criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

The new stamina indicator changes are unnecessary and worse than what it once was

Prev1
Landeaux2
3138 posts Member
edited December 2018
I don’t understand why this was changed in the first place. The stamina indicator wheel was fine before the last patch. The changes to the stamina wheel seemed awkward in the last patch since we had a year to get used to one stamina visual.

This patch’s stamina bar is much worse than either stamina wheel, however. I say this because your stamina bar is at the bottom of the screen so you have to look away from combat to notice how much stamina you have. I don’t understand this decision because it in fact decreases stamina awareness. It’s much easier to get a general understanding of how much stamina you have from a circular wheel than from a straight bar. At the very least, having a percentage next to your stamina bar would’ve provided much better clarity as to how much stamina you have.

Please stop changing what isn’t necessary. Revert the stamina indicator back to what it was before the last patch.

Thanks.
Post edited by Landeaux2 on

Replies

• Landeaux2 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why this was changed in the first place. The changes to the stamina wheel seemed awkward in the last patch since we had a year to get used to one stamina visual. The stamina indicator wheel was fine before the last patch.

This patch’s stamina bar is much worse than either stamina wheel, however. I say this because your stamina bar is at the bottom of the screen so you have to look away from combat to notice how much stamina you have. I don’t understand this decision because it in fact decreases stamina awareness. It’s much easier to get a general understanding of how much stamina you have from a circular wheel than from a straight bar.

Please stop changing what isn’t necessary. Revert the stamina indicator back to what it was before the last patch.

Thanks.

Give it a couple days to get used to it. I agree it could've been done better though but with playing the game so much I kinda know when imma run out of stamina that's just me though
  • AVGN
    508 posts Member
    I like it...
    But hey, this is just me so...
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • why does EA make everthing difficult for us in my opinion i think they should give the development of this game to the community so we dont have worry about it.
  • I feel conflicted about it for now. Is better because now the screen is more clean and deflect shots less disturbed by the circle, but it is harder to see and control when you are near to finish the stamina.

So I like this bar more than the circle, but it should be more visible.
    This is my first opinion
  • It’s much more clean and simple now. Give time, you get used to it
    What could be the big news? The big news for me is that Anakin Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi are said to be definitively playable in the future. Unfortunately, the fact that these two are coming to the game is now considered the big news. While these are the foundation stones of the Star Wars universe. Very sad.
  • Like others have said, it'll just take some time to get used to. See it as a small increase in skill gap, since less experienced players may more easily lose track of their stamina when the update drops.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    Like others have said, it'll just take some time to get used to. See it as a small increase in skill gap, since less experienced players may more easily lose track of their stamina when the update drops.

This
  • I like it, personally. Makes the UI look cleaner and like another poster mentioned, I just about know when I’m going to run out of stamina anyway. Just my opinion, though.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    They have changed it because they obviously listen to too many whiners on this forum constantly complaining about the saber combat

Actually complaining about literally everything let’s be honest

Us "whiners" got the block-stagger to finally be removed and the entire system to be revamped for the better. You're welcome.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • I like it better too. Before with it overlaying on our character in the center of the screen was hugely a distracting from the actual game play, I say keep it :)
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    They have changed it because they obviously listen to too many whiners on this forum constantly complaining about the saber combat

Us "whiners" got the block-stagger to finally be removed and the entire system to be revamped for the better. You're welcome.

They're so unappreciative bro smh. Not even a you're welcome

the entire system to be revamped for the better.
    For the better, I’ll wait to see on that one
  • I just don’t understand the logic of changing something that’s working well or doesn’t have issues. The officer’s latest gun nerfs, the stamina bar. Cargo and DropZone were examples of modes that were changed into Frankenstein’s monster.

owihrnf38ldo.gif

A timer and a player reduction in Blast?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Or how about. We can customize our own UI
    "I play Star Wars like real life, I try not to die if possible."

k2bblaxemr26.png

PS4 EventHorizonOH
  • Erm, no.

I like the bar. All gamers use their peripheral vision, so I'm perfectly aware about the legth of the bar. It takes about 2 minutes to get used to it.
  • I don't like the bar...as stated it breaks cocentration and should've left it as is.
  • this new bar is horrible. now I have to stop looking at where im aiming in order to judge how much stamina I have left. there was NOTHING wrong with the original, why change? who at dice is making these foolish decisions??????

first, they COMPLETELY REVERSE the stamina circle that we all played with for a WHOLE YEAR. Then they completely take it away to a different area. smh. not to mention yodas push- LB, lukes push- LB, obi wans push- RB. whoever is making decisions at dice needs replaced, period.
  • So pointless, I don't understand why they not conctrating on major flaws and do this pointless stamina thing, I looked at it 1 time and thought wtf is it doing there, it does not help in the slightest, so instead of doing matchmaking and fixing bugs (Luke cards still vanish) they waste there time on this pointless garbage.
  • How can we bring the dice here and let them see our comments?
  • it could've been done better
    I just don’t understand the logic

BF2 in a nutshell
    Versatti wrote: »
    Dennis, EA or Disney still do not understand their customer base or how to win them over.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    The stamina HUD indicator sure looks familiar

I wonder

Where they got the idea for it

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsfa13.files.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F03%2Fskyrim-hud-layout.png&f=1
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    edited December 2018

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FelVATJ6fo681O%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

10/10, 100/100

Best combat

Best combat

There is nothing wrong at all
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

[url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Give it some time, this bar makes the battle itself look better!

Because.. You know..
    There's no massive wheel to obstruct your vision.

ALSO, your peripheral vision should be able to see the bar just fine.

Once you're used to it, you won't even notice it I believe :)
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Give it some time, this bar makes the battle itself look better!

Because.. You know..

Just going to post my reply to the thread you made that got deleted here
    You know.. Sometimes I wish everyone on these forums was a little bit more professional.
    What's the point of being professional when there's nothing to really talk about. The developers or F8RGE rarely come here and most of the long standing players like me have already made our big imaginative threads only to watch them fade off the board.

There's no point in being "professional" when you get no recognition or reward. @Elusive_DJ can make a ginormous hero thread with a TON of content and suggestions on Hero design, balancing, gameplay, and reworks and it gets barely any replies before it fades off the board

Meanwhile a person on twitter types 25 words about how cool Ashoka is and they get a like or reply
    This is what updates should be like.
    I'm going to say something nobody here would expect, I would agree. The UI changes to have roll counts are unneeded but cute, and I actually don't mind the new stamina bar.

However, this is a completely disappointing and useless update as the past several months have been. Hero game-play is absolutely abysmal at this point, HVV has reached a point of critical mass where I can barely even find any joy in it's game-play anymore. The light-side has been vastly overshadowed in HVV since they tweaked the roll system the Dark Side has just button mashed their way to victory for untold months

What do they do to correct this? They listen to THE DARK SIDE and NERF Chewbacca. I absolutely agree that Chewbacca needed to be smacked down hard he was boring, way too strong, and obnoxious but he was a necessary evil that gave the Light-Side a chance to win. They just went and nerfed him without even TOUCHING Villains like Iden or Kylo who for months have had stuns FAR worse than his and with significantly more firepower

Guillaiume has continued to persist in not touching any of these game-play factors and I really have no more patience for it. I've waited months for some balance changes and they have yet to come.
    Just overall improvements and epic additions like the skin for Obi-Wan and his animations!
    These are minor fixes and a minor addition they should not be treated as content or a major thing. (Still waiting on Hooded Maul by the way)
    LOVE the teaser about the combat overhaul !!! I think everyone has been saying the combat is kinda dull and needed change.
    Which contains a good thing such as no more stagger and a heap of really, really, bad ideas. Plus it's a TEASER do you know how tired I am of hearing "Soon" after a YEAR?
    Armored clone officers have been requested for long as well.
    A bit too late to really care at this point but it's nice

@F8RGE Can you please tell us if in addition to the saber combat changes the Light and Dark Side Heroes will be getting some stat changes as well?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • I like the new bar. Took two matches to get used to. It is a touch awkward having to look down... but it turns a glowing red when low, if your eyes can’t pick that up...
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I like the new bar. Took two matches to get used to. It is a touch awkward having to look down... but it turns a glowing red when low, if your eyes can’t pick that up...

It would be really nice if you could customize it's color the same way you can customize the reticle
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I like the new bar. Took two matches to get used to. It is a touch awkward having to look down... but it turns a glowing red when low, if your eyes can’t pick that up...

for now I do not like the endurance bar, maybe I'm not used to it yet, but I still think that Dice should leave the choice to players to personalize their endurance between those who want the circle or the endurence bar
  • hsf_
    1817 posts Member
    Agreed, for a while I thought they removed stamina entirely.
  • @OOM19 Perfect post.
  • Landeaux2 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why this was changed in the first place. The stamina indicator wheel was fine before the last patch. The changes to the stamina wheel seemed awkward in the last patch since we had a year to get used to one stamina visual.

I agree with you. It was (much) better before. At the very least move the stamina bar up to where the blaster overheat bar is. Ideally revert to the stamina wheel. Or, just to please everyone, give players a choice which UI they prefer. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    mkite wrote: »
    Landeaux2 wrote: »

I agree with you. It was (much) better before. At the very least move the stamina bar up to where the blaster overheat bar is. Ideally revert to the stamina wheel. Or, just to please everyone, give players a choice which UI they prefer. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

You mean allow the players to customize their own UI and Menu stuff? That's absolutely absurd

Like they trashed the old hologram menus for no reason
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Give it some time, this bar makes the battle itself look better!

Because.. You know..

Yes. Gone are the days of the ridiculous white circle obstructing your field of view. You all will adjust, then realize that you’re better off for it.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member

Because.. You know..

Yes. Gone are the days of the ridiculous white circle obstructing your field of view. You all will adjust, then realize that you’re better off for it.

Never. I'll never turn to the Bethesda side Vapor, you've failed

Cheerios>>>>>Protein Bars
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »

Because.. You know..

Heheh. Nice.

But sir, I’ve learned from you that OOM-9 can adapt to anything!
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »

Because.. You know..

Heheh. Nice.

OOM-9 does not adapt

The situation adapts to HIM!
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »

Because.. You know..

Heheh. Nice.

OOM-9 does not adapt

The situation adapts to HIM!

Insightful. And yet that’s exactly what’s happened. His field of view is less obstructed. His vision clearer. Indeed, OOM-9 is mighty! The game has adapted to improve his sight!
  • Sorry I have to disagree. I was fine with how it was before but cannot deny it is such an improvement now it has been done. DICE are fixing things I didn't even know were broken. They are doing a great job at the minute IMO.
  • Honestly thanks to this change, deflect blasters seem a little easier being the screen more clean
  • Like someone else said, it would be nice to be able to change it in the options. I personally just find it harder to keep track of stamina now but aperciate others might like it better. I like that there now is a UI for dodge cool down.
  • The new Stamina Bar is HORRIBLE, and it bothers me a lot that a really good amount of players here find it OK or better. Although I prefer the wheel, the bar wouldn't be a problem if it was displayed nearer to your aim, like with overheat bars for shooters. But it's located so far away from the focal point that I completely lost track of my stamina management since the latest patch.

I'm not a casual player, I have tons of hours on my back, thousands of HvV matches played since launch, and I'm mostly used to stamina users like Rey, Vader, and Palpatine. My eyes are ALWAYS completely concentrated on my focal point and beyond, which usually excludes anything from the waist of my character to the bottom of the screen.

I can only discern abilities in cooldown or not and health changes because they are big enough to spot, and even then I usually act first on assumptions then by checking those stuff when enemies are all around me (which happens a lot).

The stamina bar is too small, too far away from the focal point and it's completely overshadowed by the life bar. Without focusing my sight downwards to where both of these bars are, I rarely discern any change on the stamina bar at all, it's completely invisible to me as there is a much bigger white bar just below it.

So to those who feel the bar is ok, I can't understand your reasoning, but then you must agree that if it was displayed in the same spot as a overheat bar for shooters, it would still be good to you, while it'll also be easier to spot for anyone. For me, a majorly HvV player, which prefers stamina users and have been almost only using those since November 2017, this stamina change meant a downgrade for sure, now it's far harder to manage Stamina then before.

I see where you’re coming from but maybe you should just give it time and see if you get used to it. Every time something changes you’re not gonna be as good at it right away as you were with the old one that you put a lot of hours into. Just give it a week or 2 and if you still can’t adjust, ask for the change
  • Xerogon wrote: »
    The new Stamina Bar is HORRIBLE, and it bothers me a lot that a really good amount of players here find it OK or better. Although I prefer the wheel, the bar wouldn't be a problem if it was displayed nearer to your aim, like with overheat bars for shooters. But it's located so far away from the focal point that I completely lost track of my stamina management since the latest patch.

I'm not a casual player, I have tons of hours on my back, thousands of HvV matches played since launch, and I'm mostly used to stamina users like Rey, Vader, and Palpatine. My eyes are ALWAYS completely concentrated on my focal point and beyond, which usually excludes anything from the waist of my character to the bottom of the screen.

I can only discern abilities in cooldown or not and health changes because they are big enough to spot, and even then I usually act first on assumptions then by checking those stuff when enemies are all around me (which happens a lot).

The stamina bar is too small, too far away from the focal point and it's completely overshadowed by the life bar. Without focusing my sight downwards to where both of these bars are, I rarely discern any change on the stamina bar at all, it's completely invisible to me as there is a much bigger white bar just below it.

So to those who feel the bar is ok, I can't understand your reasoning, but then you must agree that if it was displayed in the same spot as a overheat bar for shooters, it would still be good to you, while it'll also be easier to spot for anyone. For me, a majorly HvV player, which prefers stamina users and have been almost only using those since November 2017, this stamina change meant a downgrade for sure, now it's far harder to manage Stamina then before.

I see where you’re coming from but maybe you should just give it time and see if you get used to it. Every time something changes you’re not gonna be as good at it right away as you were with the old one that you put a lot of hours into. Just give it a week or 2 and if you still can’t adjust, ask for the change

By giving it time the only thing I'll learn is how to predict my lack of stamina without looking to the stamina bar, and how to quickly change my focal point to the bottom of the screen in brief windows of time when nobody is attacking me like I do to the radar. But the radar isn't needed when you're being attacked, while the stamina bar is ESSENTIAL.

If it at least grew enough when becoming empty, I could catch it with my eyes focused on my aim and beyond, but it doesn't. Unless I'm actively looking to the bottom of the screen, I simply can't see ANY difference in that zone of the screen with how small the stamina bar is, and how close it is to a similar colored and shaped but much bigger Health Bar.

And really, why defend the stamina bar the way they implemented it? What exactly have they done with it that you feel it's a good idea? If the only thing that's better now in your opinion is the fact that the huge wheel is gone forever, well I understand that it was messing with a portion of the screen that needs to be clear for combat, but I too feel this change may be a good move. My suggestion is that the stamina bar is put on the same spot as the overheat bar, simple as that, everything is fixed. That I can get used to without compromising my gameplay.

Now imagine bringing the overheat bar to the same spot as the stamina bar? I'd love to see the reaction of those who focus on Blaster gameplay.
    Tired of BUGs?
    giphy.gif
    Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Actually the best thing about the stamina bar now is that it's out of our aiming view by not being dead center of screen anymore. Now if Boosk uses his gas it seems that then if you're affected the old stamina reticule gets displayed again in a red circle and dead center of the screen, which reminds me how ugly it was.
  • OOM19
    2831 posts Member
    I will admit it's really difficult to see the stamina bar with how low it is
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

jexdw69dwod3.png