this glitch he will be jumping ship again pretty quickly

I hope he sticks with you and plays. I can’t wait to have a son of my own one day to game with. I envy you man. That is so freaking cool! :blush:

9kxfgzb9tacz.gif

Agreed

I hope he sticks with you and plays. I can’t wait to have a son of my own one day to game with. I envy you man. That is so freaking cool! :blush:
    Is pretty cool, even if he’s at the age now where he knows I’m not very cool anymore lol
  • This needs a hotfix immediately, it can't wait till January or even the end of this month.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Game breaking glitches/bugs have never really been a motivator for the developers to do anything. Be different if MTX systems had issues, you bet that would be remedied with haste
  • if emperor op merited a kill switch I would think this is even more of a problem
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    I don't understand this. Me n my buddy tried to confirm this is a real thing, and we couldn't replicate it so.... Not sure that it is a thing.

It's 100% real....no need to try it in the 'name of research ' ;-)
    Would be a good punishment for those that exploit this to have their accounts rolled back to the day before Geonosis/Obi update, and a temp ban that way they gained nothing. I Despise exploiters/cheaters.

Too risky.

I don't care. They should be stripped of everything. Whole reset. Or perm ban. Good riddance of those rodants who cheat.

They'll be able to tell who exploited it and those who did not.
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Game breaking glitches/bugs have never really been a motivator for the developers to do anything. Be different if MTX systems had issues, you bet that would be remedied with haste

The chicken was fixed faster than this.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • T0TALfps
    1167 posts EA Community Manager
    T0TALfps wrote: »

To add onto my earlier response here is a more detailed response on the matter:

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing folks and thank you for the patience being shown.
    beq77m6aitvn.png
    EA Community Coordinator, Anthem, Battlefield & Battlefront
    Twitter - Board Guidelines
    // Some of my posts may not represent the opinions of EA or DICE.
  • I hope they get banned or that their troopers/heroes and cash gets resetted to zero.
  • It's definitely real. Saw a General Grievous on Hoth last night sitting in a cave in the back of the map while we were trying to take phase 2. Had another couple players with him and about 250k points with only 2 kills. The points didn't stop either.

Tutorial videos for this bug are already online. It's spreading like wildfire.
  • And there won't be repercussions for those intentionally exploiting this glitch. So yeah.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Was this on pc?

Sorry for the typo before, stupid phone. No, it was ps4.

Your name looks familiar I think I was playing with you last night/morning

My screen name is the same on ps4 as the forums. Played quite a bit yesterday, I need to pay closer attention to the names. Hard to miss yours if it's the same as here.

My psn is mvp8243
  • TheScape
    1225 posts Member
    edited December 4

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing folks and thank you for the patience being shown.

Well, since we can't get the full fix, removing the score bonus is a good short term solution to at least fix the exploit.
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • I'll just quit if it happens again. They have said before that they dont care about making money off Crystals. Leaving this issue unchecked is further proof of that.

That explains the slowballing at least, what a shame. Should've kept loot boxes after all.
  • Another week?
    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Darth_Vapor3
    1965 posts Member
    edited December 4

Thanks for the feedback. Good work.
    You got to be joking right?

Your basically thanking them for trying to fix something that they broke and not only that have no idea if and when it will be fixed

I mean come on

No, I’m not joking. While I understand that this may be “game breaking” for some, it’s of little consequence to me. Everyone knows what’s happening and their inflated score means nothing, other than to identify the guilty party as a tool. I play to have fun and while my score does matter, it’s not the end all be all. If someone wants to spend the entire match just clicking spawn over and over for a buddies sake, fine. All they are accomplishing is to take themselves out of the match.

I said thank you due to the informative and timely response to the issue.

Good work was with this in mind. I’d already figured as much.

While I do have some issues with this game, I generally don’t whine and complain to much by nature. It’s not my speed. There are plenty of folks around here who thrive on it so I just leave that to those who are more suited to it.
  • stevenomes
    4597 posts Member
    edited December 4
    I'm sure it will get worse in the short term now that it will be fixed in about a week. everyone will try to get as many pts as possible before the well runs dry. I'll still play normally but at least we know what to expect.
  • Another week?

With the amount of points I'm seeing in a single match, a week is plenty of time for all these noobs to finish maxing out everything.

Oh well, I'll be in HvV and SA until the 12th, I guess...
  • ValinAkuji wrote: »
    Another week?

With the amount of points I'm seeing in a single match, a week is plenty of time for all these noobs to finish maxing out everything.

Oh well, I'll be in HvV and SA until the 12th, I guess...

This.
    jexdw69dwod3.png
This discussion has been closed.